Behavioral Health Works, Inc. Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Enjoy what you do!
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 9, 2018
A place where you get to enjoy what you do. Ever since I was little, I knew that I wanted to be a BT. I served kids with special needs since my high school job shadowing days and loved every moment. My parents mentioned how raising kids is the most challenging but most rewarding thing you'll ever do. Although I'm not a parent, this is the closest I can get to it currently as I see all the kids as part of my extended family.
Pros
Team work and feel supported by your team
Cons
Drive a lot
Wish I didn't have to relocate!
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 9, 2018
I recently relocated and had to look for a new opportunity. I wished that I could've relocated to an area that BHW is already set up at. It's tough having to start all over again but I will take all the life lessons I've learned at BHW to my new agency. I don't think there will ever be a place like it but I will be strive to take what I've learned here and share it with my new colleagues.
Pros
Promotes within and collaborative
Cons
Lonely but that's the life in ABA
The worst
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CA 94541July 2, 2018
I have never seen a company that is so disorganized and dysfunctional. Save yourself the headache. You won't advance in your career, you likely won't get a pay raise over the 5% (50 cents) for inflation. You won't get feedback on your performance. You will want to quit until you eventually do.
Pros
I can't think of any off the top of my head
Cons
Poor management, disorganized, treats staff poorly, does not work toward improving
BT's dream job!
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 25, 2018
You get a flexible work schedule and as a college student, you definitely need that to survive and excel in both work and school. My only advice is plan ahead, plan ahead, plan ahead! This will be to your advantage. Don't leave things to chance and give your supervisors plenty of time to help you. They have a ton of other BT's they have to support so you have to be understanding.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great team environment, lots of smart and approachable people to help you!
Cons
Drive can be tough as you're going to and from clients' homes but that's the nature of this job.
Fun exciting and challenging as a supervisor
Case Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 25, 2018
BHW is the place where you learn, grow, get challenge, challenge others and know that for every single day, you're making a difference. I can't believe how much I've grown while being here.
Pros
Teamwork type of environment. No one is alone.
Cons
Supervising is challenging and demanding so just be prepared as it's part of the job.
High Quality Care for Clients!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 18, 2018
I love working here at BHW where we provide the best care for our clients. I enjoy working with a team that tries to be the best agency around because we all do our part in helping our clients.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
long hours and drive time. I just listen to my podcasts to make the drive go faster!
Bhw is awesome!
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 14, 2018
My job as a behavioral therapist is a very rewarding experience.
I love working with my clients and seeing them progress over time. This is a great job for college students like me who have a flexible schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule with great pay.
Cons
long drive time and takes a while to get full time hours.
Site Manager, Elwyn (Former Employee) –  Morton, PAJune 12, 2018
Good atmosphere in working with others learning and supporting youth. Good training always to prepare staff for the work environment. Training help to prepare staff for the difficult task of working and supporting the needy students
Pros
free lunch at times
Cons
short breaks
June 18, 2018

Dear Reviewer - Thank you so much for sharing and yes, unfortunately the breaks are short but please note that we do highly encourage that you take all of your scheduled breaks according to what HR has provided you. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to your local HR Liaison. We greatly appreciate your feedback and if you ever have any other ideas or suggestions to improve to make this a 5.0 experience for you, we're always open for new ideas. You can reach out to us directly at improvements@bhwcares.com or call us at 800.249.1266 Ext. 125. Thanks again!

BHW Cares!
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJune 12, 2018
I love that there is a great team dynamic amongst staff in a casual and very caring work environment here at BHW. There is a good balance between independent/team work settings and tasks. I Learned a lot here as a BT!
Pros
Great Pay and Great Staff!
Cons
Draining but rewarding job!
Learn Real-World ABA Here!
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 10, 2018
BHW is a place where you not only learn a lot but you also get to apply it right away. With your colleagues, clinical team, supervisors and then with the families. Afterwards, you get continuous feedback on what went well, what didn't, how to improve. It's a crazy awesome experience that I'm never sitting still.
Pros
Never stop learning here. My colleagues are so supportive.
Cons
Can be quick-paced so make sure you take quick breaks from time to time.
fun and best spot for bt, a techy startup company
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJune 10, 2018
This is the BT's best spot to be. You get flexible schedule so you can fit in those college classes. Then you get awesome supervisors that give you all the support you need. The company feels like a techy start up company and they are! All the data we take are on the cool tablets that we get upon passing our final.
Pros
not much paperwork, all on tablets now!
Cons
communication can be tough with all clinical team in the field.
fun and relevant work experience
Senior behavioral therapist (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 8, 2018
overall great company to work for but could use work in department of upper management retention and supervision/management of field therapists. friendly and efficient team once all members are on board.
June 18, 2018

Dear Reviewer - Thank you so much for sharing. We greatly appreciate your feedback and if you ever have any other ideas or suggestions to improve to make this a 5.0 experience for you, we're always open to listening. You can reach out to us directly at improvements@bhwcares.com or call us at 800.249.1266 Ext. 125. Thanks again!

June 18, 2018

Dear Reviewer - Thank you for your comment and suggestions on upper management retention and supervision/mgmt of field therapists. Sounds like you may have some great ideas, can you reach out to us at improvements@bhwcares.com or call us at 800.249.1266 Ext. 125. We'd love to hear your thoughts, thanks for sharing.

Nothing like it yet!
Case Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 8, 2018
I've worked with a few ABA agencies and there's nothing like working for and with BHW. This agency is a stellar 5-star company because they operate with excellence and work alongside their clients with the utmost care. I know every company has it's challenges but this place seems to take it in stride. It doesn't seem to jostle them one bit because they know their focus is on helping families!
Pros
Great synergy with the clinical team!
Cons
Challenging environment if you're not on top of it!
collaborative team environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 8, 2018
I greatly enjoy working at this company. They work hard and play hard. I truly believe they give every ounce of their work day into finding out what works best for the family. I personally witnessed it when I joined as a supervisor. All of my sup colleagues love what they do, believe in making a difference for our families and same goes to the team of BT's and my supervisors! I
Pros
place to learn grow and have fun
Cons
challenging place to fake the funk. don't sign up if you just want a paycheck.
flex schedule great for college students and beyond
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 8, 2018
this is a great place to not only have a flexible schedule to adapt to the demands of college life but also provide the space for you to meet new people and really learn what you're made of. i would stay here until retirement if i can so i'm going to give it everything i got here.
Pros
great team ambiance. you're not alone.
Cons
sometimes gets a bit too competitive but that's a good thing too.
Promotes from within
Lead Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 8, 2018
A company that truly invests in their internal employees first before looking elsewhere. I'm an example as I came in as a BI, then advanced within to a BT and then to a lead BT.
Pros
Great place to advance
Cons
Communication can be improved
Get paid High Rates!
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2018
I learned very much from this job. I found myself joy and blessed. BHW is a big company and the management is very organized. I liked this job because you get to work with all types of people.
Pros
Rewarding job with great company culture!
Cons
Sometimes the clients cancel
June 18, 2018

Dear Reviewer - Thank you so much for sharing and yes, we love our job too! Yes, we have an amazing staff, both clinical and admin, that make it happen for our families. Unfortunately, as part of the job, clients do cancel sometimes but depending on the cancellation, HR and Payroll might be able to work something out so please reach out to them for the specifics. But if you have any additional suggestions on how we can improve to make this a 5.0 employer experience for you, we're always open for new ideas. You can reach out to us directly at improvements@bhwcares.com or call us at 800.249.1266 Ext. 125. Thanks again!

Get paid High Rates!
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2018
Pros
Rewarding job with great company culture!
Cons
Sometimes the clients cancel
Great Job as a College Student!
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2018
Excellent work environment. I have learned to much working here over the years. Provide lots of services for kids with autism. I'm planning to get my BCBA so it's great bc I can get discounts from National University! Love the positive vibes here!
June 18, 2018

Dear Reviewer - Thank you so much for sharing and fingers crossed about your upcoming BCBA exam! Yes, we do our all to ensure that our BHWers get the care they deserve by providing a ton of benefits! If you have any additional suggestions on how we can improve to make your experience as a college student a 5.0, please let us know. You can reach out to us directly at improvements@bhwcares.com or call us at 800.249.1266 Ext. 125. Thanks again!

A place where your hard work is recognized
Case Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 6, 2018
Gotta say I love this place. I work hard and folks recognize it. I guess you get immediate feedback from your clients when you don't provide what they were looking for. I value all of the clinical and ops people that I get to work with on a daily basis. They help me deliver services to my clients. And of course, no tech work is always perfect so I'm happy to have a team of BHWers behind me. I know I'm not alone when I work here.
Pros
Hard work is recognized. Promote from within.
Cons
More communication to clinical supervisors.