Belvedere Health Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 23, 2018
Love workibg there its awesome wroking here evzeyone worked together i will siggest this job if u like to work alot od hours. Bus routes to get to tour cliebts house and u xan make yojr own hours
Pros
Ecerythibg great
Cons
Everything great
Very interactive.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 5, 2018
The facility was clean and easy going. The work was given efficiently most times and the lack of office communication resides in uncalled for employment terminations
Pros
Snack machines and mutiple drop boxes
Cons
Travel with no support benefits and faculty personal tension
All about $$$
Independent Life Skills Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 1, 2018
I worked at Belvedere when they were still a start up and they were trying to work out some of the bugs and I met some really amazing people and worked with some incredible clients however the upper management left something to be desired. First, I do not believe that any human or health service agency should be for profit and Belvedere was. They went through several Exec Directors while I was there and the last one decided that I was not 'well suited' for the job and offered me the option to quit or get fired. I let her fire me, of course, so that I could get unemployment until I found another job. I walked away from that company and never looked back and would never recommend it to anyone.
Fun place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  1 van tromp stDecember 8, 2017
I like it a lot it was a great experience and i loved working with the clients. They also offered a structure day program. They are many opportunities to enhance your career and move up they are very inspiring.
overall great place to work
HHA/PCA (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 30, 2017
Belvedere was a great place to work, the employees and employers all worked very hard together to ensure safe and clean environments for the consumers that they were responsible to look after.
Pros
as many hours as you desire
Cons
getting stuck on a shift
Exciting place
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 11, 2017
I enjoy my job. My clients are able to get the best care and I would recommend anyone to get a job there or even see about getting care for their family through Belvedere
Overall a decent company.
Health Care Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 27, 2017
For a health care agency that staff clients in their homes, I think they should pay more attention to how some of the clients are living. They have a wide range of clients to choose from.
Pros
Working in private homes, no one looking over your shoulder.
Cons
Working in private homes. Some homes are barely fit to live in.
Program
PCA Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 17, 2017
When going to program with the clients it is very fun and exciting they have sports and learning activities motor skill activities arts and craft activities exercising and it's very motivating for the clients because it helps them not want to stay home
The pay isn't all too great for the work.
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 4, 2017
Save your time and energy and apply somewhere that cares about the individual. The on-call nurses are hit or miss with how much they care about your client's situation and all too often are eager to get off of the phone and dont listen to genuine concern. Scheduling is a pain, mandated overtime is basically guaranteed if your relief staff calls out which is totally inconvenient if you want to go home (you can be charged with abandonment for leaving a 24 hour client. Ive been mandated on countless shifts, making for 16 hour work days with no option to go home. If your client is difficult, trust the fact that you'll only get advice over the phone but still be required to stay.
Pros
the clients are diverse, never the same day twice
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, required weekends, management isnt very good.
Great environment
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 24, 2017
It's a really great God the people are even better . You get to learn about how different people in different situations handle life . It's worth it ..
Cons

Want to know more about Belvedere Health Services?

Ask a question
A fun work place and stressful
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 27, 2017
I run a few groups. they are hourly.
I learned a lot about people with Traumatic brain injury
the management and supervisors are great
The hardest part about my job is the behaviors with the participants
Seeing the faces of participants that glow when they see you come into to work.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
short breaks
Fast pace job constant moving,a lot of on your feet time
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYDecember 27, 2016
Belvedere health services has nurses in there that have major attitudes an who belittle cnas they throw there weight around an a lot of them do drugs. Belvedere was on the news for nurses getting paid to let a man go in old ladies rooms an touch them. That should be enough to show u how currupt they are.
Pros
Free coffee free lunch on Wednesdays free concerts with your clients
Cons
One break that is short no bathroom time agitated co workers No team work sink or swim
Very Busy fast pace company
Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 18, 2016
a typical day is scheduling open shifts i enjoy working with my co-workers, the hardest part of my job is finding the right aide for the each client. i love my boss very understanding person.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
typical healthcare agency
Assist elderly (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 25, 2015
It was a job ! The hardest part about this job was getting scheduled to work. The best part of the job was working with my clients in general.
Good company to work at, room for advancement
Scheduling supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 2, 2015
As a scheduler, you deal with very busy phone lines, helping staff with maintaing schedules as well as filling open shifts and call outs to ensure client coverage. I had a strong connection with my co-workers, and management was fair. The hardest part of the job was sometimes having all things go wrong at once, and having to be the ones to put it back together, however the best part of the job was just the job in total, it was a rewarding position that kept you going.
Pros
Nice and helpful co-workers, good equipment to help with job duties
Cons
Constant on-call hours
Challenging work place
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 4, 2015
A typical day at work includes me bathing,feeding, cooking,medication reminding,assisting with clothing and transferring. I provide light housekeeping chores and participate with client community activities.
Pros
I can work unsupervised
Cons
possibility of getting stuck on shifts
What I learned
CHHA (Former Employee) –  Albany NYDecember 5, 2014
I learned how to care for those with brain injuries and how to help them perform daily duties to get the most out of their lives.
Not a happy place.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 24, 2014
When I was hired, it took 3 weeks for the company to set up my office. Management did not show me how the office was run. I was left to figure out this new position on my own. Co-workers were not friendly.
Great Place to work!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 17, 2014
This facility is a great place to work.
The employees and staff here really care about there residents and do everything in there power to ensure that the residents/customers are always happy and well cared for.
Pros
Very People oriented
Cons
Could use more great employees
Encouraged independence
Licensed Practical Nurse, Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 8, 2014
Office part of job was very busy. Learned about different services offered to improve the quality of life to the people we served (TBI- traumatic brain injured & NHTD- nursing home transition) Supervisors always willing to help and we worked as a TEAM! Deadlines for paperwork when short handed made job difficult. Management letting you know you are appreciated was nice!
Pros
Mileage reimbursement
Cons
insurance not affordable