Belcan Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I worked at Belcan for a few months.
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 16, 2018
The Greenville office is very small with only two other workers there. As a new hire, I felt like I was being singled out and scrutinized more than the other workers. I did not feel comfortable and my manager did not help much.
Pros
Work is easy
Cons
Small office, overbearing manager, unenforced standards for employees, unwritten rules
Ovetall
Program Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2018
It's not a bad place for temporary workers. Unfortunately you are always at risk for work projects ending and nothing to replace. Management is good as long as there is work. Benefits are ok, not great.
Pros
Very flexible work schedule
Cons
Benefits aren't the best.
Interesting Dynamics
Training and Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 9, 2018
Current contract position, so very little opportunity to advance within the work environment. That said, surrounded by a great group of professionals that strive to excel in a fluid government environment.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Contract
A nice company to work for
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2018
I'll give it a four star work environment. Always had my back when the job ended they will find me one instantly as a forklift operator or packaging which
Pros
Alway had a job for me
This is an outsourcing company.
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2018
You job relies on Belcan finding customers who need your services.
You work on one project for a varying amunt of time. Funding is constantly an issue. Furloughs ar a common thing. Many engineers find better jobs in the area and one is left to backfill. Some nice perks,(pizza once a month) They are changing since the Founder died.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
funding i up and down.
Mans world
Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 12, 2018
Very Male driven. Good old Boys Club. Women are devalued. If you are not a big drinker don't work here. No follow through with job promises. Would not recommend
Pros
nothing
Cons
too many to mention
Field Services Technician III (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 11, 2018
Great company to work for. I had no issues with them at all. They treated me fairly and paid me fairly for the job I performed. Now I'm just typing in characters to meet the minimum
Flexible hours
Test / Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 11, 2018
Co-workers are great to get along with makes it easy. The works changes so you are not stuck doing the same type of work constantly. The work is interesting, fun, and challenging.
Great company, salary was good, great benefits, opportunities for advancement
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 5, 2018
Belcan was a great place to work. Management was strong and coverage from the Recruiters was always there. We had a strong Administrative staff to support us and our customers. It was a very experienced group of people working at Belcan where everyone was able to focus on their primary job responsibilities,
Pros
overall it was a great place to be employed, great Healthcare, vacation, paid holidays, etc.
Great company and co-workers
Group Leader II / Group Leader I (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 3, 2018
Belcan was a great company to work for. I was fortunate to work with an excellent group of professionals. Anther plus to Belcan is that they are very considerate in allowing flexible time when needed.
Pros
Bonuses
Great Generalist Role
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitney, CAAugust 29, 2018
At Belcan I way able to directly work with many departments (delivery, customer services, billing, etc) and get embedded with the client while working on site.
Good Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 29, 2018
BELCAN is a a good company, with opportunity in the right industry. They do not provide much training, at least they didn't when I worked there, and at the time there wasn't much in the local office in the ways of checks and balances. Had certain people been put into check I probably would still be working there.
Contract Designer
Tooling Designer/Detailer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 23, 2018
Overall I think Belcan is a good company to work for. They are growing and offer decent benefits. They started as a small company supplying engineering job for GE Aviation but now have offices all over the world.
Ok
STAFFING ASSOCIATE, FULLTIME, 2ND SHIFT (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2018
It was an okay place to work but a little inconsistant because you mostly worked just before a holiday, like mothers day or christmas. right after the holiday you got laid off for 3 or 4 weeks until the next holiday got close.
Pros
variety
Cons
inconsistant work hours
Great Place to work
Composite Blades Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 22, 2018
Starting here fresh out of school allowed for growth and learning to use design and analytical tools such as Catia V5, ProEngineer, Ansys APDL & Ansys Workbench. Job hour flexibility was outstanding. Great on the job training and support from senior staff.
Great for entry level, that's it.
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 15, 2018
Fantastic opportunities to experience a variety of projects and disciplines, horizontal moves are very easy. You can be exposed to a lot of fields. There are often opportunities to travel to sites for extended periods of time. Flexible hours are amazing. First promotion can come in a few years if you are motivated. But after a certain point the complexity of work does not get higher. Salary is on the low end for this field and benefits are very unsatisfactory, especially for anyone with a family.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Not much to say
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2018
I only worked here for a very short time. Its just like every other temp place. Go from job to job until your hired in somewhere. Temp jobs help with the in between jobs.
The success of the contracts depend heavily on management
Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
The benefits were great; compensation was good. The contracts success depended heavily on the management and not the successes of the team as a whole.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
contract instability
Challenging and Rewarding Supply Chain Experience
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Caterpillar - JolietAugust 6, 2018
The Belcan Team provided hands-on direction and support in matching the skill sets of employees with customer expectations. It was a pleasure working with Belcan and I enjoyed the opportunity to help our customer during the operations transition to another facility.
Very Friendly Coworkers
PPG Aerospace Temp. Worker (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAAugust 1, 2018
Everyone at the workplace was very friendly and helpful. My supervisor at the time was nice, and very easygoing. The work was very relaxed and slow-paced, but not too slow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belcan. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight