Bell Nursery

Bell Nursery Employee Reviews

United States123 reviews
Featured review
Bell Nursery selected this as a representative review
The seasonal merchandiser position offers lots of available hours, flexible scheduling and excellent treatment by management. You’ll get a workout, be outside, and get to work with all sorts of beautiful plants. Take good care of your hands (wear gloves), sunscreen, and have some good boots and a raincoat and you’ll really enjoy this job.
It was so exhausting to haul all those super heavy plants for hours but the people make it fun! Management was extremely helpful and came to help me out when needed.
Pros
The pay and unlimited breaks
Cons
The exhaustion
The management does not communicate effectively. Training did not help with knowing where to put what flower. One day you could put ferns on the front tables and the next day you are not allowed to do that. Management told me "that is a part of the job." Nothing was constant with product. Boring job, you sat in the sun because there is no other work to do and they would not let you leave early. Inventory was always wrong. Coworkers were okay but the management would never respond to your texts but expect you to answer the phone off the clock.
Goods: They are flexible with you on how many hours you can work, Interacting with shoppers about plants.

Bad: No benefits being its mainly seasonal to part time
Wow, I don't even know where to start. Management sucks. The supervisor speaks poorly about all employees behind their backs and couldn't care less about our personal lives. Manager gives empty promises of raises but has yet to follow through. There are no opportunities to advance in this job, which is so disappointing because I love the job itself. It is so rewarding gaining so much knowledge about plants and being outdoors.
Pros
Being outside, working with plants
Cons
Everything else. Management, no respect, no appreciation, not an uplifting environment, inconsistent hours each week
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
load truck deliver plants and do it again. clock out, Driving to the home depos on the blue route. Keeping records of deliveries, gas, and mileage.This job is a good work out.
Liked working for Bell Nursery wish it was more than a seasonal position. My manager was fantastic and helpful. The customers where great. I loved helping them when they didn't know exactly how or what to buy.
Pros
Flexibly
Cons
Seasonal position
Fairly positive atmosphere, low wages and bonuses, low salary with no overtime but are expected to work 50-60 hours per week from spring through fall. Not much room for advancement.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Compensation below national average
At Bell Nursery in Monroe NC it's small but you're known by name and not by a number,I really enjoyed with the Bell Nursery and other drivers,they work as a team no man left behind
Decent place to work. Position are at various Home Depot stores, but not always at the location closest to home. Pay was above minimum wage. Long hours most often outdoors.
I can only provide a neutral response. every company is different. Your experience with a company is what you make it. My first week of training was a success
Great place to work if you love outdoor weather. Overall the job is hard work but great hours. Supervisor does everything by phone an can be fustrating at times. He can be smart an sarcastic because of time wise.
No gratitude for the hard work you put in
No praise for the hard work you’ve done

No financial reward for your hard work

No thanks for working for Bell
You feel like you are living in a stable, family like workforce. The supervisors are attentative, dedicated, and respectfully adherent to the employees. The whole organization totally enjoys watching their employees achieve there highest level of work success. It really made me appreciate loyal employers.
My team leader was from cold water Michigan. She was a horrible boss. She tried to cut my hours to give herself and her son more hours. She was untrustworthy and I quit because of her. I called headquarters before I quit they said they would look into it. I did all the work there by myself. The work of 3 people, while my team leader took all the credit. It was a joke. I hope they fired her! It was ridiculous. They said I would get fulltime hours for May June July but cut my hours in June to nothing. I realized it was a seasonal job but once June got over with they did not need you anymore.
Based on my previous experience I am excited about working here. Even though some of the days were long, I enjoyed my time there. It is a very physically demanding job, but the time goes by fast while working.
Flexible scheduel. Great for gardners and houseplant lovers. Up and down seasonal job works great with school schedule. It's a great workout. You can tan and meet many positive home depo employees.
Bell Nursery has provided me with a working environment that is focused on quality, both within Bell and our contacts with The Home Depot. I feel supported when learning new tasks and acknowledged when I take initiative. My perspective is listened to and my questions are answered with a focus on integrity and honor. This is a great company to work for.
Chill place work at during both peak and off season. Tons of extra hours during peak season, if you put in work it never goes unnoticed and opportunities for advancement are always available throughout the season
Come join our team to learn how to grow some pretty flowers so many to choose from different type you would love them after you learn how to grow them
The managers work with you when needing time off. The work can be a heavy load on the body if not properly stretched or your not used to physical activity. Your expected to be able to work alone on occasion and work together in large groups. You must be prepared to work in any outside element but providing yourself with rain gear,summer wear and winter weather wear
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bell Nursery. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
2.6
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight