Bell American Group Employee Reviews

Working at Taco Bell
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale, INSeptember 19, 2019
A typical day for me was jumping on line and helping make food until all orders were caught up and order to customer times were back to normal. The next task was talking to customers and taking orders and then asking them to fill out the surveys on the back or the receipts.
Horrible
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 28, 2019
The corporation only cares about its higher ups and could careless about its employees. As long as the higher ups are happy“everyone”else should happy
Lack of Hours
Utility (Former Employee) –  Midway Park, NCJuly 27, 2019
I started at the Taco Bell with the understanding that I would be getting at least 30 hours a week. Then the RGM took a leave of absence. Other managers came in to"fix the mistakes"that the first manager was making which included the agreement on my hours. Next thing I know I'm only getting 15 hours a week. I signed up for the insurance because I was getting at least 30 hours a week. Now my whole paycheck is going to insurance.
Very great company
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 22, 2019
They are a very great company and believe in second changes . fun and push you to your best great team work . you can learn alot from this comany . i worked for this company for 2 years and i loved it . i learned alot of life skills with them to take alone with me on my career and previous job also to pass along to my fellow co workers
Good
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INJuly 6, 2019
It's a good company to work for. It has flexible hours with room for advancement. There are many locations available to be employed. You also get free meals on the days you work.
Flexability as a team member but none as a manager
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILMay 10, 2019
They have flexible hours and shifts as a team member and they have pretty decent programs for them but as soon as you move up in rank you have little flexibility with shifts. Managers are required to continue improving with little to none feed back or incentives to do better.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Managers that lack in their job
Long Days
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2019
Worked for Bell American Group for a few years. Loved the culture and some of the upper management team. The company does a great job at promoting from within and developing their teams to be successful. Once you get into a management position you are pretty well taken care of. However, there is zero work life balance. As a manager you are required to be available 24/7. Be prepared to work very long hours and not have much time with family.
Pros
Free meals, great work culture, scholarship opportunities for crew members.
Cons
Long days, zero work life balance
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 6, 2019
Great job very productive workplace for students and others. Always fast pace and the managers are great. Don’t work too hard no breaks the only downfall
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks
Bag
Taco Bell Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOOctober 2, 2018
Was nice had a good time there but like always things had to end . The staff was good to me and everybody got along well just lack of opportunity and not enough pay for the service but overall nice experience
Flexible scheduling
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2018
They were ok people to work with but everything so already so out of order when I got there because of poor management it was really a job to pay the bills with not to make a career
Fun and energetic
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 10, 2018
Taco Bell was a great company to work for they really helped promote me and develop me into a great manager and problem solver. I met a lot of great people through this company.
Not recommended
Human Resources Field Manager (Former Employee) –  State of IndianaJune 27, 2018
Not recommended, horrible place to work. I did not enjoy nor understand the processes it was get your bags packed and go here or go there...work life balance was horrible.
Fast pace environment,
Tacobell/KFC (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, INMay 23, 2018
If productive management staff is hired and kept, with well trained employees, there is no doubt buisness will flourish.
Management was at a low, couldn't keep employees. But with the hard work from the more serious staff, the work environment flowed and business was very good.
Cons
Short staff
With the right people it will run smoothly
Food Champion (Former Employee) –  Midway Park, NCFebruary 18, 2018
The overall time I've spent was decent I must say but sometimes the managers might show favoritism to some degree. But for the most part it was okay to me
Pros
Good employees and discounts
Cons
Favoritism
Shift Managers
Shift Manager/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCJanuary 4, 2018
Shift Managers are responsible for driving guest satisfaction, training employees, meeting financials, and ensuring food safety and cleanliness standards. ... Interaction with customers: receiving orders, processing sales and monies, and managing customer issues.
Summary of Taco Bell Bell American Group
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 11, 2015
This company was a decent company to work for. I was an above store leader but worked my way up through the ranks. They are growing after being purchased by the same company which owns the largest Applebee's franchise in the country. They want to grow, grow, grow as a company so opportunities for growth are definitely there. I learned a lot in my various roles from working with all types of personalities to building great teams. New items were coming out often so being able to quickly adapt is important. Great owners who care about the employees and a fast pace atmosphere make it a great place to work. The toughest part about the company was how busy they were and how often you found yourself understaffed .The pay was below average for above average fast food expectations and you often found people didn't last long.
Pros
Discounts on food, free food for management, tickets to various events such as Holiday World, benefits
Cons
Expensive medical benefits
Taco Bell, Fast Food, Management
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 26, 2013
If you enjoy working with people, working hard, and fast all the time it is a great job! The management is alright some of them are a little too strict to be at a fast food restaurant. Co-workers make or break your day. Most of them are fun and keep you on your toes. While others are rude and need to be kicked to the can. The hardest part of my job is when it gets extremely busy and I can not move to get other tasks complete and other crew members are in the same boat. It just gets a bit overwhelming at times. The more enjoyable part is definitely the bonds you have with your employees. It starts to feel like a family that grows and changes all the time.
Pros
Good benefits, Free food
Cons
Short Breaks, Little recognition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell American Group. Our community is ready to answer.