Behavioral Health Group Employee Reviews

relaxed enviroment and coworkers helpful
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ware, MASeptember 10, 2018
the co-workers I have in ware are amazing and helpful we are always talking about how we can make things better. I love that I am able to be creative and productive
Bhg
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paris, TNSeptember 4, 2018
Crazy hours
Okay Patients
Staff Great to work with
Management in office tries to do the best they can
It's just a stressful job trying to help people all day over all an okay job if you like early hours and different attitudes everyday all day
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
hours and time off
Good Job
TCM/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hazard, KYAugust 14, 2018
This is a good job, but the pay is not enough to live on in this area and it is nothing compared to some of the similar jobs in the area. Otherwise, it is a very laid back good work environment.
BHG Citico
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 28, 2018
This is the first job where I didn’t feel like I had to walk on eggshells . It’s very laid back and management doesn’t treat you like your beneath them . You get to see the progress in patients and the hours are nice . The company should really compensate their employees better for all they do and deal with but overall this is a great place to work .
Pros
Great hours, family environment, approachable management
Cons
Pay
Good but can pay better
Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 6, 2018
I worked at BHG for almost 2 years and I can say it was challenging and rewarding. Pay wasn't the best, but I loved my coworkers and really grew attached to my caseload.
Pros
Work hours, benefits, work environment.
Cons
Pay
Could improve
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 7, 2018
This job is rewarding, but the caseload is overbearing, poor communication, no established safety plan or security of any form, no overtime allowed, and low pay
Pros
Rewarding, hours are great
Cons
No concern for employee safety, high caseloads, low pay, high-stress
Great Hours
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Pikeville, KYMay 6, 2018
Great working hours. Pay is low for the amount of work you do. Management is awesome. Fun place to work. Learn a lot from the doctors. Insurance is okay but not great.
Great Workplace
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Pikeville, KYApril 25, 2018
Very nice place to work and ability to help others in crisis. A typical work load is around 7 new patients and around 9-15 follow ups and is very easy to complete.
Serves its purpose
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 18, 2018
Enjoyed the job and working with the people. Very relaxed. Found it hard to trust people working with me at times. Constant gossip about one another. Salary wasn't good for making a living for the area.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
staff bickering
Could be totally rewarding if not for disparing type management style.
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 17, 2018
The experience of working with BHG is one that can serve to rewarding given the ability to help opioid dependent individuals to change toward a productive lifestyle. However the " Good Ole Girl " system that is in place at the Nashville location allows for their to be a disparity of treatment of staff and subsequently, patients of color. This behavior along warrants an investigation, even in the hiring practices. To those seeking treatment and to those people of color seeking employment , BEWARE. Lower management perpetuate this behavior and so many people of color are the victim of the culture that have existed in the Nashville facility; for quite some time.
Pros
experience of working with the population of clients
Cons
Sorority type management style.
Challenging work with a difficult population- but at times-very rewarding.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 8, 2018
This is stressful work--with drug addicted people- but it was very rewarding at times--while at other times- frustrating. At times-I felt more like a paper-pusher rather than a counselor-but that is not the company's fault. I do feel this company needs to become more patient/client focused.
Pros
Very rewarding at times, good benefits.
Cons
Too business oriented, very little opportunity for advancement.
Stressful
Addiction Counselor Level III (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CO 80031February 19, 2018
Hostile work environment, management was not consistent with her decisions. Rules changed based on various clients. Paid a low wages for the amount of paper work filed on a daily bases.
Pros
hours are great
Cons
Paid is low.
Good people, poor corporate culture
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 14, 2018
I was a Clinical Supervisor in Memphis. When we were privately owned it was a great job with fantastic benefits. When BHG took over we became cold, regimented, and part of a machine that did not care about clients only numbers. The caseloads are impossible and leave no room for real therapy which they don't care about anyway. They only care to keep people on methadone forever.
Pros
Good employees and hours
Cons
Poor compensation, low salaries, do not care about clients
very relaxedatmosphere
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAJanuary 29, 2018
I really enjoyed my time here. Was able to learn beyond my career diploma in pharmacy knowledge. Very hands on and was willing to educate their techs on new medications as they came about.
My Day
check printer for faxes
open the door at 5:45am
check in patients
take payments
check for holds as of counselor holds or UA holds
Maintain the hall way
keep lobby clean
answer phones
leave at 2pm
Pros
helping others
Cons
no training
BHG review
Audit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2018
A typical day at BHG would consist of logging onto your computer and checking your email. You would then I would log into the facility that I was going to be auditing and audit the patient charts. I learned many things while I was at BHG; I learned what medicaid and medicare as well as commercial insurance want as far as compliance for the facilities. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job was the monotony. The culture in the office was friendly and professional.
Pros
free lunches on pay day, good pay
Cons
monotony
Patient Care?
Screening Technician/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 27, 2017
This was a difficult position. I enjoyed my work but there were certain high risk areas where protocol was not placed. I enjoyed the people that I worked with for the most part. I definitely realized that businesses like these are all about the money vs. patient care
Cons
We were extremely busy or extremely slow. There wasn't any middle ground.
No thanks
Addictions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 28, 2017
I worked here for a little while. They barely have upward mobility. The girls are oddly catty for a professional job. The people there are not LPC's or have a Master's degree, and if you do, you work below people who have a lesser degree than you.
slow paced
Filing (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 22, 2017
Its an okay job if you are more of a slow paced laid kind of worker but can stay aware. Files could come at any time and there could be stacks to be filed at any time and you must still have it done in a timely manner.
Medication Nurse
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYNovember 3, 2017
I enjoyed seeing the success that Pt made while in treatment. Clean friendly environment. to work in. Lots of room for growth. Over all steady work.
Pros
clean environment to work in
Cons
Not enough pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about