Becton Dickinson & Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Prepare to Be Micromanaged
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sparks, MDJuly 13, 2018
I used to like working in my position until management changed and decided to micromanage the department. They also do not put you in a position to succeed.
Pros
Salary Benefits
Cons
Gobbling good companies profits and spitting out those employees.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 9, 2018
Buying too many companies and destroying them. Laying off a lot of people close to retirement. If you are not in their Franklin Lakes facility no job is secure.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Ruined good companies.
Better than most
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Canaan, CTJuly 9, 2018
Hours are tough, distance for me was wearing doing 12 hour overnight shifts. Atmosphere is relaxed, but can be stressful at times. Manufacturing department is cut throat, people will stab others in back for their own benefit.

Great pay and decent benefits. Health insurance is expensive tho, high deductible.
Productive and funny
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 6, 2018
Everyday working at BD was a new experience, supervisors were really relaxed and the environment was really smooth. Always challenge your skills and improvement are required.
Excellent company
Senior Director R&D Systems Development (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 4, 2018
BD is an excellent company to work for. The culture is fantastic. The people are very talented and make it a great place to work. BD Bioscience Unit are doing some very exciting work which will have great impact to patients lives.
Could be really good, but...
Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington/Mebane NCJuly 4, 2018
I read a lot of reviews about this company before posting mine and most others had the same experience I did. Poor management, indecision, cliquey culture and stressful work environment at times. I found BD to have the worst HR I have worked with, at least in NC. If you have issues don't even bother bringing them to the management attention because you will be labeled a complainer, unless you are a "minority". In my time with BD, the company received very low ratings on employee engagement survey's almost yearly yet nothing was ever done about it. Performance reviews are a joke. HR and Sr. leadership establish these at the beginning of the year so no matter how hard you work, volunteer or are a "team player" it won't matter. Policies and Procedures mean nothing in this company, most are worked around to benefit the process or employee. Personally, I think this company, at least the NC WH&C sites need to "cut the head off management" and start over.
Benefits
Cons
Management/HR
Great company , would like to work for BD again
Lead Systems Administrator ( extended contract ) (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 27, 2018
Great company , was very satisfied by my role.Unfortunately, I worked for the company on extended contract only. My team and myself finished the main project that I was hired for. I would like to work for BD again.
Big Corporation with Stockholder Emphasis
Consultant, Service Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2018
It is a great place to learn SO much. It would be a better place if the company understood that happy employees translates into a great company, great products, and a steller reputation.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
The focus is primarily on stockholders' interests
Productive a great place to work.
Quality Document System Management (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 26, 2018
BD is a great place to work. Once you are here you are treated like family togetherness is key. They have a great cafeteria with breakfast, lunch with hot soups if you choose and a salad bar. Each floor has a coffee station with free tea & coffee and a Keurig :) I learned more about Quality, the most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team with a great sense of humor but we still get the work done in a timely manner. They just merged with another company.
Pros
3rd Wed Town Hall meetings. Internal commumication information is great
Cons
I was a contractor.
Great employer
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJune 25, 2018
The management was horrible in liquid media, but other than that a great company to work for. They offer a whole lot of great benefits and I wouldn't mind going back if I would be able to work in another area then liquid media and deal with that supervisor.
Job Review
T & E Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2018
Enjoyed working at BD, it had a supportive environment starting with upper management. I enjoyed the fact that we did many things outside the office to support the San Antonio community.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
didn't really have any, I would go back to this job if I could
Loved it here
Research and Development Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 21, 2018
It's been a long time, but I did enjoy working at BD. The division I worked at no longer exists so I would suggest contacting someone with a more recent review.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PRJune 18, 2018
Tremenda gerencia, muy buenos compañeros de trabajo. Trabajé con ADP.
Pros
15 dias vac, 12 dias de enfermedad, Plan de retiro, Dias feriados, Plan medico, Bono de navidad
Good place to work at
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2018
Good place to work at, having a good time here, a bit of politics that needs to be taken of everyday, which is at every company, so it is not too bad.
Average
Clinical Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 11, 2018
Management was challenging. Work hours and benefits were average. I left the company because there wasn't room for advancement and I found the salary to be below average
Vernon Hills Location
Billback Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 5, 2018
Excellent amenities and low maintenance management. There is a workout facility and in house cafeteria. The location is near the Vernon Hills commercial district.
Had a specific job to perform
Formulation Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 4, 2018
The job was to prepare and test products for the company and meet cGMP regulations. I had weekly projects that I was responsible for. There were only a couple of different rotating projects that I was allowed to perform due to my lack of a BS degree.
Pros
Fun people, good management
Cons
Boring, repetitive job
Great company to work for
GPO Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJJune 4, 2018
BD is a wonderful work environment. The campus is beautiful. They take great care of their employees. They hate smokers so I would advise you quit if you plan to work there. They take the time to help you improve on your work. the people at BD have big hearts and it makes your work more reliable because you don't want to let anyone down.
Professional atmosphere with room for fun
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78249June 4, 2018
Working for BD was an eye opening experience. I was lucky to work for a large, well known company which made products with excellence and ethics. Distanced from any factory work, I was nonetheless able to play a key part in operations and felt that my role was never put down for being an office job. Day to day hours in the office were pretty mundane, buckle down and do the work but there was always time for a joke at daily team meetings, and our group lead believed heartily in taking time to celebrate each win. Potlucks to make not of software launches, holidays, and sometimes seasonal changes were the norm, and office decorations were encouraged as long as they didn't go overboard.
I learned a lot at BD, about Lean, Six Sigma, Project Management, team management, goal setting and people management. I learned to believe in the company as well as the products, and even today I would stand by a BD product proudly despite no longer working for the company.
The hardest part of the job for me was the lack of transparency with upper management and the way that projects would come down the chain with such rapidity. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the individual plants and getting escalated issues resolved as quickly as I knew how to prevent unnecessary vendor consequence.
Pros
Large, Reputable Corporation, Decent Benefits
Cons
it's easy to get lost in a large corporation, standardized processes forget about the individual
Quality Engineer
Quality Engineer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJJune 2, 2018
Becton Dickinson is a very large corporate organization with strong emphasis on Company's Mission, Values and Goals. I was assigned specific tasks to perform my job and I had good support from my team. It was a good experience working for Becton Dickinson and I had completed my tasks for projects given to me.
Pros
Excellent Professionalism and leadership
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Becton Dickinson & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss