Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

ABC Behavioral Health
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2018
I would lead groups for co-occurring clients and then I would document the progress and completing the required medical billing paperwork. I would report to my supervisor daily and staff meetings weekly as how progress was going with the clients. Conduct orientations of the facility. I served on the advisory board for my facility. This company was a relaxed and very comfortable place to work. The hardest part of my job was leaving due to not enough hours and moving out of state. The most enjoyable was working with my boss and peers, we were a community that took care of vulnerable clients in time of need.
Pros
Open door policy, being in a leadership roll, being an advocate for the clients.
Cons
NOt enough hours of work, not enough space for clients to attend groups.
Healthy
Senior Crisis Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage AKApril 9, 2018
I don't have any negative commentary to say about place of employment. The job has been more then satisfactory with great work colleague and management.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Chanlleging, productive and very rewarding
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLApril 4, 2018
Challenging and rewarding work environment that provides excellent opportunity for learning about behavioral tendencies. Equips Behavioral Health Technician with necessary skills to preform duties and interact with clients in a sensitive and professional manner. . Health technician are encouraged by management to educate themselves in all areas of behavioral health management and practice all discipline in the correct way. Having a healthy cultural environment among all personnel brings valuable care that helps to achieve the goals and vision of the company. Working with different personality types can sometimes be challenging but it is very rewarding to see clients graduate and take their place as productive members of society.
Pros
Awards for excellence work
Cons
may have to work long hours due to admintrative needs
Na
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York StateMarch 19, 2018
Working there was awesome. Coworkers are helpful, environment save, lists of team work. Overtime available; management a bit unstable at times with constant change in management
Don't waste your time
employee (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 6, 2018
If you like fairness, you won't like this place. Brutal working environment for people who do not brown nose the right people. Always have to watch your back here.
Not stressful environment
Youth Leader (Former Employee) –  Chinle, AZMarch 6, 2018
As a youth leader, a typical day consisted of presenting health statistics to the public at health seminars, public events, and trips around the Navajo Nation. The hardest part was traveling to get to a certain workshop for that particular day.
Pros
Hours were up to us
Cons
driving far
Flexible Hours for Administration
Director of Pride Program (Current Employee) –  Lehighton, PAFebruary 6, 2018
As an administrator, one can come and go as you please
The environment is lax
No micromanaging
Staff is great
Safety of staff from aggressive students is poor
Productive, busy, great place to work.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lamont, CAFebruary 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was coming in and knowing that everyday would be different. I helped clients via the phone and in person. I learned to help people who were in a crisis. The workplace culture was great. The hardest part of the job is never being able to catch up with the work. It was stressful at times.
Pros
excellent manager
Cons
If you clocked in or out a minute early you would get dinged.
Department can be stressful at times.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCJanuary 22, 2018
Understand that it's stressful, like all jobs nursing or not. I don't think its stressful like busy med/surg floor nursing. It's probably similar in stress levels to my other jobs in Home Health, Clinic, and OR. But the thing I like about psych nursing is that it's not about med/surg but more about medications, groups, and talking/listening to patients. I'm an excellent listener.
Great place to work for
Department Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 22, 2018
ubh is a great place place to work for. The benefits are good, and the people are good, everyone makes you feel welcomed. It is a great place to start out in the working world
ok place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZJanuary 15, 2018
It is an ok place to work. they have there pros and cons like any other job. if you like touchy feely they are the place for you. they do care a lot about their patients.
work
Integrated Health Care Worker (Current Employee) –  McArthur, OHJanuary 2, 2018
nice people, good hours. really like working close to home and with people that I have known all my life. co workers are wonderful and full of knowledge and love.
Clinician/Therapist Mercy (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 22, 2017
Good place to work. Challenging Work. Pleasant environment.
Good management. Excellent training. Competitive salary. Enjoyed helping patients to be able to return to community.
Great relaxing enviroment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 16, 2017
Staff was friendly and very helpful, this was a great place to learn new skills. Management team was extremely helpful when facing any questions or concerns, staff was great at working together to achieve daily goals.
Good employer / good staff
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 12, 2017
Excellent staff that really have the patient welfare at the top of mind. The atmosphere is positive and the staff are friendly.

They are striving to become a 5 star rated hospital.
N/a
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 11, 2017
It was an awesome place to work. Very fast paced. No slow days. Always busy from opening to closing. Most co-workers were awesome to work with, Very Chatty Kathy atmosphere.
Pros
Drug Reps bring in lunches, Awesome Doctors, Some Co-workers were awesome
Cons
No room for growth
Have to have a compationte understanding of mental health issues
Behavioral Health Technician/unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 23, 2017
BHC is owned by Indian River Memorial Hospital. In my 9yrs there, management continued to go downhill. IRMH hired managers that did not understand the meaning of safety for their employees. At times there are patients that are violent. I left because I got injured too many times by patients and there was not enough staff to assist me. There is no advancement or merit raises. I received $1.66 raise in 9yrs.
Pros
The patients and the empolyees I worked with
Cons
Lack of staffing made the unit unsafe
Engaging work with a great group of people.
IT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLSeptember 26, 2017
A typical day involved work that always demanded your focus and attention to detail. Always enjoyed working with my colleagues and management as we would take time out to have a good laugh but maintained a professional environment.
Excellent team work, well organized, well established policy of procedures and guidelines. .
Guam Behavioral Health & Wellness Center (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUSeptember 12, 2017
Friendly atmosphere. Great professional posture and outlook. Well rounded in helping their consumers. Stand firm on ethics code and confidentiality. Work well under stressful situations especially with consumers having a hard time with mood swings and dealing with the many disorders entering the facility.
Unrealistic work demands
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2017
Psychiatric CM program was newly developed and not completed when staff was hired. Very challenging to meet program demands and production hrs with many changes as you went along. Still a good company.
Pros
able to use your work experience
Cons
Poor training, unrealistic