Beltone Employee Reviews

Poor management. Would, can, and do replace you faster than you can blink.
HAS (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLSeptember 3, 2019
Laid off for no reason. Closing offices left and right. They care more about the dollar, or the returning of the aids, than they do the patient. Sad. Karma....
Pros
Sweet patients
Cons
Working for them
Worst place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJuly 31, 2019
Worst place I have ever worked. The direct supervisor was horrible. He made the office a very uncomfortable as miserable place to be. I dreaded going in to work to work on days I knew he would be in the office.
Low pay for high work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 13, 2019
The pay is absolutely abysmal for the work load carried by the PCC. You are responsible for office admin work such as scheduling, answering phones, and purchasing supplies, hearing aid tech work, cold calling, cash flow and accounts receivable, and you are the building janitor. Essentially you have 3 positions rolled into one, all for 10 dollars an hour. It’s not a liveable wage. The stockers at the local publix make 3 dollars an hour more... not to mention that patillo hearing pays 15 an hour.

You will also spend most days alone in the office which prevents any type of social environment for employees to thrive in.

No advancement opportunities and management never provides guided training yet will be very quick to yell at you and blame you for mistakes.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Pay
Great Job if you can sell
HEARING HEALTH CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Bad Axe, MIMarch 25, 2019
This is a 100% commission job so if you are able to sell, you will make a great living. The advancement options are very limited to to very little management.
Waste of time
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 9, 2019
Management was horrible, no advancement, pay started at $10 hourly. You work alone most days, you cold call these poor patients and convince them they need to make an appointment to purchase hearing aids, putting many of them into a financial bind.
Pros
Cons
Pay, management
Pcc (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 15, 2019
They are so quick to lie on you so that they can get rid of an employee. If it means saying a patient complain just to take the heat off of them they will do so.
Advancement and Raises
Regional Trainer/Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 10, 2019
You can work years here without but .25 to $1 raise per hour. The only advancement opportunity is to move from front desk to being a specialist or you would need to relocate. Healthcare benefits are expensive and not good.
Pros
Independent working
Cons
Healthcare bad
Productive workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 12, 2018
I had an internship. My coworkers were fun and loving. It is a very busy workplace. It is best to keep your pace but keep up with everything you need to do.
low stress
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 18, 2018
I did not get the opportunity to learn much at this position because it was a temporary job. What I did learn, I liked. Management was nice. Helping customers hear better was an added bonus.
Fast paced business
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 7, 2018
Very fun loving family business company. The owner is the riving force of the company and will stop at nothing to take care of her staff. Lovely staff to work for.
Disappointment
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSSeptember 10, 2018
Worked here for about a year and a half. Once management changed, everything was chaotic and no one knew what to do. No help had to do more than hired
Pros
Hour lunch, Pto
Cons
Poor management, lack of help
reception and marketing
PCC (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVAugust 24, 2018
Reception duties were great, cleaning office as added duty was not bad but not great, marketing duties making calls to sell hearing aids is the majority of the job though.
Patient Care Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAAugust 22, 2018
It was the worst job I have ever had. Violent and hostile manager. Corporate office set up cameras in main office to watch. It was terrible. Don't do it.
Family Owned Franchise
Hearing Instrument Specialist, Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 20, 2018
My family owned a franchise and I enjoyed the work that I did at Beltone. I left because my family decided to sell the company but overall I would recommend the company and their products.
Pros
Flexible hours, kind employees
Cons
Healthcare and Insurance hurdles
Selling Hearing Aids
HEARING CARE PRACTITIONER (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 7, 2018
Day-to-day of the job involves servicing patients hearing aids, testing individuals for hearing loss, and selling hearing aids.

Opportunity to build and maintain great relationships, and therefore return business.
Pros
Excellent work-life balance, great pay structure
Cons
Fully commissioned based and paycheck can fluctuate frequently
good work life balance
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNJuly 20, 2018
it's a cool company, not too stressful, everyone works together. They offer training once a year, they give you all the information needed to help make your job easier.
Pros
they offer bonus opportunities
Cons
pay
Inflexible with time off needed for anything. No compassion.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 19, 2018
I went home sick and was considered voluntary walk off. High turnover , management very 2 faced. The commission paid for telemarketing is very low,and people rarely come in for appointments set.
Restrictive Atmosphere
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 19, 2018
Beltone was very monotonous, dealing with the same situations everyday.

I learned how to communicate and sympathize with patients due to struggles with hearing loss and other issues pertaining to the aging process.

Management seemed to be very self-serving and not necessarily focused on the well-being of their employees, but rather, their bottom line.

Workplace culture was pretty neutral. There wasn't excessive amounts of comraderie, however, there were times that co-workers didn't seem to have many interactions.

The hardest part of the job was adapting to dealing with the elderly population and being able to meet their needs in a way that left them feeling taken care of and truly satisfied with the service and the product.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you were able to make a difference in someone's life. Understanding that the aging process can be debilitating and defeating.
Terrible company
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJune 14, 2018
Management is terrible! Don’t waste your time on working here! They treat you terrible! Once Suzanne found out I was pregnant her whole attitude changed towards me! Never allowed me time off for my doctor appointments. They never got things done that we needed done for us to run the office.
Pros
Cons
Management, no time off for doctor appointments, high stress level
productive and fun work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 17, 2018
Love my job at Beltone, just needing something closer to home with more benefits etc.Love beltone management very understanding company Family first then work is how they run there company. Very family oriented.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beltone. Our community is ready to answer.