Bell Helicopter Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Company To Work For!
Level IV IPT Team Leader/Manager, Avionics Systems (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 11, 2018
Bell Helicopter has been one of the best companies that I have been employed with. Engineering Design teams are solid, great working environment, and the best part is that Bell uses Earned Value Systems to manage projects/programs with really helps to add value to the end product.
Has changed
employee (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 6, 2018
When I started work for the company there was a family atmosphere. Everyone looked out for each other for the betterment of the company. Through the years, due to changes in management due to the lack of internal promotion the atmosphere has changed.
I haven't worked there since 2014
Business Integration Manager (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 3, 2018
A review is no longer valid since I have not worked there for so long. My review will not be valid at this point. The company is nothing like when I worked there.
awesome place to work
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALMay 31, 2018
absolutely loved my job at Bell Helicopter, worked for wonderful management with total transparency of the mission and expectation of employees. paid well, flexible schedule, team environment, nice building and working environment
Pros
working aviation
Cons
temp position aircraft hardly hires direct employees
Great place
Liaison Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 23, 2018
Best for starting out. Hard to get into, but if you make it in the front door good place to cut teeth. And maybe stay for a while. Fair pay, but could be higher starting out. If not people have a tendency to leave for better pay.
good feeling of accomplishment
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 23, 2018
great feeling of accomplishment great coworkers and pay good and .benefits.ability to promote or to change department, tuition reimbursement. quarterly bonus
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
uncertain of job
Stagnant company and job
Cost/Schedule Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 17, 2018
This was a company that seemed to be more suited for people that were either old, wanting to retire, married with a family and needed a steady 9-5, people who had retired from one career and needed something to do in their semi-retirement years.
Bell Helicopter is a premier Helicopter Company, they have many job skill positions available.
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 15, 2018
Bell Helicopter is a good aerospace company to work for.
Managers in some departments are not always clear on their job assignments and expectations.
In general some of their employees are very helpful and easy to get along with.
There wasn't any difficult issues, I had worked at another company who manufactured parts for their blade programs.
I like the product they built - Helicopter Blades.
Pros
Excellent buffet lunch.
Cons
A little pricey on their lunch menu.
Avionics install supervisor
Aircraft Installer (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALMay 4, 2018
We worked on attack helicopters complete modifications and refurbishment upgraded heavy repairs flight line testing and test flights.It was a clean well managed working environment in the deep south. Friendly nice people I enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
working on attack helicopters in support of the war
Cons
extremely hot humid weather
Bell Helicopter
North America Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 3, 2018
I worked for Bell before being transferred internally. Wonderful corporate culture and would recommend working for them. Big emphasis on talent development and growing their leadership from within.
Great for millenials
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 2, 2018
Must have your degree to make any advancements. Every manager is different, some are great and some are terrible- depends on your department. Good perks for millennials I suppose, dress for your day- etc. Very military minded company though.
Pros
Good on resume, good learning experience
Cons
Not great pay
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 26, 2018
Love the work I do. I work with great people and do amazing things for the company and our customers. Job security is an issue; I haven't felt secure in my position within the company in several years, despite regularly being rated as exceeding expectations during performance reviews.
Outstanding work place
Property Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2018
The daily work routine was always productive to support the production and delivery of helicopters to the us Government. Assuring the products delivered met Government acceptance.
Pros
Feeling of confidence of a job well done.
EHS&S Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALApril 18, 2018
Our department was 100%backed by the Management, Safety First always looking out for the employees and Environment. Sometimes equipment would not arrive on time but this did not discourage the Management or employees. The company provided all the Safety equipment to use on the job, there was always training going on.
Pros
Party for meeting Safety goals and production goals
Cons
Business would get slow sometimes
Productive place to work.
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXApril 12, 2018
There is a lot of work to do and the company is headed in a good direction. I have worked with a lot of good people here and have appreciated the opportunities they've given me.
Very productive
Electronic mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXApril 11, 2018
Overall good place to work.Good benefits.Good job security.Great environment for team work and interaction with management and other employees. Veteran friendly.
Very productive and a great atmosphere.
Procurement Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ozark, ALApril 11, 2018
Great place to work, being a contractor there are some cons with this job but overall it is definitely giving me the experience I need to either hopefully move up with the company or have the knowledge to be able to move on to a better position.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long days
Not Bad for Aerospace
Contracts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 4, 2018
Although it has some of the same problems as all large (500+ employees) aerospace and aviation companies, Bell Helicopter tends to be a little more relaxed and enjoyable, mainly due to being mostly commercial and not military products.
Management is self-serving and not much interested in mentoring or helping others, and executive leadership tends to be a military academy boys' club (Annapolis, West Point, etc.).
They clearly prefer hiring right out of college and the first to be laid-off are always the older and more senior employees. Culture leans toward young, hip, and well-dressed. No old farts allowed.
Pros
Benefits, culture, work/life balance
Cons
Advancement, management
Examples of everyday work in the workplace
SUPERVISOR PLANT PROTECTION/SECURITY (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMarch 16, 2018
Is a great place to start your career. As a supervisor in my field, a typical day at work could be very demanding. But what I learned is simple: Do the best job you can do, no complaining, and make sure that tasks are completed before you leave for home, no matter how long it takes. Management always support supervision and address our needs when needed. The workplace culture is very efficient as we have to abide by the code of ethics to make the workplace environment rewarding for everyone. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unexpected or last minute emergencies, projects, vagrants that sometimes harass our employees in parking lots that need special attention and response on top of the crucial work that I am already tasked with. But all of what has been said just goes with the job and overall, I am completely satisfied with my work, and the most enjoyable part is to get my job done regardless of the circumstances. Helping and assisting other employees with my expertise makes their job better, and that is all I can ask for.
Pros
Annual Air Show sponsored by Bell employees and their families.
Bell Helicopter works well as a transition to civilian life
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas/Ft WorthMarch 9, 2018
See above...The company can use some work in terms of new hires, but they have a loyal based mindset, which works well with a military foundation. I would recommend Bell to anyone transitioning from the military.