Bedford Paper

Working at Bedford Paper: 16 Reviews

United States16 reviews

easy going, managers are pretty friendly

not a bad place to work at if you work on 2nd or 3rd shift cause i feel like you can slack off, company so short handed so you can get away with murder

Pros

coworkers, pay isn't too bad, 401k

Cons

high insurance premium, manager spying thru the cameras

Very productive and friendly place to work

Great place to work, everyone is friendly and helpful, great 401K Match, paid holidays, best place i have worked for in over 40 years! Come join our family.

Bedford Paper insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and fun workplace with a welcoming and tightly nit group of staff.

I began my career with Bedford paper as an intern some time ago now and everyone here has been nice and made me feel as if I belong. The company offers some unseen perks that others do not. Whether it be bringing home unneeded products every now and again or Christmas bonus', they will try their best to make their staff pleased.

Pros

Holiday pay, overtime, and 401k.

Cons

High turnover

Great Workplace Culture

I love the culture here. Very supportive and wonderful upper management. Let you bring your knowledge and experience to the table and you are respected. A family-focused environment is great. They take care of their employees.

Pros

401K match, Culture

Great place

Great place to work plenty of opportunities to advance. CEO very involved and seems to care Employees health and safety. Maintaining machines and helping where needed don’t always have enough help

Pros

Good pay and 401k

Cons

High turnover

Better opportunities elsewhere

Company lacks leadership and professionalism. Little to no accountability as employees who blatantly do not follow company policies are not held accountable. Questionable quality of products was shipped out and when quality concerns were brought to the attention of upper management, they were at times overlooked and shipped anyways. Machines run out of supplies and parts. Very little training done on machine operation. Staff seems to be shrinking at all levels. There is no job security. Always wondered day to day, who was going to be next as employees seemed to be walked out without warning. Employees put in positions they should not be in.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Favoritism, poor training, job security, upper management

I enjoy coming to work

I really enjoy working with all the different people at Bedford Paper. From the owner, to office staff, to machine operators...everyone is respectfull of each other and work toward a common goal of success. They keep the plant clean, updated, and even provide meals/prizes from time to time to recognize employees working safely.

Pros

Atmosphere, pay, coworkers

Cons

Sometimes have to work longer hours during when really busy

Management HR representative

Management It’s very horrible overworked and under paid poor leader ship I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. Horrible experience unappreciative un value racial profiling .

Pros

401K program

Cons

20 minute Paid breaks

Official response from Bedford Paper

August 3, 2020
We appreciate your feedback and apologize if you had a negative experience working for Bedford Paper. Bedford Paper strives to treat all our employees with the respect and professionalism they deserve, and in no way condones racism or discrimination of any type. We take pride in our competitive pay, work schedule, and family orientated culture.

Great plant to work at very clean and great people

Great place to work ! good people, very clean very good hours for employees understanding managementsafety is always first new machines to work on employees are very freindly

Pros

good working hours

Small company with a great work environment.

Great small company with the ability to learn a lot on the multiple paper converting machines they have. Friendly management with 8 hour shifts most of the time with the potential to pick up overtime. Wonderful place to work and great work environment.

Pros

Good benefits and pay with friendly management.

Cons

Short breaks, can't leave the premises on breaks.

Productive and Successful

Bedford Paper is a successful paper company and always looking for ways to expand their customer base, and meet their customer's needs. It is a good place to work.

Refreshing Change

I came from a company that had a very toxic atmosphere that made it hard to go into work each day. I was fortunate to join Bedford a few months ago, and have been very impressed with the culture. It feels like everyone is working toward the same goals, willing to help each other out, and they proactively ask people for their opinions. Happy I made the switch.

Not a good place to work.

If you belong to the "in group" you are able to stand around and do nothing while the other people pick up their slack. The management their only worry about the machines running they could careless about the employees

Not the best

High insurance costs, safety is not a first concern. Poor management. Poor communication. Very Dusty in some areas. Pay was good. Have to use your PTO if your sick.

Production floor workers

Coworkers are friendly and easy to work with. Slow paced environment. Not much room for advancement. Learned quite a bit here with great workers and management.

Glad it was a temporary job.

Bedford paper is a struggling paper company. Which made it easier for me to have a good way to work and get some hours and money in my pocket. Being that it was a temporary job it was still stressful having to makeup for such lost work. Working third shift you have to clean up everyone's slack.

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

Not enough money for the job you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bedford Paper. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits