Behavioral Health Works, Inc. Employee Reviews

Lack of communication between management/no benefits for part-time employees
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2019
I enjoyed working with the families I worked with. It was a challenging job going into a new field with no experience. I didn't receive hands-on training. The hardest job was feeling that my work was not enough in the opinion of the supervisors I had, which made me leave the job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management/travel time with traffic
Good Job, if you have a degree
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 16, 2019
I work here without a degree and enjoy it because the job itself is enjoyable, but without a degree, you get paid fairly little for the amount of work that you do.
In home therapy usually by yourself or with a small team of 2-3 people
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2019
Overall working for this company wasn’t too bad. Could use a little more guidance and trainings for the in home therapy you provide. 2 weeks of training and they kind of just throw you out there. Great learning experience and you get to work with some amazing kiddos.
Pros
Great families. Okay pay
Cons
A lot of miscommunication within the company and case managers, BT’s and the director
Overall good experience
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 28, 2019
It's been a good experience overall working here. The staff and supervisors have been very helpful towards getting me certified and hope others can have a similar experience.
Pros
Good company, staff and supervisors. Company that is organized and open to hearing their employees
Cons
Scheduling can sometimes be stressful and requires driving
Work that matters
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 23, 2019
After going through a bad work experience at my previous company, i can def say that BHW has been a good company to work at so far. The people are generally really nice here, and overall see how the company is looking to making a positive impact with families.
Pros
Being a part of making a positive impact in families
Cons
Self-discipline and hard work
Career Jump Start
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2019
After working here for a little over a year now I can safely say that it's a big and growing company that seems to be on top of what they're doing. Definitely have areas to improve, but as a whole i think it's a pretty safe place to start your career.
Pros
Great staff support, and RBT cert
Cons
Client cancellations last minute, and scheduling
Love my team
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Strong growing company that has great teamwork, and mission. I really enjoy working with my coworkers here and have made a few good friends along the way. Although I'm part-time, I enjoy the flexible hours, but not a big fan of driving.
Pros
Good teamwork and support system
Cons
Not a fan of the driving involved
Solid Experience
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Didn't know what to expect, but after working here for over a year I would say it's a good company to work for if you're looking to make an impact with families.
Pros
Big company with good support system
Cons
Scheduling can be a bit more consistent, but you just have to be more proactive
Great training experience and get RBT certified
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 8, 2019
My region requires RBT's and although I came in without it, BHW clinical team helped me get certified with my hours. I enjoy working with my supervisors as they're very supportive and helpful.
Pros
Making a difference for families each session
Cons
Schedule is inconsistent but just stay on top of it with your scheduling team.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAJanuary 4, 2019
I have honestly never worked at a company that cares so much about not only their clients but their employees as well. They really make you feel wanted and apart of the team.
Get RBT Certified
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 3, 2019
My hours and training all count towards my RBT. The clinical staff are awesome. They help me along the way, get better and all the people in the admin team help me get the items submitted so I'm RBT'd.
Pros
1-1 hours and training count towards your RBT
Cons
Drive time is a challenge but once you get used to it and know that you're not alone, it's well worth it.
Launch career here
Case Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 3, 2019
I've started as a bi and have worked my way through bt and now as supervisor. I'm studying hard for my BCBA but just realized how far BHW has taken me along the way. They mean it when they say they care about your development.
Pros
Careers are made here
Cons
Inconsistent schedule but that's part of the industry. Keep your scheduling team updated!
Hit or Miss with Management
Registered Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 31, 2018
Too many departments to work with, where the people seem young or immature. (Depending on who you work with and in which department) I always felt rushed.
All they care about is growth
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CADecember 28, 2018
Toxic environment where no one cares about the clients and all they care about is making money.

Lots of turnover in both the admin and clinical space
Get hours towards your BCBA!
Case Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 19, 2018
BHW is an efficient streamlined company. I witnessed this when I see how well laid out they planned out the career pathway for incoming supervisors who are aspiring to become a BCBA. They make sure that we put in our 101% into our cases but also help us out by having these supervisor hours go towards our BCBA! Definitely not a company to go on a cruise control and I'm so glad they're not b/c I feel stretched, challenged and invigorated every day b/c I know I'm adding value here!
Pros
Every session makes an impact on your BT's and your families!
Cons
Tough schedule if you're coming from a 9-5 corporate job.
Full Time Support
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 19, 2018
As a new BT I love the full time support I get from my clinical team. They use Slack and it's been a huge life saver. I remember when I first started until now. We had a lot of overlaps, great training to reference online, and a team of folks online to help on Slack.
Pros
Witness first hand the positive change you're making
Cons
Emotionally draining so just be prepared and don't ever take critique or tough days personally.
Fun and Fast-Paced
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 17, 2018
This place makes work fun, fast-paced and also very rewarding. I love what I do each day. i learn a lot and am spent, in a good way, when I get home. I know I gave that day my best.
Pros
Families love working with us and you see this behind the scenes as well!
Cons
Emotionally tough although it's super rewarding
Reward and Exciting
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 17, 2018
Not one day is ever the same here. I love how supportive the clinical team is with getting me trained and there really is no such thing as a stupid question. All of my peers are willing to lend a helping hand.
Pros
Scheduling Team that goes over and beyond to accommodate to your availability.
Cons
Very emotionally draining but each second utilized is another life that's positively impacted.
Short-timer
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 15, 2018
Regretfully I only worked for BHW for a short period of time. But, while I was employed there the staff and support was awesome! I enjoyed working with my client and the family.
Pros
Awesome training and Free Snacks!
Getting hours to fulfill my BCBA!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 14, 2018
Just excited that all the time I'm putting in as a supervisor not only gets applied towards my BCBA but also pays me for my time! Now I have the remaining time to study for my BCBA!
Pros
Supportive leadership that is always willing to help me out
Cons
Not an easy field but very rewarding at the same time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Health Works, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4