Behavioral Innovations Employee Reviews

Fun and collaborative work place
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Management is very open about communication and hands on with training. Every day is different and you never know what the session will bring , which makes it interesting. Seeing the kids progress is the best part of this job.
Pros
Open communication, supportive management
Cons
Pay could be better
Love helping kids, love my job
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Benbrook, TXNovember 29, 2018
So far so good, I currently work part time looking to go full time. I love my management, the environment, and helping autistic kids. I've received great training, and even met some of the company executives.
Pros
Helping children is mentally rewarding, great co workers
Cons
Not full time yet, expecting to be soon
Collaborative Team Approach
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 31, 2018
I've really enjoyed working at the Austin office and I feel like the clinic is headed in the right direction. The culture and team is very patient-centered and the management team is very supportive.

It is the ideal culture, balancing work and life and helping those who need it most.
Pros
Organized, Rewarding, Great Environment
Cons
Clinic Atmosphere is Great!
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 18, 2018
The Behavioral Innovations office in OKC is a very team oriented and program driven to help people improve. The company is invested in making sure efficient systems and processes are in place to maintain a great work environment with appropriate documentation. The management team expresses a sincere mission to help the community and families with their needs.
Pros
Good clinic atmosphere, good work life/balance
Cons
stressful at times
Amazing team work, amazing work ethic
Registered Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2018
I work in the Austin region and the managers are top notch! Training is very thorough, and the families are really sweet, and appreciative with what has been done with the children. Best part? No nights or weekends and they offer lots of flexibility.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance, management
Cons
Understaffed at times
Bcba (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 9, 2018
Good place to start out and get experience in the field, mix of office and field work, flexible scheduling.Very professional management along with a wide variety of resourceful individuals employed within the company. Highly recommend this position.
Growth Opportunities!
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXSeptember 28, 2018
Room for growth and advancement within, the company is growing very quickly and that is always an exciting feeling. Rewarding job to work with families and children.
Pros
Training, Work/life balance, Culture, Management
Good for entry level, nothing more
RBT Therapist (Former Employee) –  TXSeptember 27, 2018
I will start this by saying the best part of this job is the clients. Once you're trained and working with the clients, their successes and their faces become your "reinforcer" and the reason you go to work everyday and sometimes the coworkers. The location I worked at started out great but with management changes and turnover for both clients and employees, it became just another "job".

This is a great company if you are starting out in the ABA field, for example, if you are still in college and are in the psychology or sociology fields. The company provides training upon being hired that sets you up to take the RBT exam. The RBT is a certification that is required by some insurance companies in order to work with the clients, it's not a requirement to be hired by BI but can be a requirement for other companies.

If you are looking for anything else in a job, then this is not the place. I worked with the company for 3+ years and the only opportunity for growth came from the high turnover rate that the company has. If a person from management quits or is fired, then there is your opportunity for growth. And with the "growth" comes more responsibilities with minimum financial compensation, unless you're a BCBA. The "managers" that work under the BCBA are the ones that are creating the documents that are sent off to receive hours for the clients, with minimal training. The main concern is how many hours can be billed by the insurance company, so if that means being understaffed and having clients in groups for multiple days in the week, just to bill, then that's what had
  more... to happen.

As for compensation, the company will argue that because it is an entry level position for the therapists, there is no actual experience required, that starting pay at $11/hr is more than enough, great, I'll agree but once you pass the RBT certification, the max you could receive was $13/hr. The annual raise MAX is 3%, which equates to roughly a whomping $.39! Not nearly enough in comparison to other ABA centers in the DFW area. If you are hired on as full-time/part-time, hours are not always guaranteed due to client call-offs, illnesses or client drop-outs, which in turn affects your compensation.

The lack of communication from upper management to clinical management needs room for improvement as well and in turn affects the culture of the individual centers. In the service field, care from the employees to the clients should be universally seen from all employees, no matter how high on the totem pole. If lack of care is seen, a weakness, the whole structure can collapse and that is what happened in the center I worked in. It was chaotic and cut throat.

It is clearly stated that this company is "at will" and that is also observed as well, unless you are in close ties with the previous owners of the company.

Unfortunately as a therapist, there is only so much that we are able to say and do in terms of how things should be ran and our main goal is the treatment of the clients, I just can't say the same for upper management.

Apply at your own risks and benefits!
Great Opportunity
Registered Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXSeptember 20, 2018
I have been with BI for a little over a year and I have truly enjoyed my time! I work with great people who are collaborative and professional! I love my job and I love working at BI. I highly recommend anyone who is looking for a stable career to check out BI for your next career opportunity.
Pros
strong management, great people, professional working enviornment
Cons
I wish I made more money - they pay a little under market
Gained Excellent experience and knowledge
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2018
I have worked for Behavioral Innovations for a few years in the Austin office. BI as a whole has helped me gain knowledge and skills in ABA. I have been able to use these skills to help a variety of clients. The management at BI has been supportive and helpful in allowing me to grow with this office. They are always willing to work with me to fine tune my therapy technique and are open to suggestions.
I've had the opportunity to teach and mentor individuals, and the greatest pleasure of learning from them just as much. Its great to be part of a thriving organization.
Pros
Continous Education, Improvements in training, BI is focused on providing excellent care for their clients, new CEO has improved many areas for the company.
Cons
Continue to grow and improve
ABA Therapist - Great Environment
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Great supportive supervisors. Office staff is just incredible. Kids and families were amazing. Opportunities to grow with the company. They are expanding.
Pros
Free Training, Opportunity to learn and grow
l Learned a lot about ABA therapy - they train employees extensively!
BACA (Current Employee) –  Benbrook, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Great, supportive environment and opportunities for education. Free training. Big emphasis on training and was great at providing observations and feedback. The families and kids are wonderful. I see there are opportunities for growth within the organization and it's highly encouraged by management. Supervisory staff is very helpful with materials and ideas. I always get help when I ask for it.
Pros
Free Training, No Nights or Weekends like other companies, rewarding work
Focused more on money than people
DFW area center (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXAugust 8, 2018
Company does not value their staff at the centers. They are focused on billing as many hours to insurance as possible. The pay is very low, raises are tiny when given, PTO is a joke. Company accepts high turnover; they do nothing to fix the underlying issues, just give it lip service. Staff at the center was great, encouraging and helpful, but could only do so much due to corporate policies.
Pros
Center staff
Cons
Everything else
Low pay and little advancement unless you are a BCBA
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 17, 2018
BI is a neat place to work to get your basics of ABA. It's great what they do for the families and the kids with Autism. I loved my job in general! I HATED all the stress and drama. I was never given any of the initial raises that they tell you about when you are hired. "After you finish training; After X amount of months; After RBT exam"... My time there was mostly a joke. The facility is so small and it is way overpopulated with clients. Instead of 1:1 therapy, most of the time you have multiple kids at once. Hopefully now there is also better management.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Very low pay, Short or no breaks, Small facility/Overcrowding, Stressful environment
fun and interactive workplace with lots of toys
Certified Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 25, 2018
working for BI was such a great experience. It was by far one of the most enjoyable jobs I have had in a long time. I really enjoyed working with children in a one-on-one setting. This job gave me an opportunity to use my creativity and time management skills to their fullest potentials. The team at BI was always extremely helpful If ever needed assistance with lesson planning or project ideas. We often had team meetings that were focused on ways that we could improve as therapists. I would recommend this job to anyone who enjoys a friendly work environment and loves children.
Pros
friendly work environment, health care coverage, field trips
Newest Autism services company
manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2018
Austism services is the newest high growth behavioral health industry sweeping the country and Behavioral Innovations has a major stake in this trend. Besides rapidly growing, offering impressive opportunities it is on the forefront of being the very best in providing ABA therapy.
The clinical staff is dedicated, highly educated, ethical and the children they serve it their number one priority. The clinical staff training and development programs are in depth and comprehensive. The outcomes and the difference they make in the kids lives is remarkable. I am honored to work with such dedicated employees who love the children and families AND change lives.
I am excited to be apart of such a rapidly growing successful company with an awesome leadership team.
Pros
comprehensive benefits and great people
Cons
typical start up issues
Lowest pay in Aba therapy
RBT Therepist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 22, 2018
Management is horrible. Lack of communication and lowest pay in ABA. No PTO or paid holidays. Paid training but you can get that any where with $5-10 more pay.
Cons
Pto, pay, management
Fun place for working with kiddos
ABA THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXMay 7, 2018
A typical day includes a play-like atmosphere with the most special kids. I learned so much at this job, like patience and how to provide effective services. The management truly cares about their employees as well. The hardest part of the job is making sure that you do not miss anything in the child's therapy. There are days that can be difficult. But the good days far outnumber the hard ones. You are making a huge difference in a child's life.
pediatric lover
FIELDWORK (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXMay 2, 2018
If you love working with children and love a fast paced environment that is totally unpredictable but organized then behavioral innovations is the place for you.
Corp. wide issues/High turn over rate for a reason
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2018
Great “foot in the door” place if you have VERY minimal financial responsibilities. Will hire you with little to no experience/education. The kids are the best part of BI! This job requires a lot of patience and a passion for children. Some kids will engage in aggressive behaviors towards others however training is provided. Each location has a different culture/environment based on the employees and treatment managers keep that in mind. I have visited/worked multiple centers each having a different work environment. However the following statements are based corporate wide. Once employees receive experience (or their certification) they leave the company due to low pay rates($11 starting/training - $13 capout), no paid holidays, expected to work on christmas eve, horrible PTO system (gaining about 1 hour a paycheck), no sick days (even though you are working with multiple children in a center full of germs and there is always at least one kid sick each day), no guaranteed amount of hours (one week you can be FT the next week PT, which will affect your status as FT/PT for your insurance if you do decide to get it here), Benefits (are extremely expensive for the pay given to employees, for 401k the company does not match what you put). No room for growth after becoming an RBT, the availability for higher positions is unlikely. Usually understaffed so you aren’t always one to one, some days you will be expected to give therapy to more than one kid at once but you only get paid for running therapy on one meaning, pay is not equal to work you are required to do or that of other  more... ABA facilities in Texas. They do not pay their RBTs the average rate for the state of Texas. Please do your research and learn the average rate before accepting an offer. Always remember what you are worth because this company at a corporate level will not.  less
Pros
Great for experience, Flexible hours for students, Weekends off, help kids with special needs
Cons
Pay rate, No Paid Holidays, No Sick Days, No Vacation, Hrs not guaranteed, no room for growth, Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Behavioral Innovations. Our community is ready to answer.