Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 4,533 reviews matching the search See all 4,726 reviews
Very Competitive
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTAugust 15, 2018
Overall it paid the bills and I enjoyed my co-workers and managers. Corporate was hard to please and it felt as if nothing was ever good enough. The atmosphere was almost enjoyable, most co-workers I enjoyed working with. Out of the 5 years I worked here it was VERY hard to move up in the company and "prove your worth".
Good company in general
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisia aAugust 15, 2018
Worked there 11 years. Worked my way up from part time employee to store manager. The pay is better than most, however due to soft sales, management tiers we reconfigured and 900 dept.managers and keyholders were laid off. Still would recommend as an employer.
Pros
Promotes from within
Cons
Not enough staffing for workload
loved my job no b ed away
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 15, 2018
Poor management. Great job poor hiring practices blah blah. Didn't like the hiring practices not a great work environment. Shorted pay check. Changed hours.
Pros
Cons
second chance hired phellons
The job is ok
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 14, 2018
This a good job for a college student or someone just needing a little money. Starting pay varies from employee to employee. Store manager is not a good fit for his job title. He has a tendency of letting one person get away with stuff but not another person. He shows a massive amount of favoritism.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Productive warehouse I was happy to go to work there
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAAugust 14, 2018
Typical day started with stretching. Filled with different positions that needed seasonal help.
How to operate different machines and electronic equipment.
I didnt really know management
Team environment
Concrete floors are the hardest
Always something to do and learn
Solid company
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 14, 2018
This company was interesting because they recruit most of their management rather than train internally. It was a nice experience to be exposed to managers from other companies.
Fast Pace
FRONT-END SUPERVISOR & CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MD 20874August 14, 2018
Maintain and organize store inventory levels, and stocked sales floor; Enthusiastically interact with and assist customers with their product inquiries and purchases; Have vast product knowledge to assist customers with their inquiries and purchase; Professionally interact with store managers and other sales associates; Conduct sales transactions, and assist with front end responsibilities, including, but not limited to, opening and closing of registers.
Fun work environment with great bonus program for representatives
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLAugust 13, 2018
Fun work environment with great bonus program for representatives. Wouldn't change nothing at all. Schedules become flexible after the 90 day period. Once you have cleared 90 days, let the fun begin.
Great Co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 12, 2018
I loved my coworkers, the customers weren't usually very mean or angry, if you followed the rules and did your job you were just fine. All of my coworkers were friendly and supportive. The hardest part of the job was doing tones of stocking and zoning which got tedious. The managers were like every other bunch of managers, some were a pain sometimes, other times they were your best friend.
Pros
my coworkers
Cons
it's boring sometimes
Was hired for one job but they tried to force me to work in another dept
Picker (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GaAugust 12, 2018
Was hired as a picker. Orientation had nothing to do with job. Went in to work job and they tried to force me to work in another department doing a job I detest. They said it would only be for a couple of days. I told them I couldn't handle this particular job AT ALL and asked if there was anything else I could do. They said no because I was not in the system and there was no trainer where I was hired to work. I told them to call me when they got me in the system. So I am probably out of a job, but why the heck bring me in when I'm not in the system? Ridiculous. I will do almost any other job in that plant except for what they tried to force me to do. I ABSOLUTELY hated where they wanted to put me and why waste someone's time to train me on something that I'm not even going to be doing? Ridiculous and unacceptable
Pros
Discounts?
Cons
Management and HR need to coordinate.
Tis' The Season
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 12, 2018
I enjoyed the learning process at BB&B. You go through Bed Bath & Beyond University, where you take classes on different products and how to sell them.
Pros
discount
Cons
management
Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJAugust 11, 2018
As this being my first job and my first to face reality it was a great experience. I began as a floor associate positioning to a customer service representative due to my outstanding leadership skills. Being in customer service it taught me how to be professional.
Pros
Great environment
Education place to work in
Customer Service Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 11, 2018
BBB has a great training program in place, with opportunities to grow and move up in the company. Its customer service policy makes it so that every associate is empowered to help customers.
Pros
Great training program, Discounts
Cons
Pay wasnt high enough to be able to live comfortable in my area.
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2018
It’s a good job but I would recommend this job for someone who’s OLDER not really a teen job even though I worked here during high school. Managers are not the best.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managers
Typical Retail
Senior Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILAugust 10, 2018
I was intrigued by the fact that I would be responsible for ordering and setting my own merchandise. Unfortunately, it turned out I had no assistance in doing so.
Es una empresa con muchos beneficios y oportunidades de empleo son muy amables con sus trabajadores.
Departamento de recivin (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 10, 2018
Para mi es una gran empresa de mucho futuro para el trabajador. Los manager son muy comprensivos dan reconocimientos para las personas muy trabajadora. Fue un placer trabajar para esta compañia.
Pros
Seguro medico
Cons
Ninguna
Overall not a bad place to work
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 10, 2018
Bed Bath and Beyond is actually a fun place to work. I have learned a lot about all the products that they provide, as they have quite extensive training. The only draw back of Bed Bath and Beyond is the limited chance for advancement.
Pros
Pay is excellent
Cons
No chance for advancement
Great Part time
Retail Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 9, 2018
Great part time to have. My coworkers are great people. We also have regular customers that like to come and talk to us every occassion they can. The work is not difficult.
Company does not care fore their employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 9, 2018
This used to be a fun place to work but within the last few years it turned into a chaotic work environment. I will say there is room for advancement but it's at your own risk. There isn't much training, you are expected to learn on your own. If you do ask for help you are ignored and the looked down on. Management as well as district management need training in people skills. This company focuses more on customers than their own employees. Customers know they can get away with anything so alot treat employees like garbage and management will not stick up for employees at all. Internal problems are ignored by upper management and you are expected to just look the other way at times. Policies change without any communication or compromise. The more you "complain" the worse you are treated no matter how good of any employee you are.
Pros
Some flexibility, benefits
Cons
No training, no communication, bad management, no loyalty to employees
Typical Retail Environment
District Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 9, 2018
This was a very good company to work for initially. They developed talented people and grew rapidly. The retail environment changed and they fell behind. Now they seem to be searching for how to survive in todays retail environment.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
No growth and lack of opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.5K
31.3K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight