Bemis Company Inc Employee Reviews

its a good company to work for
packer (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 11, 2018
its hot you have to wear pants and tshirt. its very fast paced, people are nice..its very clean..the hardest thing really is it being so hot..the most enjoyable thing was being under AC.
Cooperative work
Press assistant (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PASeptember 27, 2018
Working for Bemis has been a learning experience in the printing fields of employment and seeing our products being sold in the communiy is a uplifting thought.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hot in summer
Not enjoyable
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 27, 2018
Hours are terrible and in healthy, they show no remorse for the employees that work the horrible hours and have a hard time sleeping, working 12 hour shifts with 3 hours of sleep in two days not good
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible hours, poor management
Good company to workwith as a Contractor
SAP MM/ IM/WM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 22, 2018
I learnt Handling Units concept which was very new to me and became expert now, of course due to hard work and continuous practice. I am not sure about the internal things about the company because I worked with this company as a cotractor.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Bad ploitics as far as I observed
Steady Employment Opportunity
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 21, 2018
After 19 years of service where I intended to retire, the micromanagement of my superiors detracted from the previous enjoyment of going to work. I still enjoy what I do but having non-mechanical people evaluate your experience, procedural duties and time management deflates ones ambition to continue at a high level of accomplishment. When the perception that someone in an authoritative position of responsibility gets in the way of their ego and eyesight, trouble is soon to appear. My 19 years of consistent job performance, expertise, wisdom and passion for continual learning was cast aside like it was completely irrelevant to the continued success of the company. Upon termination from my position, as of midnight that day, all benefits of insurance for me and my family were canceled. The company says they care about your well being until they don't and you are essentially dead to them.
Pros
Economically pretty stable for employment
Cons
Continual manipulation of gainsharing formula
Decent Company Overall, but many cooks in the kitchen!
Market Manager (Product Manager) (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 15, 2018
Bemis was an okay place to work, but due to its large size and many "cooks in the kitchen", it was difficult to get things done. The culture was fine, except for the general lack of responsiveness from people working there when it came to internal matters. This made it a struggle to get work accomplished since you had to rely on people in other functional areas for information and they seemed to place email communications in the lowest priority level, so unless you could catch them on the phone or track them down at their desk, just getting the info needed to make decisions or the right people together in a meeting was a daily struggle.
Pros
Flexible Work Environment, Good Compensation
Cons
Difficult to execute on work with reliance on so many other functional areas for input
Good work and great people
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, IASeptember 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working at bemis it was a wonderful work experience with great people. However i had to move so am looking for a job closer to where i am located at.
Productive and fun workplace
Preschool Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saline, MISeptember 7, 2018
Smiling kid faces, breakfast, arts and crafts, learning, outside playing, carpet/reading time, lunch, nap time, games, snack time.
NAEYC Program
Time-management
Friendly/kind
Getting every kid to agree
Making the children happy and laugh and enjoying each other's presence.
Up in the air
Employee (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 5, 2018
With the company being purchased there are a lot of unknowns. I hope for the best for my current employees. I worked with an exceptional group of people and I wish nothing but the best for them and the future of their jobs.
solving problems to get the products to our customers
Trainer Relief Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New London, WISeptember 3, 2018
I've learned that I can accomplish anything that I set my mind to. I work as an operator on the production floor and help out in the supervisor's office running the production floor with all the ins and outs that come along with that. I enjoy the different problems that arise and figuring out a way to get them solved.
Pros
friendly place
Cons
It used to be a geat safe place to work. Ideas turned into reality.
Plant Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OH 43420August 29, 2018
Lack of infrastructure and IT support severely impedes work progress. Management unsupportive of salary personnel. Improvement projects are no longer being pursued/supported. Opinions rule and fact based management is no longer part of the culture.
Pros
Clean work place.
Cons
Health benefits very expensive and little coverage.
Overall great place to work, however they kept downsizing in house on jobs/employees
Graphic Artist Administrator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 22, 2018
They eventually moved all most all jobs out of state and laying off 100’s of employees . Was a good family business for numerous years. They recently have been bought out.
Pros
Paid lunch hour
Cons
Was doing poorly in keeping jobs alive
Stressful and fast-paced work environment
Rewind Assistant Operator (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 20, 2018
Running for 12 hours straight, no work-life balance, swing shift. Minimal training and follow thru. Wages do not keep up with cost of living and management hypercritical.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no work/life balance
It was good money
Materials Planner/Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Pauls Valley, OKAugust 18, 2018
I would rate it a 3 out of ten. The job itself isn't bad it the people and management that you have to deal with. That's all I have to say about it...
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Preaching safety but only care about money
Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 16, 2018
Management only pushes to run faster faster faster, they talk day and night about safety but really they could couldn't care less about the employees. Constant changes based on stupid ideas and no interest at all in what we the employees making their money say about anything
Pros
Company is going under and right now there's no pros
Interesting product
PLANT MAINTENANCE/ENGINEERING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 16, 2018
I found it quite interesting how much effort it took to create high volumes of labels for the beverage industry. Also what was interesting was the process itself.
Pros
Annual bonus. Monthly luncheons for achieving safety targets
Cons
Old equipment, some 40 years old.
Not a bad place to work
Assistant Printing Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 13, 2018
Not a bad place to work but the management is very poor. The job is a bit repetitive but its easy work and the pay and benefits are well worth it. The worst part is how management doesn't communicate to you at all.
benefits
Cons
communication from upper management
Decent pay with lots of over the top nonsense from management.
Grunt (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 4, 2018
If they would focus on their employees more than money, they would probably get a head. Throwing money around for new machines instead of fixing the issues they have with current machines is a waste of capital. The ideas they need to stay afloat in the Rocky business is right underneath them with their employees but they pay consultants to tell them answers they already have. Safety is definitely not a priority. Thier moto is a distant dream that they will never acheive.
Pros
Eight percent matching on 401K
Cons
Poor management, Lean Manufacturing, not safety conscious.
Company in Major Transition
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 29, 2018
Bemis is a company of many acquisitions and mergers. The company is beginning to lose its technology advantages causing it to become extremely lean to continue to compete.
Pros
job security; many opportunities
Cons
future is unclear; all new leadership from outside of company
Run away
Flunky (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYJuly 25, 2018
Not a Big Fan of Bemis. Profit is everything to them even though they tell you it isn't. I made a mistake by going there. Felt like the crosshairs were on me all the time.
Benefits
Cons
HR is nonexistant and Supervisors have to do everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bemis Company Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight