Behavioral Health of the Palm Beaches Employee Reviews

Don't work here
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLApril 14, 2018
Horrible owner who will be your best friend then turn on you in split second. He it's also trying to sell the company so no job is safe. Do yourself a favor and work somewhere else.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Owner and management are horrible
Stressful and competitive
ARNP (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 6, 2018
I was also not happy with the lack of collaboration of the support staff, and well as the other providers. The expectations of 12 or more Initial Psychiatric Evaluations were unrealistic and untenable. There was no understanding by management.
Behavioral Health of the Palm Beaches
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 27, 2018
Behavioral Health of the Palm Beaches is one of the few behavioral healthcare organizations in the country with its own research and development department. R & D department is dedicated to continuing the active study and development of new and innovative addiction treatment models for the patients in an effort to reduce the chance of relapse for their future.
Unstable work environment
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 13, 2018
I worked for the company for almost 6 years. consistent changes over the course of those years, but not for the better. The company went from being very family oriented to corporate, which in my opinion doesn’t translate well when you’re in the business of healing. I began to feel I was being taken advantage of as the company would continually lay staff off increasing the workload for those who were left behind and when I would voice my concern I was met with resistance and had my ability to carry my workload questioned. Management changed so often I often felt like I had no one to turn to for guidance as no one was familiar with my job or how to do it effectively. To sum it up, overall the experience left a bad taste in my mouth but I did learn a lot through out the years. The highlight was my daily interaction with patients.
Pros
Flexible, good pay, patient interaction
Cons
Unorganized, cut throat, unstable
Overall, the staff and employees' main focus was the clients
Assistant Director/Lead Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 2, 2018
Overall, the work environment was conducive to helping the clients get treatment and learn how to cope outside of the treatment center. Therapists met daily to discuss and review the current and upcoming cases in the clinic. We were kept up to date on the clinical procedures, the insurance compliance and everything necessary to run a professional and effective organization.
Day at work
RN Medication Administration/Admission (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day at work started with nurse to nurse report, then medications were administered, throughout the shift we get a lot of admissions, a lot of difficult patients, mentally challenging type of work, but the enjoyable part of my job was to see my patients recover. The hardest part was dealing with angry and irritable patients, but once you know how to deal and approach those type of patients, work gets more enjoyable.
Pros
Pto
Cons
lack of career opportunities
Favorites are played at this company. Management is terrible!! And they only are only fair and nice to those who suck up to them.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 1, 2018
This company is a horrible place to work. You may like it when you first start but trust me you will quickly change your mind. No one is treated fairly! And you literally have to kiss a** to be able to have a normal work environment. Not worth your time. Life is too short. Move along and keep looking.
great place to work
Admissions Coordinator/ Alumni Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLJanuary 29, 2018
excellent place to work and grow with. I have been a part of this company for over 8 years, and have advanced over the years. I love what BHOP stands for and would highly recommend working here.
Pros
great benefits
The mighty have fallen
Clinical Staff Member (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2018
This used to be one of Florida's premier Recovery Facilities, however, it has long since fallen. The CEO does not invest much in marketing, or it's people anymore. It used to be alive with different activities, and trainings, and now they do the bare minimum to maintain patients and staff. There is zero investment in the staff except for your standard benefits like dental vision and medical.
Pros
Cafeteria has a freshly cooked meal daily
Cons
The company is now doing the minimum required to maintain its profitability.
Great place to work if you are a team player
Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLJanuary 5, 2018
Some of the kindest most professional people I've ever worked with here. If you are a team player, honest and willing to work hard there are no real limits. I have seen people go from being college interns, to therapist and then department directors. I've seen several former patients work their way up from entry level positions into management over the course of 4-6 years through hard work.

I've seen at least 4 Admissions Coordinators move on from here into director positions at other treatment programs. That's how thorough the clinical interviews are and how much knowledge they gain. They will give ANY person who is honest and works hard an opportunity to prove themselves. I've been here for more than 8 years and worked in three departments, so I know this place as well as anyone. Most of the complainers you see here had very limited time and a limited view, read what they say carefully and take it with a grain of salt.

The reality is this is a very ethical company in a field where many aren't. I can work any place I want but I've chosen to remain here because they have nurtured my career and given me opportunities based on merit. I can't imagine working with a better group of people, really and truly. The South Florida treatment industry has gotten a black eye from disreputable and shady players, this place is the polar opposite of the scummy halfway houses pretending to be rehabs. You'll find few programs that have been around for 20+ and have the reputation BHOPB does.
Pros
Great co-workers and work environment, opportunity for hard work and honesty
Cons
Times are tough for rehab industry as a whole, there have been some layoffs just like every other place
My day working at office
Medical Biller and Coder (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, FLJanuary 3, 2018
I worked on billing psych for hospital and doctors. I loved correcting
claims that were not paid. The staff was great and the doctors were
easy to talk to and work with. The hardest part of job was learning
all the different computer programs. The most enjoyable part of
job was that I loved what I did. A typical day was getting in early
and getting claims ready to enter into computer. Greeting any new
patients who arrived early. Making sure all machines were turned
on and working properly. The staff always that came to work were
up beat and ready to put in a good work day.
Pros
free lunch meetings, dress down on Fridays, holiday parties.
Cons
short breaks
Fun and Challenging at times
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLOctober 16, 2017
Taking phone calls and helping people and loved ones get into treatment for alcohol and substance abuse treatment. The people who worked there are very personable and easy to get along with. I was expected to work a lot of long hours and take on call several days a week.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLOctober 10, 2017
I loved my co workers. Great work environment. By far the best place i have worked. some changes to facility, but great place to work. benefits expensive but no different from any other company. If i hadn't moved to another state i would still be there.
Pros
great staff
Cons
resent changes to facility
Great work culture good pay
BHT (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 1, 2017
I would highly re commend this company to anyone who is intrested in the substance abuse field and needs a reliable long term job. It is a great place to learn, and offers good benefits and professional mangement. Work culture is fun fast paced, and alowes for independent work without the micromanaging however support is always available if needed.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Outdoors work, exposure to the elements
Great coworkers, poor management.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lake worth, FLSeptember 2, 2017
The best part of the environment is your coworkers. Across the board they are the foundation of the facility and make it moderately more manageable. Management was amazing before major changes occurred this year, job stability is poor as it goes through major changes regularly and often the better management staff gets thrown under the bus. You're often asked to do more work than you feasibly have time for. The more you show you care the more they take advantage of you and continue asking you to do more. Some higher ups care about clients but are overthrown by even higher management and client care isn't a priority. Favoritism undoubtedly occurs and is beneficial if you're favorited but otherwise can become a major issue. Working with the clients was rewarding and fulfilling but with the stress of the job you can lose sight of that at times. The salary was nice but not worth it. You either work 50+ hours and have good client care or you sacrifice the wellbeing of your clients, have poor quality work, and work your 40 hours. Also if you are working on your license, you cannot get supervision here. There is no qualified LMHC supervision and the LCSW supervision is unethical.
Pros
Coworkers are great and supportive, clients are resilient and rewarding to work with
Cons
Poor management, Lack of training, poor client care, lack of support, overworked, highly stressed, don't care about employees
Cleaning office and organizing the laundry room.
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 21, 2017
Behavioral health have a lot of properties and when they didn't have people to go to work , I covered for them. I also helped organizing supplies and I help my supervisors on what they needed.
Pros
Free lunch, they give medical insurance.
Cons
N/a
Excellent Company
COLLECTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLJuly 6, 2017
During my year I learned a lot, and everyone has the potential to do the same. However, due to the nature of the job, the type of people you have to work beside make things more difficult than they need to be. Not everyone is there for the patients, and so take the job seriously and it isn't the type of job you don't take seriously. The best part of the job is making a noticeable difference in a person's life. Even if you do see them come through the facility 3 or more times again, it is good to see that they remember you and most importantly what you've taught them, sometimes simply in leading by example when they see how management and other staff act toward each other. If you're about making a difference, then do it. The small victories made it worth it to me.
Good place to learn
Certified Behavioral Health Tech./Resident Manger (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 5, 2017
I liked working at BHOP. Good co workers. Much to learn.Good experience. Some managers better than others. Good food at a low cost.Good benefits.Some favoritism.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
favoritism
Stressful
Lead Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lake WorthJune 16, 2017
Management worked employees long hours more focused on number of clients verses the quality of care given to the client.
Performed to the best of one's ability but never good enough, they struggled to promote employees and demanded the more you gave the more they wanted.
Pros
learned alot and improved my skills in my field/area of study
Admissions coordinator
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLJune 15, 2017
Open ended promises, no communication, company is going down hill quick. Would be shocked if they are open another year at the rate there going. They are understaffed and it's clear clients run the facility.
Pros
Cons
Under paid, pay checks are consistently incorrect