Behavior Frontiers Employee Reviews

You Can Do Better
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 15, 2018
There are other ABA agencies that are more structured and genuinely care about their employees...Behavior Frontiers is not one of them. They definitely show favoritism amongst staff, lack proper management, and are money hungry. Their turnover rate is extremely high (which I guess shouldn’t be a surprise).
Pros
Health benefits, 401k
Cons
Stressful environment, poor management, poor pay
Caring and Collaborative Place to Work!
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 6, 2018
A typical day at work was to attend to clients, making sure clients Behavior Plans were read. Then I would conduct at least 10 lessons per client by using Interactive Play and making sure the data was complete. It was great to see the clients progress as I would read and record the data of each client over a period of time. Using quantitative data was fairly new to me, but I learned. The management team played a big role in making this possible. They were always willing to help, answer questions or offer extra training. I think the hardest part for me was not being able to see my collaborative team members on weekly basis to discuss or share any successful strategies, rather we spoke on the phone. However, the caring and collaborative effort to deliver the services for the families was there.
Pros
They really care for children! :) and company offers training's
Cons
I would say the traffic when having to see multiple clients during the day.
Best company
Behavior Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 3, 2018
I have worked for 3 other ABA companies and I can say this one is the best one. I plan on becoming a BCBA as we get discounts with affiliated schools. BF really does care about the employees!
Pros
Company socials, discounts on tuition, incentive points, insurances
Supportive
Behavior Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baker Canyon, KSJune 24, 2018
I worked with Behavior Frontiers but did not stay past training. It was a great work environment. Loads of support and their goals aim to assist with your own.
Pros
Kind co workers
Good First Job
Senior Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 18, 2018
Behavior Frontiers is a great place for a first job. I learned a lot in my time there and go involved in a field where I felt like I was making a difference. They offer good benefits, training, and support for new staff. However, older staff are sometimes left on their own too often, and it can be hard to get hours. The scheduling department is located in another city, so communication with them can be a bit slow, but everyone is very friendly and willing to work with you as much as possible.
Pros
benefits, employee reward system
Cons
understaffed
Productive and Stressful
Senior Behavior Technician Full-time (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAJune 5, 2018
Daily routine is driving to your clients's place and providing 1:1 aba therapy. Most of your time, you're working independently. One or twice a week, your case manager will oversee you during your session.
Pros
Paid mileage
Poor pay, toxic management
Behavior Therapist/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 30, 2018
Was forced to work with a sick child (stomach flu), against company policy, and was not given the raise I was due according to my yearly evaluation rating. Multiple excuses were made, and management frequently bullied employees.
Horrible Company Culture
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2018
Upper management does not provide any support. The regional clinical director is extremely unprofessional and frequently speaks down to staff. The only time you hear from the RCD is when something goes wrong. If something does go wrong, you’ll be told to figure it out. That about sums up the support you’ll receive and the culture at Behavior Frontiers.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Horrible Culture & Management
Yup
LLP, Behavior Instructor, Orange County, CA (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 3, 2018
I really enjoyed working with them. The people I worked with were really kind, and I had a ton of fun. It was enjoyable hearing about what happened there.
Great Starting Job after college
Senior Behavior Instructor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 23, 2018
Your schedule always changes, maybe part-time for a long time. easy to lose full-time status.

Great place to gain experience working with kids with Autism. Managers provide great support. Easy to move up.

Want to know more about Behavior Frontiers?

Ask a question
Only good for entry level
Junior Behavior Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 13, 2018
They advertise on indeed that they hire full time, which they don’t. They also advertise that there are opportunities for career growth and BCBA hours, which is likely after 1 plus years from the hiring date, if that. They say to reach out to administrators anytime, but be aware they will not reply to you. They encourage and say that you can keep your current job and work here (between 2-7, which is peak hours), but they only offer training in the morning during your other job. That doesn’t make sense!!! If you have another job, you can’t work here because of training schedules. Although the turn over rate is extremely high, they don’t care if you stay here or not. The only good thing about the company is, it you don’t want career growth opportunities and you are not looking into getting in the field, this is the place for you.
Pros
Snacks in the office and support from the case managers.
Cons
Everything else that’s not mentioned in the pros section.
I wouldn't recommend
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South BayApril 11, 2018
The pay is extremely low.
You're thrown into jobs that aren't in your job description and are for people who get almost double your mediocre pay.
Advancement takes YEARS of being stuck in a role that pays far below average.
Seeking BACHELOR degrees to get paid 12/hr is insulting.

Just don't.
Pros
SOME people are welcoming, free lunch maybe once a month that you'll order, company card
Cons
Everything else
Good Entry Level Position for BCaba
Behavior Instructor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 28, 2018
I love working for Behavior Frontiers; everyone I’ve worked with so far has been absolutely supportive and encouraging so far. That being said, full time hours are difficult to get and cancellations do occur. Plus you don’t have a set 9-5 schedule if that is what you want, this may not be the place for you. On a more positive note, you learn a lot of skills in this field that you can apply to other fields.
Pros
Collaborative Environment, Training, Decent Pay
Cons
Low hours, working alone, driving everywhere.
Great Company!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 20, 2018
This company is extremely ethical and always treats the clients with maximum care! Also, they treat their employees better than any other company that I have ever worked at. Would recommend to anyone!
productive
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 12, 2018
Really good work environment. Independent work at your own time. Very relaxed environment and place for advancement. I would recommend this corporation to a friend in the future.
Pros
A lot of benefits
Cons
Limited Hours
Not all it’s cracked up to be
Behavior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 9, 2018
While some locations of BF may be collaborative work environments the San Diego office is not one of them. In particular the clinical director is condescending and does and will talk down the analyst to families (in front of the analyst and behind the analyst back). Multiple families asked that the CLINICAL DIRECTOR be removed for overseeing their case. When these issues were mentioned to upper management nothing was done. The San Diego office has the highest turn over rate of ALL BF offices (that says a lot!).
Pros
Salary is fair
Cons
Salary is not worth the environment. Other clinics offer a great salary and even better environment.
Supportive Clinical Team
BCBA (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 28, 2018
BCBAs at this company really care about their clients and staff. They definitely know what they're doing clinically. The supervisors and directors are very supportive and want to grow your career as well.
Pros
Strong clinical team
Cons
Scheduling team
A typical work day
Behavior Instructor (30hr/wk) (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 22, 2018
I loved working with the kiddos and each family. My clients were all awesome and I really connected with them. Each day I would run programs implemented by my case manager and assistant clinical director while also making it natural and fun.
Pros
The kids!!
Cons
N/a
No opportunity for job advancements
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 7, 2018
The new management for the long beach region is terrible. They offer no support and are quick to dismiss employee concerns. There are no hours in this field. The scheduler could barely keep the company's employees at full-time due to cancellations. The good thing about working here are the kids you get to interact with.
Pros
kids, flexible schedule
Cons
no support, hours, traveling from session to session
Fun and rewarding
Senior Behavioral Therapist/ Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 15, 2017
Lot of work, must be able to drive to locations. Rewarding working with the children. You can move up and they offer help with education if you want your masters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavior Frontiers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight