Bellevue School District Employee Reviews

Confusing Vision
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 14, 2019
Bellevue School District proclaims to be a fully inclusive and equitable district but they are not. There were many times throughout my time there where I did not feel valued and was discriminated against because of my socio economic status. There are specific executive directors that do not value the work of the many staff below them and should cautious of what they chatter about in between meetings. There is a culture of segregation for special education students which intensifies the division of the district.
I would encourage those applying to be cautious and take what is said with a grain of salt.
Well run district with some demanding families.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 22, 2019
Efficient onboarding process. Efficient HR. Generally similar functioning to many other school districts. Particularly well-funded district, lots of extras for students. Some students and families very demanding.
Bellevue School District.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 22, 2019
I found BSD to be fair to all employees, A very diversified place to work. Friendly, Caring fellow employees and management. School Staff and students also very enjoyable to work with. I have no complaints, I enjoy my job very much. I have a lot of down time between the morning and afternoon routes and my weekends are completely free. That would leave me plenty of time to do sales for Neptune.
Pros
Good wages, good benefits Very good people
Cons
Can't afford to live in Bellevue.
Family Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 29, 2019
A nice place to work with a good team of people who collaborates for the students. A typical day of works is busy and you can learn a lot. Two things that could make it better is to have a better pay per hour and more opportunities to advance in your career inside the organization.
Pros
School breaks
Cons
Salary
Multiple opportunities to teach/substitute in Bellevue School District Elementary schools.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 31, 2018
As a substitute teacher there are many pluses to your schedule and being flexible to fill substitute positions at various elementary schools and grade levels in this district is worthwhile.
A lot of the support daily comes from school teachers, office staff and teachers who specialize in special needs programs.
There are multiple situations where staff, office managers, principals, resource room teachers and parents offer assistance, help, guidance, and technology assistance daily. Never a moment where help is not offered.
Once substitute teachers begin their years of subbing, there then becomes a 'family' comfort that makes one feel at home in each school. Teachers, office staff and students greet you, know you, welcome you by name and welcome you back. That is a joy.
Working under the director of substitute teachers in this school district is important for it creates a working relationship and trust in this district that no situation is too hard to conquer or succeed at. They are on your side and want success for you.
Workplace culture
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 4, 2018
There's a lovely work environment as we work and collaborate greatly within our grade department. There's usually social events and the parent-teacher association gives out funding for teacher reimbursement.
Pros
summer vacations
Cons
high teacher-student ratio
Was wonderful when I worked there.
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 27, 2018
New management, have not worked there in years. I'm sure it's still a wonderful place to work. Cannot say anymore as I have not been there in years. Thank you
Low pay and training is not mandatory
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 25, 2018
My pay is poor; I can’t support myself on this income, let alone myself and my child. I was not prepared for my role with any pre-work training. I’ve been lucky to have awesome management and staff support and a schedule that allows me to spend time with my child. I’ve also been lucky to have a living situation that is affordable; living in this city without roommates would be impossible on the income with this job alone.

I was also not told about my salary being prorated from 9 months pay across a year period. I’m fine with it now because it means we still get paid during 2 week winter/and midwinter breaks, 2 month summer break, and no school days. It would have been nice to be prepared though, instead of receiving a shock on my first paycheck.
Pros
At my school I have great coworkers and management, paid school holidays (thanks to prorated salary), school holidays and major holidays off, opportunities to seek extra hours
Cons
Low pay, little to no mandatory training, must seek out training, stressful at times
#1 school district
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 19, 2018
Love what I do! It is an absolute pleasure and honor to work for the Bellevue school district. It has refreshed my appreciation for education, coaching, and mentoring.
I didn't fit the mold
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 22, 2018
Expectations for new teachers are sometimes impossibly high and support is low. Lots of nepotism resulting in some shady decision making. Lots of unscheduled formal assessments by my administrator leading to high anxiety daily. Hard to relax during breaks and weekends for fear of not being perfect.
Pros
Awesome teacher colleagues and families, access to technology, well funded district
Cons
Very stressful work environment; rarely felt successful.
Driver Trainer
Driver/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 2, 2018
• Drive buses of varying sizes over designated routes in accordance with time schedules
• Prepare drivers for third party pre-trip inspection and on the road test along with proper district policies and procedures.
• Trained drivers in the proper use of wheelchair tie downs, safety harnesses, car seats and other special needs apparatus
• Trained and advised new bus drivers concerning student behavior management problems and situations.
• Reviewed bus driver performance, student management policies, and safe handling procedures with existing drivers.
• Maintained accurate personnel training records
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Maintained the highest level of ethical behavior with parents, students, fellow employees and the communities we served
• Lead first aid/CPR/AED instruction classes and issue certificates.
• Present classroom instruction to meet State and District requirements
Pros
Money was ok
Cons
No over time allowed
good place to work
Bellevue Boys and Girls Tennis Coach (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 3, 2018
This is a good place to work with good people. I would recommend this place to potential employees. Most of the culture is about the kids and how to best help them. The rest is community involvement
Great job.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 11, 2017
BSD pays well, little to no advancement though. Higher ups are not concerned with your life schedule/ needs. They want/ expect you to work off the clock. Great to have the income spread throughout the year, to still get paid during holidays and holiday breaks.
Competative and Enriching
Resource room Para-Educator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 13, 2017
Schools are mostly new facilities, well taken care of and tech ready.

Schools are well staffed and friendly.

Professional development is offered and usually good.

Administrations are professional and caring.
Pros
Great School Leadership
Cons
Very competitive teaching staff
We're In It For The Kids
Para-Educator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 16, 2017
I'll start by saying, we're in it for the kids. I'm grateful to have worked with such wonderful students and families, as well as some incredible well-meaning and admirable teachers and staff. Sadly, the management was practically non-existent, support was minimum, and the pay/hours were significantly low.
Pros
Wonderful students and families
Cons
Low pay, lack of support, politically charged
Chill, relaxed., great people
Classified Instructional Substitute (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 19, 2017
The supervisors take care of employees, students are cared for, excellent place to work. The most enjoyable part was working with the kids and meeting all the staff.
Productive and meaningful
4th Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 8, 2017
Bellevue School District was a fantastic place to work with a great culture of learning, development, and student success.Wonderful colleagues, tremendous support, and excellent community involvement.
Pros
Positive work culture
Tutoring adorable children
Volunteer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 26, 2017
My role as a mentor/tutor was to tutor a foreign student English and to assist the teacher in the classroom during group work or presentation, and to help students with their projects one on one. I worked in a friendly professional environment that allowed me to learn how to communicate with older people and younger kids with patience. I was respectful to every student who I encountered and give everyone my undivided attention. The hardest part of the job was to give everyone attention and to go around and help every student or to settle down students if there was a situation, which thankfully didn't happen so often. I enjoyed being around the children, and listening to them and assisting them when ever they needed help and watching them bloom everyday with new information.
Pros
positive environment, respectful setting
Cons
short breaks
learned many teaching styles
Customer Service Public Records (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 22, 2017
stressful
We are in need of someone who will be reliable and consistent in this position. Receptionist/secretarial or similar experience preferred.

Duties/ Skills include, but are not limited to:

Welcoming guests and visitors

Answering multi-lined phones

Making reservations

Computer Skills

Customer Service Skills

Checking Guests in and out

Room Inspections

Taking payments- handling credit card payments, issuing receipts, etc.

Opening and closing of the lobby
Administration Culture
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 20, 2017
_ Excellent Educators and all staffs are doing the best for the students with limited resources
_ Poor administrative management
_ Organization operation is functional operation
_ Due to low compensation, some staffs are under qualified for the jobs such as poor computer skills
Pros
Understand the culture and operation of education entity
Cons
Low compensation for support staffs, lack of diversity in district level