Belco Equities, Inc. Employee Reviews

Would recommend Belco to anyone
Assistant Manager/ Manager in training (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 27, 2017
I have been a long time employee of Belco Equities and a resident at two of their communities. In both aspects I have been completely happy! Especially with my housing discount.

Like most companies, there are pros and cons, however the pros far exceed the cons.

I have worked at many of the properties, starting as a floating leasing agent, so I know many of the employees in the company. The parties that Belco throw for us also allow us to meet other employees in the company and not just our immediate co-workers. As a result, there is a positive and happy work environment in almost any community you work at.

I'm not sure why some of the other reviewers say that upper management doesn't care about you if you don't know the "right" people. That's not a fair comment. I don't have a clue who the "right" people are nor do I know many of the people that work at the home office that well, but the interaction I have had with them has been pleasant, friendly, and caring.

Overall, it's an excellent company, pay is fair, and benefits are great. I hope to have a long and prosperous career with Belco Equities.
Pros
Positive work environment, encouraging management, cross training, great co-workers, benefits, company events, job security, paid time off, bonuses, focus on family and promotion
Cons
no south or out of state locations
A great company that feels like family
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2017
The best part of Belco is that you're not just another name. It's like being a part of family. If you take care of the company, the company takes care of you.

Pros: Competitive pay, free medical, paid time off, no micromanaging, holidays off (the day after Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Eve you're actually off. Other companies like Greystar make you work), 20-30% housing discounts, competitive bonuses. Both inside and outside staff receive monthly bonuses as long you're above 90%. The bonuses are split evenly which is nice because the office isn't so cut throat and competitive.

Cons: there is no overtime pay which is what some maintenance staff members in other companies count on for extra income. Comp time is given instead. However, oftentimes employees don't realize how burnt out you can get when working more than the standard 40 hours each week. This forces them to take the time off so that this doesn't happen.

All in all, if you're looking for a job that is solely about the money - bigger companies might be the better fit for you (though the pay is pretty in line with other companies these days). However, if money is the goal, you'll always be looking for more. With Belco, you'll receive competitive pay for the work that you do and as long as you're doing your job (and doing it well) then you can count on having a job - and you can't buy that.
Great Company to work for
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 29, 2017
I been with Belco Equities, Inc. for almost 10 years and counting. Great work life balance, Belco Equities, Inc. also offers really good benefits. I just love the positive work environment and my amazing team.
Pros
Great team spirit
Cons
Honestly, I couldn't find any cons.
Going down hill FAST.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Very secretive upper management is very disorganized, poor communicators with staff, and definitely has their favorite employee duo, everyone else gets blown off.

They also only communicate with you about things they are unhappy about. - seriously does something to your self esteem. Don't expect any praise or gratitude.
Lowest pay benefits in Austin for apartment management.

Slow vacation accrual, only 2 weeks a year and minimal paid holidays (took 4th of July and Labor Day away).

Many employees unhappy with how the company has been changing within the last year, don't see it changing for the good anytime soon. Instead of changing with the times like many other companies in Austin, they seem to be going backwards.
Pros
Co-workers, holiday party
Cons
Low pay, Upper Management, Pto

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belco Equities, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Belco Equities, Inc. Reviews by Location