Behavior And Education Employee Reviews

Stressful work environment
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJanuary 6, 2019
Typical day at works includes driving to clients homes and schools to provide 1-1 therapy. ABA skills are used to help the children learn and grow. Work is very repetitive, days can seem long and stressful. You need a lot of time for yourself if you plan on working for this company.
Pros
Amazing staff and other therapists
Cons
Commuting, stressful job, low income, aggressive clients
Trainer very energetic and willing to answer questions.
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CADecember 10, 2018
Overall I would recommend Behavior and Education as a place of employment. They have very in-depth trainings for incoming as well as current Therapists, hosted by a very knowledgeable trainer out of the Manhattan beach office. Like most ABA company, the problem lies with the amount of hours Therapists receive which depends on the amount of clients in a specific region.
Pros
Competitive pay and knowledgeable staff
Cons
Lack of hours and support
Can be better
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2018
Sups need to be appreciated more, it's always about the managers. I enjoy my work but too much of micromanagement and not much freedom to make decisions. Technology needs to improve immensely. Collecting data has been a nightmare.
Pros
Co-workers
Great Work Perks
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJune 13, 2018
I've been here for over a year now. They are really good ab out soliciting feedback for most of the new and old initiatives going on. It is nice to see that my feedback is taken into consideration and improvements made. It makes me feel like I am a part of something special.
Industry Innovators
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAMay 18, 2018
This place rocks! I wake up each morning looking forward to going to work. I feel like I am appreciated and I love that I can see how much progress the clients are making. Everything is electronic here which makes the work day go smoothly.
Excellent Training Program
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMay 1, 2018
I was a bit of a newbie starting out here. The training program is Fantastic. I felt super prepared for my first solo day in the field. It has been a fun ride even with the occasional hiccups (was sent to a wrong address once, apologizes were sent but it still stings a bit to miss out on hours) Overall I am pretty happy here and would recommend anyone on the fence with starting an ABA job to give this place a chance.
Pros
Great Support
Cons
Traffic can be difficult. Waze has bailed me out a bunch of times though.
Growing Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2018
Company has good relationships across SoCal and is growing. Caseloads are fair and balanced. Compensation for all positions is lower on average than most local agencies, though PTO benefits are solid.
Pros
Steady growth, clients always incoming
Cons
Compensation, advancement
Scheduling has Greatly Improved
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 13, 2018
When I started here over a year ago, it took awhile for my schedule to get stable. With the recent changes, I feel like I am in good hands all the time. Anytime I get cancelled on I call it in and I am off to another client. Keep up the great work!
Growing ABA Agency with Great Co-Workers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMarch 9, 2018
Behavior and Education is a great ABA agency. The company is growing, so there are many opportunities for staff who want to reach new levels in their career. Managers mentor therapists, so coaching happens all the time. This helps all of the therapists, even newer ones, to feel confident about doing great work. This company really focuses on clinical excellence - so developing and running high quality programs for our clients is the focus. Training is very good - the new hire training is excellent and there are many opportunities for ongoing skills development. This company even gives free CEUs to staff! One of the best parts is that co-workers actually like each other here. The offices are nice, and Management has an open door policy so that everyone feels comfortable raising ideas or concerns.
Great work benefits
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SouthbayFebruary 28, 2018
After seeing so many different ABA agencies, this one definitely has one of the best benefits, especially PTO.
However, workload as a supervisor and micro managing make all of the benefits not worth it. Make sure to discuss caseloads before taking the job
Pros
Benefits, clients
Cons
micromangement, overwork
Collaborative Approach
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Your voice is heard here. Any time I am having any problems, I bring them up to my manager and they are addressed immediately. I really enjoy working with my clients and feel a strong personal connection with them.
Fun Hip Company
Behavior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2017
I love working at this company. Almost all of the people I meet here have a genuine love of their clients and a true desire to help them. They utilize technology as much as I've seen in the industry and it makes my job all the easier instead of having to transcribe data after taking it down by hand. I'm looking forward to the next steps in my career!
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 4, 2017
Awesome kiddos but very stressful environment! Pay can be better as well. I can't stand all the changes this company is putting us through. Micromanagement is
Another big issue,
Pros
Kids
Cons
Pay and office culture
Great Place to Work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAApril 5, 2017
The si pervision is great, and the work atmosphere is positive. I feel supported when out in the field without feeling micromanaged. There is opportunity to grow if you want it. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
The driving but the company respects what you are willing to drive
Great company to work for!
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAApril 5, 2017
I have been working at Behavior and Education (BAE) for over three years. From upper management to the therapist level, BAE has a great culture. Directors, managers, and supervisors are friendly, responsive, and knowledgable in the field of ABA. Great company to work for and I would recommend this company for anyone who is looking to start a career in the field of ABA.
Pros
Great work environment and friendly staff
Cons
Drive time for therapist level (same with any company in the field)
Great coworkers. Great company culture
Director (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMarch 25, 2017
Behavior and Education is a great place to work. I have awesome coworkers that know how to strike the perfect balance between having fun and getting the job done. Quality of services is a high focus, and individuals at all levels work together to continuously improve the agency's clinical services, staff satisfaction, and quality of services for families. I couldn't think of a better place to work, or better people to work with. Very happy to call BAE my work home.
Pros
great co-workers, great company culture
on your own, but an eye is watching
Behavioral Counselor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMarch 21, 2017
LOVE working with kiddos!!! The new technological side of the scheduling and data gathering allows sups to watch during session and micro-manage to a freaky degree. Sorry, but I have a boat-load of education, so I moved on to independent pastures.
Pros
kiddos that need a kind teacher!
Cons
micro management and bad sups
Local quiet environment for office work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAOctober 23, 2015
Right now I'm helping my supervisor file and scan papers. First, I collect all of the papers in a client's file, then I separate them by category and put each category's papers in chronological order. Once all the papers are organized, I scan them to my supervisor. So far I've learned how the filing system works and how to use two different scanners. I've also learned how the company's therapists help the clients. From what I've seen, the management seems to be excellent, and though I don't actually go about my duties with coworkers, I have met most of them and they have been very welcoming to me. Scanning the papers is the hardest part of the job, because the scanner eats up a good amount of time and every so often gets jammed. However, knowing that I'm using some of my skills to help my supervisor finish her tasks is so rewarding and motivating, and it's what gets me up on work days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavior And Education. Our community is ready to answer.