Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 4,654 reviews matching the search See all 4,854 reviews
Alright place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 25, 2018
Not enough hours, management was nice, coworkers were good, just no room to move up and reach potential. Would promise more hours but never got them. Did not like that.
customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 25, 2018
great place to work if you enjoy interacting with the public. I enjoyed working during the holiday good place to shop, the company is great and treats you well. Good employee discount and they allow you to use coupons along with your employee discount.
Pros
good part time job
Fast Paced
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTSeptember 24, 2018
It was a nice environment to start out in for a first job and an easy transferring process when I moved states. I was taught and trained to learn the required things and not pressured or expected to learn or know how to do everything about the job right away. It took about 7-8 months to get everything down when I first started working for the company.
Best retail place to work for
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 24, 2018
Store is well run, good retention of the employees, great management, clean and friendly place to work. Management listens for the employees desire to better themselves, therefore they provide good training in timely manor.
Pros
people who work there
Cons
hard to get full time position
Problems in management
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 23, 2018
Unfortunately the Asheville Bed Bath and Beyond had management issues and was not a very happy place to work after a few years and being passed up on promotions.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Slow Advancement
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 23, 2018
Work hard for very little and slow promotions. There wasn't much room for growth with the company. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep associates.
I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 22, 2018
When 2working at a job its good to have people around you that you like. I enjoyed the people around me. The managers were nice at times but when things weren't done right, they were upset.
Pros
Full time associates get better advantages than part time
Only work if you like being stabbed in the back
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GASeptember 22, 2018
During my time at Bed Bath & Beyond, I had to work twice as hard to make up for the slack that others would leave, causing my to almost work myself to exhaustion multiple times. There are also people constantly talking behind your back, even if they say they are your friends.
There are some managers that actually listen to all employees and don't play favorites.
Pros
Unable to think of any at the moment
Cons
Short breaks, lack of communication
Borring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
Boring, Depressing; the environment could be way better if management were also worried about they employees as much as they do for their customers.

Each day was different tasks but most of them were repetitive.
Its a fun place to work depending on the manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 20, 2018
Several management changes that the culture was always changing. Not a secure environment to work. I was hired part time and they would schedule me near full time hours so I didn't receive benefits.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No benefits offered for part time employees
This was my fun work.
Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2018
Work was fun, coworkers are great and still are. Managers were very friendly and easy to work with. Always in training for new and upcoming events. Had work huddles every day to talk about the good the bad and the ugly. It was all in fun and education.
Pros
Nice to work with happy people with happy faces.
Cons
It was hard to get a full time job with benefits @ BB&B.
Fast Paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 20, 2018
I liked that there were days that it was busy and time would go by fast. The only thing i didn't like was working late on weekends and school nights. I enjoyed helping customers. Management was nice
Relaxed, constructive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WASeptember 19, 2018
This company was very organized with training. There was always room for advancement if you had the interest in learning a new department, they would train you.
Company is going under
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Due to Amazon and Wayfair companies stealing customers this company time is limited.

They no longer offer any full time jobs. Managers are the only full time jobs and they have to start part time and climb up the long ladder.

The employees discount is 20% which is the same as what the customer gets using coupons.

Sadly to say this company future is questionable. They are closing stores as we speak. There is low pay. It is clear there is no long term commitment to the staff and they don't care if you come or go.

When a company invests in its employees they are happy and stay- this company doesn't do that. Its future is questionable.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low pay, PT only no full time jobs, discount is same as customers
Fun Products but stressful environment
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 18, 2018
The company sells a lot of fun, updated, innovative products that can either be necessary or unnecessary for everyday or seasonal use. The working environment is stressful and people yell a lot at the front end help.
Decent job, not good hours, they hire all the time which means current employees get less hours.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOSeptember 18, 2018
The job was okay at first, but once you start getting the hang of everything, everyone else gets lazy. At first, you’ll get decent hours, but then they start to cut hours. Not a good part time job.
very stressful place to work at
sales/customer service (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLSeptember 18, 2018
not a good experience working at bed bath and beyond hours weren't so great manager always called on my days off to go work and if I would deny to go to work they would cut my hours
Great starting job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2018
Great job for any one who has school or has another job. They are very easy to work and very flexible with schedules. Lot of young people working there so made it easy to fit in
Pros
People
Great!
Sales and Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 18, 2018
Overall loved working for Bed Bath and Beyond, however the pay was not nearly enough to get me to stay there. I was essentially doing management work (not by design just do to my experience).
But was payed slightly above minimum wage.
Mostly quick-pace. You can move up quickly. Management is usually great. Friendly coworkers. Good pay just lousy hours.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 17, 2018
The management is great, they are very understanding and flexible with hours. However, not many hours are given. You can move up within 6 months. Get along with coworkers easily. Most customers are friendly and reasonable.
Pros
20% discount, flexibility, great people
Cons
Little hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.6K
31.3K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight