Behavioral Health Network, Inc. Employee Reviews in Holyoke, MA

Over Stressrul
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 11, 2019
Working at BHN is extremely stressful. Management has no idea of what they ar doing. Work is changing on a daily basis and it it hard to keep up with what is going on. They pay is extremely low and definitel not worth what they want you to do.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
constant changes
A fun place to work
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 7, 2018
BHN gave me the ability to work independently and with a diverse population. It also provided me the experience of working with person of differing disabilities.
Pros
independence
Cons
driving
Excellent collaborative supportive environment.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 1, 2018
BHN was a great first PMHNP experience for a new grad. Hectic pace to provide med management follow-up and psych evals for adult population. However, providers can design their caseload to suit their lifestyle/family, i.e., schedule appts after 5pm, choose from all ages to work with desired population and multiple locations, option to choose 4 or 5-day work week. More paid time off is needed. Wonderful camaraderie with colleagues and support staff. Excellent supervision available as needed.
Good company
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 13, 2017
BHN is an good company there pay , raises and bonuses are really bad employees do not feel appreciated here. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with my individuals on a daily basis. BHN offers a lot of trainings that you will be able to benefit from that you can take and apply somewhere else if this is not a good fit. Also if you are not a good fit for 1 position they will let you try out something else to see if that fits you better they wont just fire you.
Pros
5 % off car insurance
Cons
employees do not feel appreciated.
Great place for a first time BH job
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAOctober 16, 2017
BHN Inc. has high turnovers and there is no structure. This is a great place to start in the mental health field but not worth staying for many years. No growth opportunity and the pay is a joke. Do not expect much from this company, just be realistic that things might not change or will take a long time to change (and by time you might have already left.) My department has a couple of strong and great supervisors but the company as a whole is not worth it.
Pros
supportive supervisors, great first experience in the mental health field.
Cons
low pay, unable to grow within the company, slow to or no improvments within the company
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAOctober 4, 2017
Some houses are less stressful than others. Staff is great to work with. Management is okay. Hardest part of job depends on needs of clients. Some clients need total care while others only need reminders or assistance.
No advancement opportunitities
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJune 16, 2016
Unless you are fee for service, you will have productivity. That means that you have to see a certain amount of clients per day. Is something that is possible but for the amount of pay is not worth it.
Pros
Fee for service
Cons
pay
Do not work there
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAApril 10, 2016
I always had to do work from home while off the clock. They are NOT for people with a family. While I enjoyed working with some people they are however no long employed with the company. The turnover rate is high and the pay is low. Work load is excessive.
My Experience
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMarch 12, 2015
I do enjoy working with the individuals I deal with on a day to day basis. I'm forever grateful for the experience and knowledge I have gained as a member of this team. I love my co-workers, and the job I have, as stressful as it can be sometimes. I now have achieved my BA in Psychology so I want to explore other options in the field that I chose for my career.
Pros
leadership skills, experience, gaining knowledge, learning mechanisms
Cons
On-Call weeks, long hours sometimes, changes happening in the company
good learning experience, supportive staff
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAApril 15, 2014
challenging job, but very supportive staff, good learning experience, nice facility