Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

This job was.. okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 23, 2018
I worked here part time for over a year, and loved all the coworkers that came and went during that time. However, I saw people who fully deserved a promotion get side-lined over brand new hires, and the management was stuck so far up their own butts I couldn't believe it. But I guess that's the same where ever you go.
The employee discount is a JOKE (i.e. a customer with a coupon would save the same amount of money).
The job is fun if you like home decor, and you do get a little bit of creative freedom with some of the projects which is nice.
Overall I would probably work here again if I was desperate.
Pros
the people who work here
Cons
1/2 hour lunch breaks, condescending supervisors
Good workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMay 23, 2018
Overall the job is pretty easy and the management is easy going and willing to compromise with your schedules and any conflicts that may arise. There were a few hiccups but nothing that was not able to be solved.
Bbb
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Northport, NYMay 23, 2018
Great work environment, it gets you out of you shell because you have to interact with people and help them find a product or try and sell a product to the customer.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Need to work on where things are on the top shelves
Good place
Melissa Matney, Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VA 22150May 23, 2018
Its always busy and there is a lot of customers with various need. e meeting people.Working at the cash register you meet so many people and it is always nie.

Multinational colleagues and very friendly and always helpful.
Could have been better
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 23, 2018
I was thrown into the job with very little training during holiday season. I had to learn the job in a hurry with little to no help. They had unreal expectations for someone who was not trained well. Even though I was able to keep up the fast pace and learn things on my own, it was not enough for ether of us.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
training was bad
Busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYMay 22, 2018
Very nice environment but not for me. People are kind and my hours were very flexible. I only worked there for 4 months and value the experience it gave me.
Daily Routine At Work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 21, 2018
A typical day at work: customer service, cashier, returns, recover on the floor, replenishment/freight, back stock, merchandising, displays, signage, markdowns.

I enjoy learning product knowledge and working with my coworkers.

Hardest part is being pulled different directions but just have to take a minute and break it down.
Pros
coworkers, location, learning, customer service
Cons
mentally draining, customers, freight
Productive and Great place to work
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, NYMay 21, 2018
A typical day is the routine to follow
I learn on how to multi task and to go beyond for customers
Management is absolutely great to work with
Their culture on how everyone must know how to use the registers
Every moment i was there i enjoy it, of course some associates behavior that you must deal with which is normal
Pros
The learning experiance
Cons
can't think of any
Too many managers stirring the pot.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 21, 2018
Customers are a nice aspect of working here. Mainly nice older women who love to chat. The general manager is good at handling conflict, but the women managers are so prideful it ruins what could be a friendly atmosphere. They step on each other's toes and push their way around everywhere like lions in a den.

You are constantly being watched and attacked as if their whole life depended on it. They do not accept that all people make mistakes. And they don't treat you well when you do.

Many managers there are in great need of training in communication skills. They butt in and take over every interraction with customers as if you are not even there. Horrible!
Pros
Days you want to work are fairly flexible, Things go smoothly whenever managers have better things to do than take your control away.
Cons
No breaks, competitive female managers, never get any compliments or rewards for a job well done.
Wack place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 21, 2018
Wouldn’t go back , wouldn’t recommend to anyone not even if it’s your first job rather work somewhere else they don’t really care about the hours they give you
Great place to work / I would like to return there
Cashier/Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 21, 2018
This was an excellent experience for me. The managers were great, I liked working with the customers and co-workers. The hours were enough for me and the collaborative effort was beneficial.
Retail is retail
Customer Service Associate (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 21, 2018
Typical day at work involved stocking in the morning, making sure everything is "customer ready". Some times you will work on the floor, sometimes you will work at the front (cashier), and sometimes you will work in receiving (My favorite). The customers can be very rude there, the higher managers can be rough and the benefits are terrible.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
short breaks, bad benefits
Bed bath and beyond
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMay 21, 2018
It's a wonderful job great work welcome you in like a family wouldn't trade them for anything in the world great people to work with and build a friendship
Friendly
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 21, 2018
Everyone is super and kind, although the customers sometimes are grumpy, but the employees are ready to go the extra miles and make your experience memorable.
Busy
eService Training Administrator (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTMay 20, 2018
Constant movement and communication with trainers, managers, and corporate. Main focus of this position is the new hires and onboarding of all systems and providing the hardware for the trainees as well as the floor.
Fun place to work but is a lot of work
Receiving/Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 20, 2018
Our store always ran with a skeleton crew, so there's always a lot to do with little time but management is great and its a nice environment to be in.
Pros
work culture, life/job balance, managment
Cons
hard to move up, too much work for too few people, constantly cutting hours
Fun but low pay
Sales Associate/Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Golden, COMay 20, 2018
My experience with working here has been a positive one. Management is great and they really care about their employees. The only negative is that pay is not enough to live by.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
fun
Sales associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nesconset, NYMay 20, 2018
Productive job that always keeps you on your feet and employee always needs a positive attitude. Customers are always right and you must accommodate what they need.
Pros
co workers are really nice
Cons
short break
Complicated
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 19, 2018
When there were no customers then all you can do is organize your register. You can never leave your register. You will get punished if you help the customer too much, such as helping the customer to their car when they have multiple carts or too many bags.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Hard to impress
Different times
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  NJMay 19, 2018
All long time managers with a high salary are getting the boot disguised one way or the other. It's a great company, but it is reinventing itself with lower paid personnel to promote their services oriented business that cannot compete with the delivery and strength of Amazon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

2.3

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight