Behavioral Innovations Employee Reviews

Focused more on money than people
DFW area center (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXAugust 8, 2018
Company does not value their staff at the centers. They are focused on billing as many hours to insurance as possible. The pay is very low, raises are tiny when given, PTO is a joke. Company accepts high turnover; they do nothing to fix the underlying issues, just give it lip service. Staff at the center was great, encouraging and helpful, but could only do so much due to corporate policies.
Pros
Center staff
Cons
Everything else
Low pay and little advancement unless you are a BCBA
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 17, 2018
BI is a neat place to work to get your basics of ABA. It's great what they do for the families and the kids with Autism. I loved my job in general! I HATED all the stress and drama. I was never given any of the initial raises that they tell you about when you are hired. "After you finish training; After X amount of months; After RBT exam"... My time there was mostly a joke. The facility is so small and it is way overpopulated with clients. Instead of 1:1 therapy, most of the time you have multiple kids at once. Hopefully now there is also better management.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Very low pay, Short or no breaks, Small facility/Overcrowding, Stressful environment
fun and interactive workplace with lots of toys
Certified Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 25, 2018
working for BI was such a great experience. It was by far one of the most enjoyable jobs I have had in a long time. I really enjoyed working with children in a one-on-one setting. This job gave me an opportunity to use my creativity and time management skills to their fullest potentials. The team at BI was always extremely helpful If ever needed assistance with lesson planning or project ideas. We often had team meetings that were focused on ways that we could improve as therapists. I would recommend this job to anyone who enjoys a friendly work environment and loves children.
Pros
friendly work environment, health care coverage, field trips
Newest Autism services company
manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2018
Austism services is the newest high growth behavioral health industry sweeping the country and Behavioral Innovations has a major stake in this trend. Besides rapidly growing, offering impressive opportunities it is on the forefront of being the very best in providing ABA therapy.
The clinical staff is dedicated, highly educated, ethical and the children they serve it their number one priority. The clinical staff training and development programs are in depth and comprehensive. The outcomes and the difference they make in the kids lives is remarkable. I am honored to work with such dedicated employees who love the children and families AND change lives.
I am excited to be apart of such a rapidly growing successful company with an awesome leadership team.
Pros
comprehensive benefits and great people
Cons
typical start up issues
Lowest pay in Aba therapy
RBT Therepist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 22, 2018
Management is horrible. Lack of communication and lowest pay in ABA. No PTO or paid holidays. Paid training but you can get that any where with $5-10 more pay.
Cons
Pto, pay, management
Fun place for working with kiddos
ABA THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXMay 7, 2018
A typical day includes a play-like atmosphere with the most special kids. I learned so much at this job, like patience and how to provide effective services. The management truly cares about their employees as well. The hardest part of the job is making sure that you do not miss anything in the child's therapy. There are days that can be difficult. But the good days far outnumber the hard ones. You are making a huge difference in a child's life.
Corp. wide issues/High turn over rate for a reason
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2018
Great “foot in the door” place if you have VERY minimal financial responsibilities. Will hire you with little to no experience/education. The kids are the best part of BI! This job requires a lot of patience and a passion for children. Some kids will engage in aggressive behaviors towards others however training is provided. Each location has a different culture/environment based on the employees and treatment managers keep that in mind. I have visited/worked multiple centers each having a different work environment. However the following statements are based corporate wide. Once employees receive experience (or their certification) they leave the company due to low pay rates($11 starting/training - $13 capout), no paid holidays, expected to work on christmas eve, horrible PTO system (gaining about 1 hour a paycheck), no sick days (even though you are working with multiple children in a center full of germs and there is always at least one kid sick each day), no guaranteed amount of hours (one week you can be FT the next week PT, which will affect your status as FT/PT for your insurance if you do decide to get it here), Benefits (are extremely expensive for the pay given to employees, for 401k the company does not match what you put). No room for growth after becoming an RBT, the availability for higher positions is unlikely. Usually understaffed so you aren’t always one to one, some days you will be expected to give therapy to more than one kid at once but you only get paid for running therapy on one meaning, pay is not equal to work you are required to do or that of other  more... ABA facilities in Texas. They do not pay their RBTs the average rate for the state of Texas. Please do your research and learn the average rate before accepting an offer. Always remember what you are worth because this company at a corporate level will not.  less
Pros
Great for experience, Flexible hours for students, Weekends off, help kids with special needs
Cons
Pay rate, No Paid Holidays, No Sick Days, No Vacation, Hrs not guaranteed, no room for growth, Benefits
Flexible Hours for Students and Creative, Fun, and Compassionate Team Atmosphere
Registered Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 2, 2018
A typical day can be stressful, but it can be a lot of fun and calls upon your creativity skills. There was great team effort and incentives, cultivating a team-oriented environment. Management was very helpful and supportive. This job is not for everyone, but if you enjoy working with kids, and have a special place for little ones who need extra attention and patience, this is a great job to gain valuable skills and build a resume while pursing further education and certifications. Although this job does not pay as well as other ABA companies, they do provide many resources, tools, and continue education necessary for providing effective therapy that are not typically provided at the other companies.
Pros
flexible hours, valuable experience and ABA education
Cons
low pay, limited benefits
Good starting place, not good long term
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 21, 2018
Immediate management is nice and works with employees, but the problem is corporate. Pay is not competitive, time off given is low, benefits are not that great, and really don't feel as though higher ups in corporate care about the clients... It's a good place to get your foot in the door, but the turnover rate is high for a reason.
Pros
provide RBT training
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Underpaid, no advancement, unethical, poor communication
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 22, 2017
While the ABA field is underpaid as a whole BI is one of the lowest paying clinics. Even raises are less than ideal. This is a entry level job and seems to be the case no matter what unless you hold a BCBA. If you do happen to get a promotion you really just increase responsibility and decrease in benefits. Because of the structure of BI any type of manager will typically take on the same responsibilities of a BCBA minus the lay and certification training. They want you to get so many tasks done in a week, but are unwilling to pay overtime. Lack of communication between each position level causing a lot of confusion and chaos.
Benefits
Cons
Unprofessional, unethical
Don't waste your time!
Employee (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 14, 2017
Horrible pay.
Benefits for employees are extremely expensive for the pay given to employees.
Everything is about who is friends with who
Manager partial to employees who are friends
Opportunities only offered if you are becoming a BCBA
They do NOt to hours for anyone getting masters unless its for BCBA
Discrimitative towards single parents
Lacks training
Too many people with titles and not enough support
Pros
Working with Clients
Cons
Everything listed
A great place to enter the field
Registered Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2017
I loved working at the BI location I was at, however, your overall experience at BI depends on the actual office you work at. The Westlake office has a great culture and management and has the lowest turnover rate in the company. Unfortunately, I have not heard such positive reviews from employees at other locations. Also, from what I understand, the pay is not competitive with the pay at other companies in the Austin area. I am still involved with the office and attend the socials they hold (not the ones paid for by the company, of course). I only left because there were very few hours available at the time and I needed a completely open schedule to gain experience hours for my SLPA hours. I'd love to work for them part-time when they have an open position again.
Rewarding work experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 13, 2017
BI is an innovative approach to therapy for children with autism and their families. It is a rewarding field to work in and the families are very appreciative.
Learning about the children and the field of ABA therapy was the only good part
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 5, 2017
I worked for B.I for a year. This is one of the most stressful jobs that i have had. The lack of support from those who are in lead positions is ridiculous. So many times you would be given a child that you know nothing about (behavior and programs). There was a lack of staff because everyone was quitting back to back. You are supposed to work with a child in a 1:1 setting, but since there were no employees there would be times where one therapist had 2-4 kids at one time making it impossible to give all your attention to one child. We were never given ANY of our raises unless you were one of the employees who were shown favoritism. You are promised a raise once you finish your Relias online training, then another one after you finish your RBT exam, and one more if you go from part time to full time. As many times as myself and my coworkers would inquire about our raises, we would be told "Ill look into it" and our BCBA/ manager never would.
Pros
Children, Freedom to run your session however you want
Cons
short breaks, very little pay comapared to any other ABA company in the DFW area, No support from lead team members and manager
Productive and Fun workplace
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXSeptember 23, 2017
This was a great place to work. Great environment to be apart of from staff to clients. The experience I received at this place was incredible. I hope to continue to build from that.
Pros
great work environment, weekends off
Cons
short lunches
Great place to learn and grow
Treatment Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthSeptember 15, 2017
I was with BI for 4 years and I loved it! Yes, it is not always an easy job but that should be a given. The company works with children with Autism in a ABA therapy setting. You will have days that you are basically getting hit, kicked, and there is a bunch of crying but it is our job to work through that and there are just as many great moments as there are tough ones. Being able to be apart of a center that cares for these children and getting to be part of the change in their lives is awesome.

I started out as a therapist and yeah the pay may not be the best but the opportunity to grow and advance in the company is amazing, by the time I left I was a treatment manager and loved my team. The head BCBA at the center was super supportive and was willing to provide supervision for anyone wanting to become a BCBA or BCaBA if they were willing to put in the work.

I would highly recommend this company if you are starting to be interested in ABA or therapy with children with autism.
Pros
Fun teams
Cons
pay
Relaxed and supportive environment.
Lead Therapist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2017
This is a great clinic with a supportive management team. Pay is on the lower end of the spectrum with unpaid holidays off. However there is an incentive point system that sometimes allows you to pay for those days off.
Great place to grow
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 10, 2017
I liked my coworkers and the clients and their families are great I just wish the company would pay more you start off at 11 and cap out 13 with gradual raises every year or unless you become management.
Pros
Coworkers, clients
Great place to learn & grow while making on impact!
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2017
I typically work with 2 clients per day doing in-home ABA therapy.
You may do a lot of driving, but I don't mind and you get compensated for time between clients and after a "reasonable commute" time and mileage.
The BCBAs in OKC are always available for questions/concerns, even after "working hours."
You receive plenty of supervision and they are receptive to ideas/concerns.
Even with staff working all over the place, BCBAs have tried to create a fun and inviting workplace environment with team meetings and monthly get togethers.
Pros
Great supervision, receptive management, great training and learning opportunities
Great starting place but low wages, poor incentives
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 2, 2017
BI is a great starting point for your ABA career.

Pros

-Pay for your RBT certification

-Teach valuable skills

-Flexible schedule and hours

-Great staff always willing to help each other

-You make a difference in a families life

CONS

-Low wage. Worst in the area. Poor incentives. Want you to show up for trainings and they don't pay you. If client is late you won't get paid.

-Unethical business practices

-Profit driven, not quality of care, more like a day care facility and some families treat us like that. They took out holiday breaks and now have more open hours. Again the medical facility is run more like a day care facility.

-Pay is not equal to work you are required to do or that of other ABA facilities in Texas

-30 minute lunch

-Allow parents to drop of children for therapy even when they are visibly sick.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Innovations. Our community is ready to answer.