Bemis Company Inc Employee Reviews

Not a great work enviroment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  New London, WIJuly 12, 2018
Salary and Union do not work well together. No layoffs, the business is strong. The comp and benefits are average and the company is satisfied with being average.
Not bad
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 11, 2018
Place wasn't bad to work at, it was hot, and I didn't like forced ot on 12 hour shifts. Plus In my opinion they did not promote safety above all. Pay was tops for area
No fun
Set upTech/Trainer/Fork truck driver (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJune 29, 2018
Supervisor acts like she's your mom,and not management, she is in everybody business instead of doing her job , there is no growth at all in the place
Hours and Flexibility were great
Logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 12, 2018
Management and others in office are kindly put not nice people, hours and flexibility for family life were wonderful, job was fast paced I liked that. Not acknowledged for doing well is a major problem in company positions.
Needs a general manager change
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  New London, WIJune 8, 2018
In a nutshell the culture at Bemis is to pass the buck on to the next person. My general manager knows very little about machining or engineering but is a decision maker in this particular part of the business. I'm not sure how the management team got to their positions but it is a good ole boy culture where needless positions are created for people that are part of the club. Now our facility is under scrutiny by upper management in an effort to control cost due to the restructuring efforts at Bemis. One of the most obvious and correct decisions to make would be to clean up the unnecessary overhead but unfortunately they are resistant to that. I could go on for hours about the ongoing issues at our facility but I think I covered one of the bigger ones.
Pros
Decent pay and flexible work hours
Cons
Workplace culture is not sustainable.
it was a great job, but they had a high turn over rate bc they way they crew leader s and head packers talk to the employees
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJune 8, 2018
it was a great job only thing that i had a problem with was the abusive of authority and never followed procedure . they couldn't keep no one they always would quit because the way the ran the crew .but soon after i left they fired the crew leaders that was the trouble so i think i would recommend it to someone else as long as it under new management.
Pros
you can come in on your days off and get all the over time u want, if u work hard and know someone you will progress in the company
Cons
hot environment, swing shifts so body gets wore down easy
Not a good place to stay
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJune 2, 2018
You never know if you going to have a job or get written up for the previous workday. Very streetlights environment to work in. And the crew leaders are no help at all
Pros
Cons
The whole work place
Fast paced work environment
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 30, 2018
The company is going through a cultural change throughout all functions. Within each area of the company there are opportunities to take on new responsibility.
Not a great place to work, they will burn you out
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 24, 2018
Pay rate is good but is eaten up by 450.00 per month insurance and management is atrocious. The stress level is too high and the push for production is unreal I understand that corporations need to make money but Bemis is just greedy. The best part of the day is clocking out and the worst is clocking in.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Union contracts and very stressful environment
open positions
N/A (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 24, 2018
Appears to be a very high turnover of people, it must be for a reason and probably not a positive one. one must ask, how do you maintain a highly qualified staff with a high turn over ? I wanted to work there for a long time but not when I continually see the same jobs posted over and over again every few months. there is a reason for that
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fairly relaxed
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 21, 2018
A typical day usually isn't too stressful. Management does not act on any concerns brought up by current employees or contract employees that were told they would be hired on as full time employees.
Decent place
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHMay 21, 2018
Pay is ok
Descent work/life balance
Clean environment that is climate controlled
No Job stability, recently laid off a lot of people. Closed a couple of plants as well
Pros
Clean/climate controlled
Cons
Job stability
Bemis has a good culture.
IT Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 21, 2018
I enjoyed my 11 years working with Bemis. My typical day at work included troubleshooting IT related issues from software to hardware such as laptops, desktop and network printers.
Pros
Excellent People to work with
Cons
Unbalanced work/family work schedule
Hot but good place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMay 19, 2018
I think they should pay more for how hot it is there. They don't let you smoke on your breaks. But they do make you work at a fast pace and I really enjoyed that part of it
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
two 10 min breaks
supervisors don't mean what they say
Finishing Operator (Former Employee) –  Pauls Valley, OKMay 18, 2018
Poor management , lack personality, too many chiefs not enough Indians plus employees were treated poorly on shift. Poorer supervisors at least on 1st and 3rd shift !
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else not including pay
Mindless work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 18, 2018
Takes 20 + years to get on days as an operator. They start at decent pay rate but tops out at a lower than other comparable factories in the area. No matching for 401k. And the insurance is expensive for what little it covers.
Pros
Never had any issues with getting paid
Cons
Takes forever to get to day shift. Low top pay and expensive insurance
Long hours,good pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 16, 2018
It's not bad if you are working with people of similar interests. If you don't get along with your coworkers, it is terrible. The biggest downside is management. Most of them are completely incompetent and think everyone is replaceable.
Struggling
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 9, 2018
Huge shifts in management and subsequent strategies have created a stressful and difficult culture to work. Cost cutting and restructuring seems obvious that it is positioning itself for sale. Some really smart and dedicated people, many seemed trapped in a perilous culture.
Benefits
production worker
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCMay 6, 2018
sort plastic containers for quality control. perform shipping & receiving duties & maintain a clean work space. working for bemis gave me the experience in warehouse work so i can pursue more opportunities to explore options concerning my career.
Pros
good pay
Cons
3rd shift
Fast paced, Middle management not appreciated
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 29, 2018
Great job, great employees. Pay is not enough compared to the responsibilities we have.
Middle management seems more like an annoyance to upper management.
Supervisors have to go through manager and HR for EVERYTHING.
No real authority..."inmates run the prison"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bemis Company Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight