Beebe Healthcare Employee Reviews

The workplace
Digital Records Specialist/Biopsy Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEMarch 18, 2018
A typical day is checking-in/checking out patients for the providers and scheduling times for testing, return appointments, and referrals.

This is a repetitive position but I have learned many smaller tasks in the course of one day.

Management is always present

Work place culture is to live the values expected by the company

The hardest part of the job is scheduling appointments for the providers as they are completely booked and it is hard to find times for those patients.

Working with my co-workers and patient interaction.
Pros
Working environment and personal appoint times
Cons
Lack of coordinated effort on managements part
Poor Scheduling of Staff/No concern for Work/Life Balance
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Walk In ClinicMarch 17, 2018
The scheduling for the nursing in the walk in is terrible. They are not allowed to switch shifts and are told that if they do not like it they can go find another job. They have no say in their schedules or the locations they are sent to work. They may be hired for one clinic, but routinely sent to another clinic over an hour away from their home.
The staff in the clinic and the doctors are wonderful. The work is good. The problems are at an administrative level and primarily revolve around inflexible scheduling and lack of concern for the staff having a work/life balance.
They do not provide enough staffing for nurses to take lunch breaks.
Little Nursing Support- Frequently Short Staffed
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  ICUFebruary 25, 2018
Unsafe nurse patient ratios in the ICU. Especially since they took our techs away. That was all the help we had. Our one charge nurse she tries to help, but the other is too busy brown-nosing to even notice we are sinking. New manager doesn't seem to care. I am actively job hunting after 3 years of employment here.
Pros
Beach
Cons
Administration
Worst place I've ever worked in 20 years of mursing
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  FloatFebruary 25, 2018
I was a traveler and as a result am used to bad places. But this place has no idea how poor their nursing is there. The "Beebe Way" is for nurse to do what the doctors and administrators say, even if it is unsafe and not in the best interest of the patients. Not a small town hospital- but is a small minded hospital, especially for nursing. The nurses that work there just don't know any better.
Enjoy working here
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEDecember 19, 2017
Love working for Beebe Healthcare. Unfortunately, the commute is getting to be too much especially when placed on call for low census. You only have a 45 minute time frame to make it from home to the hospital and a normal commute for me was an hour plus. Also, management is changing and not really getting answers needed to questions that are of concern on the unit
Love it
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEDecember 11, 2017
They have helped me grow in so many ways. I highly recommend working here. I believe that Beebe will help you in any way to advance in your career. There are many opportunities out there.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
N/a
Night Shift
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEDecember 10, 2017
Good collaboration of care and teamwork between nurses. Continuing education is always available
12 hour work days
great patient to nurse ratio
Variety of Nurses from all areas, age and experience...makes learning constant
Pros
Cons
health benefits are expensive and limitating for employees, expensive food for employees
Positive and Caring Atmosphere
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DENovember 12, 2017
Beebe is full of dedicated, caring and kind people that strive to provide an outstanding patient environment. They know when anyone is at the hospital for any medical reason, the patient is fearful. They do everything they can to help calm these fears. Having been a patient there - and then the wonderful opportunity to work there, I can tell you their approach is genunie. I have been very fortunate to work with a vast array of professional, thoughtful and kind people. I am very proud to work at Beebe, and I love my job!
Pros
Caring and Professional Atmoshpere
Cons
Need a bigger hospital!
Terrible working conditions.
Csrdio (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DENovember 8, 2017
Worse place I ever worked! Poor management unethical behavior by nursing director.
Forced to work tons of overtime die to poor staffing.
Unable to maintain a home life with this employer.
Pros
Psy
Largest Healthcare Facility in Sussex County Delaware
REGISTRAR - TCC INFUSION SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Lewes and Rehoboth Hundred, DENovember 5, 2017
I work as a registrar at the Tunnell Cancer Center. My position is registering patients, insurance verification, directing patients to triage, processing patient charts for physician visits. I have learned how to manage my time, manage all types of medical registration needs. Beebe is ever changing so management is continually redirection job positions to provide the best patient care and service. Te hardest part of the job is the volume of work so time management is crucial. The best part of my job is working with the patients and the teamwork with staff,
Benefits
Cons
Pay is low
great place to work
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  AdministrationOctober 30, 2017
My job is great here. Really no complaints that I have to state. My peers are wonderful people. I have a good working environvirment. The hours are fair.
Fast Paced and great patient care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed working there and I learned more in my time there about myself then i had at any other employment i had previously. Nursing is a true calling, just not mine
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
always understaffed
overall good place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEOctober 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time working there, especially in the emergency department. It was very fast paced and I learned so much. I went back to school to be a nurse practitioner which is why I ended up leaving. At the time, there were no positions there.
Great environment
Patient Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DESeptember 30, 2017
loved the position, loved the job, very flexible hours, make your own schedule, plenty of over time opportunities for staff to pick up. bonuses for those who pick up overtime
Pros
Ot, bonuses
Cons
hours inconsistent
Nurse Friendly
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DESeptember 20, 2017
An organization that still is small enough to feel like home but progressive enough to help you grow in your field. As with any nursing job 12 hours shifts do tend to be 13-14 hour shifts due to the acuity of the patients and the short staffing. However, there benefits department is amazing!!! I can not say enough about how supportive they were for me when I had personal issues arise.
Working in a beach town
RN (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DESeptember 9, 2017
A hospital just down the road from the beach hints to the atmosphere of this hospital, slow and steady. Night shift stays busy, and short staffing keeps you even busier. Co-workers were kind and it was easy to fit in and make friends.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJuly 24, 2017
everyone is kind and considerate. Keeps you busy, your day goes by fast. Food has improved. Mgmt needs some work but they are trying. Otherwise they are growing and trying to meet employee and patient needs,
Pros
$, co-workers, benefits
Cons
parking
Safe clean working enviroment
EVS Lead (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJuly 15, 2017
The hospital is a great place to work. I enjoyed it so much because everyone was so professional and friendly. People were always willing to give a helping hand.
Pros
Great benifits and pay scale
Cons
I have nothing bad to say about the hospital
Great location to live and work
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJune 27, 2017
Overall I enjoyed my time at Beebe. I worked as a nursing assistant and unit secretary at that time. I enjoyed the fast pace of my unit and the people I worked with. The benefits were fantastic. I learned a great deal while working at Beebe. I have just graduated nursing school. I would definitely apply to Beebe if I still lived in the area.
experienced RN's look elsewhere/inpatient
RN (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJune 19, 2017
really nice coworkers, truly amazed how nice they are in the face of what they have to deal with on a daily basis. theyre overworked, understaffed, leaned on to work way more than other hospitals because of that

unbelievably slow HR process to get hired, took months to get everything in order and I have a very basic, simple application with great references and experience. My unit comprised of many soon-to-be retirees, meaning many of the large issues at hand turned a blind eye because of impending retirement. I was misinformed about what my schedule would be on the interview versus what the reality is. Patient care standards are low at times, cause for safety concerns. I approached management and HR about this, unfortunately the hospital has high census, meaning they have to deal with that first, ensuring the flow of patients in and out, causing many of these issues to fall to the wayside and only re-emerge doing urgent situations, which happens.
large teaching hospitals have a lot checks and balances, standards in place, rankings to consider. This hospital seems to be running on the defensive. It's not magnet, and they have a higher census coming in, then their own capacity even allows for causing patients to back up in the ED and post-recovery units.
Compensation is no more better than nearby. i would avoid being a patient here if able to.

message to management: listen to the concerns of experienced nurses and try to show a plan of change. Communicate with your employees, and have integrity. I was hired because of my breadth of experience, only to have that backfire

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beebe Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Beebe Healthcare Reviews by Location