BECU Employee Reviews

BECU is a relaxed agile atmosphere
Senior Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAOctober 11, 2018
It often times felt like a 4-day work week, with majority of the staff being out on Fridays and many others working from home both Monday and Friday. The work/life balance was solid, but it often times led to work being difficult to get done.
backbiting horrible place to work if you are a minority
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAOctober 10, 2018
BECU was the worst place I have ever worked. The workplace culture was geared toward friends and family and anyone or culture outside of that was not welcomed.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good place
Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 16, 2018
BECU is a pretty good place to work. They honestly do look after their employees and members. Not Greedy like most banks........................................
awesome place to work.
Event Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAAugust 15, 2018
BECU was a great job! I loved working there. the cultural was phenomenal. I would definitely work there again. They offer coaching to help you follow your career path, and focus on your goals.
Pros
coaching
Cons
nothing
Review
N/A (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAAugust 14, 2018
Very good benefits and work/life balance. Chances for upwards mobility dependent on role. Growth pushed ahead of necessary infrastructure and support.
Stuck in 1982
Member Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 2, 2018
The company is very dated. Most of the equipment and software is out of date. Very hard to do your job. It's not very diverse and promotion is very very slow.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of training for dinosaur management
Its a good environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSULANT (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 24, 2018
All in all its a good job. Its has decent pay and friendly workers. The supervisors are all about helping you succeed down a career path with BECU. They also help to pay for schooling to assure that you make it up the corporate ladder.
Good Workplace
Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 22, 2018
All around good workplace. Good benefits, culture, co-workers, and pay with this credit union. Good focus on community and doing what's right for the members.
Great company to work for
Credit Risk Analyst/Mortgage Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 12, 2018
I only left due to moving and my commute was too long.
The workload is heavy, however. Balancing work and time with family is a challenge. Breaks are encouraged, but there is a culture of rewarding the highest numbers or whomever is willing to work overtime. Sometimes OT is mandatory, or pressure is put on you to work OT/nights/weekends and you are looked down on if you don't want to work OT.
Pros
Career advancement, training
Fun, fast paced environment
Processor (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJune 5, 2018
Great company to work for, I was on contract and am looking for something long term in traditional mortgages. This position was home equity lending and I needed to get back to the challenge of underwriting in DU/LP conventional mortgage lending.

This job was perfect for me while I was going through school. I will always have great things to say about this company.
Decent
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 31, 2018
BECU is a decent company to work for but it's hard to grow in. They try and make sure you have meaning with what you do and the impact we have on our members but it just falls short. Compensation is sub-par and they prefer hiring outside for promotions. They just had an All Staff meeting a few weeks ago and they were excited to announce that "over 40% of our promotions were internal." That number should be close to 70% with us being such a small company.
Pros
Work-Life is great, I have a good manager
Cons
Job growth, compensation and it's rare you get that sense of worth
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 6, 2018
Love the people I work with. There are always steps to moving up and into different positions. You are truly listened to and valued and ways to always improve and shown your accomplishments.
Boeing Mortgage Department
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 16, 2018
This department had more people overworked, getting diseases from stress, management played with teams and competition against each other. Cold working environment. Low pay for the hours and work dedicated by employees.
Great company with great benefits
Teller/Financial Service Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMarch 2, 2018
Easy job overall, management could use a little work. Hard to advance into a new job despite the encouragement to apply. Do our best to work as a team but most of the time management is never on the same page.
Long days
Member Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 22, 2018
My average work day is 9 hours long with a 45 min lunch. If you are commuting plan to spend 11 hours away from home and family. It is very hard to balance family life with long days here.
Pros
Management, Training, Bonuses, environment
Cons
Hours, location
Review
Indirect Lending Gatekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAFebruary 17, 2018
They are a solid company. They have really great benefits and they have great bonuses and incentives. Depending on the department , you can work from home.
Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAFebruary 16, 2018
Everyone is super friendly and always willing to help one another. There is so much opportunity for growth and the benefits are amazing! I loved every second of it and I miss it.
Becu
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Burien, WAJanuary 23, 2018
Everything is great about working for BECU. The benefits, management & the people i work with are all so awesome. We get paid time off, Holidays off with pay. Theres nothing to complain about.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 14, 2018
BECU provides a very competitive and fast past environment. Once you understand the culture you can effectively navigate. They work hard and eat a lot...lots of eating, potlucks for birthdays, etc.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Politics
A fledgling mortgage program that cares about becoming the best in the Northwest
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 4, 2018
BECU is a great place to work. The compensation is solid and the management really cares about you as a person. I would definitely recommend anyone that is interested.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BECU. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at BECU.

Powered by Comparably