Belcan Employee Reviews

Temporary service
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 13, 2019
It's a place for people hard up for a paycheck. No advancement to mention and you're working for half of what they're being paid. The coworkers aren't bad people but their business profile is designed for high turnover in order to keep insurance costs down. there is always someone else who can replace you.
Pros
it's a paycheck
Cons
The jobs they assign you are temporary, not meant to be long term. This saves them from paying health insurance.
Good Experience
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 2, 2019
I was fired but I would work for Belcan again if they would hire me back. I had so much fun. Work was a little slow some days but I was always busy, I could listen to my music and do my work.. That's relaxing and I showed great performance.
Benefits are ignored
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  work offsite in MIchiganJanuary 27, 2019
Belcan does not provide benefits for its employees in Michigan, which is bad.
Management keeps changing and its difficult to communicate when you work at clients location.

No paid time off, no sick leaves, employee is solly responsible for health benefits, its like a wage worker.
Cons
Benefits are bad (ignored)
Great atmosphere
Belcan Tech Services (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJanuary 10, 2019
When I started at Belcan it was an excellent company with great management. This however changed due to only seeking opportunities within one customer.
Belcan is a Decent Place to Work
Configuration Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 9, 2019
like most outsource/staffing companies perks are limited. The company culture at the individual contributor level is that of camaraderie however examples of things rolling down hill abound.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the relative schedule flexibility.
Useful experience and hours are very nice.
Aerospace Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTDecember 16, 2018
This is a nice place to start your career but be careful with your job performance. When you are very good at something that you don't like doing, you will probably get stuck doing that something for a very long time. Those who perform poorly on that job get a position/project that is much more interesting.

Another nice thing about this company is it helps you figure out your career interests. Trying multiple projects helps you zero in on what you truly want to do in your career. Thats what is very nice about the engineering services companies.

Typical day at work:
Write technical papers all day. Deadlines are typically pretty reasonable.

What I learned:
Many valuable military and airworthiness standards that can be applied at every aerospace company.

Management:
Constantly changing as the employee retention rate is generally low (under 2 years).

Workplace culture:
Everyone is friendly and dedicated and we all have a flexible work week schedule. Having this schedule means that we can work 40 hours a week whenever we want. That means one could do 4 ten hour days and then take Friday off.

Hardest parts of the job:
Getting stuck on a project that you don't want to be on. Also make sure your project manager is on top of your project finances. Gaps in project funding result in you not getting paid as the company may not have another project for you during the funding gap.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
Flexible work week, coworkers are great, and working with customers at other large companies like Pratt & Whitney, Collins Aerospace (formerly UTC Aerospace
  more... Systems), Safran, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, etc.

Career Advancement:
If you are great at what you do and develop a good working relationship with customers they typically offer you a position at their company. An example: Working on a Collins Aerospace project for 1.5 years and being offered a direction position with them. Belcan wouldn't fight over this Non Compete Agreement because they wouldn't bite the hand that feeds them. However if you try and go to another engineering services company they may come after you so tread carefully in that scenario.

Salary:
If you are coming into an entry level engineering position at Belcan they will give you a low salary that is non negotiable. If you have a masters degree you will get a salary that is 7,000 - 10,000 dollars more than those who have just a bachelors degree. Common starting salary for those with a bachelors degree as a systems engineer here is 60,000 and the common salary for those with a masters degree is 68,000. You would make much more money working directly at the customer companies but your hours will be awful compared to the flexibility of Belcan's schedule.
Pros
Flexible working hours and multiple project experiences
Cons
If you are great at something you hate you'll be stuck doing that for a long time.
Challenging as a Contractor learning about different positions
Alternate Administrative Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2018
8-hr days, as a Commodity Assist. Each day is different as a commodity assist supporting multiple commodity managers. Exciting opportunities and educational.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
Length of Employment - Limited per contract
A Means to an End
Temporary Worker (Warehouse/Production) (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHDecember 6, 2018
If all you need is money, and you need it immediately, then Belcan can help you out with that. Some of the work will offer co-op to hire, but many of the companies are not wonderful places to work.
Pros
Immediate work
Cons
No pto/sick days
Going Downhill
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 5, 2018
While there are some great managers who trust you to do your job and to interface with the customer (generally Rolls-Royce), job instability and restructuring have led to managers who should not have the job being put in charge of large groups they don’t understand who then try to pass off the work subordinates as their own, while other managers who understand how to properly manage are given multitudes of small projects and people (and they don’t always overlap, thereby essentially doubling workload) making it increasingly difficult to devote appropriate time to each project. Additionally, the most productive managers are also required to be billable on top of their management duties, while the incompetent managers get away scot free.
Pros
Great customer, Can buy an extra week of vacation, don’t have to clock out for lunch if you’re still working
Cons
Non-existent benefits, incompetent management
Unstable Job
Drafter (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 4, 2018
Does not have their employees well being in mind. Will lay off at the first sign of struggle, lots of down time. If the customers schedule hits a dry spell Belcan does nothing to compensate this. Short term work, wont be there over 2 years.

Want to know more about Belcan?

Ask a question
poor Customer Service
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2018
Had two jobs through them and had major problems, like with payroll, or given you a job site to go too, and it is nothing like we agreed upon, totally different job.
Pros
Poor
Cons
Doesn't get any better.
Great Company
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLNovember 14, 2018
Great Company and environment in order to pick up new skills. It is a company that a new hire will thrive in right out of school. They give you the necessary tools to succeed and move forward.
Professional room to grow and learn.
Construction Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 13, 2018
Room to grow rate five stars. Benefits resources Irate five stars. Advancement with room to grow with management support. Job culture is supportive.
Pros
Resources and support
Cons
Project ends
Temp Service
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 6, 2018
Staffing agency for temporary jobs. Everything was exactly what I expected. Only work about 3 months at each job and then you are moved to a new position with a new company.
Pros
You have a job and will at least get a paycheck
Cons
Who knows how long you will be in each job.
order management
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 5, 2018
No clear direction from Belcan. does not support their clients from beginning to end. was very disappointed with the company. My Manager at Belcan was a very nice person with no authority
Male Dominated with Very Few Opportunities for Women
Account Manager / Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2018
I've spent the past 12 years with Belcan working on a Global Account. Management wanted to leverage my relationships to advance our presence within the account but did not want to consider advancing my reach within the organization by offering promotion or training opportunities. Although I had a spotless career with this company, many awards and a 97% approval rating with my customer, there were no opportunities to advance or promote.
Pros
Remote work opportunites, good PTO plan
Cons
Good Ol Boys Club culture, no personal development
great
Electrical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 25, 2018
Interact with Suppliers and coordinate with other team members to achieve project.
Compliance with established design standards and
practices.
Stressful
Manager of Staffing (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 23, 2018
Working at the agency was an eye opening experience at the jobs that was to be filled and the public that didn't want to work- liked working with the public
I worked at Belcan for a few months.
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 16, 2018
The Greenville office is very small with only two other workers there. As a new hire, I felt like I was being singled out and scrutinized more than the other workers. I did not feel comfortable and my manager did not help much.
Pros
Work is easy
Cons
Small office, overbearing manager, unenforced standards for employees, unwritten rules
Ovetall
Program Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2018
It's not a bad place for temporary workers. Unfortunately you are always at risk for work projects ending and nothing to replace. Management is good as long as there is work. Benefits are ok, not great.
Pros
Very flexible work schedule
Cons
Benefits aren't the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belcan. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight