Bellefaire JCB Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Would not work there
Counselor (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHJuly 6, 2018
I would not work there. While my old supervisor was amazing, my former co-workers would rather sit on their phones than actually work. Those that do actually work are undervalued, underappreciated, and underpaid. No break for lunch or dinner
Pros
Paid vacation, sick days.
Cons
No breaks. Constant stress. No reinforcement to stay
Okay place to work
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHJuly 2, 2018
This place has a nice, low stress working environment, but pays very little. I would only recommend Bellefaire JCB to someone who has a great financial support system. It is very difficult to maintain financially with this income only.
good field experience, but not a career path
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHJune 24, 2018
coworkers are great and supportive, but management is terrible. You are completely dispensable and under appreciated. the pay is terrible, even for the mental health field, but the benefits package is really nice. Working at the school with the children is tough, but very rewarding. That and the relationships with coworkers are the best parts of the job. Bellefaire JCB only cares about making money off of their clients and nothing about the people that work there or how they serve the clientele.
The clients are the ONLY great thing about this place.
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHJune 16, 2018
The dynamic of the boarding academy (one in particular) has gone down DRASTICALLY within the last 6 months. We hired on a new unit director who is ONLY business and does not try to get to know the kids. The management staff: 4 supervisors and a unit director only care about their salaries and having their shifts covered. The management staff will go to h*ll and back to cover a full shift just so they don’t have to step foot on the floor and work with the clients. They beg youth counselors to work over 40 hours, and are almost ALWAYS short staffed. Most morning shifts contain 2-3 people which is UNSAFE because it takes 3-4 people for proper and legal restraints. The management team has no appreciation for their employees but writes them up as soon as they need a day off for a family emergency, doctor appt, etc. the kids were the best part about this place, and the only reason I’m sad I left. I hope I made a positive impact on the clients lives because the boarding academy does nothing for them; more than 80% of the clients shouldn’t even be in a home like this.
Pros
The clients, paid vaca (if approved), free meals (when no one steals them from the kitchen).
Cons
no breaks, horrible pay rate, horrible/unprofessional management
Childcare worker
Residential worker (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHMay 16, 2018
it is a start to something greater. Helping kids is the best part. Prepare to be injured. You are expected to run floors at times alone. Management is okay.
Pros
helping kids
Life at Bellefaire
Autism-Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Shaker Heights, Cleveland, OHMay 11, 2018
Working at Bellefaire is great due to communication between staff and management. Upper management really gets the staff involved in their decision about the plans for the clients. The pay is decent but it's not considered a living wage. A typical day at work includes half an hour team meetings before the clients come home from school, doing hygiene with some of the clients, completing some tasks for choice time (i.e. on the ipad, outside, movie, books, etc), giving them lunch/dinner, helping them take their medicine (if necessary), and getting them into bed. The morning shift just has to get them into hygiene, eat breakfast, and take meds before they go to school. Cleaning after the clients is also a part of the job. The hardest part of the job is hearing and reading about the tragic histories of the clients and having to separate your feelings in order to get the job done, which is helping them become more independent. The most enjoyable part is having fun with the clients and seeing them smile and laugh. These clients deserve to have happy experiences and just live, and it's nice to be a factor in those moments.
Pros
Benefits, communication, teamwork, national and jewish holiday pay
Cons
Pay isn't living wage
I like working at Bellefaire because the company helps clients.
Residential Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHApril 28, 2018
I only work one night per week. I can work more nights during the Summer months when school closes. I have learned for to deal with mental health clients over the years because I have to train every year to keep up with the needs of the clients. Management is Okay I which it could be more professional as far as staffs acre concern. the hardest part of my job is to still awake eight hours through out the night. The most enjoyable part of my is taking care of the clients by meting their needs.
Pros
I really appreciate the treatment Bellefaire gives to the clients.
Cons
Most of the staffs are unprofessioanl
I thought I wanted to work there
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shaker Hts, OHApril 26, 2018
great place to work if your licensed but if you are attending school they will use you then wont hire you. will pay minimum wage if the applicant is ok with it.
Summary
Transportation Coordinator - School Based Program (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHMarch 31, 2018
You work with at risk youth. The way that the team provides services for these clients is impeccable. Supervisors are very helpful and willing to work with you.
poor
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHFebruary 12, 2018
upper management is catty and cliquey no employee confidentiality upper management will talk about you non professionally, employees unappreciated for years of service no room for advancement low pay ridiculous expectations with no reward benefits of any kind. As expectations have grown compensation in any form has disappeared... ceu trainings do not happen often i have to pay for renewal training bc i dont get what i need from jcb
Pros
friendships developed with coworkers vacation time
Cons
management pay unprofessional unrealistic expectations benefits
Great Place to work
Youth counselor (Current Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHJanuary 31, 2018
The work environment is very welcoming. Communication is key with this job and the co-workers are great. The supervisors are always available and on the floor with us.
Pros
Co-workers, Benefits, over time
Cons
Can be stressful
Great place to gain experience but you have to have a tough skin
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHJanuary 21, 2018
A typical day involves fun times but also being able to take physical aggression when kids are escalated. I learned to think quick on my feet and how to calm a client in distress. The workplace culture is okay. The hardest part of the job is not over working because the amount of overtime available and the stress it could bring. The enjoyable part is the kids .
Poor Residential Experiences
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHNovember 14, 2017
Perhaps Bellefaire has better opportunities in other programs, but its residential treatment jobs are not suitable for most people long-term. Everything seems to be about budget and coverage as opposed to creating a safe and sustainable environment for staff members. The population in the residential cottages are challenging and the experience can be incredibly rewarding. I would strongly recommend working in residential as a first job after college, while attending school (scheduling can be flexible), or on a part time basis to gain exposure and understanding of severe mental health issues.
Productive and fun workplace
School-Based Therapist Intern (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 9, 2017
Fast paced environment, flexibility in scheduling. Working with individuals, groups, families. Travel is sometimes necessary for this job.
Workplace culture is supportive and engaging. The most difficult part of the job is not taking work home with you.
stepping stone
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Shaker Hts, OHSeptember 25, 2017
working at Bellefaire is okay to build experience after graduation to get into the field you are pursing. The workplace culture everyone works as a team so this is a plus when dealing with the behaviors. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the kids. The pay is way below for a person with a Bachelors degree.
Cons
pay
Good work environment
School Based Therapist (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHSeptember 12, 2017
I like the staff and clients. The paperwork can be overwhelming at times. I didn't like working over the holiday doing home visits. Some of the families were unreliable
Pros
Great supervisors
Cons
A lot of paper work
Awesome job!
Autism Specialist (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHAugust 24, 2017
Love working here!!! The job has its downs but it's so rewarding!! Low pay but overtime way it out! It's a lot of young managers which is nice! Good for fresh graduates!!
Child Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHAugust 15, 2017
Great Place to work! You can definitely move up in this company. The vacation time is great and you get it at the time of hire. Managers and staff work together. Pay is horrible
Great steping stone
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2017
You need a passion and love for working with children. The job can be stressful but yet rewarding at the same time. You work with great co-workers who also love working with children.
Great Benefits and Great atmosphere
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHMay 14, 2017
It is a decent sized non profit organization so it really depends on the kind of position you are looking for. However, if you are looking for a place with great benefits and room to grow, this is a great place to work.I have worked at multiple locations through this organization and do not have anything bad to say. If you allow it to be, it can be a very rewarding place to work.