Belle Tire Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overall fun environment
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 9, 2018
If you like a shop environment then Belle Tire is for you. It is a fun competitive place to work especially for someone just starting in the field because the pay would be great for an
18 year old.
Decent job
Auto Technician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  St. Clair Shores, MIAugust 6, 2018
Is a decent place to work depending on which store you are placed at I have been on both sides of the stick, fast store and a slow store, being at a slow store can really mess you up
Pros
Cheap tires
Cons
Most of the job
Sad excuse for a Michigan based company
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 31, 2018
Have you ever wanted to work your butt off, and then have all of your hard work go unnoticed? Then Belle Tire is the place for you. I have been an employee for over 3 years and it has gotten me exactly nothing. I worked at the number 7 store in the company, only to witness the corporate fat little piglets suckle whatever they could, while avoiding raises like the black plague.
Okay workplace, but long hours, and a lot of dead periods
Wheel Alignment Technician (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INJuly 26, 2018
Let me say this first, Belle Tire is not a bad company. Upper management is great and they are pretty decent at solving problems. However, there are no bumps in pay for my position, hours are terribly long, and I feel like I’m stuck. Our store hasn’t been open very long, but the periods of the store being dead are too much, especially working on strictly commission. I need something far more stable, and I just don’t see that happening there right now.
Pros
Incredible discount, and pretty good people to work with.
Cons
Long hours, no pay changes.
It's a job if you need one
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 17, 2018
My typical day was walking through the door and seeing cars to work on before we even open and I haven't had a chance to start the duties of getting the shop ready then getting yelled at for the cars that are sitting there for too long because my co-workers are late and I just finish turning on the equipment. After getting to work on equipment that's usually busted in some sort of way getting yelled at for making mistakes that I can't avoid because I'm unequipped since management won't fix our machines. then if we're too busy I would be yelled at for taking a lunch break, and there were often times I wouldn't take a lunch break in 8+hour days because management told me we're to busy you can't to that. then I would go home at the end of the day.
Tire techs are understaffed because management can't keep them because they're treated unfairly, they raised the starting wage $2.00 higher but only gave me a $.50 raise after I was there for just under a year, and people with no experience were making $2.00 more than me.
Pros
I got a 50 cent raise after working there for almost a year.
Cons
above review.
belle tire
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 16, 2018
this company hires within, very good crew to work with. I would recommend this job to friends and family. the management really does work with you and your personal issues if you have any. they really care about your wellbeing.
Pros
great crew
Cons
can be stressful in the winter
Fast paced
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMay 13, 2018
Good place to work for everyone was nice but it was very fast paced and you had to work weekends. Got good discounts on tires and car parts but sometime you had to work 60+ hours a week
Review of A/P Position
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIMay 12, 2018
A Typical Day
Resolving receiving issues in stores. Vendor communication. Monthly check processing and check reconciliation.
What I learned
I learned nothing new, save that I didn't care for working in a production environment.
Lack of communication with employees.
Much turnover of employees due to management style.
Hardest part of the job
Due to turnover, much work was shuffled between various staff.
Most Enjoyable
There honestly weren't any enjoyable parts of this job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Terrible benefits, no paid time off, no employee handbook
Poorly managed. Although i like the manager. Promises were mase then never fulfilled causing ill feelimg from the technicians shich resulted in no eer
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 23, 2018
Poor attitudes spread like wildfire. Nonone would shown up on time because there was no consequences..thebpeople thatvworked worked hard and did there job got treated the same as the slackers that were just there to collect a check. There was no way i could afford to stay because they wouldnt pay over 12 an hr so i just couldnt make ends meet. Working overtime and still beimg broke before my next check. For the most part its a good group of guys tonwork with but the tire techs are taken advantage of.
Pros
Work on your vehicle off the clock
Cons
Pay is capped atb12$
Drove truck for them - loved the management, awesome equipment.
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIApril 18, 2018
Typical work day was 8-10 hours. I had one of the longer routes in the area, and worked out of the Grandville store, even though I was technically "attached" to the distribution center. Pretty straightforward job. Drove semi truck on set route, alternating the route every other day. Delivered and unloaded tires and wheels manually. Loaded empty trailer with scrap tires. Did that at each stop, then returned at the end of the day to Grandville.

The management was top notch, any questions I had were answered immediately. They were open to discussing new routing options since the route was a new one. Open, honest and friendly.
Pros
Freedom of being on the road, set schedule/route, and some good old fashioned physical labor.
Cons
Potential traffic and weather delays.
fun work place at times and always learn something new
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIApril 11, 2018
typical work days would be changing tires management wasn't bad and somedays work hours would go by fast. hardest part of the job was working on old rusty cars
teamwork and very quick paced
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIMarch 27, 2018
not a bad job for young people looking to get Into the auto business. very friendly but sometimes not enough hours to maintain life, I would recommend Belle Tire to anyone.
STRESSFUL, makes home life very difficult, never home for dinner on time
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIMarch 23, 2018
Lack of proper manpower and management has made this a very unhealthy place to work. Room for advancement exists, but there is a lot of favoritism and inconsistency. People that have awful attitudes have made their way up the ranks and makes life miserable for the rest of us.
Usual fun shop job
Tire Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 8, 2018
The job was great, everyone was generally a team player. management when i was there was perfect and nobody ever got yelled at, a brief talking to but nothing out of hand.
good start
Tire Technitian (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIFebruary 22, 2018
this was a good temporary job for building an automotive based career path. hard work, but very very low pay. i was severely disappointed with this of belle tire
Fun place to work. Great experience
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIFebruary 18, 2018
Very good place to work. I was trying to figure out what career to go into and being around cars made me want to become a Mechanic. I learned everything about tires. From changing tires to balancing tires there was always something to do. Learned how to make vehicles safer and got a very good experience dealing with customer problems and how to fix them.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Not always busy in the shop
time goes by fast when its really busy
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIFebruary 14, 2018
hardest part of doing the job was working with people who procrastinate or complain all day. most enjoyable part of the job was getting out on time on a sunny day.
Pros
discounts
Cons
smelling cigarette smoke every day
Work was great, Management was Terrible
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIFebruary 5, 2018
During interview, I explained I had 2 little girls at home and needed stable hours. It was agreed upon and each week was twisted and used how they wanted.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
management
"Never will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIJanuary 31, 2018
Great place to work if you don't mind cheats and thieves.
Get any offer they make in writing. They like to pack a shop with techs.
Little to no support
Pros
The pay can be good when its busy
Cons
Cut throat. Cliquish
Not a place to hang your hat anymore.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 29, 2018
Many years ago it was a fantastic place to work and upper management valued it's employees and fully supported us. Those days are long gone and they now employee regional managers so corporate has zero interaction with the store employees including Managers. The amount of time spent on paperwork, call reviews, customer feed back, e-mails, monthly training and such sucks the life out of you.

Pay has gone way down, quotas go up an unrealistic amount every year. They know as a Manager our biggest perk is the end of the year commission check for hitting our quota. By increasing quotas they are cutting managers pay, losing veteran managers daily and promoting unfit much lower paid people into managers positions to save the company more money.

A salesman gets paid $10.00 an hour to sell a $600.00 brake job so a mechanic can do the job in an hour and make $200.00. Tire techs are underpaid and over worked in the busy season. In the slow seasons hours are cut and hourly people get sent home daily to increase revenue for the company and lower wages paid to employees.

It went from WOW with great culture to a career, to a job to living nightmare in the past 5 years.
Pros
Tires and parts for cost, great customers.
Cons
Anything after you punch in and before you punch out. The pay gets worse every year.