Bell American

Bell American Employee Reviews

Pay is low. Hours are flexible. Good for a first time job. Not much room for moving up. Was wanting to be hired as a GM. Started as a shift lead hoping to train for GM.
No time for anything outside of work. Must be available at all times even during scheduled time off. Decent money when you run the right numbers, but is that worth it if you can't spend time with your family? And if you ever ask for help, you're brushed off or belittled. Some really nice people work there though.
There is a fun banter that goes on when it is slower if you can get involved. However, people will easily turn if one poor comment is made. Management did not admit when they were in the wrong about certain things.
Pros
Discounted or free food
Cons
Breaks not required, refused to give extra staff to certain shifts
Taco Bell is easy but the environment of the management team, is dysfunctional. It’s hard to communicate with the managers and it’s hard to get the hours you really need.
This franchise is a great one to work for. They go above and beyond to make their employees happy. I would recommend this company anyone looking for advancement.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I enjoyed my time with this company. My RGM was very focused on providing great customer service by training and leading by example. I would suggest this company to any.
It was an antagonizing experience, the staff is cool but the managers are actively about money and numbers, there's definitely room for advancement 👌
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
Staff happiness, Manangement
One day a customer came threw drive thru and ordered some tacos . They received the wrong order so I kindly handed them a free taco of their choice coupon & gave them the right order .
do your research to ensure you all things good and bad about this employer. you will not be told all details of your job via training. trainers are there to get paid, not educate!
what i learned why working at taco bell that there are people in the work place that actually care for you. that your not always alone. working with people that are super funny an always confident was always on the plus side of working there. some the management was always looking to better for becoming a manger there or for the future at other places.
It was great working at this company. I Lear lots of new things My work it was really good. I did everything from hire to training ordering inventory. Running a plus operation
I enjoyed the job very much. It was fast-paced and things were always changing on a day-to-day basis. However, the store performance was directly affected by how effective the manager and area coach worked in union with each store location.
Bell American bought out southern bells, i worked there another 5 yrs till i couldnt take the above store leaders any longer, they dont have the same standards or culture i was brought up with!!
It’s a okay job for first time workers. I started off at 10$ a hour. And was working 40+ hours. And then my hours went down fast and then I wasn’t making enough money for a living
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Few hours
A typical day for me was jumping on line and helping make food until all orders were caught up and order to customer times were back to normal. The next task was talking to customers and taking orders and then asking them to fill out the surveys on the back or the receipts.
The corporation only cares about its higher ups and could careless about its employees. As long as the higher ups are happy“everyone”else should happy
I started at the Taco Bell with the understanding that I would be getting at least 30 hours a week. Then the RGM took a leave of absence. Other managers came in to"fix the mistakes"that the first manager was making which included the agreement on my hours. Next thing I know I'm only getting 15 hours a week. I signed up for the insurance because I was getting at least 30 hours a week. Now my whole paycheck is going to insurance.
They are a very great company and believe in second changes . fun and push you to your best great team work . you can learn alot from this comany . i worked for this company for 2 years and i loved it . i learned alot of life skills with them to take alone with me on my career and previous job also to pass along to my fellow co workers
It's a good company to work for. It has flexible hours with room for advancement. There are many locations available to be employed. You also get free meals on the days you work.
They have flexible hours and shifts as a team member and they have pretty decent programs for them but as soon as you move up in rank you have little flexibility with shifts. Managers are required to continue improving with little to none feed back or incentives to do better.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Managers that lack in their job
Worked for Bell American Group for a few years. Loved the culture and some of the upper management team. The company does a great job at promoting from within and developing their teams to be successful. Once you get into a management position you are pretty well taken care of. However, there is zero work life balance. As a manager you are required to be available 24/7. Be prepared to work very long hours and not have much time with family.
Pros
Free meals, great work culture, scholarship opportunities for crew members.
Cons
Long days, zero work life balance
  1. Employee Reviews