Belcan Culture reviews

Wonderful co-workers
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 30, 2018
We are not quite family, but all of the workers at Belcan are similar to friends and neighbors. We are a great collection of personalities to work with.
As an outsourcing company, there is limited growth
Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 24, 2018
Fun place to work. Good, friendly people. Management is good for the most part. Nice atmosphere with pleasant working quarters. Decent reward system.
Great mentors
Project Engineer, Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 7, 2018
Surrounded by encouraging employees who are constantly available for teaching, questions, and continued learning. This environment fostered healthy growth and incentive to learn more.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Company culture
Great people
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 14, 2018
Most employees at Belcan are approachable, friendly and considerate. Each division takes on the personality of the Leader. Most believe in teamwork when tackling improvements.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No comment
Friendly, Flexible, and Push you to Succeed
Draftsman/CAD Operator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 18, 2018
A typical day at work can be stressful when communicating with customers (Pratty & Whitney, & UTAS) especially if issues spring between the customer and yourself, but managers make it clear what is expected of you when creating documents for the customer and if trouble arises. However, fellow co-workers and managers are always close by to lend you a hand should you need some help.

I've learned a lot about using the necessary tools of the trade (Teamcenter & NX), and the process that is utilized in order to do so. This has opened me up to at least understanding where in the process line Product Definition (PD) is, which is between Design, and Manufacturing. It has also fostered curiosity for the other parts of the process, more specifically design.

Management is very straightforward and to the point. If you're underperforming, it will be made known to you, and discussions take place in order to get to the root of the matter. Management also makes sure that you are given opportunities for excelling at your position, and make it known through the "Wings of Success" awards. Management also makes it very clear what is expected of them when it comes to creating content for customers, and answer questions that arise.

Workplace culture is very inclusive. Meetings happen each week with all PD employees to discuss successes, and areas for improvement. Other employees that have an impact on PD also attend so that improvements and suggestions can be brought to the table. In all, all personnel that affect PD meet in order to maximize output from all PD employees. Workplace
  more... culture is also very relaxed and friendly. Coworkers can foster friendships with each other, and also serve as mentors and guides when it comes to their knowledge and expertise.

The most difficult part of the job is when customers kick back content to Belcan. This can be the most frustrating part of the job, as miscommunication can cause issues to come up. It is common, but can be addressed through clear communication between Belcan managers, and the customer. It can be stressful in that there's no down time as well. Since there's always work that needs to be done, you're constantly on the move, and tasks can pile up very quickly if you're not able to keep up with the work load, especially if you have projects that take longer than normal. One last thing that is tough is salary. Since Belcan is a 3rd party representative, an employee would not be paid as much if they worked directly for a customer. This is pretty common place for 3rd party representatives.

Personally, I enjoy the friendly environment, and the flexible working hours. My time off the clock is extremely important to me, and having a flexible schedule means I can work the hours that best maximize my time that I can spend outside of work. This supports having a healthy lifestyle outside of work, as I feel that is extremely important. I've also come to learn that through some talks with my upper management, and have also approached management for advice outside of work (I'm looking to buy my first home soon and received great advice from my manager).
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Helpful Coworkers & Managment
Cons
Lower Salary, Extremely Fast Paced and Easy to Fall Behind
Typical day
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 18, 2018
Management is very helpful and attentive to my needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am adding value to the end user's daily activities.
Benefits
Cons
Unknowns
Typical staffing agency
Materials Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2018
It was great working at Belcan, other than the temporary nature applicable to all staffing agencies. It was easy to get along with the boss, they were flexible on schedule. Relatively straightforward to get hired at client if job is indefinite, as long as you did a good job.
Pros
pay, flexibility, culture
Cons
temporary contract work for the most part
Good company but needs to value their senior level and experienced workers
Senior Structural Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 1, 2018
A typical day was usually working analysis, or discussing analysis. There were not too many meetings, but that also depends on your task(s).

I gained additional structural analysis experience while at Belcan.

The management was so/so. Usually "reactive" and not "pro-active".

The workplace culture is typically pretty relaxed and almost "fun" at times. Again, depends on which manager you get.

Hardest Part of the job was keeping up with all of the various skillsets that are expected of one as a structures engineer.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers and the flexible schedule.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Good people to work with
Cons
Pay for experienced engineers is not competitive
Productive and challenging place to work
Temp Layoff (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJanuary 31, 2018
I enjoyed working at Belcan. The management/engineering team worked diligently to aid in throughput of the products being built. The workers are hard working, but friendly people who take pride in delivering a quality product
Regional staffing firm
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 18, 2017
The division I began working in was new with the company and was small and it didn't get much attention. The company has a history of success and a positive culture, just be sure to align with a successful division.
Great place
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 16, 2017
Great place to work at. The environmental aspect of the work place is nice. I left due a furlough that happens Abd I ended up getting another job. Manager is Aldo good
I enjoyed it but the culture is changing
IT Analyst/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for Belcan but they were bought out and now the culture is changing. I enjoyed it all the way up until I was laid off. The benefits are just ok and the pay isn't the greatest.
Belcan is excellent in rewarding their employees
Group Leader II / Group Leader I (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 2, 2017
I truly enjoyed working for Belcan because they strongly believed in rewarding their employees when a significant accomplishment was acquired. I led a large group of Engineers and we were a great team. The most enjoyable part of my job was when we faced a challenging project and the end result of the completed project was excellent.
Great Please
PD&E Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 12, 2017
Great place to work. relaxed fun and serious at times. Great work challenging and very competitive. Employees always had enough training and flex time.
Interesting and dedicated crew. Flexible working hours.
Engineering Assistant and Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2017
Interesting and dedicated crew. Flexible working hours. Monthly lunch meetings with pizza brought in. Well educated workers, diversity in co-workers.
lack of compensation
Project manager / Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MASeptember 23, 2017
lack of compensation, lack of advancement. No job security.
lack of leadership. No culture of career improvement .
No corporate programs to improve workforce skills.
Great culture, some bad departments
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CASeptember 14, 2017
A generally good place to work. I liked my co-workers for the most part, the management was good. The supervisor of my department however was very difficult to deal with.
Also of note if you are on second shift, the cafe is typically closed by the time you get your 30 minute break.
Pros
$5 lunch at the cafe, good culture
Cons
Some bad eggs in coworkers
Knowledgeable Team With Great Leadership
Airframe Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 14, 2017
The team at Belcan was very knowledgeable and collaborative and willing to help if needed. The projects were both exciting and challenging to keep pushing you forward.
Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 23, 2017
Belcan provides an enjoyable work environment. Everyone does their all to satisfy the customer's needs. Not only the employees but upper management has a philanthropic bent, supporting the local community whenever they can.
Pros
An enjoyable work environment
Cons
No comment
an interesting culture of people who care about the business and the customer
Packaging Line Inspector (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 22, 2017
very innovative
cost conscious
relaxed atmosphere with professionalism
an interesting culture of employees who care about the business and the customer
very dedicated to the consumer
Pros
benefits, flexibility, training
Cons
more automation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belcan. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.2Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight