BEL USA Employee Reviews

Bel Promo
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 23, 2018
Great company with growth opportunities, started a year ago as a customer service representative and just got promoted to a senior customer service representative.
Pros
Upward mobility, excellent tone at the top
Cons
Parking could be improved
Very family oriented and there is room for growth!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 29, 2018
BELUSA is a good place to work. I would definitely use the time there as a stepping stool for maturity, skill honing and getting a better opportunity. The culture is very friendly and family-oriented. There is opportunity for growth. The attendance policy is a bit stringent. However, the management team does work with you in difficult circumstances.
Easy going, no stress
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLAugust 27, 2018
needs leniency in attendance policy ( grace periods)
management & HR for the most part extremely approachable and take issues seriously

typical day may include high volume calls but nothing beyond a norm cal center

assigned dedicated time to handle complex issues
Pros
HR management approachable -
Cons
short lunch - 30 minutes strict attendance policy
Great pay a d benefits.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYAugust 25, 2018
Good place to work I just did not like the hours. There are several different shifts but you ha e to be there a long time to get on a good shift. Overall a great work environment.
Pros
Paid lunch and great benefits
Cons
Hours are very crazy.
Call Center Employee
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLAugust 24, 2018
The company has gone through a lot of changes these last three years. They added new flooring in the call center so there is no more stained carpets, New bathrooms THANK GOD, added a cafeteria so we don't have to order out so much and weekly food trucks on Fridays.

The company is headed in the right direction, I am looking forward/hoping i get my yearly review! #Wantmoremoney!
shipping Employee
shipping Employee (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2018
My experience at Bel Usa has been a great experience. i started as a materiel handler and recently they have been training me for a higher position with more responsibilities and better opportunities.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
parking
This place is not that good
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLAugust 6, 2018
This job is all depending on the friendships you have inside the job, I had the qualification for a management position and didn't get it just because they hired someone that was more friendly and knew them for more time. I believe this should change and give the people that really know and want to grow in the company the opportunity.
Do not work here
CSR (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLJuly 16, 2018
This place is horrible and management is a joke.
My department suffered and they possible let it remain that way to save money. They lost over 14 people in management and let the remaining 9 run everything. The "team leads" or "floor managers" sometimes cannot help you because you need a direct supervisor to answer a call and they will not be available.

The benefits were terrible. You're a parent? Sucks to be you! Emergencies and the unexpected happen when you have children and this company will penalize you for it. There is no room for growth unless you are a favorite. They do believe in promoting within the company, but only those who already have a higher-up position. They will be awarded three different responsibilities and not be able to do any of them well due to the lack of time between all-day meetings.

This is a large business which lacks professionalism in various departments. From the head of H.R to the poorly made items they lose or produce. You will not feel like a human being with rights in this company, Bel will remind you that.
Pros
N/a
Cons
no room for growth, little to no consideration for employees.
Ambiente laboral hostil,mucho calor y los manager sin educación ni preparacion
Operadora de láser (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 13, 2018
Horrible trabajar para tan poca preparación que tienen los managers,hay más jefes que empleados y los que trabajan menos ganan mas,obligan al overtime sin haber suficiente producción y estoy segura que el presidente Sai Koppaka no sabe lo que sucede,va a perder su empresa
Pros
Muy costoso para el empleado
Cons
Solo dan un descanso y el lugar para el lunch se satura
Abusadores, mal educados e insensibles con la persona honesta y trabajadora
Operadora de engraving (Former Employee) –  Departamento de LaserJuly 13, 2018
No me alcanzan las palabras para definir lo dolida y humillada que salí de ese lugar. La directiva me mantuvo haciendo el trabajo de dos personas por el salario mínimo, siendo una empleada excelente, cuando pedí que se tuviera en cuenta mi trabajo, se rieron de mi en mi cara y me dijeron que lo que él “Presidente” de la compañía “mira” es el tiempo que lleva un empleado en su negocio, la honestidad, calidad de trabajo, responsabilidad y alta producción de un empleado (por más de 4 años) no les importa para nada, prefieren perder un buen empleado y mantener otros a los que les pagan sueldos altos sin hacer ni la mitad de lo que yo hacía, no entiendo como pueden esperar que un negocio crezca de esa manera, me sentí exclavizada y humillada por la directiva sin preparación ni educación que abunda en ese lugar. Aseguro que los comentarios positivos de esa empresa que aparecen en la red social son falsos, escritos por empleados actuales a los que no les queda otro remedio que decir esas cosas, no entiendo como una empresa que no tiene suficiente trabajo para cubrir 40 horas semanales “Obligue” a sus empleados a trabajar Sábados y hacer “Overtime”, eso es botar el dinero o regalarlo, a lo mejor les sobra y es el dinero que se ahorran explotando empleados como yo que por más de 4 años estuve haciendo el trabajo de dos empleados con calidad (y lo puedo probar). Me engañaron, me utilizaron y me humillaron entre otras cosas que terminaron por hacer que decidiera no regresar a ese lugar. Mi autoestima fue pisoteada y no creo que haya necesidad en ningún ser humano que justifique soportar  more... semejante maltrato. Al final ellos fueron los que perdieron... Perdieron un empleado como pocos, jamas llegue tarde, ni me fui temprano, la producción grande de mi departamento cayó siempre sobre mi, los clientes escribieron para felicitar a la persona que les hizo su pedido, y siempre estuve presente cuando me necesitaron con un trabajo de alta calidad y excelencia. Yo puedo encontrar un trabajo donde se me valore como ser humano y trabajador pero ellos no encontrarán un empleado como yo tan fácilmente.  less
Pros
Seguro médico (y me parece alto costo para el empleado)
Cons
Hambiente laboral pésimo, maltrato, la gerencia es abusiva e inculta, aprovechados de la necesidad de los empleados
Great Company but extremely poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLApril 13, 2018
Learned a lot working at Bell however management is extremely poor. They do favoritism quite often and there is a lot of gossip and almost like a high school atmosphere. The general manager van was nice are some points but had her days were she was extremely rude you can tell with the drama that was going on in her personal life that she brought to work. Definitely management does treat their good employees poorly.
The CEO was very nice and production management was very nice as far as going inside kind of makes you not want to work there. They definitely need to make a change and management as far as discount mugs section goes.
adecuado
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLApril 7, 2018
Seguro medico privado pagado por la empresa!
safety en la empresa prioridad numero Uno
Fantastic company to work for and grow inside of!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLFebruary 14, 2018
After having worked in Customer Service for over a year and a half, I can confidently say that the job is not difficult, but it is stressful.
Getting yelled at by angry customers and not being able to tell them how wrong they are is never easy.
However, the support from the management team and the benefits that the HR dept. try to commit to every week more than makes up for this.
The management staff is very down to earth and people are very easy to talk to.
As long as you show up to work and fulfill your responsibilities, you will never have any issues.
Pros
Great hiring process, management is very down to earth, lots of fun company events and community give-a-ways.
Cons
Bathroom management is poor, parking situation could be better, attendance policy is slightly difficult to work around.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLFebruary 9, 2018
I enjoy my daily duties and the company culture. A very fast paced call center environment. Great job to gain experience if interested in pursuing a career in customer service.
6 months with BEL
New Employee (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLJanuary 31, 2018
I have been at BEL for approximately 6 months and although the culture here is a little different, I have adopted to it and am enjoying working here. Everyone that I have worked with thus far, from the hourly workforce to Upper Management have been very cooperative and very accessible.
Pros
Onsite Cafeteria, Food Trucks, Employee Giveaways
Cons
No 401k
Unprofessional
Manager (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Very unprofessional interactions primarily with VP, Directors, Managers and most HR personnel.

Most management is clueless how to accomplish positive end results and mainly focus on pointing the finger at other areas of management trying to mask their own flaws.
My Co-Workers were excellent
Lead Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLDecember 21, 2017
The way the art dept. was treated was less to be desired.
We were given cramped work spaces. No room or opportunities for advancement in the company. Did not feel valued.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
Strict policies
Buen ambiente
Empacadora (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLNovember 21, 2017
Nada en contra me sentí trabajando bien son bien profecionales y exigentes
Pros
Seguro medico de la empresa
Cons
Un solo un break
No growth, no increase in pay
Finance Representative (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLOctober 18, 2017
Working for about a year at this company and there is no growth potential , unless your buddy buddy with managers no matter how hard you work. In addition, no raises have been given, we receive just the same run around speech of "be patient". There have been employees that have been working here for 2 years plus who are dedicated employees and have yet to receive an increase in pay or any type of promotion even after bringing this issue up to both manager and HR. If your looking for just a job with no growth potential and no increase in salary unless you have favoritism from your managers then by all means work here.
Pros
Healthcare and PTO
Cons
no 401k, no raises, expect to get an occurrence each time your late even if its an emergency.
You make difference
VP of Contact Center Operations (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLJune 16, 2017
It is one one of few companies that give you the opportunity to make a difference in peoples lives. On a daily basis you are part of major events that customers share with you, and we have help those events become a reality. The culture lends towards a work life balance even when seasonal volumes exceed capacity. Overall, a very rewarding place to work.
Pros
Company discounts
Cons
No 401k