Belfor Property Restoration Employee Reviews

Belfor
Contract Worker, Demolition (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 21, 2019
Great company. Good atmosphere and work environment. Everyone is laid back. As long as you do the job you will have no issues. They take good care of the workers.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Distance driving to certain jobs
Definitely a Boys Club Environment
NATIONAL ACCOUNT COMPLIANCE (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIFebruary 8, 2019
This company is very siloed in how it operates. None of the departments worked together very well and there was very poor communication from the C-Level management down.

It seemed as though they also undervalued their employees, especially their female employees, who were often paid less than their male counterparts or didn't receive an annual bonus when a male employee would.

The management also did not handle workplace bullying or gossip very well. Very toxic environment.
Lots of hours
Lead Restoration Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 4, 2019
The hardest part of the job is the long hours and not getting paid based on your experience. Being on call 12 days of the month along with the regular long hours doesn't give much time of home life. They don't promote quickly in house.
Micro Managed
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 30, 2019
I enjoyed my job, my direct supervisor was great. I liked working on job sites when needed. Was always available to my direct supervisor, these things don't mean that much to upper management. There is a lack of professionalism in this company.
fast paced
Project Manager/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJanuary 23, 2019
traveled to job sites daily monitoring demolition and reconstruction

managing people and delegating responsibilities

knowledgeable ability to plan and execute jobs quickly and efficiently

to much drama and gossip very Juvenal

every changing SOP lack of communication

traveling to other parts of the country
Pros
opportunity
Cons
struggle for anual review
i was not impressed with this company
Water Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJanuary 9, 2019
while there are a few good people at Belfor the most of the people did not seem to care. the management did not care about employees needs or care to ask them about what would make their jobs better
Don't do it!!
Executive Assistant/Office Manager/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2019
Employees are not valued and are not compensated appropriately. In certain roles they expect you to be on call 24/7 but there's no compensation for being on call. Old boy's club so no advancement for women.
Work place
Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CADecember 27, 2018
There some great offices n some not so great. love the traveling. But there ain't no pay raises in 14 yrs of employment and cost of living is getting to expensive and they cant Compensate for the rise of gas prices. And rent .
It was a great place to work
Senior Project Manager / Estimator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Belfor. I would be more then happy to return to there company. Working at Belfor was exciting and a honor to be part of there family.
More bad than good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 26, 2018
The good: taught me a lot! There is training if you choose to take it. Pay was very good for the area. .

The bad: I can only speak on my immediate supervisor. He was very arrogant, thought women were objects, disliked all minorities and would put them down. The only reason this person is still here is because he has some very lucrative accounts. Regional Manager was good, just wished he would have put his "two cents in" once in awhile. Say they will pay you your commission but don't.
Pros
Co workers were great!
Cons
Immediate manager, management looks the other way on discrimination

Want to know more about Belfor Property Restoration?

Ask a question
poor manager
,painter rebuild structure damaged by flood (Current Employee) –  AlbertaDecember 22, 2018
the manager is unexperience,not professional in work place...company policy is always good,but the manager and the fore man in the wrong place and wrong skills...
nice place
SENIOR ROJECT MANAGER/ESTIMATOR (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 6, 2018
Great benefits
Great workers
Great management team
Great vehicle maintenance
Great account packages
Great benefits packages

On-call is difficult to juggle
Sales executives (Former Employee) –  Puerto Rico Nort Carolina TennesseeNovember 24, 2018
Productive learn a lot good company good managers and employers grate security hard work learn a lot of these company and hou yo di aby job and meat people from different places
Pros
Free lunch and pay the place you are going to stay
Cons
I didnt got to have pay vacations or health care because it was for a short piriade
I learned by asking alot of questions because I wanted to do a good job for the company, to be consistent I relied on the people I could trust.
Project Auditor (Former Employee) –  Exton, PANovember 20, 2018
little to no training and little to no guidance from management.
limited communication between other districts and others regarding forms, information to be submitted, policies and procedures. no standard protocol to follow and constant changes to workflow.
inter company politics plays a heavy roll in all areas.
If I could give less than one star I would
Mitigation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PANovember 15, 2018
This company is involved in age discrimination and other unfortunate discriminatory actions. The only thing Belfor is concerned with is what is good for Belfor. They do not care about YOU, they care about BELFOR.
Pros
None. Stay as far away as you can
Cons
Lies, deception, discrimination, harassment
Positive attitudes and a real sense of team work.
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 8, 2018
My experience at Belfor was incredible. Would have loved to continue there but unfortunately cuts had to be made. Belfor opened me up to new experiences that I would like to continue.
Pros
Good training and resources for employee development.
Cons
During disaster periods work can run seven days a week for months at a time.
Some managers are great to work for, but company culture is disappointing
Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 8, 2018
I’ve worked with this company for several years, traveled within different regions and worked with different managers. This is my opinion based on my experience here compared to what I have experienced at other companies in this industry and beyond.

This is a company that expects tasks to be completed regardless of the amount of time it takes (think long hours when it’s busy) despite of the position or whether or not an individual receives overtime pay.

Not every office regularly has heavy work loads, but when an influx of work does come in, 80-95 hour work weeks are not at all uncommon. Some I know have worked significant more than that. It’s not at all uncommon for 50 hours/week to be standard. Again, this is regardless of position.

Overtime is often viewed as a “bonus” and used in calculations when salary increases are reviewed. It’s difficult to get a raise even as additional duties are added to the work load (and trust me, they will be). This has been the case in my experience even if the last increase was more than three years ago. It seems to be a company wide issue with the corporate office vetoing raises requested locally on occasion or objecting to the amount. There are no regular performance evaluations (there are probably office to office exceptions, but this is not monitored by corporate). If you want a raise or to be reviewed (because an outside perspective on your work product is helpful), you have advocate on your own behalf. I personally find it uncomfortable to have to ask management directly for an evaluation or a raise.

The final piece that causes
  more... my rating to be so low is related to growth within the company. I’ve seen rare exceptions during my years with this company, but there is no clear path to promotion. There is an online training system, but it’s not clear how an employee who takes full advantage of this system (which would be difficult given the work load) could move into a different role after completing training. Some positions offer no advancement options unless an individual’s skill set allow them to take on additional work. Again, this additional work normally comes without a raise or a change in title.

With all of this energy being spent by employees on the company’s behalf, employees interacting with corporate staff and in some cases, other regions, are often treated poorly. Corporate focuses a lot or finding fault instead of supporting and this trickles down. In some cases, interactions may be unprofessional because of the level of stress and work load, but often, it seems unprofessional because of the level of ego. For example, individuals of equal rank rudely instructing their peers and ccing several members of management or emails in all caps from an “important” person. Communication in general could be better as there are no consequences for being completely unresponsive or failing to communicate policy changes even on a corporate level.

I stay because I like the pace and the challenge, but I’ve had to have many chats with management to carve out terms that work for me and my family.
Pros
Fast paced, not boring work, the ability to travel, always something to learn, some really good/pleasant managers
Cons
Terrible work/life balance, poor communication, antiquated view of work force as a company, overtime consider as a bonus for the employee, very slow/reluctant salary increases, lack of diversity in the work force (particularly leadership), very few opportunities for official growth, very frequent corporate policy change, a lot of egos to deal with, corporate focuses a lot on finding fault instead of supporting
Not a great place
CONTENTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 6, 2018
You are required to work overtime and there is no work life balance. Management is terrible and employees do not want to work at all.
Do not expect to go very far in this company.
they dont care about you at all.
intermediate carpenter (Former Employee) –  oregonOctober 25, 2018
corporate bull. They could care less how much you work or what time of night you will be done just to meet their deadlines, that they waited too long to start, therefore you're stuck fixing there mess.they cut corners wherever they can on the work and products that they are replacing.
Pros
living
Cons
working for them
Productive and fun place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 6, 2018
Very great place to work.. very nice and intelligent staff very helpful..nice working environment.it was hard at first but the learning experience was a plus .. learned things new everyday on the job meet some great people
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belfor Property Restoration. Our community is ready to answer.