Bellevue School District Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Driver Trainer
Driver/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 2, 2018
• Drive buses of varying sizes over designated routes in accordance with time schedules
• Prepare drivers for third party pre-trip inspection and on the road test along with proper district policies and procedures.
• Trained drivers in the proper use of wheelchair tie downs, safety harnesses, car seats and other special needs apparatus
• Trained and advised new bus drivers concerning student behavior management problems and situations.
• Reviewed bus driver performance, student management policies, and safe handling procedures with existing drivers.
• Maintained accurate personnel training records
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Maintained the highest level of ethical behavior with parents, students, fellow employees and the communities we served
• Lead first aid/CPR/AED instruction classes and issue certificates.
• Present classroom instruction to meet State and District requirements
Pros
Money was ok
Cons
No over time allowed
good place to work
Bellevue Boys and Girls Tennis Coach (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 3, 2018
This is a good place to work with good people. I would recommend this place to potential employees. Most of the culture is about the kids and how to best help them. The rest is community involvement
Great job.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 11, 2017
BSD pays well, little to no advancement though. Higher ups are not concerned with your life schedule/ needs. They want/ expect you to work off the clock. Great to have the income spread throughout the year, to still get paid during holidays and holiday breaks.
Competative and Enriching
Resource room Para-Educator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 13, 2017
Schools are mostly new facilities, well taken care of and tech ready.

Schools are well staffed and friendly.

Professional development is offered and usually good.

Administrations are professional and caring.
Pros
Great School Leadership
Cons
Very competitive teaching staff
We're In It For The Kids
Para-Educator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 16, 2017
I'll start by saying, we're in it for the kids. I'm grateful to have worked with such wonderful students and families, as well as some incredible well-meaning and admirable teachers and staff. Sadly, the management was practically non-existent, support was minimum, and the pay/hours were significantly low.
Pros
Wonderful students and families
Cons
Low pay, lack of support, politically charged
Chill, relaxed., great people
Classified Instructional Substitute (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 19, 2017
The supervisors take care of employees, students are cared for, excellent place to work. The most enjoyable part was working with the kids and meeting all the staff.
Productive and meaningful
4th Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 8, 2017
Bellevue School District was a fantastic place to work with a great culture of learning, development, and student success.Wonderful colleagues, tremendous support, and excellent community involvement.
Pros
Positive work culture
Tutoring adorable children
Volunteer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 26, 2017
My role as a mentor/tutor was to tutor a foreign student English and to assist the teacher in the classroom during group work or presentation, and to help students with their projects one on one. I worked in a friendly professional environment that allowed me to learn how to communicate with older people and younger kids with patience. I was respectful to every student who I encountered and give everyone my undivided attention. The hardest part of the job was to give everyone attention and to go around and help every student or to settle down students if there was a situation, which thankfully didn't happen so often. I enjoyed being around the children, and listening to them and assisting them when ever they needed help and watching them bloom everyday with new information.
Pros
positive environment, respectful setting
Cons
short breaks
learned many teaching styles
Customer Service Public Records (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 22, 2017
stressful
We are in need of someone who will be reliable and consistent in this position. Receptionist/secretarial or similar experience preferred.

Duties/ Skills include, but are not limited to:

Welcoming guests and visitors

Answering multi-lined phones

Making reservations

Computer Skills

Customer Service Skills

Checking Guests in and out

Room Inspections

Taking payments- handling credit card payments, issuing receipts, etc.

Opening and closing of the lobby
Administration Culture
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 20, 2017
_ Excellent Educators and all staffs are doing the best for the students with limited resources
_ Poor administrative management
_ Organization operation is functional operation
_ Due to low compensation, some staffs are under qualified for the jobs such as poor computer skills
Pros
Understand the culture and operation of education entity
Cons
Low compensation for support staffs, lack of diversity in district level
Great School District
Success Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 15, 2017
I feel very fortunate to have been able to work in the Bellevue School District as a mentor for 1,000 middle schoolers. My job description is very flexible and changes every day depending on the need of the school. Examples are: after-school coordinator, counselor, mentor, office assistant, hall monitor, safety specialist and program manager. Our school has overall great staff and the administrators do their best to support and listen to various needs. Watching the students succeed is the best part of the job. Especially the students that are harder to help. The greater the challenge, the harder I work.
Pros
Work Culture, Vacation Time, Medical Benefits, Staff and Diverse Student Body.
Cons
Salary
Excellent school
Technical Assistant/Independent Contributor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 9, 2016
BSD was a wonderful school agency to work for with excellent staff and a great resource for learning about technical resources for classrooms.
Moving on up
Summer Moving Technician (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 15, 2016
In a typical day I interact with other team members to facilitate moving multiple schools. I work with a great group of co-workers who typically return each year as the work environment is so enjoyable. The hardest part of my job is it is only seasonal.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Only seasonal work
Na
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 3, 2016
I work in different schools on different days so an accurate review is not possible. Each school is run by a different administrative team.
Growing District
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  98005March 25, 2015
Excellent place to work, growing district that is growing to fast at times. The demand is growing faster than the district can maintain.
The best education a child could receive but the worst place to work
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 11, 2015
Save yourself time and your life and do not work here. At this time there are many employees who are unhappy and the turn over is incredibly fast.
Pros
If you do not live in the district they can attend
Cons
Too many
Not a great place for me!
Secretary - Special Education Department (Current Employee) –  Bellevue WADecember 22, 2014
Most days are hectic. I've learned that this is not a great environment for me and that I need a change. The hardest part of the job is lack of procedures/policies to do the work. The scope of the work needs to be better defined. The most enjoyable part of the day is my ability to provide administrative support and customer service. Management is lacking.
Pros
Union
Cons
No time for breaks
Hostile Work Environment
Substitute Educator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 22, 2014
Too many staff and students who are bullied and abused in the Bellevue School District. There are is also too much political drama educators have to deal with and many of the educators who are directly supporting kids, make absolutely nothing.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students. They were great and I enjoyed supporting every child!
Pros
The kids.
Cons
Abuse, bullying, bad wages, politics.
Great Learning Opportunities
Human Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 3, 2014
Great Learning Opportunities & Support. The community that supports the district is always willing to jump in to help.
Pros
Great Support
Paraeducator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 13, 2014
 Worked with several students, in the Resource Room as a Para-educator.
 Skilled in managing classroom and implementing discipline upon the pupils.
 Knowledge of the various clerical tasks within an educational institution.
 Experienced in dealing with children from various ethnic backgrounds.
 Good at following verbal as well as written communication.
 Skills in positive interaction with students and their parents.
 Knowledge of child behavior and development.