Play YouTube video button

Belmont Village Senior Living Employee Reviews

United States191 reviews
Featured review
Belmont Village Senior Living selected this as a representative review
A Senior Living company that is in the business for the right reasons
Hands down the best assisted living and memory care programs in the country. Belmont Village truly cares about their residents. First and foremost is resident safety and satisfaction. I have never worked for a company so committed to providing exceptional customer service.
Pros
Tenure of front line staff, executive leadership, encouragement to grow
It is a great place to work
Very good management it is awesome great benefits great pay very nice facility to work at good paid holidays time of I mean what more can I say this is a wonderful facility and a great company to work for
Management sucks
Boss don’t care employees don’t care poor residents
Workers don’t do checks managers have no compassion just lost for words!! I only stayed for the residents
Very friendly place to work.
Very open and friendly nice place to work I would highly recommend here. I’m almost at my one year peak and it’s been a pleasure here at Belmont so far.
Not bad but not good
Management could be better. No raises, which is the downside. Often feel over worked and underpaid.
They do have lifts which is great for residents that cant stand on own.
Pros
The residents
Cons
June 4, 2020
Thank you for your input. Feedback is an integral part of helping us maintain our high operating standards. We encourage you to share any specific concerns or suggestions you may have with our Executive Director.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
This place is the worst.
When I walked into this place I thought it was a good experience, but I was wrong. From money missing to LVNs not caring about the residents. Everyone there management included are snakes. They only pay $10 an hour. Watch your money cuz they will take it. Also, they play favorites. Watch the management team too they are up to no good. They should be shut down but no one cares.the state has been called many times but still no shut down. The CEO needs to go undercover at this one.
June 4, 2020
We’re sorry that your experience didn’t meet your expectations. As a part of our ongoing efforts to provide a great place to work and live, we encourage you to contact our Executive Director to share your concerns.
Was a ok job
Well too be honest it was a ok.job lot of fun.activies each day for patients some times you get too watch one patient or ypu flow the floor which means you help everyone on that floor your working the pay wage was a bit off for me because i had too buy my lunch from the same pay but everything else was ok.with the job lovely patient an activities games,music,walk etc
This place is horrible to work for.
Want to work at a place that under pays and under appreciates you with the backstabbing included? This is the place for you! Watch as seniors scowl and complain to their delight!
Pros
I left for a better job
Cons
I was there longer than a minute
June 4, 2020
We’re sorry your experience at our community didn’t meet your expectations. Please contact our Executive Director to share your concerns or feedback.
Eh
I worked during college here. In the beginning I felt that I was doing a great job. I even did 16 hour shifts and worked a full-time schedule when they really needed people. I called in ONCE because I was sick and got yelled at for calling in multiple times??? I guess management confused me with another PAL and let out all their anger on me. I just came to work for my residents and miss them dearly.
June 4, 2020
We always strive to be the best and rely on feedback from our residents, family members and staff. We encourage you to share your feedback with our Executive Director so that any concerns can be addressed promptly.
My place of employment I believe is more than five stars
A typical day is to be able to achieve all task at hand and assist others when needed laughter always helps me get through the day all family members are so appreciative of the work we do assisting and caring for their love ones they tell us this often
The good
This is a pleasant place to start. Then move along in your career. There is room for growth in this company infact, you're encouraged to pursue your dreams.
All good everyone is friendly and knows your name
Great place to Work, they respect and care about their employees. I enjoy coming to Work .When you come in it's not like a part time job they all greet you with a smile and HR is great always there to help if you have a problem and if you miss a punch it they let you know before they do pay roll to insure you get paid and that's great.
Really bad managers and the staff are all unfriendlly
I worked as a driver in Burbank and had no training by management, but then they did not had any idea to my job or anybodies job. They fired all the managers and had all new managers that were dumber then a bag of rocks. I was fired when one of the girls working there said I did something
and had no proof. Very one talks about each others and things it funny the talk B.S. The sales ladies are running the place not the brain dead Director who is young and dumb. Do Not Work At His Sh-t Hole.
Could be a better working environment
At first, the job was inviting but after you got settled into the job, the atmosphere changed.It was quite clear that management played favorites, and if you were not on the favorite list, you were disciplined for every little thing (some employees used their cell phones on the floor and were not disciplined while other employees who had emergency calls could not use the phone on the floor, but had to go outside and callback a family member if there was an emergency). If you attempted to observe an activity or an employee something new in the job, and you were not a favorite, you were reprimanded
Toxic culture, revolving door of staff
Director team stretched and overworked, no support from corporate who was often backstabbing and two faced. I learned quickly that this company is stuck in their ways, no matter how outdated or inefficient. Revolving door of employees, affecting every aspect of service. Culture was toxic and management ineffective in changing it. Set standards so high, they don't even live up to to them. Spent time and effort being certified as a great place to work, 18 out of 20 should tell you something-it WAS NOT a great place to work. Poor benefits and zero flexibility, care staff often overworked and understaffed. The best part of the job was the residents, the hardest part was seeing that they rarely got what they paid for, on every level.
Its very nice
Caring for others timing is important taking care of needs changing rotating feeding bathingdoing everythi g for the residents is very Important to get every task done
i couldn't say that this place of job was the best for me:((
The management doing good job but more warring about residents then employees it's should be some balance between and I didn't notice it. also I can say it's favoritism there. It's just my opinion nothing else.
Residents are number one priority!
1st shift starts at 6:30, we have to park the YMCA lot then wait for a shuttle to pick us up to take to the facility. We clock in on the iPad and then we walk to the 3rd floor to get our radios then we go to crossover for our meeting before our shift starts. After that we get our group of residents and we start getting them up :)
Nothing stands out
Nothing stands out about this company but the people who needs the help from the workers . Your not going to accomplish anything when there is no team work put in .
Management Needs Training
Management needs retraining. Supervisors are very unprofessional when employees need direction, need questions answered, or need support. They go by their own rules and not policy. Or state policy for that matter. Residents in memory care are often left alone with not enough PALs to properly care for them. Staff is overwhelmed with no support from managers.
If you have any self esteem you won’t be able to last at Belmont
I was hired as a manager at Belmont Rancho Palos Verdes.
The interview process was quite grueling and extensive. Had serious doubts from

the beginning because of lack of respect for my time. Once hired you are mistreated. Imagine , I was a manger!!’

Constant gossip , immature behavior, on the part of the Director and HR.

Don’t even give it a try!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belmont Village Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9