Beebe Healthcare Employee Reviews

Amazing teamwork
RN (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEFebruary 23, 2019
Great community based non profit hospital with great interdisciplinary teamwork. Friendly atmosphere. Great retention. Starting a magnet like nursing led atmosphere.
Cons
No light duty or lessened hour days for transition back to work after surgery
Patient Access Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJanuary 15, 2019
It was a complicated job but the overall experience was a good one. I would recommend a friend to apply for a job at Beebe. There benefits were pretty good.
Love the work.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEDecember 30, 2018
Beebe is a great place to work for. the management is good and the work is cut and dry. Its the patient's that make this job so incredible, and rewarding.
Love working at Beebe
Certified nursing aide (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DENovember 27, 2018
I love to work at Beebe Healthcare. Everyone is so nice and understanding, but I am currently looking for a day job. The night shift is not working within my schedule anymore.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
short staffed
Very busy
CENTRAL REGISTRAR (Current Employee) –  Health CampusNovember 5, 2018
I love my job and the patients that I see every day. It is very fast paced. It would be better if everyone pulled their own weight. That is never the case with my department and it seems like nothing gets done about it. Just disappointed.
Stay away if you care about your sanity
Storeroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEOctober 26, 2018
If you work at this hospital and not a nurse you are nobody. environmental and the storeroom are the lowest positions you can get at this hospital. Poor management/directors.
Pros
insurance
Cons
Too many to say
I was always encouraged to attend classes and seminars.
Sr Accts Receivable Rep III (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEOctober 24, 2018
Beebe is an excellent company to work for.
I was always encouraged to attend classes and seminars that were related to my employment, making me a better employee.
The company always strived to maintain their mission.
What's better than Beebe ?
Distribution Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work. Great environment. Wonderful benefits. Nice employees and management. You feel like you are a part of the Beebe family :) Welcomes you with open arms.
Benefits
Cons
Cafe customer service
Everyday
C.na (Former Employee) –  Beebe, ARAugust 7, 2018
We was always understaff ,they show favorites toward the cna,residents pass away,seeing smiles on residents faces at the end of shift.The residents was the reason why I stayed there that long
Pros
Pizza once a month
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEAugust 4, 2018
I have had the opportunity to learn many new things related to coding while working at Beebe. I have learned out to access coding references through the 3M encoder
Pros
Four day work week
Cons
not enough work on occasion
Caters to new employees
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEAugust 1, 2018
It is nice when your new. But can’t advance in certain departments. It’s all according to where you in the hospital. Good gifts for years of service. But new people get hired and make more than the people that work here for years
Laboratory Client Service Coordinator
Laboratory Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEJuly 24, 2018
Learn a lot from this job and had to opportunity to go out and market Lab Department to Physicians' Practices. After 8 years, I moved on to IT Department where I enjoyed training Physicians' Network Offices on EMR and helped trained hospital staff as well. The hardest part of the job was the management was not fair.
Pros
Learning more ins and outs of computer software
Cons
Staff moods
xx
Health Care (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEJuly 18, 2018
Good place to work. Room for growth. Good benefits. Quality care for patients and caring environment. Core values instilled in employees. Small town environment.
Busy
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEJune 13, 2018
This healthcare facility is very busy for the place they are located. Emergency Room is usually busy and the hospital requires expansion. Plans are in place for this.
Overall Review
Employment Assistant/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEMay 31, 2018
I LOVED working with the people at Beebe Healthcare and the work that I did. I feel that most managers were on target with the "Values" they expect of the employees but other managers neededo work on items in this area and follow through with suggestions made to help the organization to flourish.

I am happy that they encouraged continued education and was happy to participate in many seminar and webinars. I also received my CPR/Advanced Life Support certification with their assistance.

As far as career growth potential, I feel this is an area they could greatly improve within the organization.

Thank you.
Pros
Education opportunities, employees, able to assist the employees
Cons
Limited growth and managment areas
Good Place
Cerner - Education Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEApril 6, 2018
It was a good place to work. Came to work, had meetings, created classes in LMS and schedule classes. Set up classrooms and made sure that all trainers had what they needed for class.
Cons
Very long drive from airport (over 2 hrs), no compensation for time travel
The workplace
Digital Records Specialist/Biopsy Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEMarch 18, 2018
A typical day is checking-in/checking out patients for the providers and scheduling times for testing, return appointments, and referrals.

This is a repetitive position but I have learned many smaller tasks in the course of one day.

Management is always present

Work place culture is to live the values expected by the company

The hardest part of the job is scheduling appointments for the providers as they are completely booked and it is hard to find times for those patients.

Working with my co-workers and patient interaction.
Pros
Working environment and personal appoint times
Cons
Lack of coordinated effort on managements part
Poor Scheduling of Staff/No concern for Work/Life Balance
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Walk In ClinicMarch 17, 2018
The scheduling for the nursing in the walk in is terrible. They are not allowed to switch shifts and are told that if they do not like it they can go find another job. They have no say in their schedules or the locations they are sent to work. They may be hired for one clinic, but routinely sent to another clinic over an hour away from their home.
The staff in the clinic and the doctors are wonderful. The work is good. The problems are at an administrative level and primarily revolve around inflexible scheduling and lack of concern for the staff having a work/life balance.
They do not provide enough staffing for nurses to take lunch breaks.
Little Nursing Support- Frequently Short Staffed
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  ICUFebruary 25, 2018
Unsafe nurse patient ratios in the ICU. Especially since they took our techs away. That was all the help we had. Our one charge nurse she tries to help, but the other is too busy brown-nosing to even notice we are sinking. New manager doesn't seem to care. I am actively job hunting after 3 years of employment here.
Pros
Beach
Cons
Administration
Worst place I've ever worked in 20 years of mursing
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  FloatFebruary 25, 2018
I was a traveler and as a result am used to bad places. But this place has no idea how poor their nursing is there. The "Beebe Way" is for nurse to do what the doctors and administrators say, even if it is unsafe and not in the best interest of the patients. Not a small town hospital- but is a small minded hospital, especially for nursing. The nurses that work there just don't know any better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beebe Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Beebe Healthcare Reviews by Location