Becton Dickinson & Company Employee Reviews

Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holdrege, NENovember 11, 2018
Great place to work. Very structured and everyone is nice. The hours are hard to get used to. Advancement is there but you have to stay in your position for over a year before being considered.
Pros
great benefits, great pay
Conservative R&D culture
R&D Engineer (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJNovember 10, 2018
BD calls all of engineering including sustaining engineering “R&D” which is
A bit Confusing. Fairly conservative risk-averse company currently trying to learn to be more innovative. It seems to be difficult for engineers and scientists to get promoted if not on people or program management or MBA track.. in other words company needs to figure out how to value technical people and encourage innovation, which is not going to come from throwing all the salary money at managers. Good company for people with families, big emphasis on work-life balance, diversity, tolerance, professionalism in the work environment. Projects tend to be understaffed or have too high a ratio of managers to people who actually execute the work so they tend to fall behind schedule, as the project schedules are often unrealistically optimistic in order to please conservative risk averse executives. Excessive reliance on short
Term contractors to execute R&D / engineering work who understandably are not committed to long term project goals.
Pros
Good work life balance, pleasant work environment and campus
Cons
Difficult to get promoted, environment can be frustrating if you want to do cutting edge innovative engineering work
BD/Carefusion
Senior IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 5, 2018
BD/Carefusion was filled with rewarding challenges due to the fact it was comprised of two major companies merging together. The educational value of these great challenges were very fulfilling o my personal growth. I wouldn't say over all the company was without its flaws, but out of those flaws I learned a lot in a short amount of time.
Happy work life balance.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 4, 2018
Great place to work! The atmosphere, benefits and work are great. Love my co-workers and flexibility. The gym on site is so nice to have and I love the cafeteria as well.
Lack of good managers
Machinest Mate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2018
Lack of good managers, People with Hospital degrees in charge of the machine shop. Poor management skills and lack of work required to produce finished product.
Money Is What Care About
Master Planner Scheduler; (Current Employee) –  Nogales, SonoraOctober 30, 2018
If you are hitting the numbers, everything is golden, but if you aren't expect to spend a lot of your time talking about why. If you hit your numbers for a few years, they expect improvements until improvements cannot be made.
Overall good place with exception of pay, could be better or more competitive.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2018
Learned alot, most employees are professional. Some not so much thats where the drama comes in. Management doesn't always do what is needed or necessary.
horrible turn over rate
Senior Line Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTOctober 25, 2018
turn over rate is a joke can't keep operators cause the start pay is bad and the benefits are mediocre. the management doesn't see the talent and lets good people leave
Good company
Quality Director, Corporate Quality (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 24, 2018
Good company. good culture. growing very fast in the last 5 years with acquisition of 2 big companies resulting in triple the size of the company. People were impacted.
One of my best experience
ENGINEER, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT (R&D) (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJOctober 18, 2018
Loved working in BD. Would do it all ever again but bit differently. It now feels like a five-star treatment. The culture was amazing like haven't seen the same level of professionalism yet after many years of different work experiences.
Pros
Very structured organization
Cons
To large for new graduates. Did not have much exposures to different areas.
Productive and fun workplace.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 16, 2018
BD is an excellent company to work for. Friendly associates and management staff. Great incentives for employees and their families. Overall I reccomend Becton Dickinson to anyone looking for employment.
Pros
Great incentives for employees and their families
Cons
Paid bi-weekly instead of weekly
Es muy buena fabrica, con normas estrictas pero nada fuera de la realidad
Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 15, 2018
Es una fábrica muy buena para trabajar, excelente espacios de estacionamiento, casilleros, baños. La importancia de la seguridad es primordial y es la base en todos los departamentos.
Pros
Seguridad, proteccion, cafeteria, estacionamiento, casilleros, limpieza, buen trabajo, tiempo extra
Cons
Falta de comunicacion
Expect annual layoffs and working with entrenched employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2018
Expect annual layoffs every year in October. Working with entrenched employees who are trying to save their jobs by looking / acting important. Of course management could care less. Internal teams can not innovate when the top talent is leaving for better jobs. BD is currently run by MBAs with the Worldcom / Enron approach to acquisitions of other company's. Every year they buy a company and fire employees to make the balance sheet look good at the detriment of future growth of the company purchased.
Pros
60 plus hours a week
Cons
Taking on three additional roles because they laid off your team
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mannford, OKOctober 4, 2018
You are guided by supervisors but also left to make your own decisions and advancement. You work both independently and in teams as needed, typically not overwhelming. There are times things are rushed, but every company will have this, and here it is handled well. I don't even get a whiff of micromanaging. OT is sometimes necessary, though never have I been in a position where I have to choose work over family. Definitely a dream job!
Pros
Flexibility with schedule, independent work, team work, appreciation, accountability, everything!
Cons
Bad apples here and there, but almost nothing.
BD not a bad place to work
Asst. Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 1, 2018
We the security team deal with the workers, and the public as well. We are the go between for the employees and upper management. We are also the first ones that they call when things go wrong. We are expected to know and do everything. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to help someone and they say thank you for what you have done. A lot of times we deal with a lot of negativity from the employees.
what you learned
Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PRSeptember 30, 2018
how good i can be with my job partners , the good team work we have at overall , excellent machines at the area and the supervisor coordination when something is complicated
Enriching and supportive place to work
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 21, 2018
The hours were somewhat flexible, but a presence between 8am - 5pm was most beneficial. A great deal of learning and enrichment opportunities existed for me to take advantage of for my professional development. Management was easy to work with and supportive of my job and contributions to the organization as a whole. Workplace culture was excellent - everyone was very amicable and supportive of one another. The hardest part of the job for me was to balance all was somewhat self-imposed: I wanted to know what was going on with all of my employees 24/7 as far as safety and health; balancing that with two very young children became a daunting task. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people: I worked with a great group of individuals.
Great facility and people
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJSeptember 18, 2018
I was a contractor and had NO benefits!
Great facility and professional staff.
Otherwise great company to work for!

Really 150 characters are you kidding me?
Pros
Great campus setting
Cons
Was a contract employee, so no job security or benefits
typical large/global company
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sparks, MDSeptember 12, 2018
There are 1000's of postilions at this company spread over many divisions that do not interact with each other. Everyone's experience will be different.
Pros
Happy with the management in my division
Cons
Long hours and travel for the field-based employees
Job Not Great, Supervisor Worse
System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sparks, MDSeptember 11, 2018
My job was very one dimensional and the opportunity to move through the company is limited. My supervisor was very strict which made the environment very tense.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Becton Dickinson & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

17%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss