Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

United States7,509 reviews

Found 7,509 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,910 reviews
bbbstoreretailcustomcustomerbridalassociateregistry

Stressful place to work if your full time

Because of the decline in retail, hours are being cut, staff is being cut. For those that are there, work is doubled. You only get a raise once a year, and its like 20 cents. I would recommend it as a part time, but not a good fit for anyone that wants to advance in the company, its almost impossible.

A lot to maintain and discouraging.

I’m compensated fairly well, so I have no issues with pay. But management are basically high paid associates. They have cut hours so much that we burn out daily due to everything that must be done. Get new shipment on the floor, cover the department, back up at registers, pull store pick up orders, conducts hours of price changes daily, all while refilling the sales floor, maintaining standards, and most importantly helping customers because the stores are newly remodeled and no one knows where anything is. A quick fix would be to increase sales; however we’ve increased pricing, change our coupon system, and discontinued numerous fan favorite brands and products. It’s discouraging.

Bed Bath & Beyond insights

Based on 3,697 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Era un trabajo muy divertido y me gustaba mucho ya había aprendido muchas cosas nuevas

Trabajar en BBY me enseño y aprendí mucho y agarra mucha experiencia

Terrible Place to work

I worked at a newly remodeled store for a little over two years and it was good at first but then they wanted more from me than what i got paid for. Unless you want to work every position and only get paid minimum wage I would suggest applying elsewhere. During my time I was promised by management to be promoted and they ended up promoting people newer than myself. They went from giving me 30 hours a week to 12 hours and then complaining and making my last two weeks there absolutely horrendous when they found out about me getting another job because I couldn’t live off of 12 hours a week.

Cons

Short Breaks, Terrible Management, Terrible discount

I hated working there the managers don’t care about you and they are horrible. It was a waste of time and i really felt like they aren’t looking out for you

Not the best place to work at unless you’re good under pressure and are wanting to be treated fairly only working part time

• They aren’t as flexible with work schedules unless you put in time off like a month ahead of time and tell them about it. • If you’re just starting and you have a completely open schedule, prepare to get most, if not all of the night shifts that nobody wants. • Expect to be up front being a cashier for basically your first week of working there. • They are always understaffed on most days of the week after 4 or 5 pm. • Price changes is one of the worst and most boring things you could ever do for your entire shift.• The full time people and some part time there are mostly all nice and friendly. Except the creepy old guy that works in the back. Steer clear of him at all costs. Trust me.

Pros

15 minute break or 30 minute meal, managers are mostly friendly unless you get on their bad side, coworkers are friendly for the most part

Cons

You might be forced to stay up at customer service if you work a closing shift, some employees are self entitled and selfish

Don’t apply

They will entice you with 24-32 hours a week. Then cut your weekly hours to 5.5 hours a week. No health benefits offered, only 30 minute lunch breaks

Pros

20 percent off employees discount

Cons

No full time work, no health benefits

Not worth working at

With about a year and a half of working at bed bath and beyond in aventura.I have experienced the most stress I have had to deal with. I have a hard time accomplishing my tasks with only 4hours for one day a week.

Cons

Lies massive hour cuts

Terrible

Absolutely terrible. Don't waste your life with this company. Pay is garbage unless your grandfathered in on salary or hourly wage prior to the down fall of the company Mark Tritton

Disrespectful management and huge to no workloads

The WORST place that I ever had the displeasure of working at. The workplace is toxic, the management is even more toxic. The workload can be huge or little to none leaving you walking around doing nothing. Management left training new hires to "senior" associates but wants it a certain way, which makes no sense. I will NEVER recommend working here to ANYONE!

Pros

Discount

Cons

Toxic Management, low pay, huge or little to no workload

Fun

Make sure to engage with customers and problem solve as much as you can! Also be on time and get to know the best sellers in the store. Will help a lot when on the sales floor

It is an alright job

It isn't a job to pay the bills but they do have flexible scheduling and a chill environment. It can get quite boring when being on the front end! It is slow most times.

Work Work

overall okay, as sales associate its just long standing hours. on busy days can expect to spend most of your time at the register, when its slow there is some restocking and organizing to be done .

Not great

Lots expected of you for a low paying job. Not a lot of opportunity for growth here. Might be good for first time customer service role if you need that experience.

Store Closed

Typical day at work consists of freight distribution, slow periods with no customers, and management sitting in their office. The hardest part of the job is lack of direction. A lot of your day consists of trying a bunch of different ways to set up a display, just to be told that it is wrong (even though there were no instructions).

Fun

Great job good people sweet shift four days on 3 days off. Decent benefits and great pay. I love the people I work with . Paid vacation and sick days and personal days

Okay at first

At first the hours were good now there is no way to survive on the hours given. Won’t be surprised if bbby isn’t around for another ten years. Need the minimum

Nice place to work

Benefits are not great, if you get them at all. Management is usually fun and the customer is always taken care of. Will often be worked at full time hours under a part time status. Not a bad place to work.

Not awful/managment is questionable

not an awful job slow management is somewhat rough depending on the manager company quality has decreased tremendously and customers will be vocal with their opinions

Meh…

Good salary but company headed in the wrong direction. Not enough hours to provide the level of customer service that is expected. Well known brands have been out of stock for months! The future does not look good for this company

My experience

Got to work with some great people but the pay was terrible and the amount of work you have to do to get a decent pay check isn’t worth it. Loved working during the holidays though!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight