Belfor Property Restoration Employee Reviews

nice place
SENIOR ROJECT MANAGER/ESTIMATOR (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 6, 2018
Great benefits
Great workers
Great management team
Great vehicle maintenance
Great account packages
Great benefits packages

On-call is difficult to juggle
Sales executives (Former Employee) –  Puerto Rico Nort Carolina TennesseeNovember 24, 2018
Productive learn a lot good company good managers and employers grate security hard work learn a lot of these company and hou yo di aby job and meat people from different places
Pros
Free lunch and pay the place you are going to stay
Cons
I didnt got to have pay vacations or health care because it was for a short piriade
I learned by asking alot of questions because I wanted to do a good job for the company, to be consistent I relied on the people I could trust.
Project Auditor (Former Employee) –  Exton, PANovember 20, 2018
little to no training and little to no guidance from management.
limited communication between other districts and others regarding forms, information to be submitted, policies and procedures. no standard protocol to follow and constant changes to workflow.
inter company politics plays a heavy roll in all areas.
If I could give less than one star I would
Mitigation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PANovember 15, 2018
This company is involved in age discrimination and other unfortunate discriminatory actions. The only thing Belfor is concerned with is what is good for Belfor. They do not care about YOU, they care about BELFOR.
Pros
None. Stay as far away as you can
Cons
Lies, deception, discrimination, harassment
Positive attitudes and a real sense of team work.
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 8, 2018
My experience at Belfor was incredible. Would have loved to continue there but unfortunately cuts had to be made. Belfor opened me up to new experiences that I would like to continue.
Pros
Good training and resources for employee development.
Cons
During disaster periods work can run seven days a week for months at a time.
Some managers are great to work for, but company culture is disappointing
Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 8, 2018
I’ve worked with this company for several years, traveled within different regions and worked with different managers. This is my opinion based on my experience here compared to what I have experienced at other companies in this industry and beyond.

This is a company that expects tasks to be completed regardless of the amount of time it takes (think long hours when it’s busy) despite of the position or whether or not an individual receives overtime pay.

Not every office regularly has heavy work loads, but when an influx of work does come in, 80-95 hour work weeks are not at all uncommon. Some I know have worked significant more than that. It’s not at all uncommon for 50 hours/week to be standard. Again, this is regardless of position.

Overtime is often viewed as a “bonus” and used in calculations when salary increases are reviewed. It’s difficult to get a raise even as additional duties are added to the work load (and trust me, they will be). This has been the case in my experience even if the last increase was more than three years ago. It seems to be a company wide issue with the corporate office vetoing raises requested locally on occasion or objecting to the amount. There are no regular performance evaluations (there are probably office to office exceptions, but this is not monitored by corporate). If you want a raise or to be reviewed (because an outside perspective on your work product is helpful), you have advocate on your own behalf. I personally find it uncomfortable to have to ask management directly for an evaluation or a raise.

The final piece that causes
  more... my rating to be so low is related to growth within the company. I’ve seen rare exceptions during my years with this company, but there is no clear path to promotion. There is an online training system, but it’s not clear how an employee who takes full advantage of this system (which would be difficult given the work load) could move into a different role after completing training. Some positions offer no advancement options unless an individual’s skill set allow them to take on additional work. Again, this additional work normally comes without a raise or a change in title.

With all of this energy being spent by employees on the company’s behalf, employees interacting with corporate staff and in some cases, other regions, are often treated poorly. Corporate focuses a lot or finding fault instead of supporting and this trickles down. In some cases, interactions may be unprofessional because of the level of stress and work load, but often, it seems unprofessional because of the level of ego. For example, individuals of equal rank rudely instructing their peers and ccing several members of management or emails in all caps from an “important” person. Communication in general could be better as there are no consequences for being completely unresponsive or failing to communicate policy changes even on a corporate level.

I stay because I like the pace and the challenge, but I’ve had to have many chats with management to carve out terms that work for me and my family.
Pros
Fast paced, not boring work, the ability to travel, always something to learn, some really good/pleasant managers
Cons
Terrible work/life balance, poor communication, antiquated view of work force as a company, overtime consider as a bonus for the employee, very slow/reluctant salary increases, lack of diversity in the work force (particularly leadership), very few opportunities for official growth, very frequent corporate policy change, a lot of egos to deal with, corporate focuses a lot on finding fault instead of supporting
Not a great place
CONTENTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 6, 2018
You are required to work overtime and there is no work life balance. Management is terrible and employees do not want to work at all.
Do not expect to go very far in this company.
they dont care about you at all.
intermediate carpenter (Former Employee) –  oregonOctober 25, 2018
corporate bull. They could care less how much you work or what time of night you will be done just to meet their deadlines, that they waited too long to start, therefore you're stuck fixing there mess.they cut corners wherever they can on the work and products that they are replacing.
Pros
living
Cons
working for them
Productive and fun place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 6, 2018
Very great place to work.. very nice and intelligent staff very helpful..nice working environment.it was hard at first but the learning experience was a plus .. learned things new everyday on the job meet some great people
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Excellent Company and opportunity to succeed
SALES/ESTIMATOR/PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2018
Great place to work, grow, and succeed. I was able to move up within the company and gain a lot of experience. Great corporate support and resources. The company works well as a team
I enjoyed working with them
Pipefitter, Restoration (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Productive and will organized, friendly atmosphere. I enjoyed working with all of the employees and management, when we needed anything, we got it. I would work for them again, but need more pay.
Productive and fun place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 22, 2018
Water damage, Fire damage, Mold damage.
RESTORING MORE THAN PROPERTY

Flooding. Fires. Windstorms. Hundreds of thousands of clients rely on BELFOR Property Restoration each year to rebuild their lives, homes, and businesses. We're Restoring More Than Property.
Management needs work
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Managers need to take a mandatory HR course on how to treat your employees. Belfor needs to get with times and pay their employees fairly. They do not give raises and if you are one of the lucky ones don't expect more than a dollar. This company is a "good ole boy" company. There are NO woman or African Americans in the GM role, only white men who use and abuse the system.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Pay
The environment in the work place is uncomfortable
RESTORATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 3, 2018
The work environment is uncomfortable, but we have steady work. Co-workers often get into shouting matches with management because there is never a set schedule, and no one cares.
Loved It
General Worker (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 1, 2018
Working for Belfor was the best job experience i could of gotten not only did i learn so much i loved working their. We did new things everyday you could nevr get bored. i was a lilttel sad when the finih all their contract. but great job to have
Lonely environment with very little support
Property Restoration - Director of Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 8, 2018
Lack of new hire training, policy procedures and lack of culture. Very focused on hard selling and not interested in allowing successful practices to be implied because that is not the way certain managers do it. Even if the region/state needed to adjust to the culture.
Fast paced
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 3, 2018
The job is very fast paced and there are always new challenges. Workplace is a little unorganized and not consistent. You do for the most part receive adequate training.
Fast-paced Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 30, 2018
BELFOR is a water, fire, and natural disaster restoration company. the goal of the Customer Service Representative is to listen the caller and quickly assess their need, document the information they provide you, and get it to the on-call who will dispatch an emergency crew to respond.

I was able to learn, for me, the best way of quickly establishing rapport with the callers and BELFOR employees in order to service the needs of the caller as quickly and efficiently as possible.

The culture of the Customer Service Center is relaxed yet professional, and has a good management team willing to stand behind you and provide you the training necessary to perform the job.

The hardest part of the job was during times of natural disaster (wildfires, hurricanes, tornadoes and floods) because the call volume was extremely high.

The best part of the job is knowing that you've done everything you can possibly do to provide the best service and to help the caller during a time of need.
Good Place to work
Carpenter Supr/Project Mgr (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2018
Its a good place to work with fast paced atmosphere. Opportunities for over time but not really any chance for advancement in certain offices. Dependable place and great company
great work
Contract Labor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
organized and understandig the operation on how to over come restoration in a 500 plus group.lots of work for a short period of time only bad thing was seasnal and filtered there groups out when they had enough of the group they were asigned
Pros
scheduled
Cons
Hazordus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belfor Property Restoration. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about