Belk Employee Reviews

Found 2,995 reviews matching the search See all 3,003 reviews
Pretty Good job.
Receiving associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VADecember 13, 2018
Was a temporary worker for belk due to being in college at the time but i was very grateful that i had a schedule around my classes. simple and basic work load. Amazing co-workers and fair management.
Productive Company on the cusp of developing eCommerce
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jonesville, SCDecember 11, 2018
I enjoy working here. There is a great amount of diversity. The culture and the people make every work day fun and exciting. I look forward to growing with this company.
Pros
Challenging and Progressive
Cons
Minimal Holidays
overall good place to work during christmas holiday
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 10, 2018
good place to work anf meet new people during the Christmas holiday. I enjoy the friendly staff and discounts that were provided. The managers were awesome
family atmosphere
Clinique Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLDecember 10, 2018
company makes you feel valued and treats you like family. They are open to listen to new ideas from their employees. They are willing to work with you conflicts arise.
Overall great place to work
Over home dept an help in other departments (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 10, 2018
Belk was very productive made you feel like family patient understanding I loved my job at Belk was just a bad time in my life at the end would highly recommend working at Belk it was my favorite job
Pros
Flexible take time to help if needed friendly co - workers good pay
Cons
John
Temp Job
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FL 32086December 9, 2018
Got hired on as a seasonal worker. Entire team showed little enjoyment in the workplace. Hours would fluctuate from week to week with no set schedule. Not my favorite.
Has it ups and downs
Merchandie Processor (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 8, 2018
I worked at a location in a mall. The hours were okay, management was very distant after the hiring process was complete. they like micromanaging and working in teams
Pros
goof benefits for part time and full time employees
Cons
management does not distribute hours evenly among parttimers
Poor communication
Seasonal Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 8, 2018
I would not recommend Belk. I was hired as a seasonal merchandiser and went thru a training session. After training session, there was no communication between human resources and store management. It took them 9 days from training to scheduling my first day of work. They called me the night before I was supposed to start my first day and asked me to come in at 5 am the next morning. Very unprofessional!
Pros
My pay rate was good
Cons
poor communication, unprofessional and disrespectul management
Friendly Staff
Belk Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GADecember 7, 2018
The staff here were always welcoming to other employees and customers. Most workers had a smile on their face 24/7 while in the building. They knew when to joke around and when to be serious.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
unorganized, short breaks
Likely Not To Voluntarily Recommend
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jonesville, SCDecember 6, 2018
I would rather not give a review about Belk. I think some things are better left unsaid. The only thing I will say is, Belk does not have the best reputation.
No better work environment!
Security (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSDecember 6, 2018
I don't think Belk had any intention of providing employment, beyond 45days. There was no environmental training, such as fire, weather,safe place locations, lost child, medical emergency, so on so forth!

Donnie Webb
Pros
One hour lunch, very friendly co-workers and management.
Cons
No emergency training!
A great place to work is belk.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSDecember 5, 2018
It's a good work place you will love to be there. They treat you like family you always welcome. The main thing you have to work. Manager they take time out to ask you how your day are going making sure you are good throw out the day.
A great learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paragould, AR 72450December 4, 2018
The environment was easy going, but could turn on a dime. The work is largely metrics based (store credit card apps, sales, online orders) so expect to hear a lot about those. I learned how to handle some very difficult, and sometimes gross, situations while here. After working here, it's pretty hard to shake me up. The work is usually pretty standard and easy, but expect to do quite a bit out of your area (e.g. working an afternoon in Home Department when you were hired in Ladies or Shoe Department). It is also fairly common to get scheduled to work on the processing team (Unloading merchandise from the truck, putting out new merchandise onto the sales floor) which usually work overnight shifts, even if you were hired as a sales floor associate. Sometimes this wasn't a big deal, sometimes it leads to high stress situations since they don't cross-train you for other areas. However, most of the associates are really nice and always willing to help out whether you are a new hire or have been there for years.
Pros
(Typically) Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Scheduling outside of your assigned area without proper cross-training
Belks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 3, 2018
Belks has changed a lot! It’s has went from having plenty of staff that had put in a lot of time with the company to unreliable new hire and over worked dependable unappreciated employees that need there jobs! I’m afraid that if something doesn’t change Belks in our area want last long!!! The management is not consistent “all or nothing”, over looks things for some and over dose it on others!! One store locks the outside door that takes a key to open to keep employees from leaving at night.Belks never has enough sales associates on the schedule and you cant service the customer like we should and they get upset. Overly considered about it getting credit card application and customer service survey!!! The customers talk to employees very poorly. You will never get a full pay increase because your pay is based off of the number of credit card applications you get and how the store scores on customers service surveys so no matter how well you do someone else poor service effects your pay.
Pros
My long time customers
Cons
Pay, work schedule, staffing amount and quality, coupons that never work, low stock on hit demand items
Low morale, cutthroats get rewarded
Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 3, 2018
There are good legitimate reasons why Belk was named among the worse companies in North Carolina to work for. Middle management has ignorance policy regarding problems. In time these problems fester and become worse. Morale is very low.
Respect for humans who pay for corporate salaries is non existent. Rubbish rolls downhill. Unless you are a selfish, self centered narcissistic and greedy, you will not do well here.
Pros
Cons
avoid this company
Seasonal
Operations Associate / Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 3, 2018
This position was seasonal and the labor was not bad at all. I loved the people I worked with and loved the discounts during the holidays.They were not flexible around holiday days off.
Love my Belk team! And the people I got to meet. Great management!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCDecember 2, 2018
Belk. A great place to shop. Friendly associates. And a wonderful manager! Working there could be difficult. Depending on the day and the duties you were responsible for. Got very strict at the end. Store could use some remodeling. Overall I loved working there.
Pros
Manager associates discount hour breaks.
Cons
Strict. Low on staff. Not enough hours. Dirty.
Nice work enviroment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNNovember 30, 2018
At Belk you have quite the diversity, many different styles, colors and sizes at Belk. The management was very shifty. There were 2 different store managers in the nearly a year I worked there, the first manager had just started, she was very friendly, and made sure everyone was doing the best to their abilities. the second manager was more headstrong, making sure everyone was kept in order, which sometimes she could be very rude and disrespectful. During the day you cannot have food or drinks on the floor or any personal belongings, you can only have water. You always have to dress up, slacks with a nice shirt and nice shoes, basically your sunday best. My personal favorite part of the job was making sure all the customers had a smile on their face, getting to know them better, and seeing them walk out with the smile on their face, like they got exactly what they wanted plus more.
Pros
co-workers, discounts
Cons
Short breaks, coverage in your area, management
awful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canton, GANovember 30, 2018
work load not evenly distributed. crowded floor space. holiday hours awful. there were no pros to this job. Management was rude and hateful. Pay checks constantly wrong.
Very productive and busy scenery
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSNovember 29, 2018
This was a very busy job, stayed busy. i learned the customers they come in regularly so i know them very well. The management was great and love the business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belk. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Belk.

Powered by Comparably