Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 4,829 reviews matching the search See all 5,037 reviews
very productive an customer interaction
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 19, 2018
I liked the staff working for bed bath an beyond . the daily work wasn't bad at all as long as you were working an getting the task done for the day. I would recommend this job to associates of mine
Pros
nice staff
Cons
Na
Hectic but Easy
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 19, 2018
It's a good job for someone is looking for part time. The hardest part of the job is managing yourself when dealing with coworkers and customers. Overall it is a great work environment but part-timers basically get nothing in terms of benefits. Not even better pay during holiday shifts.
Pros
Easy, Flexible
Cons
Hectic, Benefits
Never again
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WANovember 19, 2018
This was easily one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Part of that may be the particular store, but regardless it was horrific. Very biased promotions, so much drama it felt like middle school, and the majority of my managers were a joke. Every Male I worked with was Very unfairly accused of some sort of harassment, in an attempt to make management strictly female (I Am a female) and several of those men chose retirement over dealing with the drama and accusations because it was always their word over a female coworker. I was always made to feel inferior any time I asked a question. I recieved Bare Minimum training and was never given the opportunity to move forward in my career; I was strictly a cashier for over a year. I would not recommend working at that place even if I were Paid to.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, unrealistic sales expectations
Very Fun
Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 19, 2018
Working st bbb was very frustrating and stressful and enjoyable at the same time the lack of employees made it more stressful but other than that I enjoyed it .
Pros
Fun Work
Cons
Not enough employees
A great place to start to learn ow to work in a quick paced environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLNovember 19, 2018
BBAB was my first job. I was at first put on the registers to work out common transactions. that was fairly easy but I kept doing all I can to exceed the common expectations the managers had, and after about two weeks I was moved up to customer service were I stay for the rest of my time at BBAB.
Pros
20% off everything or employee purchases
Cons
No breaks for the people working on the registers
Never a dull moment
Management (Former Employee) –  IdahoNovember 19, 2018
The store operates on limited hours. You are expected to do everything from scrubbing toilets to detailed product knowledge to creating a talented workforce. The people are great, customers rule and have great expectations, there is little life/work balance. There is never enough time in the day and you constantly have to prioritize, often eating into your own time.
Pros
Co-workers, always something to do, can bring in products you believe in, .
Cons
work/life balance, company moving in unstable direction, customers take advantage of return policy
My experience at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
Cashier/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2018
Working at Bed Bath and Beyond was an exceptional experience. The management team was awesome and there was a great team of associates. Trainings are always well informing and thorough.
Pros
The employee discounts and deals are awesome.
a typical day at work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTNovember 19, 2018
Greeted customers, cashiered, processed returns, helped with bridal registry and gift wrapping, stocked and clean counter area. Answered phones, paged and answered questions and gave directions. Cleaned and stocked the front bathrooms.
Pros
Fun gadgets and Christmas time.
Cons
No benefits and hours ranged from 15 one week to 45 the next, not stable.
If there were only a way to give negative stars
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 17, 2018
Worst place I've ever worked. The District manager always dressed like a bum and was probably the worst I've ever encountered in my 20 plus retail career. Work-life balance was terrible and they treat you like garbage. My co-workers were the only saving grace.
Pros
discount
Cons
terrible upper management, terrible culture
Hostile Work Enviornment
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNNovember 17, 2018
below average paid positions, management encouraged and participated in work place bullying, employees where regularly discriminated against and when complained about employees were shortly there after terminated.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hostile work environment
Great work environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 17, 2018
I love this job, it’s a great work environment and all the managers are amazing. They are pretty good and giving people the time off they request. Favorite job I’ve had by far
It wasnt that bad
Logistic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 16, 2018
essentially oversees the shipping and delivery of materials and warehouse personnel. They mainly work in warehouse settings and for retailers and wholesalers and are involved in managing the loading of trucks, setting up delivery routes and unloading of material.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor management
Stressful but good work place
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Chesterfield, VANovember 16, 2018
Every shift I had started with running the cash register then once we had a slow time in the day I straightened up shelf’s and then before I left for the evening I swept and cleaned the bathrooms
Pros
Great people I worked with
Cons
Short breaks and not enough breaks
Competitive Customer Driven
Stock Associate and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLNovember 15, 2018
Typical day consisted of showing up to unstock trucks in receiving stock room or assisting customers on the floor. Despite the strenuous hours some are required to work, fellow employees seem to always be upbeat.
Pros
Friendly customers and coworkers
terrible job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYNovember 15, 2018
I was a sales associate for a little less than a year. I worked in the Harmon's area (that's the beauty/health department), my coworkers were fine and easy to get along with, all the managers were terrible and rude though. customers can be really awful, but that comes with the job I guess. almost everybody who works there ends up quitting. not much room to move up in the company. they're always hiring because nobody wants to work here.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
rude managers, rude customers
Good pay during holidays
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 15, 2018
On a daily basis, many items had to be restocked and/or found homes for. Many customers coming in everyday. Have to wear comfortable shoes since you are on your feet all day long. Employees for the most part, helped each other out.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Not enough help
Depended on how you fit in
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  , FLNovember 15, 2018
Overall good company, very competitive salary at the time, however Management was very clique and if you found yourself on the outside there was no returning, they did treat there externally brought in employees better then their part time help for sure.
Pros
competative pay decent benifits
Cons
did you click with management or not more than results based advancement
fast pace job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 15, 2018
BBB would be a good job for a person looking to advance in the retail business although low paying could be good in learning communication and customer service skills
Pros
advancements
Cons
short breaks on feet all day
You're in the BBB army now
employee (Current Employee) –  NYNovember 15, 2018
Constant demoralization was the concerted effort around any type of district support visit. No recognition for excelling in results or creating business lifts with innovative ideas.
Great Job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 14, 2018
opportunities to move through out different areas of the store/company. Some benefits depending on position. Fast paced environment at times. largely a team environment.
Pros
benefits, discounted merchandise
Cons
employees spread too thin

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.6K
31.3K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight