Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 4,425 reviews matching the search See all 4,613 reviews
It's just a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 16, 2018
Management is terrible. Too many people want to act like a manager and are NOT managers. The company policies allow customers to do whatever they want and because of that customers come into the store rude and belligerent.
Great Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PA 15146July 16, 2018
I have been at this specific location for over 4 years. This place definitely has its ups and downs when it comes to hours, management, and environment. But overall is a great company to work for!
Some Great Managers, Some Not So Great
Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 16, 2018
Bed, Bath and Beyond is in a state of flux. AS with many retailers their brick and mortar stores are in competition with Amazon. The retail industry is brutal. During slow times they cut your hours, over the holidays you can't work enough.

If you want to work in this area, realize that you will be working the weekends.

To give credit where credit is due, they do have some excellent managers. And, when it is really stressful, as in Black Friday, they did provide food in the store for the employees.

No paid time off for part time employees and employees must give written notice for any desired time off a minimum of 17-18 days prior to needed time off. It may or may not be approved.
Pros
The individuals working there were great
Cons
Retail is a killer business
I love my customers.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 16, 2018
I am a hard worker. I perform my job very well. I love leaving a smile on my customers faces and they always come back. I enjoy making people happy i have a warm heart.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks not enough pay
Good place to learn retail experience.
RECEIVING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Edgewater NJJuly 15, 2018
The store is very much up on the new items. The staff is very confident with their knowlege of the merchandise within the store. They have many bargains for college students for their dorms.
No full time or advancement potential
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYJuly 15, 2018
Hard work and dedication is not rewarded. Internal promotion or hiring for higher positions was unseen. Promised training that was never received. Only supervisory positions were hired from outside the company.
work v/s life management
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJuly 15, 2018
NO thought for life management very poor on work for value i.e.pay and time off is critical to success of any one working. If one works more than 60 hours a week even salary labor should receive correct compensation.
Work and have fun too
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 15, 2018
I most look forward to interacting with customers and creating a positive shopping experience. All of my coworkers get along and work as a team to make the most of our shift together.
On occasion we run into very trying customers and management gladly will take over the situation if it becomes escalated.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hours or pay
overall
Bulk Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAJuly 15, 2018
great work environment clean the training was great everyone nice and understanding I was able to learn various roles but moving around the plant there was really no hard work as long as u stayed steady
Pros
paid holiday
Cons
it was a 45 min conmmute
its ok
Hardside Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2018
Its alright. Its more of a wildcard when it comes to retail though unless we're talking the high end stores. Management was ok, they'd have their good and bad days i guess just like us. theres room for advancement but its not necessarily worth it unless you get lucky or you just love the job. the culture varies along with the people they hire, Which kinda manifests this question mark in the atmosphere.(And also i live in new york city, so culture wise almost ever retailer is like this)
its not good, its not bad. its ok....
Great if your just getting into retail though, this would be a great start.
Pros
Paid time off, Hour Breaks, decent environment and pay
Cons
Hour breaks are unpaid and usually unnecessary
Productive and fun work place
Retail Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 13, 2018
This company is a great place to start at if you are just starting off in college or a senior in high school. If working retail is what you want to do this is also a good place to come to. Although I do not like that they do annual raises cause you grow and learn more in 6 months and I believe that should be something they change. They have a good discount fro employees but if they would change it that would be a plus. Hardest part of the job for me is when a customer gives you attitude about something you have no control over and then they get mad at me for no reason and all I can do is smile and say I'm sorry. But there are a few customers who make the experience enjoyable like they say you are doing an awesome job after someone has just insulted you or when they understand that sometimes stores get busy and they might have to stand in line for a few minutes.
Nice starting job
SALES ASSOCIATE / HARDSIDE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 13, 2018
It's alright if you want to get a feel for customer service and sales. The job can be overly difficult at times for what its worth but its not a career. It is another stepping stone job is all.
Busy productive company that attempts to be a resource or all products
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 13, 2018
Working at BB& B can be difficult depend on the flow of business ad numbers of employees on hand, Obtaining help from the floor depends on availability of associates one to be in position and length of time it takes to respond. Making completion of orders longer and stressful for customer and cashier. This location of the store has a strong New York influence and can make customer handling more of a challenge. The hardest part of the job is the inability to prevent long waits in line causing more stress to the customers and resulting in extra conflict with the customer. Management takes measure to pull people from other ares of the store but that further prevents coordination with store associates. I enjoy contact with customers and in our store you meet all kinds of people, Yes it can be stressful but you have to deal with that a lot in life.
Pros
Cons
Allowed if necessary
Typical Corporate Basement Job
Head of Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 13, 2018
If you're hired for part-time (which you most likely would) you will stay there. I consistently asked my management for more hours only to be rejected for 8 months. And a $0 raise after my promotion on top of it.
Pros
Cons
No Growth
Typical Retail Job, But Less Money Than Most
Associate (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 12, 2018
Bed Bath and Beyond is a typical retail job, but pays less than most. The average in this area is $10/ hour to start, but here they start most people at $8.
Pros
Worked around my schedule
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILJuly 12, 2018
Nice place to work. Great co-workers. They have very competent managers and flexible schedule. Unfortunately no real area for improvement or advancement.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 12, 2018
The store I was at didn’t offer advancements regardless of how long you had worked there, it was more of a “you gotta know a guy” to move up. Some parts of management were not good at all. Other than that great company!
Pros
Store manager and coworkers were great!
Cons
Only one 30 minute break all day. Parts of management were bad
Most BB&Bs are good places to work, I just think that some of the full time people have been in the same store and same position for too long.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJuly 11, 2018
Better training and retraining for employees that have been with a company for many years. Continuously try to improve the work environment, spring for refreshments once in awhile, $5 gift cards for an employee that does something exceptional, ok just a thank you once in awhile.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Requesting time off, creative scheduling
Bbb
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJuly 11, 2018
Very great place for a first job.
Loved my coworkers. Enjoyed my job that I did everyday, and looked forward to going into work.
Very flexible with time off, and moving my schedule around if needed.
Pros
People I met.
Cons
pay, advancement
Stressful and requires lots of patience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJuly 11, 2018
You are dealing with customers all the time and have to balance between the projects you are given and being constantly interrupted. The environment is very quick paced and demanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.5K
31.2K

Diversity score

56out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Powered by Comparably