Becton Dickinson & Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,492 reviews matching the search See all 1,980 reviews
nice job
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Broken Bow, NEMarch 21, 2019
it was a good job with stability. Enjoyed going to work. I met a lot of good people there and was a good step in the direction of my degree. Because of BD I decided to become an electrical mechanical tech.
Still Working through integration
Finance Manager/Controller/Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 21, 2019
Still working through integration between 3 compnies and will take time to establish one company culture. In the meantime, the work is challenging but fair.
Good company to work for.
AR Billing Representative III (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLMarch 20, 2019
Good management, good benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, paid time off. Will work with you for time off for doctor appointments.
Nice starting job
Supplier Quality Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Zelienople, PAMarch 19, 2019
This is my first job out of college and it honestly has taught me what type of company I don't want to work for. Most of my coworkers are so helpful and patient as I'm learning the job but the management is terrible and so many people are only contract employees. You'll be told that once you're contract is up that you can be hired on but all they do is extend it longer.
Ticked Off Employee
Management Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 14, 2019
If I could I would give a big fat flippn zero! Don’t get me started or we’ll be here for eternity! Fake bake bosses, annoyed co workers that don’t shut the flip up and just spew toxicity all over the place!!!!
Pros
By the beach
Cons
EVERYTHING!!!! Run for your life’s!!!!
very corporate
Freelance (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJMarch 13, 2019
Most people are nice, and its a normal atmosphere where its ok to work from home or take days off if necessary. the Senior Art Director of Art Department has no management experience. The overall process is not well organized.
Pros
sane hours
Cons
not much opportunity
The work culture is mixed.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJMarch 12, 2019
The people are good to work with. The organization is quite political and advancement is dependant on who you know and who likes you more than the quality of your work.
Pros
Interesting work. Good people to work with.
Cons
Highly political environment with a crisis driven environment.
Buen lugar
Fill and Pack Technician (Former Employee) –  Cayey Municipio, PRMarch 9, 2019
Buen lugar para trabajar, empleados muy atentos y dispuestos a dar in training correcto. El area de inspeccion y empaque necesita oportunidad de mejoramiento.
Pros
Lunch tranquilo
Cons
Area inspeccion y empaque no tiene mejoramiento continuo
Managers and Supervisors are set up to fail.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAMarch 6, 2019
BD does not provide much support for Managers and Supervisors. These positions are set up to fail because most departments are understaffed. Upper management does not seem to care because they continue to allow this to happen.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Cons
Understaffed Departments
Good
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sparks, MDMarch 6, 2019
We learned many skills. We did things right. We had to keep in mind of FDA since we work with patient care.. Travel almost everyday by car or by airplane. We make our on schedule.
Decent Company for New Grads
Manager (Former Employee) –  NJMarch 5, 2019
Good company for new grads or individuals with not a lot of experience. Benefits are decent if you haven't experienced anything else. They are a big company still trying to understand who they want to be.
My time at BD stunted my career growth
Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2019
This company is completely about the brand and has no appreciation for the people behind it.

You're looked at as a number at BD and if the whimsical leadership decides to change direction (often occurs) and you're not part of the plan, your simply thrown aside to make room for whatever the flavor of the month is.

The Leadership, particularly within the Global Customer Services branch is absolutely politically driven therefore causing a culture and environment of stifled innovation and or stolen ideas for political gain. This also fosters an environment of no upward mobility unless you one of the "In crowd".

I regret my entire time with BD (5 years) and consider it the worst move I've made in my career.
Pros
My co-workers that went through the ambiguous mess with me
Cons
Leadership
Material Handler I, II, Group Lead BDDS (Current Employee) –  Sparks, MDMarch 1, 2019
The culture found at the whole company of BD is very warm. We save lives every single day and they promote diversity with cultured events and fun activities. But, when you get to the plant level, there seems to be some issues with advancement, work life balance, pay, and even respect. The directors are making ALOT of money and their warehouse workers can barely survive. There needs to be a more even spread of pay. Without the warehouse no customers would get their products.
Pros
fun coworkers, free activities for employees and their families
Cons
low wages, poor management
Productive place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant/Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJMarch 1, 2019
Great workplace culture. Fair work environment and very enjoyable workplace. A lot of opportunities. I learned a lot working in that environment! Great advancement.
Pros
The people
CR Bard Peripheral Vascular
Peripheral Vascular Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2019
CR Bard Peripheral Vascular is a great company that provides solutions for patients with Peripheral Vascular conditions. The sales force is full of very talented people.
It's a big company
Staff Quality Engineer / Senior Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 25, 2019
It's a very large company with slow processes. Leadership is absent. On the other hand, I like many of y co-workers, and have seen a lot of people retire after working decades there. If you really care about your work, then it's not a good company for you. It takes a lot of patience and listening to multiple stakeholders to get through any process there.
Ambiente divertido y muy considerable
Ejecutivo Comercial (Former Employee) –  Las Piedras, PRFebruary 22, 2019
Es un proceso que tiene por objeto determinar en qué medida se han logrado los objetivos previamente...
Pros
Cossma
Cons
No ay descanso para coner
A great place if you favor flexibility above all else
Property Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2019
Your direct supervisors are the best people to learn from. The flexibility given is great for anyone with crazy schedules or kids. Our benefits are touted as some of the best but I think they are about average. Pay is below average. Upward mobility is limited but horizontal mobility is encouraged. Great place to learn as much as you can about a certain position and move on to the next one that interests you.
Pros
Flexibility and Horizontal Mobility
Cons
Pay and Culture
Perfect
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holdrege, NEFebruary 14, 2019
If you like fast paced, hard work, with yourself making good money, then this is the job for you. There's rigorous inspections and you're always running around doing something, but it pays good and keeps you busy
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Staff and management were great! They were constantly involved with our well-being and ensured the employees were treated properly, including any concerns that we may had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Becton Dickinson & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight