Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

51.2K
41.5K
31.2K
Found 4,319 reviews matching the search See all 4,503 reviews
No opportunity for advancement or long term security
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAJune 11, 2018
Do not work for this place as it does not care for its employees. There are next to no opportunities for raises, promotion, or flexibility in scheduling. If you want a job that cares more for customers than employees...work here.
Pros
higher than minimum wage
Cons
discount is the same for customer, 20% off an item
Unreliable To A Very Deep Degree
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
I’ve Recently Lost My Father During My Time Working For Them a Month Before That My Brother. I Told Them I Can’t Work Under These Conditions Right Now So I Told Them Im a Need Some Time Off. They Gave Me Time For My Brother When His Situation Happened & Now My Father Just Died I’m a Need Some Space. So One Manager Comes to Me With The News Saying “ Apparently You’re FATHER HAD A STROKE “ That Showed Me The Disrespect Within The Team. I Was Furious Because You Making a Joke Out Of My Father Health..... Not Cool
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
No Respect
day
Assistant Manager/dept manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 10, 2018
customer service and safety top priority....freight put away working together as a team...merchandise resets....the most fun...customer interaction daily and helping the customer get the right items
Pros
team work
Cons
sometimes not enough time
productive but at the same time, sucks
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 9, 2018
this job was very annoying and was unfair at times. would only recommend if you don't mind letting someone walk over you and letting someone talk to you any kind of way.
Too much work for too little pay
Front End Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2018
Managers have very high expectations but don't expect them to stay long. I had 4 different general managers and probably 10 different floor managers during my 2 and a half years there. They expect you to meet sales goals but we don't have even close to enough customers to meet them. They also limit all associates to under 25 hours.
Pros
discount
Cons
management, expectations, pay
Fine minimun wage job
Customer Service Specialist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 8, 2018
If you want something relatively easy, and pays minimally, this job would totally work for you. The store I worked in felt like it was falling apart at the seams, but it meant no one really cared what you did.
Fun but Extensive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 8, 2018
Working here is fun in terms of things to do but it can get information heavy and customers are mean. You learn a lot about product knowledge and customer service.
Cons
Short break
Bed Bath was a great work experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAJune 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Bed Bath. It was a great experience for me to learn how to be an business and salesman while strengthening my social skills and ability to interact with people as customers.
Pros
Kind staff, nice working in the community, familiar faces, great coworkers, nice work relationships.
Cons
Short breaks, standing long time
productive and fun place to work
Bridal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sayville, NYJune 7, 2018
I love working at Bed Bath and Beyond. the environment is friendly and relaxed. management is nice and willing to help you get the job done. I would recommend working for this company.
Nice Experience
Logistics/Data Analyst Consultant (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJune 7, 2018
A good work environment, and best place to work . All the associates and managers are knowledgable. Workplace culture is awesome.Workplace culture is awesome.
Can be very slow paced and boring at times but good customers and friendly coworkers can help time pass
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 7, 2018
Although at times shifts got long because not many customers were coming in, Bed Bath and Beyond has a cooperative environment that wasn’t very competitive. Everyone was trying to help each other out and there was a healthy work environment.
You are busy and active but it is a pleasant atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAJune 7, 2018
I worked part time so there were only certain amount of hours I was there. I would come in the morning and put my things in a locker. I I was then ready to go to the register to get started with my day. I did take some time off to eat lunch. I really enjoyed talking to the customers while checking them out. You are busy but you are active which I like.
Pros
discount on the items
Cons
standing on your feet the whole time
working at Customer Services
Customer Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJune 7, 2018
Working at this company has helped me learn more about money management and how to close the daily operations and complete the deposits. I enjoy interacting with the many different personalities.
Decent place to work with above average pay
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 7, 2018
Pretty relaxed work environment with flexible hours. Just like any retail job, you are expected to wear many hats throughout your shift and be knowledgeable in most areas of the store.
Bbby
Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 7, 2018
I was trained for multiple positions by the BBBY HR teams. I was able to perform all of those jobs. There were many good days and aome bad days as well.
Pros
working with customers
Cons
Productivity was not easy to maintain
Great company
Sales (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALJune 6, 2018
Fun place to work. Great atmosphere. Opportunity to work all different positions so as to not be stuck doing the same thing. Flexible scheduling . Only down fall is the pay. I have worked there for a year now, and have moved up to receiving and as a key holder and I was only given a $.20 raise. I'm 43 and don't even make $10 an hour. I can always leave, but I enjoy the people.
Pros
Fun, fexable
Cons
Pay is low and training, although offered, it is often rushed and not fully dedicated.
What ever they needed
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2018
While at Bed Bath and Beyond I always had various task to complete but never given a set direction per say; this is how I am most comfortable working I feel I work much better when given the freedom to use reasoning skills. The company had also bee very flexible with me being a full time student that goes to school out of state.
Great
Salesman (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYJune 6, 2018
Great fellow employees, great customers, and an all together great job! I looked forward to working there every day that I was scheduled. No two days were alike.
Always Something New
Cashier/Associate (Current Employee) –  Christiana, DEJune 5, 2018
Nothing ever stays the same long in Bed Bath and Beyond, everything is always changing. New things always coming in, always changing the location of things on the wood. Like every place there are there ups and downs.
Pros
Discount, People
Cons
Scheduling, Hours, Staffing
Typical Workday
PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 5, 2018
Typical workday was 9-6 with one hour break.
Management was very strict about everything and not very friendly.
My peers were amazing and had a great buying team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

56out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Powered by Comparably