Bedford City Schools Employee Reviews

3.4Job Security & Advancement
Learning to balance life
Maintenance Staff (Current Employee) –  Bedford, OHJune 23, 2018
This is a summer job. Days consist of cleaning and scrubbing furniture. Some days are harder than others. Moving furniture is a big part of the job, probably the most straining thing on the body. The most difficult thing about the job is arranging the furniture in the hallway where its enough room to get machines and bodies by to scrub the classrooms. Management is a pain to deal with since: they're too frugal to purchase new equipment when things break, and don't really appreciate their staff. The folks you work with are a hit or miss, either they're nice and easy to work with, or difficult and are not willing to listen. Hours are normally early, so sleeping will be moved around from the norm. I will say that working at this company though has made me some good people that i can call friends throughout the years.
Pros
Decent Breaks
Cons
Management, no paid time off
Some people should not be in charge
Teacher (Former Employee) –  High SchoolJanuary 30, 2018
This was the worst job I ever had in my life. I was a teacher and the administration did not like me because I would not conform. They do not care about the students. All they care about is getting a check. The principals are perpetuating the school to jail pipeline. It is horrible.
Loved it!
School Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Bedford Heights, OHSeptember 6, 2017
Bedford City Schools was a great place to work. If not for the part time hours and children I was raising at the time, added to the fact I had to relocate, Inwould never have left. (I was a school bus driver)
Pros
Paid summers off, great and understanding management.
Cons
Part time
Awesome Students
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHJanuary 31, 2014
Met a lot of good children taught them safety on buses co workers were very helpful had fun in bus rodeos