Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 5,156 reviews matching the search See all 5,396 reviews
Great for High School Students
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMarch 19, 2019
A typical day at work was easy going. Unfortunately, once they've found an area they like to keep you in, you do not get to work in other areas of the store nor advance correctly. I was told I would go from cashier to on the floor, but instead they kept me in the Customer Service Area. This was fine for me! I loved working the customer service counter. If you're looking to work somewhere that doesn't get old, there's a possibility this would not be for you.

As for management, all the manages would collectively huddle to talk while other workers tried to get things done throughout the day. This happened quite frequently. Managers constantly talked disgracefully about customers; very unprofessional.
Pros
Discounts
Unrealistic Expectations
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMarch 19, 2019
While I worked at Bed Bath and Beyond I found that the management staff had unrealistic expectations for the sales staff. They would expect us to keep our side clean, put away stock and floor go backs, help customers, and be available to ring at a moment's notice. I found it hard to properly do my job while trying to get all my tasks done.
Operations Expert/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 19, 2019
It's a great place to work with great people, just don't expect to get paid very much unless you plan to move up the corporate ladder, which if motivated, is very doable.
Pros
Great people and working environment
Cons
Pay
Computer knowledge and straighten stuff and pull it forward
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Bell and 79th aveMarch 18, 2019
Having computer knowledge and straightening stuff and pulling things to the front and walk the isles and help customers who need help and guide the customer in the right direction
Company has ZERO loyalty to its associates
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZMarch 18, 2019
Company LIES about severance and that store is or is not closing. Finally we were told the store was closing and they offered no relocation or positions to any of us with the exception of the store manager
Great Place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLMarch 18, 2019
Great place to work.Management team always there to help out when needed. flexible hours and paid lunch.Always see the sale items first .Great layaway plan for the employees.
Low pay; no room for advancement; fun
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHMarch 18, 2019
Excellent CSR training, good sales training, hire felons, no background check, no real room to advance, low pay, no benefits, strange training anagrams.
Pros
Great CSR training
Cons
No real discount; same as customer discount
Good job for school
Associate (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 18, 2019
This job is a decent one to have while in school. The schedule is flexible for hard working employees.Most of the managers are easy to work with and are very understanding.
Overall not a bad place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILMarch 17, 2019
Nothing really to complain about but also nothing to praise decent job all around. Just go in do your job and you shouldn't have too much of a problem.
Good when you have the right people in place.
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 16, 2019
It’s not a bad place to work. There needs to be better communication with management members and more upfront and direct feedback. With the right people in the right positions it can be an excellent place to work.
Slow Dying Retailer
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOMarch 16, 2019
Great employer before being traded publicly, then became the next over bloated corporation. Bad leadership and decisions that fell behind the times and kept it from being what it had promised to be.
Customers make his job fun
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXMarch 15, 2019
I was lucky to have great managers who mentored me by the overall conditions of work are not the best. Pay is different for most folks and hours vary.
Pros
Wide array of products and vary customer demographics
Cons
Pay relative to work required is Eqypt
No Opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMarch 15, 2019
Not a bad job if you are willing to work hard. You will always be busy when working here--work often includes lifting and carrying heavy item up ladders.
No opportunity for advancement or pay increases
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Bed Bath&beyond is a productive and clean place to work.
Bed Bath and Beyond (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMarch 15, 2019
It's fun to work here. People who work here are helpful and respectful. I feel the management is very helpful and interactive with the employees and customers. I don't feel that there were barriers between associates and management. Very flat level
Pros
u get 4 brakes, u get to win gifts and u gifted 500 Dollars
Cons
benefits, pay, management, short breaks
Not too shabby
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 15, 2019
I work in call center. There are 40 hours guaranteed every week if you're full time. The schedule is strict and you will be penalized if it isn't followed preciously.The pay is nice and quarterly bonuses are available. Discount is 20% off and they do offer employee incentives that are discounted massively. Friendly work environment from leadership and below.
Pros
money, discounts, friendly
Cons
Strict schedule. No work-life balance.
Fun place
Bridal Consultant/Inventory/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 14, 2019
It's fun to work here. People who work here are helpful and respectful. I feel the management is very helpful and interactive with the employees and customers. I dont feel that there were barriers between associates and management. Very flat level.
Unfair
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLMarch 14, 2019
in season relatively busy. while personally I have nothing against the management. it depends on their judgement whether or not you get advancement in the company. the hardest part of it is dealing with the disgusting customers who push their coupons, phones, cards and money in your face. the policies change almost every week. the most enjoyable part are my coworkers.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no company advancement
great place
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 14, 2019
vary friendly staff, great work schedule. supervisors are nice and reasonable its a great place to work . amazing professional working environment people that come in were vary impressed with people that work there.
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 13, 2019
I worked for Bed Bath and Beyond from 2005-2007. I enjoyed working with the company but needed to work closer to home. They are a great company though.
Pros
Management was caring
Cons
N/a
Some people were good to work with
Cashier/Floor Sales Associate/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 13, 2019
Not everyone was good to work with, sometimes management was lacking in all areas, praise was not given when should be. Over worked and underpaid but the people sometimes made it worth jt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.7K
31.4K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight