Belcan Employee Reviews

Challenging as a Contractor learning about different positions
Alternate Administrative Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2018
8-hr days, as a Commodity Assist. Each day is different as a commodity assist supporting multiple commodity managers. Exciting opportunities and educational.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
Length of Employment - Limited per contract
A Means to an End
Temporary Worker (Warehouse/Production) (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHDecember 6, 2018
If all you need is money, and you need it immediately, then Belcan can help you out with that. Some of the work will offer co-op to hire, but many of the companies are not wonderful places to work.
Pros
Immediate work
Cons
No pto/sick days
Going Downhill
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 5, 2018
While there are some great managers who trust you to do your job and to interface with the customer (generally Rolls-Royce), job instability and restructuring have led to managers who should not have the job being put in charge of large groups they don’t understand who then try to pass off the work subordinates as their own, while other managers who understand how to properly manage are given multitudes of small projects and people (and they don’t always overlap, thereby essentially doubling workload) making it increasingly difficult to devote appropriate time to each project. Additionally, the most productive managers are also required to be billable on top of their management duties, while the incompetent managers get away scot free.
Pros
Great customer, Can buy an extra week of vacation, don’t have to clock out for lunch if you’re still working
Cons
Non-existent benefits, incompetent management
Unstable Job
Drafter (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 4, 2018
Does not have their employees well being in mind. Will lay off at the first sign of struggle, lots of down time. If the customers schedule hits a dry spell Belcan does nothing to compensate this. Short term work, wont be there over 2 years.
poor Customer Service
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2018
Had two jobs through them and had major problems, like with payroll, or given you a job site to go too, and it is nothing like we agreed upon, totally different job.
Pros
Poor
Cons
Doesn't get any better.
Great Company
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLNovember 14, 2018
Great Company and environment in order to pick up new skills. It is a company that a new hire will thrive in right out of school. They give you the necessary tools to succeed and move forward.
Professional room to grow and learn.
Construction Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 13, 2018
Room to grow rate five stars. Benefits resources Irate five stars. Advancement with room to grow with management support. Job culture is supportive.
Pros
Resources and support
Cons
Project ends
Temp Service
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 6, 2018
Staffing agency for temporary jobs. Everything was exactly what I expected. Only work about 3 months at each job and then you are moved to a new position with a new company.
Pros
You have a job and will at least get a paycheck
Cons
Who knows how long you will be in each job.
order management
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 5, 2018
No clear direction from Belcan. does not support their clients from beginning to end. was very disappointed with the company. My Manager at Belcan was a very nice person with no authority
Male Dominated with Very Few Opportunities for Women
Account Manager / Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2018
I've spent the past 12 years with Belcan working on a Global Account. Management wanted to leverage my relationships to advance our presence within the account but did not want to consider advancing my reach within the organization by offering promotion or training opportunities. Although I had a spotless career with this company, many awards and a 97% approval rating with my customer, there were no opportunities to advance or promote.
Pros
Remote work opportunites, good PTO plan
Cons
Good Ol Boys Club culture, no personal development
great
Electrical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 25, 2018
Interact with Suppliers and coordinate with other team members to achieve project.
Compliance with established design standards and
practices.
Stressful
Manager of Staffing (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 23, 2018
Working at the agency was an eye opening experience at the jobs that was to be filled and the public that didn't want to work- liked working with the public
I worked at Belcan for a few months.
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 16, 2018
The Greenville office is very small with only two other workers there. As a new hire, I felt like I was being singled out and scrutinized more than the other workers. I did not feel comfortable and my manager did not help much.
Pros
Work is easy
Cons
Small office, overbearing manager, unenforced standards for employees, unwritten rules
Ovetall
Program Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2018
It's not a bad place for temporary workers. Unfortunately you are always at risk for work projects ending and nothing to replace. Management is good as long as there is work. Benefits are ok, not great.
Pros
Very flexible work schedule
Cons
Benefits aren't the best.
Interesting Dynamics
Training and Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 9, 2018
Current contract position, so very little opportunity to advance within the work environment. That said, surrounded by a great group of professionals that strive to excel in a fluid government environment.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Contract
A nice company to work for
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2018
I'll give it a four star work environment. Always had my back when the job ended they will find me one instantly as a forklift operator or packaging which
Pros
Alway had a job for me
This is an outsourcing company.
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2018
You job relies on Belcan finding customers who need your services.
You work on one project for a varying amunt of time. Funding is constantly an issue. Furloughs ar a common thing. Many engineers find better jobs in the area and one is left to backfill. Some nice perks,(pizza once a month) They are changing since the Founder died.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
funding i up and down.
Mans world
Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 12, 2018
Very Male driven. Good old Boys Club. Women are devalued. If you are not a big drinker don't work here. No follow through with job promises. Would not recommend
Pros
nothing
Cons
too many to mention
Field Services Technician III (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 11, 2018
Great company to work for. I had no issues with them at all. They treated me fairly and paid me fairly for the job I performed. Now I'm just typing in characters to meet the minimum
Flexible hours
Test / Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 11, 2018
Co-workers are great to get along with makes it easy. The works changes so you are not stuck doing the same type of work constantly. The work is interesting, fun, and challenging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belcan. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight