Bellhaven Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bellhaven Center
Nursing Department (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, NYOctober 9, 2017
I am thankful to have such a rewarding position at Bellhaven Center.I love taking care of my residents and feel blessed to have a good supervisor, which can make a world of a difference. The management team is respectful of my availability. I have great benefits and my co-workers have become my family.
Pros
Great benefits, good management team
Very stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, NYSeptember 3, 2017
Always worked short. Constantly mandated me to stay longer than my shift. Many times wanted me to work a double shift. Sometimes unable to take a break.
Cons
Worked short staff, mandated often.
Nice job to have
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, NYAugust 22, 2017
There were times I worked understaffed with the other employees. It was hard but we did it.
Pay was great. Benefits was good. Included union, union dues.
Pros
Breaks, Pay, Paid vacation
Cons
Understaffed
poor managment
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bellport, NYFebruary 1, 2017
frequently mandated, short staffed frequently. at the time i was there management was changing hopefully its better now. i don't recommend working here. i had in the past at was wonderful but the new owner cut staff and no longer cares about the residents
Focusing on proactive prevention, Bellhaven is successful in their quality improvement of their resident and staff.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Focusing on proactive prevention and management processes, Belhaven was successful in their quality improvement journey and thereby recognized by IPRO for its exemplary performance significantly reducing the rates of high-risk pressure ulcers in its population served by 59.8%. “We thank all at Bellhaven for their commitment to improving the health of New Yorkers.”
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
very little overtime
I like going to work and if I can make the ppl i care for feel that much better even just for a minute , It reminds me why I chose this field.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, NYJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at work..is never typical for me as I am float nurse..If I have good aides my shift is easier, and we ALL work as a team, The hardest part of the job is being short staffed with aides.I am a believer in patient rights and will not leave my shift if I have promised a patient something. From a simple question answered to a cup of green tea for them..I advocate and I spend time listening to their concerns and questions and follow up with the proper people if need be. I am never short of patience and donot bring any outside problems into my work place.
Pros
its close to home, I know all 240 residents
Cons
No union, no raises, short staffing, supplies are getting cheaper