Beltone Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terrible company
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJune 14, 2018
Management is terrible! Don’t waste your time on working here! They treat you terrible! Once Suzanne found out I was pregnant her whole attitude changed towards me! Never allowed me time off for my doctor appointments. They never got things done that we needed done for us to run the office.
Pros
Cons
Management, no time off for doctor appointments, high stress level
Great Heath Care Benefits Team enviornment
System Support Specialist/Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILMarch 18, 2018
I usually work from home 2 days per week as a set schedule.This was a great benefit for me as my commute could be up to 2 hours per way. 12 hours of commuting 3 days a week is very difficult but the work from home benefit was very helpful keeping up my work/life balance My day starts with checking all communications via email and start resolving any issues I may find in all 5 of our systems.Prior to new management the workplace was very team oriented and everyone worked very well together. Management recently changed which drastically changed the culture of the work environment almost eliminating work life balance. The hardest part of my job was my commute and lack of advancement. I very much enjoyed the friendships built over the years with dispensers and fellow employees.
Pros
Work from Home benifits, Health Care, 401K
Cons
New management removed WFH benefits, set core hours, eliminated all work/life balance, also changed the culture from relaxed to very tense, 4 hour Commute a day
There was no room for me to advance at the time
Office administrator (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 11, 2018
When I worked for beltone I was fresh put of college I did not have a very good work history. Becuase of that I felt like I was trapped in a job and not a career.
Pros
Good peoplE
Cons
No advancement
Great, family owned franchise
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIFebruary 6, 2018
I enjoyed working here, but because of so many hearing aid stores opening, their business went down. I went to part time then eventually got laid off totally.
Sales
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTJanuary 8, 2018
Beltone encouraged an atmosphere of high-pressure sales and accountability resulting in stress levels that were not conducive to family life and creativity.
Poor training, no job advancement opportunities
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 11, 2017
They need to improve on the way they handle their training for new employees. I have been doing medical customer service for 10 yrs this is not new to me but the hearing aid side of the business was. I am very capable of learning but not getting the proper training to do the job correctly really bothered me and to be told "i am too busy" when you try to ask a question to me is a real problem,. The training was horrible, pay was low, few if any breaks or lunches and no advancement opportunities. Very disappointed in this job.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, poor benefits after 90 plus days, no pto
competetive
sales/service (Current Employee) –  Piqua, OHNovember 3, 2017
stressful, exhausting, hard to imagine long term career, difficult to get bonus, poor training, harshly critisized, threatened with unpaid time off for 30 days
Your in th office by yourself 4 out of 5 days a week
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Connersville, INAugust 31, 2017
I clean hearing aids and repair what I can. I answer phone and schedule appointments. We do telemarketing, call patients to schedule appointments. I've learned to call insurance companies to check benefits and order supplies. The management is nice, easy to get along with. The hardest thing I guess would be, being in the office by yourself everyday. It can be pretty boring at times. I enjoy talking with the patients when they come in.
Pros
It is an easy job for the most part.
Cons
Being in office by yourself
Dysfunctional Environment
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 16, 2017
Beltone from the outside looks like an amazing company. Sadly, it was full of under paid patient care coordinatiors and hearing specialist. Which can cause a lot of tension in the office. The patient care coordinator does everything and gets treated like a dog. That is why most patient care coordinators try to become a hearing technician or specialist. Beltone overlook women and they will hire individuals (men) from outside sources that are less qualified. Most specialists are drunks, chain smokers, drug abusers with A type personalities. Most of them have records....and the women that do become specialists are catty and/or have slept their way there. It is very dysfunctional and I would not suggest this company to anyone.
Extremely rewarding
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 31, 2017
Not only is this rewarding financially but it is rewarding emotionally and spiritually. Being able to help someone here who hasn't been many years is quite moving for both the patient and the fitter.
Pros
Great hours, low stress
Cons
Widely variable commission based salary
Not the best
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 13, 2017
The patients are great, telemarketing shouldn't be part of a medical office, Office staffed were underpaid and under appreciated. No paid vacation unlesss you were there for 2 years and the insurances was extremely expensive
Treatment boardered on abuse!
Apprentice/PCC (Former Employee) –  Boone, NC, Linville,NC, Wilkesboro,NCApril 11, 2017
Hired into the apprenticeship program but never trained. A former PCC was enlisted to train me and clearly resented the task. The owner would name call and belittle for any mistakes made. Promised one thing but delivered complete opposite!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Expected to travel with no reimbursement, no benefits, no breaks, some days no lunch or eat in car while commuting
Co-workers are fantastic
Hearing Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 6, 2016
I appreciate the opportunity have been able to be licenced as a Hearing Specialist through this company. Overall, the health care and dental benefits are wonderful through Beltone.
Pros
Great benefits
Stable Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 17, 2016
variety of duties, very busy, very fast paced. business is good, company is doing well. large organization, corporate culture, good benefits
A Great Place to Work
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 24, 2016
Working for Beltone is great! The patients are super friendly and so are the staff. You will enjoy working with Beltone! I guarantee it!!!
A great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYDecember 4, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Beltone! I wasn't a fan of telemarketing but overall I really enjoyed my time! The staff was great and management was very professional!
Pros
Great pay, Great hours, Great staff!
pleasent atmosphere to work. freedom to do my work properly
Hearing Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, VAJuly 8, 2015
very nice and professional people to work for
I have learned to have a lot of empathy for people with hearing needs
my co-workers are so enjoyable to work with
the hardest part of the job is telling a patient that we can not help them. that their hearing is too far gone
the most enjoyable part of my job is when people are amazed at the quality of hearing that we can help them ,with the use of hearing aids
Pros
i am able to conduct my business with no interference from management
Cons
strictly commision
Good hours and nice building
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILDecember 30, 2014
More work than you can complete in 8 hours. Speak with over 60 dealers in regards to facilitating their accounts; i.e.: orders, billing issues, customized planning and other work as assigned. Very little direction, even when training. It is a progressive self-learning style of training with very little guidelines or regimentation. This makes it very hard to set goals and fully achieve them. Their is minimal assistance from Management. Most of the people working their and the dealer network are very nice.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Minimal direction, assistance, or goal setting from Management for new hires.
Worked with Older folks and learned great advances on hearing aids.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 4, 2014
Answer phone, Computer work, Scheduled appointments, and confirmed appointments. Assisted in the testing rooms for Spanish speakers. Also worked in the lab area cleaning hearing aids, and replacing batteries. Handled money and credit card machine.
Pros
Was able to work with the older community. Learned great things on hearing aid advancement.
Cons
There was no options for advancement.
ok play to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  stuart floridaOctober 14, 2014
Worked here and learned about the HIPPA forms and how to deal with insurance companies