Bellhops Employee Reviews

Bellhops
residential and commercial mover (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 21, 2019
commercial moving was tough work and physical labor, residential was meticulous and needed care to ensure safety of clientele belongings. management was diverse but overall satisfactory
Flexible hours
Captain (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 15, 2019
Allowed you to choose your own schedule. This is a very physically demanding job so be prepared to work hard hours. The people you work with each day are great
Great experience
Mover (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 12, 2019
My experience with Bellhops was really good. They pay you to travel to the destination. You make your own hours. You meet new people every time maybe even some from past jobs. Think of it as Uber or Lyft for moving. You get tips as well. The only problem is actually finding a job. You can accept or decline jobs maybe even get assigned one. If you really want to get jobs you have to be on your phone 24/7. Some jobs pop up out of nowhere then other people get it. You have to be prepared. Other then the work shortage, the job is really good. I recommend it.
Pros
Nice people, cash tips sometimes
Cons
Traveling, Work Shortages
Horrible HR/Management
Mover (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 30, 2019
They will deactivate your account even after you let HR know “I can’t do a job” so they can remove it from your claimed jobs. Hr will text you days before your shift start so you can choose whether or not you can work the shift. They never removed the job after I informed HR multiple times and yet no response. No one contacts you to see why you couldn’t make it even though you let them know days in advance you can’t work the shift.
Pros
Cons
You’re not your own boss, no communication from HR, very low poor management
I worked for this company of 9 months
Sr lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2019
I work for this company for 9 months. And in that nine months, I helped build their Chicago market as a Sr lead, but also in that nine months I learned that this was a company that I wasted my time to help build. My job title, was just that, a title. They didn't give me any room to improve operations in the field. They used, and used, and used, not only the customers, but the employees as well. They never show up with any proper equipment! And I say ever! The trucks are usually shotty at best, most of the time late, as well as most of the hires that they use as Movers. If you intend on working for this company just know that, sure your hours can be very flexible. You are in control of that much. It's honestly a terrible company. And I feel sorry for some of customers that have used bellhops and the ones that plan on using them in the future.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management operations
Interesting Place to work
Captain (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 16, 2019
You make your own hours and work as much as you want to work. This job is very dependent on your own performance. If you suck at moving they will let you go immediately.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Very difficult work with no benefits
Best job for work life balance
Mover (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2019
I've worked for bellhops for a good while now. You get to choose your own hours and it is a great opportunity for a side hustle. I would even say that during the summer you could do this full time.
Great Individuals to work with
Captain Mover (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Management was always on top of the job and tried to help both customer and mover as soon as possible.Some moves would be a bit too far but would sometimes receive compensation.
Pros
Flexible Hours
It was ok
Mover (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2019
I only needed this job during the summer.

The work was hard, but the pay was great.

I recommend for college students that need money.

Just tryna fill up character space
regular job
Mover (Captain) (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 5, 2019
Besides the fact that this company went out of business shortly after I began working for them, I found the system of the company to be loose with a lot uncertainty.
Bellhops
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 4, 2019
Bellhops is like uber. You have an app and when a job pops up you can accept it and then follow instructions to complete it. So it is easy to adjust around either your school life or personal life.
Great Job
Wingman/Captain (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2018
A typical day of work consists of arriving at the move location, packing up the truck, driving to the new location, and unloading the truck. Also, you get paid weekly.
Pros
Flexible, Tips, Awesome Management, and people to work with
Cons
Wear and tear on your car
No Hours
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 12, 2018
Its a great concept but not enough people were evolved when I worked for it to be a real source of income. Perhaps that has changed since I worked there but i doubt it.
Pros
flexable hours
Fast paced work, flexible scheduling
Captain (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 22, 2018
I worked with Bellhops early into its inception, and it was a positive experience. As a college student, the scheduling flexibility was a plus, and I had the opportunity create relationships with many of my peers.
Bell hop review
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 22, 2018
Bellhops is a great company to work for. The job is based through an app where you can create your own schedule, pick which moves you want/can do, see your rating as a mover, and see your incoming pay. Depending on your experience, you can decide which position you want to do, whether it may be a captain/lead, or a bellhop. You can earn bonuses based on what days you work and meet great people. However, it is recommended that you can lift a minimum of 100 lbs to work for bellhops.
Quick Paced and Flexible
Mover/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 21, 2018
It was nice
Wingman (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 13, 2018
This job was quick and easy money!I worked very well with my partner. I really enjoyed helping people move their items and relocate to one place to the next.
Productive and fun workplace
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 6, 2018
It was an easy job you just had to communicate with the people who owned the property you were moving. The app you had to use sometimes messed which at times could be very annoying and inconvenient.
College Students perfect job
Mover (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2018
Being able to meet different customers and not only help them on an extremely stressful day but also provide a service that allows customers and employees to get to know each other on a personal basis in only a few hours has been a true joy to be a part of.Great job for college students
Fun place to work
CONCIERGE SALES TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 1, 2018
The company culture is something that sets Bellhops apart from my previous jobs. Executives are also working just feet away and always available for help.
Pros
lunch provided often, flexible schedules
Cons
pay, seasonality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bellhops. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2