Behavioral Health Works, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very supportive and extremely knowledgeable staff. Very flexible and willing to work around students’ schedules.
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 10, 2018
I highly recommend BHW to all new and current Therapists. The pay and benefits are greater than most ABA companies and they are a large company with offices across the state. The training is very comprehensive and thorough so as to assure Therapists are knowledgeable of approved practices such as DDT. The office staff and Therapists combine for a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere, and scheduling is very flexible.
Pros
Great pay, excellent training
Cons
Lack of support on client cases in some instances
Get hours towards your BCBA
Associate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 10, 2018
This place works like a well-oiled machine. I always hear people make this reference but not until now have I actually witnessed what that means. Admin folks are always there to help, Clinical team is the same. My CM is always finding ways to help me become better and a nice bonus is all of my weekly hours that I put in can be applied towards my BCBA. I'm studying hard now to keep going to put in my part for BHW.
Pros
Clinical team of leaders is supportive and go over and beyond for their teams.
Cons
Highly demanding industry given our clientele. Got to be mentally and physically ready and prepared.
I just got RBT certified!
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Seattle,December 7, 2018
Working with BHW has been such a relief. From previous agencies that would require hoops to go through just to get started has been very smooth and easy. One example is recently, I just got my RBT certification! My hours were applicable for my certification and all the training materials is already certified for this!
Pros
Training is RBT certified and the staff is great to work with
Cons
Schedule is not consistent as in this industry, your schedule is filled with meeting with different clients .
Get Support Around The Clock
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 6, 2018
My experience at BHW has been nothing but great. I've been through 2 other ABA agencies before this and they can't compare. If I just mention one trait, BHW uses technology to the max. My training is all online and I have access to help from my peers and also the helpful R&D team that connect with me using Slack. This forum has been a lifesaver and more importantly, the people behind the scenes making me feel like I'm not alone. Thank you!
Pros
Lots of communication. Uses Slack to help clinical team!
Cons
Not enough hours in a day to do more.
Get Supervision Hours Applied To Your BCBA!
Case Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 6, 2018
BHW is a place that runs smoothly and efficiently. While I work and support my staff through providing overlaps, I can also apply my supervision hours towards my BCBA that I'm currently studying for! Super helpful. I have a great team of people I'm working with and am excited to take this next step in my career with BHW.
Pros
Apply sup hours towards your BCBA!
Cons
High workload and high demand but it help develop your skills quicker and you get a ton of support!
Smart Professional and Friendly
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2018
A place where you want to stay long term! I first came in a little intimidated as everyone I worked with are super smart, super professional. But as I talked with them and just asked honest questions like I'm new as a BI, can you help me improve here or what's your take on that, I saw each person just open up and want to help out. This place is different b/c not only are they smart and professional but their friendly and genuinely care for each person.
Pros
Cares about their employees
Cons
Drive time can be tough at times, especially when there's a lot of traffic. But just plan ahead.
ABA With Cool Tech Feel
Lead Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 5, 2018
Setting foot at BHW headquarters was quite the experience. Reading all the great stuff that has been done and finally getting the opportunity to land an interview! They mean what they say. From the website to getting into the details with my HR documents and getting trained online, it's an ABA company that has a great tech feel to it.
Pros
ABA company that uses smart technology for almost everything they do.
Cons
Not for the ones that are looking to just clock in and out.
Make positive change in lives affected by Autism
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 3, 2018
I'm taken aback when I realize that I have the opportunity to positively change our clients lives through ABA treatment. BHW has entrusted me to deliver services! It's an amazing feeling but emotions aside, I know they take each one of us very seriously as they make sure we're properly trained, supported with overlaps and my supervisor also always goes out of their way to see how I'm doing. It's a great sense of a team.
Pros
Make a life change every day.
Cons
Drive time.
Accommodating and Tech Friendly
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 3, 2018
A place that is not like any other ABA agency I've been with. BHW goes out of their way to accommodate and make our schedules work with our families. The scheduling team are so friendly I can see them as my extended set of friends now! Also, they make tech access super easy and friendly so if I need to ever reference anything, I can go back and look up.
Pros
People are fun to work with. have a lot of support!
Cons
Up and down schedule. Just need to stay proactive and in touch with scheduling on regular basis.
Wished I was still at BHW!
Lead Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 30, 2018
I had to move and join another ABA company. I wished I was still at BHW. Having been with 2 other popular ABA companies, I can say that BHW was and still is the best out there.
Pros
Great colleagues and great support from the office! People are in it to help you!
Cons
Drive time which is standard for our industry
Unique company that genuinely cares for people
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 27, 2018
A place that cares for not only families but for the employees to grow and yes, keep growing/learning/excelling. They want to keep people here forever if they could. They have a Career Pathway that's laid out clearly for you to see where you might want to go, whether it's clinical or administration.
Pros
thankful for people i've met here and a great place that cares about developing you
Cons
fast paced and competitive. so even though it's a con it's also a pro.
Thanking my clinical team!
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 26, 2018
Sometimes a break from the routine helps me take a step back and really see what's been going on. I was initially pouting about my role as a BT but spending the last few days with my sisters, I had a lot to be thankful for. They helped me see that all of the training, learning growing I've been experiencing is a once in a lifetime opportunity. And the fact that I'm entrusted to provide ABA services is a privilege not a right.
Pros
Smart people that care about our clients.
Cons
Drive time and administrative paperwork but it just needs to get used to.
Grateful and Beyond Content
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 25, 2018
Reminded of how much I have to be thankful for. Being with family and loved ones the last few days put things into perspective. I met a few folks that currently just lost jobs as BT's and they helped me realize that I shouldn't take this job for granted.
Pros
Great place to learn and grow but don't expect to be hand held.
Cons
Very fast-paced, lots of clients needing our help, need to be proactive.
The place to learn, grow and repeat every day!
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2018
BHW is a community where people that want to make a difference can truly shine and help each other out along the way. I love the team feel and it's also fun and fast paced so every day is very different.
Pros
Everything you do has an impact on our families.
Cons
Fast paced culture. Just plan ahead and keep your manager in the loop!
Super techy and helpful colleagues
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 19, 2018
I just love each moment I have had so far as an RBT. When I had my interview to now about a few months later, I'm still loving it. These folks are on the cutting edge making a difference for our families. Super grateful for BHW to have given me this job!
Pros
Make a direct impact with families and have the staff that has your back.
Cons
Drive time. Schedule is inconsistent. Part of ABA world.
Great work experience!
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2018
I appreciate the opportunity I'm getting here at BHW. The team is very supportive and helpful. When I need help with my cases, there are a lot of people available to lend a helping hand.
Pros
People are here to make a difference.
Cons
Can feel overwhelming with lots of information to learn.
Accommodates to college students
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2018
As a college student, my schedule seemed all over the place. When I was up front and informed my manager when I had an opportunity at BHW, they said no problem, we'll work with it and they did just that. The service team followed up the next day, confirmed my schedule and we were off with my cases.
Pros
Service team is amazing and so are my managers
Cons
Drive time
Ease of access to training
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 16, 2018
As a new hire RBT, I wanted to reference my training material after our onsite training. BHW made it easy and secure for me to do so by making it available online.
Pros
Comprehensive training and staff support
Cons
A lot of material
Behavioral Therapist's Real-World Experience
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CANovember 13, 2018
A place like BHW doesn't come by often. It's a one of a kind company b/c it's so different from my experience with 2 other ABA agencies I've been with. The folks here genuinely care about what they do. I was a little caught off guard by it but after having worked here for over 3 years and the 'honeymoon' has been lifted long ago, I still see it here and love it. It's obvious that the company cares for families and they want to remain in business so they can help more families for the long haul. Can't believe I got this gig.
Pros
Flat organization. Staff regardless of title are really friendly and approachable.
Cons
Very challenging but who wants a stagnant work place?
Behavioral Interventionist Opportunity
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 13, 2018
I am glad I got a job here at BHW. They are flexible and very accommodating. When I had the opportunity when they offered me a job, I mentioned that I"m currently a student and go to school full time. They connected me with the scheduling team and we sorted out the schedule so that I can progress at school and as a bi! This is a tough field b/c not one day is the same and we have to constantly adjust and the same with the scheduling team. As long as you don't expect to be hand held each step of the way and show dedication and follow up, you'll be more than fine. You will go very far here as I'm already being recognized for little things like turning in my timesheet on time.
Pros
Collaborative atmosphere. People like to help each other.
Cons
No days are the same.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Health Works, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4