Behavioral Health Group Employee Reviews

Highly unethical company
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 23, 2018
Extremely unethical practices go on at this company. Do not work here if you value your professional integrity. There are not enough words to describe what a mistake it was to take a position with this company.
Cons
Climate of fear and intimidation
Terrible place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 20, 2018
Very cut throat. Management isn’t qualified. Don’t file a complaint with HR, you’ll be fired. Very understaffed all the time, patient care isn’t the focus. Money is.
Cut-throat among management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  AlabamaDecember 19, 2018
The overall training is terrible at BHG. You have weekly training's on the computer. You are required to attend training's, even though you may not understand anything they are talking about. Tip: Most people train better with on hands training, not watching corporate navigate with a video demonstration. During an acquisition they offer very little help at training you on their system SAMM'S. Also, the emails are relentless, and hard to keep up with. The biggest issue is with the Regional Director, who is not really there for management, because he is too busy flirting with other female staff members.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Training/Management
Very stressful
Substance Abuse Counselor (Methadone Maintenance) (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CO 80031December 3, 2018
See people and complete documents
Time management
That It exists
It exists with the people
Not enough time to complete work
Your co=workers are helpful
Pros
The co workers
Cons
Salary
I would not send anyone to work there.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 22, 2018
It was the first job out of school for me and I wasn't shown the ropes and didn't receive any instruction. I was dumped in the job of a medical assistant without any support. When I caught the regional director dosing patients, I was fired two weeks later.
A very poor place to work!
I did not learn anything because they didn't teach me anything.
Management was very poor!
The workplace culture was very hostile.
The hardest part of the job, clocking in.
The most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 17, 2018
The company overall is not bad. The new Program Director on the other hand is a power tripping, underhanded, lying, two faced, don't know what shes doing person. She is not to be trusted! She shows favoritism to one particular employee, who knows nothing about he company. The clinic itself is a good place to work, if you don't mind working early.
Pros
Early work day
Cons
The Program Director
It's not about staff or patients
Doesn't matter who you are (Former Employee) –  KyNovember 15, 2018
I'm sure it depends on location but most of the program directors in KY are not qualified or able to do the job successfully. This creates chaos in workplace. Culture is drama. Environment is drama and stress. They are about money for corporation but not for staff. You are very under paid, over-worked, and unappreciated. The income is not feasible for children or one income. It can be a good schedule for family life if it isn't so stressful it affects your family life. There is no advancement nor good employees welcomed. They don't provide what they state in a job or career. They do not train. Depending on location or director it is not abided by state regulations. I do not advise anyone with a license to work there and subject yourself. Run.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Over -worked, no pay, poor management from program directors up, HR is no better, They won't help, Not about staff that promote patients nor the patients
Constantly changing priorities
Director (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaNovember 1, 2018
The priorities and goals of the company change daily.
No training is provided to new employees with regard to job specific tasks, company priorities/expectations, etc.
Undermining of managers on a regular basis.
Pros
Schedule, fast paced
Cons
negative management, shifting priorities, lack of support, no training
Awful---run fast
Worker (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYOctober 28, 2018
This place is awful. The management all the way to the top are only out for the money. Lies everywhere. If you are an honest person and want to work the correct way, don't work here. Only people who lie and break the rules will last. You have to be willing to tell lies on people and help them lose their job in order to be liked. I Feel bad for the clients. They get the bad deal along with the people who are losing their jobs for doing their job. Sad that even the upper management outside of the building will not help. HR is useless too.
Good workplace
Unit Treatment Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLOctober 7, 2018
Escorting customers to and from various activities. Assisting others and proving excellent customer service. I learned how to assist with the daily needs of others.
Pros
Caring for others
Cons
Overworked
relaxed enviroment and coworkers helpful
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ware, MASeptember 10, 2018
the co-workers I have in ware are amazing and helpful we are always talking about how we can make things better. I love that I am able to be creative and productive
Bhg
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paris, TNSeptember 4, 2018
Crazy hours
Okay Patients
Staff Great to work with
Management in office tries to do the best they can
It's just a stressful job trying to help people all day over all an okay job if you like early hours and different attitudes everyday all day
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
hours and time off
Good Job
TCM/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hazard, KYAugust 14, 2018
This is a good job, but the pay is not enough to live on in this area and it is nothing compared to some of the similar jobs in the area. Otherwise, it is a very laid back good work environment.
BHG Citico
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 28, 2018
This is the first job where I didn’t feel like I had to walk on eggshells . It’s very laid back and management doesn’t treat you like your beneath them . You get to see the progress in patients and the hours are nice . The company should really compensate their employees better for all they do and deal with but overall this is a great place to work .
Pros
Great hours, family environment, approachable management
Cons
Pay
Good but can pay better
Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 6, 2018
I worked at BHG for almost 2 years and I can say it was challenging and rewarding. Pay wasn't the best, but I loved my coworkers and really grew attached to my caseload.
Pros
Work hours, benefits, work environment.
Cons
Pay
Could improve
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 7, 2018
This job is rewarding, but the caseload is overbearing, poor communication, no established safety plan or security of any form, no overtime allowed, and low pay
Pros
Rewarding, hours are great
Cons
No concern for employee safety, high caseloads, low pay, high-stress
Great Hours
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Pikeville, KYMay 6, 2018
Great working hours. Pay is low for the amount of work you do. Management is awesome. Fun place to work. Learn a lot from the doctors. Insurance is okay but not great.
Great Workplace
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Pikeville, KYApril 25, 2018
Very nice place to work and ability to help others in crisis. A typical work load is around 7 new patients and around 9-15 follow ups and is very easy to complete.
Serves its purpose
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 18, 2018
Enjoyed the job and working with the people. Very relaxed. Found it hard to trust people working with me at times. Constant gossip about one another. Salary wasn't good for making a living for the area.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
staff bickering
Could be totally rewarding if not for disparing type management style.
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 17, 2018
The experience of working with BHG is one that can serve to rewarding given the ability to help opioid dependent individuals to change toward a productive lifestyle. However the " Good Ole Girl " system that is in place at the Nashville location allows for their to be a disparity of treatment of staff and subsequently, patients of color. This behavior along warrants an investigation, even in the hiring practices. To those seeking treatment and to those people of color seeking employment , BEWARE. Lower management perpetuate this behavior and so many people of color are the victim of the culture that have existed in the Nashville facility; for quite some time.
Pros
experience of working with the population of clients
Cons
Sorority type management style.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about