Behavioral Health Network, Inc. Employee Reviews in Springfield, MA

Poor
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 6, 2019
Please do not give my name in this to bhn
It was not s supportive environment lots of unnecessary gossip
Staff was mostly rude and I felt discriminated and Often had other staff talking behind my back
my education was not appreciated and I was often skipped for speaking at meetings
Nothing more to say

Thanks
Support System
Outpatient Clinician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MA 01105May 30, 2019
Bhn has a great support system for new and existing employees. At Child Guidance Clinic, it is like a family, with an open door system. That helps employees to feel supported.
Pros
One can pick up good expereince
Cons
Fee-for-service aspect is somewhat dawnting when clients dont show.
it a job for me
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 27, 2019
engaging with recovering individuals accompany participant to 12 step groups, pass medication, being respectful to other and monitor house for relapse and other behaviors
Pros
get to spend time with people that are changing their lives
Cons
have applied for many other position but have not advance.no room to grow
It's the opportunity to help someone get their life together and do a job that I love to do
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 24, 2019
I would truly recommend working at bhn and if I wasn't relocating I would still be there. I love the fact that it is a scratch kitchen and he gave me the opportunity to be very creative and produce my own menu and execute the food it was a pleasure working with the residents who helped clean the kitchen and kept it up 2 sanitation code
Pros
It's all a plus
Great place, needs new management
THERAPEUTIC MENTOR (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 9, 2019
great place to work, just struggled with management.
flexibility is great, health insurance isn’t great, but all other benefits are good.
Good training
A lot of opportunities to move up.
Information Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 15, 2019
Management is great, staff are well composed toward company vision. The best environment I've ever worked despite the complicated nature of the job.Company inspired pot-locks and great a networking environment.
Great training opportunities
LICENSED MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 26, 2019
I was provided with many training opportunities. I was able to collaborate with our psychiatrists and other therapists. I enjoyed the treatment team meetings.
Great co-workers (mostly), not so great management
LPN (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 24, 2018
I work per diem for BHN. Overall I have had a good experience so far. Other coworkers have not (due to management or toxic co workers), therfore turnover is quite high in nursing. My coworkers are supportive for the most part, we do work as a team. There is lots of gossip at work and co workers do talk behind other’s backs. Management is just okay, lots of turnover there as well. Management does not seem to be aware (or care) about gossiping of co workers, does not do anything to stop it. The only thing that I do not care for is being mandated. Being mandated for weather or occasionally is fine, however if there is a call out staff are mandated to stay, management does not/will not find coverage.
Pros
Supportive co workers
Cons
Being mandated, gossip
Very productive
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 18, 2018
AT BEHERVIAL HEALTH NETWORK WAS A VERY RELAXED JOB ENVIORMENT. I WAS INCHARGE OF THE MEDICAL RECORDS AND REALEASING INFORMATION to 3rd parties with authorization the customer of course and arrange appointments. Unfortunately I had to leave due to an emergency surgery that needed to be performed and I was not able to take time off because I wasn't there the enough time to take paid leave.
Pros
relaxed job
Cons
had to leave to quick
its good
Enrollment Specialist for One Care (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 21, 2018
its really good gives you opportunity to grow. very respectable very responsible. BHN really loves to help the community and always love to make a difference in peoples lives.
Recovery Specialist/ Counselor/Internship (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 2, 2018
I started as a Recovery Specialist and became a Counselor. My coworkers were extremely supportive. Learning to work in the Substance Use field changed my life.
Job culture was poor; employer did a poor job integrating employees.
Outpatient Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 26, 2018
Typical day at work was drab and atmosphere was less than harmonious. I learned to work independently and to get along alone. The workplace culture made employees feel as though some people made head-way, while others did not. The reason...who knows. Maybe they knew the right person. The hardest part of the job was lack of support from mid-management. Mid-level management was committed to upper management...that's all there is to it. The most enjoyable part of the job were the client success stories.
Pros
Not being mico-managed.
Cons
Lack of communication from management.
Very slow pace
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 26, 2018
Usually pulling client list and making phone calls to schedule appointments with prospecting client so we can enroll them if interested in One Care insurance plan, I explain all the great benefits of the plan.. It is client choice to enroll not pushing anyone to enroll to health plan that doesn't want too.
Fast pace environment
CLINICAL SOCIAL WORK INTERN (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 10, 2018
BHN provides many different services. My experience was in a very face pace setting where things can change in an instant. Must be quick on the spot thinker. Need to be flexible in order to keep up.
this place is horrible
Residential Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 5, 2018
This is a horrible place to work for. I learned nothing at this place. Horribly understaffed. Unreliable staff. The most dis organized place I have ever seen
Interesting place to work for.
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 4, 2018
Great place to work. Everyone works as a team. The supervisors are always doing something to make the job more suitable for our schedules. Always had weekly meeting to make sure everyone is on the same page.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Diverse and accepting co workers
Social Worker LICSW; MSW Outpatient Clinician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 1, 2018
Fast paced; diverse; lots of opportunities to do different programs and have different experiences. Fast paced clinic with timelines for paperwork and productivity requirements.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to develop your skills
Cons
Lots of paperwork; challenging to balance all required job requirements in 40 hours.
Associate Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 22, 2018
i Loved it, Great place to work, awesome opportunities for growth in your career and education. Always motivated staff to be better and resolve issues as a team
IT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 13, 2018
The management of this company did not proved support for recommended IT policies and recommendation. Resources were also not provided in a timely manner to accomplish projects and directives.
Pros
Time off
1st mental health job
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 9, 2018
I worked with woman who were coming out of substance abuse and toxic environments. I was able to grow past and beyond my limits and skills there. the one thing i learned was patience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Health Network, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.