Bell Flight Employee Reviews

Bell Flight
Strategic Sourcing Buyer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 9, 2019
I worked at this company for almost 10 years got laid off due to union leaders not staying update on EEOC rules. This company though it paid well has leader that were hand picked from the a computer recycle bin. I did enjoy my time there as short as it was after being laid off for 3 three years. Vengeance belongs to God
Pros
Cons
all
Not fun
Sr. SAP Developer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Good company to work with.
Employee centric.
good flexibility on location and schedule
nice work environment.
Good compensation.
Employee educational benefits
it is a good place to work
IT AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXFebruary 6, 2019
holding meeting with contact person for walkthrough on infrastructure to be audited and test controls according to control objectives stated in the audit program
Decent First Professional Job Yet Contains Limited Career and Financial Growth
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 5, 2019
Bell is a decent place for a first job out of college. Depending on the group alot can be learned within the financial realm as well as the aerospace and defense contractor industry. However, I've found growth, movement, and pay to be virtually non existent. Unless you're heavily favored by management. It is very cliquey. I enjoy the work life balance and lack of stress overall however... it's very slow and noone seems to have incentive. They know they are all in line taking one slow step at a time when the person in front finally takes a step. Also very few people believe in Bell's rebranding mission, the population is still predominantly older traditional folks.
Pros
Low Stress; 9/80s; Lax envirnoment; open minded when it comes to projects
Cons
Pay; management favoritism; no remote opportunity
Innovative & Collaborative
Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2019
I am grateful to be working at Bell. The culture is highly supportive, innovative, and collaborative. People are open to new ideas and quickly apply them. They volunteer relevant information, tools, and resources. At follow up meetings, people deliver the items that they agreed to complete. People talk to each other with interest and excitement. It's fantastic to be part of a team and company where people bring their best every day in order to create amazing products and experiences for current and future customers. Bell's CEO and his team have done an amazing job transforming the culture and workplace.
Pros
Innovative, Collaborative, Technology Investment, People Investment
It was a job
Stand Operator (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJanuary 29, 2019
Management was a pain, paid well. If you are hourly plan on spending the next 10 years working the night shift. Always behind, always looking to make up from the lack of parts and so on.
New apprentice program
TOOL SERVICES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Bell Flight is still an amazing place to work. It may not be the Bell of 1980's, but it is developing into a lean, quickly evolving, and innovative company to work for. Bell has increased the number of the interns, as well as starting an apprentice program. It is working to develop skilled workforce.
Pros
9X80 work schedule, every other Friday off.
Cons
Management employees find themselves overworked, and difficult to manage work/life balance.
Typical large aerospace and defense company
Product Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Benefits are good. 9/80 schedule, flexible working hours depending on your boss and program that you're in.

Bell is great for engineering jobs, but doesn't focus on business or strategy as much.
Pros
flexible working hours, 9/80 schedule
Cons
difficult to get promoted if you're not an engineer
Typical large company culture
TOOL DESIGN ENGINEER SR (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 19, 2018
Friendly but product driven atmosphere to work in.
Workplace options offers a variety of benefits to their employees to include; wellness,training, advancement groups.
Changing environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  USNovember 25, 2018
Bell has been a great place to work but there is a definite culture change taking place.

While this new culture may be what appeals to some, it does not appeal to me.

The CEO seems to be focused on the future and growth but the level of management below creates a great deal of confusion for employees.

Things are not always as they seem but I am sure that's true in most businesses.
Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Great Place to work all three times I worked there.
CAD/CAM Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 24, 2018
I have worked at Bell Helicopter on three different occasions and on matter what my position was, I was treated with the most upright respect. Most all days, the culture created an environment of self worth as seen by others and pleasurable exchanges with everyone from strangers to cube mates.
The hardest part of the job was knowing when to stop working for the day. The job was so enjoyable that clock watching was never an issue.
Pros
All levels of Management were exceptional with subordinates
Cons
parking
Bell experienxe
Avionics Engineer/Lead (Former Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNNovember 15, 2018
Working for the Department of State was an exciting experience. The various configurations to accommodate there mission was an ongoing learning experience for the team and the customer.
Overall Review of Work Summary
Design/Liaison Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 13, 2018
Methods and attitude to solve technical enginiering so caled "reverse enginiering" was well implemented to design brand new Blade Rck for Blade of Helicopters.
Pros
all aproches innovative
Cons
no egzisting documentations or samples
Typical Union Company
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North TXNovember 13, 2018
There is not a lot of variety since this is a union company.
If in the union, advancement and flexibility is not an option.

If you are in management, you are limited to what the union contract allows you to do in regards to leading teams and process improvement.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Constant lay-offs and no flexibility in shift or career growth
Enjoyed working for Bell Helicopter as a contract employee
MANUFACTURING PLANNER SPEC (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 8, 2018
Very pleasant working conditions management was very helpful i learned that the other employees were great to work with and helpful to each other being allowed to help each other when things were confusing people were respectful of each other and i would go back to work at Bell anytime i always had plenty of work so the day was never boring kept busy until time to go home.
Bell needs to refocus
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 5, 2018
I worked for Bell for 10+ years. I had many instances of gender discrimination by members of management through the years and until my last position was I given a promotion based on my work ethic and experience. I was passed over for jobs I was already doing and those jobs given to men at higher pay with no experience. My PMP scores were always excellent so it was not due to my performance. As a member of management, you sit in meetings repeating the same status you gave in the meeting you were just in and every day is like this.
Pros
Large company brand, ability to work remotely, great co-workers
Cons
Recent management changes are driving people away.
Good place, changing from a helicopter company to an "innovation" leader
Customer Support & Services (CSS), Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXOctober 31, 2018
Bell is a good place to work, enjoyed the teaming environment, all in my group were focused on customer support and we do it well. Company is changing focus.
Pros
People
Cons
Indecisiveness
Great Benefits, Poor Leadership
Blade Technician II (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAOctober 26, 2018
Great people to work with in the shops. Great benefits package. Managers in my facility had little knowledge of what whats actually going on withing the walls of the facility as far as their employees and their lives. Wages were lower at our site than competitors are paying. Department leads handled most of the day to day operations.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks, low wages
Bell Helicopter
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALOctober 8, 2018
Good people. Learned a lot. Got to travel. Good benefits. Secure facility. Great company to work for. Comfortable work environment. Really enjoyed working with such nice people.
Assembler/Electrician
ELECTRICIAN A/ ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXOctober 3, 2018
THis is one of the best companies to work for , They have good benefits and wages and the working conditons are very good. The pay scale is good but pays everyone the same which is not right due t some ern it nd some do not, It is a union company and if you do not support the unioin there is retakiation with the leads and supervisors who are union
Pros
Good environment, shifts
Cons
union and pay across the board

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell Flight. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight