Bellwether Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

It was fun while it lasted.
Medical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLAugust 9, 2018
Met great people, staff and clients I will never forget. Had lots of opportunities, Lots of training to take to other employers. Made as much money as you wanted with the unlimited over time, $45-$50g yr :-O
Pros
Unlimited overtime, many opportunities
Cons
Company closure
Face Paced
Behavior Specialist (Associate Behavior Analyst) (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJAugust 5, 2018
Faced paced the has started and ended before you know it, I have learned to work with Adult DDD population. Management needs improvement. The culture of the workplace is adequate. The hardest part of the Job is the supervision staff. Most enjoyable is working with my clients
Work hard and be honest and genuine
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJuly 30, 2018
Great place to work. residents are lovable and genuine. Teams are hard working. Experience from building relationships, culture and diversity are invaluable.
Pros
Upward mobility.
Cons
Tools.
Just look elsewhere
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Woodstown, NJJuly 17, 2018
Honestly this place was always trash but they became worse when they started bringing in individuals from Ancora and giving us 12 hour shifts. The company is trash, the management is trash and the staff are trash. Honestly you'll end up getting hurt here because they let their individuals do whatever they want when they want so the individuals learn to have no respect for you. Don't go....especially not to Kings campus.
Pros
Going home.
Cons
Don't believe the hype!!!!!
DSP 2 (Current Employee) –  Mullica Hill, NJJune 25, 2018
So many times you hear things from people pertaining to you have to know someone to move forward. I was skeptical until i actually experienced it. Favoritism, jealousy and lack of professionalism on all parts. I know i'm an aspect and have meaning to prove it but my interestin making a career in this company has since left. I'm buildingmy career elsewhere and suggest anyone who wants a stable career does the same.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Unprofessional
Human Service Work is Challebging EVERYWHERE!!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  SwedesboroJune 21, 2018
I have worked with the company for over 10 years in a variety of positions. DSP pay rate at Bellwether is the highest that I have seen in all of NJ. Management roles do not have a great work life balance however that comes with the field. Most of the negative reviews from staff - the staff still work here. That speaks volumes- most of the staff complaints are the same issues that are voiced at most behavioral health companies (Hence the name BEHAVIORAL HEALTH!) yes some of the individuals we serve are challenging that is made clear in the interview as well as in training. The biggest problem I see are negative attitudes and lack of professionalism from some direct care staff. Working with the individuals we serve is rewarding and challenging and the staff that do the best are able to grow with the company.
need more money
Vocational Specialist (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJune 18, 2018
While there is seasoned staff at Bellwheter, they do not pay us our worth. However they are currently hiring new people with no experience at a higher pay rate than people who have been there more than five years. there have been no raises in two years and they are funded for incentives and bonuses which is never seen by the employees.
Horrible place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJune 4, 2018
Been employed 3+ years.. in the beginning it was wonderful. Everything ran smoothly, management was awesome. Received bonuses, gift cards for OT & good job performance. old management left(HIGH turnover rate) EVERYTHIG went down hill. Management is rude & HORRIBLE! They love to mistreat their workers. ALL OF THEM! The pay SUCKS! No ADVANCEMENT unless you’re someone’s favorite. Under qualified people in high positions. No care for the individuals we serve & don’t think about them when making decisions. Just HORRIBLE ALL TOGETHER! I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone. Wouldn’t let them care for my dog let alone my family.
Pros
Clients. SOME staff
Cons
NEW management. Pay, Everything
This place is a nightmare
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 19, 2018
It's hard for me to recommend anyone to work here. Though we sure do need the staff. My paychecks are constantly messed up and missing money/hours. Very difficult to get your issues addressed and fixed. I still don't have my health insurance benefits. There is constant favoritism. Unfair treatment. Always seem to be in conflict with supervision/management. There is very small room for advancement, these spots are mostly given to favored staff who are not well qualified and just another puppet. You are extremely overworked because of chronic short staffing. Be prepared to work 16 hour shifts sometimes more than once a week and to not to be given a proper rest period. You will be lucky to get 5 hours sleep on those days. It is not very good or equal pay. For example there are people with the same level of education and less work experience being paid at higher rates than others. The residents are the best part but unfortunately many of them are not properly medicated and have severe/dangerous behaviors that never seem to get any better.
Pros
Good if you're looking for a challenge and need a lot of overtime.
Cons
Too many to count
Horrible Place To Work!!
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJApril 19, 2018
This is the most unorganized place I have ever worked!! You get no help or support for upper management. All this company cares about is the money. You will have to work full shifts with no breaks. (12 hours on average). The pay does not match the amount of work they are asking you to do. BE ADVISE a lot of the clients they bring in are the extremely behavioral. They take the clients no one else wants because they bring the most money!!
Cons
no breaks. you will get injured
Stressful work environment
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJApril 10, 2018
This company for what it seems, cares more for the money than the actual clients. Staff turn over is high as well as high turn over for administrative roles. Case loads are enethically high for nurses and the clinicians. The expectations of the job are horrendous. You do not have a work life balance. The accountability is lacking and the same type of issues keep reoccurring. The morale is very low and staff are affected by this. The clients are also recognizing this as well. You feel no appreciation from upper admin for the amount of work you complete. Not a lot of incentatives yo stay besides health benefits and life insurance.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Work life balance
i dont know how they open still
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJApril 6, 2018
this place is for the dogs and the scum of the earth works there the management is always confused and dont remember to write meds and injuries down they dont clean but you can just watch tv all day and night if ya'll what to cause they could burn the spot down and you wont get fired
Awful awful awful
Fulltimr (Current Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLMarch 26, 2018
Horrible management, the clients are very dangerous. Staff do not get paid enough to put their lives on the line for the clients. They make us do everything. They just fired all of the cleaning staff so they added more on us to do. Just an awful place, going downhill!
Awful
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJMarch 25, 2018
No advancement, poor pay, awful management, the whole company is going down the tubes.. use to be a better place to work but they changed everything up
job can be very overwhelming
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 22, 2018
working at bellwether will be very overwhelming. It's very hard to find a balance between your work life and your personal life. This place is very unorganized. The director throws a boat load of work on your plate on top of all the other work you do. The group homes are always short staff.site mangers are very overloaded with work
no days off
Pros
work with great staff
Cons
unorganized, need more staff to work the floor
5+ years of experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJMarch 20, 2018
Loved my job and the individuals I served but management is horrible. Very high staff turn over. All they care about is money. Staff suffer no one to present them.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
Low pay lots of work
Owners does not care about the individuals,they are supposed to be caring for.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Mt. Dora, FLMarch 19, 2018
Management's hands are tied, this company,does not care anything about the population they serve. They are only concerned with money, the moral is so low there, that you can see it in the care provided. Everyone is sick of being lied to and talked to any kind of way, not being treated with dignity and respect. All the company has done, is take,take, take, even from the normal lifestyles the individuals used to have, has declined. Their snacks, outings, Special Olympics participation, all of it gone, it is very sad to see.
work day
Medical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJMarch 19, 2018
you are constantly moving. the job is fast paced. interacting with individuals. speaking with doctors. providing transportation. running and scheduling appointments
Productive place to work
Lead Staff (Current Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLMarch 17, 2018
Good job to work at but takes a lot of patience. Hardest part of the job is the process it takes to get to know everyone. Most enjoyable part of the job is the pay, benefits and positive outcome of building rapport with the clients.
Terrible management and work environment
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJMarch 16, 2018
Management doesn’t care about the staff...they only care to take the clients money....staff is way under paid....clients are out of control.....I would NEVER EVER recommend this job !
Pros
Cons
The whole job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bellwether Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.