Bell Flight
79Above average

Bell Flight Employee Reviews

United States571 reviews
It was a good place to work and still friends with many old coworkers. Most of I had great management and help to do anything I wanted to in Textron. It is a great environment and I can't say enough good things about the people I had the pleasure of working with there.
Bell is a good company to work for. As a Defense related industry, you are at the mercy of the Congress to provide funds for the military programs that you are working on. Bell has to pay well because of lack of job security. The culture is to satisfy the Marines who flies the products. The Government Reps and the employees have a good working relationship.
Excellent training and great work environment. Learning something new each day and a great time. Great benefits and stock options and a company match. I loved it
When I was with Bell, trust was not a word I would have used to describe the culture. The union and the management were at complete odds. It was so difficult to move the needle in a positive direction because of this polarity. The management didn't trust their employees. There was a culture of making one pay their dues before work would be recognized. It made it difficult to be a younger employee there. Things may have changed in the last 5 years. This is just my experience.
Due to some unforeseen events I didn't work here long. My problems came up when I was trying to re-certify with the state that the problem arose. Since all my certs had expired and I couldn't get them back in time to stay on at Bell
Leave a review. Help people like you.
To many managers not enough doers. People here do not reward talent. It's become more and more like over the years. It is hard to do technical work for people who can't do it themselves.
The negative atmosphere created by the militant unions at this employer make every day a frustrating and disappointing place to work. The upper leadership does not support middle management and caters to the non-productive and grievance-oriented workforce. Employees who are not part of the union are bullied by union workers and union leadership. I’ve been in the workforce in Texas for almost 40 years, and this place shocked me. If you hope to work hard to get ahead, avoid this place. Other workers in the union will try and hold you back because they don’t want anyone to more than the minimum so every worker is seen as a union employee and not a person who can show initiative or innovation . The labor relations unit, which is supposed to enhance relationships between all work groups within the organization, actively works against management and promotes a lawless behavior by employees.
However in this market there is not job security. Benefits are just ok. A lot of new people. Payment are great. Every other Friday off and multicultural company which great.
My day started with a morning meeting to go over any problems or concerns. I was given work orders by my supervisor by importance. Sometimes worked with other crafts to complete jobs. Always looked for possible safety risks. Communicated with my supervisor on a regular basis. Made my rounds daily.
I cant understand why they terminate me because of my work or they have predetermined job requirements like this. Because on extention of probation reason just get signed from employee and then terminate & . No clear goal of hiring.
Work/Life balance is great, especially with the 9/80 work schedule. Job security and Advancement seemed positive. I liked those in management very much at this company. I was here for an internship so I can't speak too much for compensation and benefits.
Clean and well run shop. Learned a lot about helicopters and all the drive train components. Excellent tool crib that sets tools and use of the latest technology in regards to probes and toll length setting equipment.
Individual contributor working in a remote location with minimum supervision. Asked to perform a job and must deliver the performance to meet required goals.
Bell was a great place to work. I miss the people and the work. Management and HR have issues and there is a lot of favoritism. But overall, Bell was a great place to work.
I enjoyed my time at Bell, there are a lot of good people there who are proud of the work they produce to support the war fighter, job security is not the best as it is all based on government contract so, if the contract is reduced so are the people so it is hit and miss if you are going to have a job or not.
Great company to work
For. It has been a family affair now with 3 generations having worked for Bell. Great people to work with and a big family atmosphere.
The job is very rewarding but is mismanaged and very cliquey. The better you perform in your job the more work you do, while people who have been there for longer sit around and do not act professionally.
Education comes before intelligence.Put your time in and a new hire will be your boss because they have a degree.Fine,but you have to tell them how to do their job as they are drawing a bigger salary than you.Too much favoritism and buddy systems for such a big company.
Benefits
Cons
Lazy management
I enjoyed my time working at Bell. I learned a lot about the military and how Bell helps them. It was a good place to work but also stressful because of the way they do layoffs. They literally pull a name out of a hat when they have to lay someone off--no matter how hard you work, never miss work, or how much you cleaned up their backlogs on account payables, military spares and the other things I cleared up while working there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No benefits
After working and growing with Bell Flight.. I eventually felt like I was working around family.. I learned how to work with people from all over. Even got to work side by side with engineers and show them a couple of things that would make the process easier when it came to building aircraft blades, wing skins, and rotors etc..
Unfortunately, a company that has all of the ingredients to be a stellar place to work, is just the opposite. The CEO here allows the unions to dictate every aspect of the organization. There is no discipline, no respect for leaders or management, and no support whatsoever from the top. If the shareholders had any idea how the CEO let’s the unions run amok, they would be shocked to the core.
Pros
Global organization
Cons
Clueless CEO that is all flash and no substance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell Flight. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight