Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Found 5,474 reviews matching the search See all 5,730 reviews
fun learning experience
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 24, 2019
a typical day for me running he floor asking customers for help i learned how to approach customers and assist them easy to mange mixed culture of people wasnt really a hard part in doing anything
Productive place to work.
(Sales Associate )(Cashier) (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJune 24, 2019
It was a nice place to work. Long hours and ok pay. You would do so much work for little money. Expected to do your job and others to pick up the slack of others not doing what they are supposed to do. Currently lost a lot of hours due to sales down and workers barely are making decent money. The general manager is amazing overall. The other managers are ok and childish. Poor communication skills and always trying to get associates in trouble.
Hard work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  DelawareJune 23, 2019
Very hard work climbing ladders, putting freight way, you do multiple jobs but only get paid for doing one. Not enough people working there hours are limited.
Relaced but has rushes
Retail Sales/Cust Service/Receiving/Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 23, 2019
Great job as a first job.. management is NOT THE BEST but if you're on top of things then it could be easy to avoid any need for help.. seek others for guidance.
Pros
Slow at times
Cons
Bad management
Secret (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 23, 2019
I love the people I work with but the company higher up has lots of issues. It’s not great pay for the expectations. Lots of promises to get what they want and don’t follow through.
Pros
Cons
They don’t pay well
A very informative place to work, love the people.
Customer Service, Cashiering (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAJune 23, 2019
I like working at Bed Bath and Beyond, I've learned a lot about the retail business. I love interacting with the customers, and new products come in.
Pros
Discount for the employees
Cons
They need more employees
Fun place
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Florence, NJJune 23, 2019
Good job fun place to work at friendly environment i will like to stay there but the pay an cost of living not adding up.plus the overnight hours is not good right now because i want to go back to school.
Pros
Overnight
Cons
Safety
A Balanceed workplace
Floor sales Associate/Freight team Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2019
The people there are nice when the work is not too stressful, Management itself is well balance on face to face interaction. if it may be, management needs improvement on communication when it comes to the freight team.
Pros
The hours are there when it's available
Cons
Misguidence on certain product information
Fun place to work until you only get 14 hours a week.
Customer Service / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 23, 2019
This job was good at first the money felt right and everything. Until this work environment set in and I realized how the management didn’t help the employees if a costumer was being unreasonable. The pay isn’t worth the time unless 300 every 2 weeks is good for you.
Pros
30 minute lunch.
Cons
No health benefits.
Bed Bath & Beyond
Datawarehouse Analyst/ Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJune 21, 2019
Job Work/Life Balance is good. Compensation/Benefits are not bad. Job Security/Advancement are best Management more than average.
Job Culture is good
Nice place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 21, 2019
Bed Bath & Beyond is a nice place to work but not when it's understaffed. When it's understaffed you have to do things that are outside of your job description. Also the store has a bad vibe when it's short staffed.
Nice workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAJune 21, 2019
Friendly co-works and managers, if I needed anything they were kind enough to help. Store was always clean and the environment was good. Working there was never stressful and I enjoyed my job a lot.
Great place to work with teamwork
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Killingly, CTJune 21, 2019
When I started at BBB I was 18 years old. It was a great first job. I learned how to work as a team on projects and management even set up fun and competitive challenges with incentives to work better.
I looked forward to most of my days working there and had very few bad managers or bad days in general.
Pros
Team environment, laid back, wearing your own clotges
Cons
Pay raises are extremely low, little room to move up
Productive and fun place to work at
Junior Store Systems Engineer - Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJune 21, 2019
Very cool people. Great place to work and grow. You learn many things here. Can be a little slow to get setup at first. Do your work on time and Effeciently.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Can be a little slow to get started at first
Don't do it
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAJune 21, 2019
Good department Supervisor but that's it. Hot during summer. You go through a metal detector and if you wear a belt you have to take it off. . Upper management is in offices with A/C and heat but they screw employees who are working
Pros
4 days off
Cons
Poor Leadership
Fast Paced distribution center
Department Manager E-Commerce (Current Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAJune 21, 2019
Its all about moving as many cartons out as possible. Challenging because of the high turnover. A lot of hardworking people, but also many that are not held accountable as they should be.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, good pay
Cons
Lack of communication, chaotic at times
Very fast paced job with not fair pay.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILJune 21, 2019
For the work being asked to do or expected to do the pay doesn’t cover it. Easy way to pick up hours as long as they don’t exceed your status whether you’re part time or full time.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Poor management
Gained skills such as time management and team working skills while working at BBB
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 21, 2019
Getting projects done and still giving the customers a great experience has taught me how to manage my time at work. And solving issues with my fellow co-workers has made my team working skills improve over the year.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Great first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 20, 2019
If you're looking for your first job, this is a great place to start. The culture is fun and friendly, and not too much is expected of you. They really push the monthly items stuff, but don't sweat it if you don't sell much of them, they won't reprimand you. People in my area (Redmond, WA) had some sort of boujee complex but managers were good at getting them off their high horses without being unprofessional.
Pros
20% everything, first dibs to new product, easy to request time off
Cons
split hour long lunch breaks in half, give you 10 min breaks despite 15 min being the law
Mediocre, Corporate run job
Standard worker (Current Employee) –  OregonJune 20, 2019
I stay for the community my own store has created amongst those of us who have worked her for some time. The raises are minimal... as in work here for a month and get less than a .50 cent raise... if you're young and don't have to support yourself financially this is a good part-time job while you're in school.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pretty much everything else. During the slow months they drop most people down to 15hrs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.8K
31.5K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight