Belk Employee Reviews

Found 2,870 reviews matching the search See all 2,877 reviews
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 12, 2018
Nice work environment, employees are really nice and helpful, days could be chill and relaxed, but could also be busy and crazy overall it was a good place to work.
Produtive environment
Belk Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCOctober 12, 2018
Working at belk taught me alot.
I learned to be more organized and watch out for little things. It kept me busy at all times. I learned how to handle things when im stressed. It was a learning environment for me.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Sales Floor Associate- Shoe Dept (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LA 70726October 12, 2018
Great company to work for. They are like a family. Very professional atmosphere. Some roles are hourly, some are comission. I loved working here and would definitely come back. I just wish they had more full time positions available which is only what is the issue.
Pros
Discount, lunch breaks, friendly team, fair management
Cons
Not many full time positions, must be full time to recieve benefits, no security in parking lot for employees, pay rate is low for commission workers
Overall Great place to work
Customer service representative/ Sales rep (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 9, 2018
Belk is a great place to work. There very organized and always looking to help out when they can. Very good atmosphere to work. I highly recommend them.
A fun, beautiful workplace with quality products.
Beauty Advisor-Lancome (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 9, 2018
A lively paced counter position with great client contact and relationships. A very fun experience working with regional and national makeup artists and booking events for all!
Great place
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCOctober 9, 2018
Great place to work, but not much room to grow into the company, Enjoyed dealing with customers, and making everyone happy and satisfied. I would recommend to a friend
Everyone felt like family.
Maintenance Supervisor/ Operation Team (Former Employee) –  Easley, S.C.October 8, 2018
This was the best job I had because I was able to be home with my wife at night. I was able to attend ally my religious meetings and able to engage in my volunteer work.
Pros
Close to home after I transferred from Anderson store.
Cons
They didnt give me pay raises that I was entitled.
fast paced
shoe associate (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCOctober 8, 2018
i was expected to move very fast all day to handle customers as well as take care of the department. The management was okay but there's no room for advancement.
would rather not say
Sales Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 8, 2018
very unrealistic place to work. all ways had a smell. constantly forcing you to get credit. never enough staff to serve the customers and did not feel like associates mattered.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 8, 2018
Fun place to work, and good people to work with. The best thing about working at Belk is you got to see the new products before anyone else! That was my favorite, other than the people being friendly.
positive work environment
CLINICAL LEVEL CLINIQUE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 7, 2018
I enjoyed my job with Belk because the work environment was always positive. Management was fair and helpful with any assistance needs. The clientele in the store was great. Most employees were happy and helpful.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
low pay
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 7, 2018
Assist customers with existing credit accounts payments, cashier duties and customer service
· Restock and arrange floor layout; created appealing displays to encourage consumer spending
Belk was an experience...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 6, 2018
Belk was my first job after high school and I couldn’t have asked for a better one. If you approach the staff with a positive attitude, everyone will look out for you a support you. It was almost like one big family.
very good job very fun too work at
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSOctober 6, 2018
the job was easy to fulfill I learned how to do mark downs put items where they belong on shelves. management there could be better. the hardest part about my job is when they want a person to do one thing then turn around and call you to do something else when they already got a person doing a another. the enjoyable apart about my job was working with people helping customer's out when they need help and when we did fundraiser events.
Great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 6, 2018
This was my second ever job and first retail job and i loved it. I worked in the Mens' department and all of my coworkers and the managers were very friendly. We had a meeting every morning before the store opened. I mostly loved working there cause of my coworkers, plus the customers were pretty awesome minus a few. Working at belk was a genuinely enjoyable retail job. For anyone living in columbia i highly recommend working at the one in richland mall, its a great work culture and i learned a lot.
Pros
Free snacks, meals around thanksgiving and christmas, discount on products
Challenging Day
Manager (Current Employee) –  SCOctober 5, 2018
A typical day various from day to day especially with different size stores. Have learned how to find information without help due to the unfortunate lack of training. The hardest part of the job is getting plans achieved due to the lack of communication from upper management and most enjoyable is helping other people succeed.
Belk is under new management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 5, 2018
Belk is under new management. I have no idea how the company runs today. All of the managers that I knew when I worked at Belk are gone so I do not have an opinion of Belk
Good experience
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 5, 2018
Good place to work if you are only looking for part time. Management was fine. You have to be full time in order to get benefits and they don't offer many full time positions.
Belk
Merchandising Training Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 4, 2018
Belk was a great company but unfortunately is undergoing various changes within the company. I enjoyed my time there but needed more growth opportunity for my career.
Internship
Executive Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 3, 2018
Belk was an internship, where i sharpened my customer service skills. It started off as an intership in college and i was offered a "full time seasonal" position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belk. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight