Behavioral Innovations Culture reviews

Fun and collaborative work place
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Management is very open about communication and hands on with training. Every day is different and you never know what the session will bring , which makes it interesting. Seeing the kids progress is the best part of this job.
Pros
Open communication, supportive management
Cons
Pay could be better
Collaborative Team Approach
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 31, 2018
I've really enjoyed working at the Austin office and I feel like the clinic is headed in the right direction. The culture and team is very patient-centered and the management team is very supportive.

It is the ideal culture, balancing work and life and helping those who need it most.
Pros
Organized, Rewarding, Great Environment
Growth Opportunities!
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXSeptember 28, 2018
Room for growth and advancement within, the company is growing very quickly and that is always an exciting feeling. Rewarding job to work with families and children.
Pros
Training, Work/life balance, Culture, Management
Good for entry level, nothing more
RBT Therapist (Former Employee) –  TXSeptember 27, 2018
I will start this by saying the best part of this job is the clients. Once you're trained and working with the clients, their successes and their faces become your "reinforcer" and the reason you go to work everyday and sometimes the coworkers. The location I worked at started out great but with management changes and turnover for both clients and employees, it became just another "job".

This is a great company if you are starting out in the ABA field, for example, if you are still in college and are in the psychology or sociology fields. The company provides training upon being hired that sets you up to take the RBT exam. The RBT is a certification that is required by some insurance companies in order to work with the clients, it's not a requirement to be hired by BI but can be a requirement for other companies.

If you are looking for anything else in a job, then this is not the place. I worked with the company for 3+ years and the only opportunity for growth came from the high turnover rate that the company has. If a person from management quits or is fired, then there is your opportunity for growth. And with the "growth" comes more responsibilities with minimum financial compensation, unless you're a BCBA. The "managers" that work under the BCBA are the ones that are creating the documents that are sent off to receive hours for the clients, with minimal training. The main concern is how many hours can be billed by the insurance company, so if that means being understaffed and having clients in groups for multiple days in the week, just to bill, then that's what had
  more... to happen.

As for compensation, the company will argue that because it is an entry level position for the therapists, there is no actual experience required, that starting pay at $11/hr is more than enough, great, I'll agree but once you pass the RBT certification, the max you could receive was $13/hr. The annual raise MAX is 3%, which equates to roughly a whomping $.39! Not nearly enough in comparison to other ABA centers in the DFW area. If you are hired on as full-time/part-time, hours are not always guaranteed due to client call-offs, illnesses or client drop-outs, which in turn affects your compensation.

The lack of communication from upper management to clinical management needs room for improvement as well and in turn affects the culture of the individual centers. In the service field, care from the employees to the clients should be universally seen from all employees, no matter how high on the totem pole. If lack of care is seen, a weakness, the whole structure can collapse and that is what happened in the center I worked in. It was chaotic and cut throat.

It is clearly stated that this company is "at will" and that is also observed as well, unless you are in close ties with the previous owners of the company.

Unfortunately as a therapist, there is only so much that we are able to say and do in terms of how things should be ran and our main goal is the treatment of the clients, I just can't say the same for upper management.

Apply at your own risks and benefits!
Corp. wide issues/High turn over rate for a reason
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2018
Great “foot in the door” place if you have VERY minimal financial responsibilities. Will hire you with little to no experience/education. The kids are the best part of BI! This job requires a lot of patience and a passion for children. Some kids will engage in aggressive behaviors towards others however training is provided. Each location has a different culture/environment based on the employees and treatment managers keep that in mind. I have visited/worked multiple centers each having a different work environment. However the following statements are based corporate wide. Once employees receive experience (or their certification) they leave the company due to low pay rates($11 starting/training - $13 capout), no paid holidays, expected to work on christmas eve, horrible PTO system (gaining about 1 hour a paycheck), no sick days (even though you are working with multiple children in a center full of germs and there is always at least one kid sick each day), no guaranteed amount of hours (one week you can be FT the next week PT, which will affect your status as FT/PT for your insurance if you do decide to get it here), Benefits (are extremely expensive for the pay given to employees, for 401k the company does not match what you put). No room for growth after becoming an RBT, the availability for higher positions is unlikely. Usually understaffed so you aren’t always one to one, some days you will be expected to give therapy to more than one kid at once but you only get paid for running therapy on one meaning, pay is not equal to work you are required to do or that of other  more... ABA facilities in Texas. They do not pay their RBTs the average rate for the state of Texas. Please do your research and learn the average rate before accepting an offer. Always remember what you are worth because this company at a corporate level will not.  less
Pros
Great for experience, Flexible hours for students, Weekends off, help kids with special needs
Cons
Pay rate, No Paid Holidays, No Sick Days, No Vacation, Hrs not guaranteed, no room for growth, Benefits
Good starting place, not good long term
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 21, 2018
Immediate management is nice and works with employees, but the problem is corporate. Pay is not competitive, time off given is low, benefits are not that great, and really don't feel as though higher ups in corporate care about the clients... It's a good place to get your foot in the door, but the turnover rate is high for a reason.
Pros
provide RBT training
Cons
short breaks, low pay
A great place to enter the field
Registered Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2017
I loved working at the BI location I was at, however, your overall experience at BI depends on the actual office you work at. The Westlake office has a great culture and management and has the lowest turnover rate in the company. Unfortunately, I have not heard such positive reviews from employees at other locations. Also, from what I understand, the pay is not competitive with the pay at other companies in the Austin area. I am still involved with the office and attend the socials they hold (not the ones paid for by the company, of course). I only left because there were very few hours available at the time and I needed a completely open schedule to gain experience hours for my SLPA hours. I'd love to work for them part-time when they have an open position again.
Productive and Fun workplace
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXSeptember 23, 2017
This was a great place to work. Great environment to be apart of from staff to clients. The experience I received at this place was incredible. I hope to continue to build from that.
Pros
great work environment, weekends off
Cons
short lunches
Great team . Like family
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2017
Lots of support from team and management. Wonderful place to work. Pay is not great but will work around your schedule when needed. Very flexible managers .
Awesome workplace
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Castle Hills, TXJune 27, 2016
This company is great in many ways. Main focus is to make the children have the best time while working on their targets to modify their behaviors. Everyone is so helpful, and thankful for working there everyday. BI is family.
Pros
Great experience, awesome people
Fun workplace
THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Great learning experience, and supportive management team. The staff was very helpful in my training process and it was a pleasant working environment.