Bella Care Hospice

Bella Care Hospice Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time working here. My coworkers were great to work with. This was a very supportive environment. Patient case load was fine. Hours were fine.
Working with the patients is a beautiful experience that gives a fulfilling sense of purpose and meaning. Coworkers are like family, and I have the support I need from upper management.
Bella Care Hospice is an amazing team of caring, compassionate people who work together in a family-like atmosphere. Coworkers are very supportive of each other and willing to go above & beyond to make sure the patients are comfortable and families have support they need. Always have continuing education available for current staff and great training/orientation for staff that are newer to hospice.
Pros
Staff appreciation, Benefits, Flexibility, Support from Corporate
Cons
If you don’t like to travel this isn’t the job for you but honestly I cannot think of any cons.
I’ve never seen a company invest more in staff appreciation. They do so much for their staff. They also were great during the pandemic. I’m so impressed with the leadership and all of the staff.
Pros
Staff are valued
Cons
Hospice can be hard!
This is a wonderful company to work for. There is a family like atmosphere. Great teamwork within the nursing staff. Will recommend to all friends and family if they are in need of hospice services.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
It’s a waste of time. The executive director treats employees like trash. She values no one. There is no work life balance at all. If your on call and your out all night you are expected to work your shift the next day. The lack of sleep is absolutely ridiculous.
I enjoy working for Bella Care Hospice because I value my job and the people I work with. I feel valued as a employee. Bella Care treats their employee's as family and wants the best for each of us. I would recommend working for this company.
Pros
rentention rewards, Pto, benefits
Cons
Overwhelming at times
Co- workers, field staff, were great to work with and all worked together as a team to enhance the quality of life when all aggressive tx and medical options no longer offered the highest quality of life for the individual. Communication with each other was wonderful, teamwork was wonderful. Response time never a question. Mainly worked with facilities and pts within, rarely pts in their homes. Small company, very different from larger hospice companies in Greater Cincinnati. First GM was great, and had created the growth of another local hospice; however, with a small hospice, there were 'friendships and influence.' People lost jobs, people moved up in management and people were eliminated and hired depending on who knew who. The atmosphere changed completely.
Bella Care is a enjoyable place to work. The required amount of work is reasonable and attainable. The staffing is adequate. I feel supported by the management team and that my opinions are valued and heard. Overall, it is a quality place of employment.
At the end of the day you don’t matter You are just a sad number You can do the best work, give the best care, work 24/7 and it doesn’t matter You are nothing Do yourself a favor and don’t work here!
Bella Care Hospice is the most compatible group of professionals I’ve ever worked for in my 35+ years in the business world. Management goes above and beyond to maintain employee satisfaction, consistently showing recognition and appreciation to each and every employee.
The issue that I had was, I was hired for a position that the management did not have permission nor a budget. Which I was not told that at the time. Once Corp realize my position, I was told I wouldn’t be used in the capacity In which I was hired. That I only be used in a PRN status.
Pros
Great hospice care
Cons
Shady management.
I feel Very appreciated while I’m at work staff and management very accommodating when it comes to family and job. I’m always very happy to tell people I work for Bella care hospice. We often do outings as a company, and it really allows everyone to get to know each other and appreciate each other’s jobs.
I worked for Bella Care for 5 years. It slowly became a toxic place to work. Blame was shifted from management to employees but after employees kept leaving it was apparent that the management was the problem. They boast having high ethics but have the worst ethics. It’s about the dollar and not about the patient.
Pros
Cons
Backbiting, malicious gossip, dishonesty, toxic, no integrity.
Management would promise you one thing and do the opposite. A lot of disrespect and gossiping by management. EVERYONE from my original crew either left or got fired so not sure about the new crew. The previous DON and Director got fired and the current DON used to be the nurse case manager. On Call was crazy, Caseload even worse due to lack of staff. The part that is the hardest is that they expect you to do admissions of new patients at 4-4.30pm and then work the rest of the night for no compensation when the nurse on call should have been the one to handle the admission but because she would have had to be paid for doing it, the admission fell on the Case Manager because she is salaried and that's how they get away with it. This company will try to take short cuts on patient care to save a buck and pressure the nurse to admit patients who are not appropriate for hospice to boost the census. Unless the current management team has changed the culture of the office I would recommend that you run away from this one.
Pros
New DON so maybe it is better now...not sure.
Cons
Pay is lower than other places due to the size of the company; top management cannot be trusted
A wonderful place to work. The communication between staff is excellent! I've never been happier as an employee. The CEO Dr. Jim Collins is passionate about his employees and what we do for our patients on hospice services.
During my employment I enjoyed very much many team members and definitely the patients. Some of which thankfully weren’t necessarily terminally ill but nonetheless on service. I also enjoyed some autonomy and overtime versus salaried co workers who were micromanaged. Didn’t enjoy shadowing of nurse and social worker la who spent only perhaps a few minutes with patients found that very odd for them to do and when shadowed further surprised at how stinky they were from smoking, definitely should enforce cologne policy for men
Pros
At beginning very friendly
Cons
Not many other than quality of care and folks not being appropriate for service, and push for admissions, otherwise
This is a fun and friendly environment where everyone works together toward a common goal. It is a pleasure working with such a great team of professional caregivers.
Pros
Great team, Great leadership
I have worked with other hospice companies and none have been as employee supportive or patient care centered. The staff at the Cincinnati office are very knowledgeable in their position, compassionate with the patients and always willing to help one another to provide the best patient care.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere with upper management always willing to help out.
Cons
BCH is a wonderful company! Management is supportive, caring and approachable. They jump in and help in the office and out in the field whenever needed!
Pros
Competitive pay, vacation time, friendly, caring co workers
Cons
Bella Care Hospice is a wonderful place to work. People care about one another and take pride in their work. My responsibilities include Business office manager, Human Resources, Processing new referrals, Payroll and Maintaining Employee and Patient files.
Pros
Great Benifits
  1. Employee Reviews