Behavioral Health Works, Inc. Employee Reviews

Gain Great Supervision Experience
Associate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAOctober 8, 2018
Here at BHW, I've learned so much about how to be a supportive and resourceful Supervisor. I've learned what it takes to really mentor your BT's without coming across like you know everything and also being open and humble with your managers so that you stay transparent and continually molding into becoming the future CM/BCBA.
Pros
Not one day is alike so every day is a great challenge!
Cons
Drive time can be exhausting
Above Standard ABA agencies
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 8, 2018
I've been a BT for a few years and have tried the supposed top-notch agencies. They are not like BHW. The others was literally a place where you go part-time, have minimal supervision, and you feel lonely and depressed trying to spur yourself on each day. Not here at BHW. Each day is a bright and positive challenge.
Pros
Gain depth in experience and exposure through your teams!
Cons
Unpredictable schedule at times.
Wonderful
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 5, 2018
I just love it, it pays well, the employees are awesome and nonjudgmental, very flexible and client centered as well as employee protected. The hardest part is missing your clients when you leave
Well Rounded Opportunity
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 5, 2018
As a BT, I have been exposed to a variety of cases and had the opportunity to be a parent consultant as well which helped me put my foot in the parents shoes.
Pros
Put in your dues and be rewarded for them
Cons
Drive time is tough
Promotes From Within
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2018
Started here as a BI and am currently a Senior Therapist. I went through the different ranks as a BI, BT, Lead and now Senior BT. I have learned so much and see how much my supervisors poured into me!
Pros
Career Path for the long haul
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling requires you to be proactive
Team to help you develop
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 4, 2018
I love working here. I was a BT for a few years and wanted to get to the next step. Immediately when I shared with my supervisor, they were all on board to help me get there. They helped me prepare for my interview, look into schooling options for Masters. I was like taken aback by how helpful my team is. Elsewhere in my past, my other work places weren't this supportive, instead they felt pressured and didn't help me.
Pros
Everyone wants to help
Cons
Families can have tough days
Well Balanced Company!
Case Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 4, 2018
A place where you have a great support system within the clinical field and also with the administrative team helping you on the back end. Everyone seems so friendly and over time, that's just who they are!
Pros
Team That Will Work Together For Families
Cons
Drive Time
Great place to be!
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 3, 2018
It's a great place where you can both help kids with developmental disabilities and grow within yourself. The experience here is very rewarding and satisfying at the end of the day.
Pros
Amazing staff members with great spirits and work ethics! Very supportive!
Cons
Driving can tire you sometimes but it's better than sitting in front of the desk all day.
Competitive yet rewarding
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2018
This is a field that's growing as the world sees the need for more aba folks like myself. I love what I do and BHW is a place that rewards you for it. I know that I'm just starting as a BI so although I wished I would've been paid more I can't complain with all the benefits that I get.
Pros
Resourceful colleagues
Cons
Challenging days
On-Demand Support In The Field
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 24, 2018
With BHW, you have a lifeline support system through their r&d team that is always accessible for you when you're out in the field. You may feel like you're all alone but when you realize that they have technology with their live forum and a live person to chat with, you can rest in good hands.
Pros
Helpful team
Cons
Drive Time
Great place to be
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2018
I love working here. As a BI I started as an entry level therapist but I felt like I was valued as an individual. Each person showed so much care and patience with me. They're genuine people that really just want to help and make a difference.
Pros
No other place like it
Cons
Every day is different
Happy clients and happy employees
Associate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2018
I love what I do here as a supervisor. I have an opportunity to make a difference with the families I work with and also my BT's! And my CM's and CD's also take the time to check on me as well. On top of it, I feel like the admin team goes out of their way to make sure I feel like a part of the company. The benefits are great as my previous company did not provide even 25% of this. It shows they really go out of their way to help take care of us.
Pros
Great employees to work with and great benefits
Cons
Drive time and paperwork but that's part of the job.
They value each client!
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 12, 2018
I've seen it first hand. When we say we tailor our programs to each and every client, I've seen this take place. Although it's time consuming, it should be as we take each family very seriously. As a BT, I got to learn from my supervisor every detail that went into the treatment plan and understood why and how we were going to achieve it.
Pros
Each client and each employee counts
Cons
Drive time
Well-round organnization
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 12, 2018
In the ABA industry, you have a constantly changing schedule as you meet with different families and adjust to accommodate to their needs. BHW makes a big difference because on the back end they make it as consistent as possible with a strong support clinical structure and really helpful administration team that is always there to help me out.
Pros
Great clinical team structure to help me develop.
Cons
Drive time can be challenging
One of a kind place to work
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 12, 2018
BHW is a place where you help families and make a difference worldwide. It's a unique place to be. You have a great team of colleagues that truly care.
Pros
Workplace that cares.
Cons
Inconsistent schedule but that's part of this job.
Used to be great
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 27, 2018
Great place to get your foot in the door to get a feel of the field. Although communication is a huge issue on all parts. Some supervisors never answer and scheduling rarely replies. Getting hours are sometimes hard to do and BCBA's are constantly leaving. A lot of the job is learning on the spot and improvising.
Make a lasting difference. Joined a team that cares.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 23, 2018
I wanted to share what I just posted on another site as I truly believe that this company cares not only about their clients but also their employees. I've started as a BI and worked hard to grow within the company. I was transparent about what I needed to work on and what I excelled in. My managers and I were so different but played well together as we matched each others differences. I don't feel like I have to shrink back and not say anything but instead speak up and share my thoughts on ideas to make the programs more engaging. Sometimes, not knowing, I'd go a little too creative and would be gently guided back but at least I'm given the freedom to do so.
Pros
Great work culture. Inspires you to work hard and make a difference.
Cons
The nature of the business can be very stressful and you can get burned out. In this field, definitely rely on your clinical supervisors, we're here for you!
Positive Career Changing Place
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 23, 2018
This place has given me a new perspective on working, making a difference and going to school all at the same time. I have a great time, have flexible work hours and a team of colleagues that just love what they do and are super approachable with helping you out when you're new. It's a great place and I look forward to growing with this company!
Pros
Great place to work as a team and have time to yourself. Not stuck to an office.
Cons
Drive time can be tough but as long as you're prepared, then you can see the difference you're making.
Working with kids is great.
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 18, 2018
I love my clinical supervisor, she makes up for everything else the team lacks. She is always willing to help me when others don't have time. I love working with the kids and have learned so much from them.
Great supervisors
Lead Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 6, 2018
Loved the company, however, not enough hours and not enough pay for someone who has over 8 years of experience in ABA. Also, the clients were close to home, which was good, but posed a problem when both clients were scheduled on the same day because they were located on complete opposite ends of where I was.
Pros
Great supervisors, professional
Cons
Minimal hours and low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Health Works, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3