Bellco Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Job secruity with great benifits
Sr. Teller (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 24, 2018
Bellco is a great place to work if you are looking for job secruity with a fixed schedule and great benifits. I learned how to be a leader and how to communicate with many different people in a professional manner. Hardest part of the job was the sells portion.
Pros
Room to grow, 401K, benidits
Cons
sitting all day, having to sell.
Good organization but poor HR representation
Business Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2018
IF you work here you better make sure that you are on good terms with the head of HR. Leann Downey. If she doesn't like you she will make your life heck. IF you are on good terms, your set.
Job security and decent benefits.
ACCOUNTING TECH III (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 9, 2018
Posting and updating the general ledgers for all accounts from the previous days transactions and verifying all files were ran successfully. Reconciling accounts assigned and entering vendor payments for the end of the week check runs is a typical day at the credit union. The hardest part of the job would be finding the reason for an out of balance of an ATM. The most challenging but also the most rewarding was to identify the errors and bring things back into balance without extended delays.
Pros
Assisting people, Balancing accounts and problem solving
Cons
Disgruntled members
Overall
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 31, 2018
This company treats their employees and customers very poorly. They say that they appreciate their customers business but when there customer's have a reoccurring issue that has not been fixed its almost as though they stop caring and prefer to let their customer's close their accounts instead of listening to their complaints.
They treat their employees as if they are disposable and not valued.
fast paced
Teller (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 7, 2018
It was a face paced branch and learning to do multiple things was very highly looked upon. It was a very steady job, occasionally stressful when large volumes of people would come by but nothing unmanageable.
Great place to work!
FT Teller/ Vault Teller (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 27, 2017
the work environment here is great, no complaints. Always having supportive managers and colleagues. succcessful company overall, and everything done in timely matters.
Great Place to Work
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 17, 2017
Working at Bellco was great. Good benefits, opportunities for advancement, and culture. Would definitely recommend as a both a primary financial institution and work place.
Productive and fun
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 15, 2017
Great place to work, coworkers were great pay was excellent. Little travel involved, Company cares about employees and provides great training. locations are good
n/a
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 20, 2017
I enjoyed working in the mortgage department and meeting wonderful people.

We had awesome pot lucks and laughed

The only con was that the mortgage department moved to MD
Professional, steady workload, competitive environment.
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 8, 2017
Great company, decent pay, opportunity for advancement, calm working environment. Management was understand and professional, yet friendly and understanding.
Pros
great management
Cons
high turnover
community supporter and long standing reputation
Member Sales & Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 5, 2017
excellent credit union in the Colorado region. Great rates, great service and outstanding employees, very active in the community and supporting through volunteering and education
Great company to be employed for!
Teller (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2017
Bellco has taught me most of everything I know when it comes to customer service, working with others, and also taught me financial aspects that helps encourage what I have been studying in my last years of undergrad. the management is awesome, will always back you up when needed and gave extra support. Workplace culture is easy and outgoing, high diversity, and just a good time with the people you work with.
Customer service driven company
Accounting Tech III (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 10, 2017
Workplace culture was medium. The environment was not focused around team building and support. The drive was around customers and bottom lines across the board.
What I have learned
Full-Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 27, 2017
At Bellco, they truly strive on going above and beyond for their members. I have learned what is average for someone in customer service to do and learn more on a daily basis how to exceed expectations.
Great company
Consumer Lending Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corporate officeMarch 21, 2017
Overall, Bellco offers a great company to work for and they value their employees. I was unlucky to have a manager that did not know what to do with my role, which left me, often times bored. I did try to seek advice for change, but from what I understood, my frustration was shared. I could not afford to stick around, but HR is willing to listen to you and will notice when to make a change.
Pros
Hour long lunches....if you like those, Awesome people, and great training
Disappointed
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 15, 2017
As much as they say that they would like to have you "grow and advance" with the company, it will only happen if it is on their terms and would benefit them at the time-which has not happened for me or any of my co-workers.
Great staff/ Focus on sales not people
Vault/Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 8, 2017
Great staff to work with. Focuses on numbers rather than members. Limited advancement. Laid off half of there back office staff. Building technology to replace the human connections
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Over sales oriented
Disappointing overall
Teller (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COFebruary 6, 2017
Although it is a credit union and better than a comparable job at a bank the pay is still terrible.
They do not pay you a living wage and they expect a great deal from you.
They do random surveys of all your transactions and they demand you get a perfect score with every transaction every time.
They won't pay you a living wage yet say you should be making more with your bonus which is dependent on your referrals and sales.
They expect outrageous things for less than a living wage.
Unstable Work Environment
Loan Coordination Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 6, 2016
I was one of over 150 employees laid off in 2014 when Bellco Credit Union outsourced all the back office jobs to a company in Maryland so I am probably not the best person to write a review on them.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Lay offs
Very hostile environment, poor management.
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 14, 2016
not a team work environment, management focus only on the negative or mistakes, they are not honest, the don't care about employees they just make sure they have somebody to do the job so they don't have to do it.
Member are very nice, they are the best part of the job.
nobody cares about anybody, co-workers go do their job and go home. no team work interaction at all.
Management don't care how hard you work, how often you are early to get your job done even without clock in since overtime is not allowed but if for some reason you are late of miss work for sickness, that counts against you even if you have sick time.
Cons
no breacks just lunch time