Becton Dickinson & Company Employee Reviews

Found 965 reviews matching the search See all 1,343 reviews
exciting
Senior Analyst Implementation (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92130January 21, 2019
I love it here there is always something new to learn and do. Always going somewhere, headed in different directions, little chaotic at times but that is what makes it interesting.
fun, but be careful who you trust
Packager/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Holdrege, NEJanuary 18, 2019
I actually enjoyed working for BD. sure the hours were a lot, but they were never more than 3 days in a row. the schedule worked out lime this: 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off, basically it was every other: lets say today is Friday, if you worked today you would have next Friday off, but the Friday after that you would have back on, and so on, and so on.

maybe I was just an easy target, but many "friends" were giving me conflicting instructions on what line I was supposed to be on. I had no clue where I was supposed to be.
Pros
friendy coworkers
Cons
misleading coworkers
Very good company, great benefits
FACILITIES COORDINATOR/PROCURMENT (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJJanuary 16, 2019
I loved BD, great pay, benefits and time off. They have a great work to life balance. I wish my dept. was not contracted out but I understand business.
Pros
Paid vacation medical, dental, vision and 401K
Cons
contracted out my dept.
Productive work place and community volunteer opportunities
Claims Representative/CareFusion Customer Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Great place for opportunities volunteering in the community. Great benefits. Work life balance and able to work with school schedule. Parking is sometimes difficult when coming back from lunch.
Good company to work for
Production Operator III (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJanuary 15, 2019
Liked everything about it has good food and a lot to learn many opportunities good training facility safe environment good people good pay serious about the people wants and needs around the work place
Pros
Good Pay and people
Great place to work!
Quality Control Rework (Current Employee) –  Holdrege, NEJanuary 12, 2019
The culture at BD is very positive; company decisions are made with the mindset of what is going to make our products the very best for customers, environment, and future.

My coworkers are awesome! There will always be a few sour apples no matter where you go, but the vast majority of people throughout the plant are caring and compassionate people.
Pros
Great pay, paid time off (for full time positions), no college degree needed for majority of positions, pretty good benifits (for full-time employees), cafiteria on site, and many opportunities to advance your career.
Cons
Vast amount of jobs are 12 hour shifts, no fresh meals provided during nightshift, majority of positions are constant standing, etc.
fun till it was not
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 9, 2019
i was moved to fast paced automatic machine that required thousands of pieces hourly. i learned quickly and was to produce the minimum and sometimes set records to the production. until we had too much and they moved to another machine which sat me in an awkward position and hurt my back
Pros
opportunities to advance
Cons
uncomfortable working positions
BD hoping to improve culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2019
BD is a great place to work. Great people. Keeps you busy. Management style differs so pray you get a good manager.
Location is amazing in San Diego and New Jersey.
Great training opportunities.
Production Operator III/ machine operator (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDDecember 28, 2018
nice working environment,good hours, lot of over time, appreciation shown to workers, got the job done, shifts where amazing. if I could I would go back there.
Pros
pay and hours/ overtime
Cons
Temporary and No PTO
Great place to work!
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJDecember 26, 2018
I worked at Becton Dickinson as a college summer intern and loved it there! Even though it was only three months, the people, the place, and the culture were fantastic. Everyone was nice, management was easy to work with. This is a serious work place, but they make it so you feel at home while you're there, and they actually care about you as an employee.
Pros
Amazing cafeteria, beautiful headquarters.
Cons
None.

Want to know more about Becton Dickinson & Company?

Ask a question
Productive work place
Claims Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 25, 2018
I got a great manager which is always setting goals provided on the opinion of everyone on the team. We work numbers, so every day you need to meet at least a minimum but it is a reasonable goal. I enjoy working due that you can modify your schedule if needed for picking up kids at school or doctors appointments.
Pros
good culture
Cons
not all managers have the same idea or goal
The people make the work environment fun. The task required is not very difficult and is manageable for anyone 18+ (no prior experience is required).
PACKAGING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CADecember 17, 2018
The job is very repetitive and soon you may become bored of the orders assigned due to lack of variety. The job is very low stress which is very nice, but at the same time the environment is very fast paced to complete on average 6-8 orders a day. The people working make the job easier and manageable. You do get 2 paid breaks and a 30 minute lunch.
Pros
Easy work, low stress, simple tasks
Cons
Boring, fast paced, early shift start time
Great company
Inspector Machine Parts (Former Employee) –  Sparks Glencoe, MDDecember 15, 2018
Great company to work for, but they are many years behind inspection technology. They have a great cafeteria to purchase lunch and snacks at. A very large facility.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Overall great company to work for. Company culture is passive-aggressive.
Manager, Global Network Architecture (Former Employee) –  Franklin Lakes, NJDecember 15, 2018
Solid management.

Opportunities for growth and lateral movement. Must be sought out, not apparent.

Accepting to new ideas.

Acquisition based organization leads to some conflict, but typical in most organizations.
Pros
Good work life balance. Good compensation and benefits.
Cons
Passive - aggressive environment is frustrating at time.
Alaris infusion Clinical Educator/Sales Support
Clinical Education Specialist / Sales support (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2018
They will tell you 1-2 nights travel, It turns into 5-6 nights travel every week. They will tell you you have a certain geography and then it turns into your covering all US without any additional compensation. Besides doing Education you will end up doing a lot of the project managers work?? Dont think about questioning any policies because the retaliation from the managers is brutal ( They are worried info will get passed onto their bosses) . Your name will then be spoken amongst all the managers t/o the US and you will be known as a trouble maker. They find ways and reasons to NOT give you an Annual salary increase and or any bonus. If you happen to up sell on any account for any additional modules, Forget it... you dont get a PENNY but who does... the salesperson thats not even their anymore. Work your butt off, travel your butt off, do your work and the PM's work. If you have a family or grand kids... forget about them... you wont see them anymore. I have actually witnessed a manager speaking with a potential new hire stating travel is only 1-2 nights per week LIES LIES LIES!! Just be honest with people.. you eventually find out the truth and then your stuck in the job because then it looks like your job hopping. They get their claws in you and then make you suffer with unappreciated and tireless travel and work, When you get back to your hotel after your done working at the hospital all day or evening and also night shift...OH NO you don't, your not relaxing or sleeping after a hard day at the hospital 8-10 hrs,( Standing the whole time educating ) Its now time to  more... do project manager work on upcoming cases.( Why that becomes my job is beyond me) Thats right computer work and phone calls for at least 2 hours each night. Project managers will travel to the sites that are convenient for them. Just completely frustrating...JOB ADVANCEMENT..... NO NO NO! I had seen good people who new their jobs very well and would not get promoted after working 8 years and even with that they had to JUMP through hoops and do a GREAT deal of EXTRA work ( not getting paid for) to just prove worthiness.( Give me a break) working at least 50 hrs per week PLUS travel via airplane t/o the US all while your getting paid for 40 hrs. UPPER UPPER management swimming in money while we are doing all the work. So glad I spent time and money on getting my masters so I can be treated like dirt.Thanks for remembering us.. NOT!  less
Pros
benefits decent
Cons
Management, lazy project managers, long hrs, EXTENSIVE travel
Lab scientist
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sparks, MDDecember 7, 2018
Worst job I have ever worked.
Did not get pain for the amount of money I thought I was supposed to get
Good benefits
Expected people to work unreasonable hours
Fired me when I was pregnant
Decent place, depends on if you're hired in or not
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Franklin, WIDecember 5, 2018
Its not bad here. If you are a contract worker they will really give you the shaft but if you can get hired in then you will be taken care of really good.
Decent place
Setup Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Holdrege, NEDecember 5, 2018
Like the schedule . Decent pay. Lots of turnover. 12 hour rotation schedule. Large factory. Good benfits. Management sucks. Overall ok job. 40 hours a week
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Weekends
Mindful and process driven workplace with great people
Sr. Clinical Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 4, 2018
Great products and people to work with. Independently lead your customers through education and workflows designed for a safer environment. Freedom in your day.
Bad hiring practices
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCDecember 3, 2018
Undervalued and underrecognized good employees and their achievements. Pandering to the slow kids in an overly politically correct culture of 'diversity'... Departmental arrogance is abound.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Becton Dickinson & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

17%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss