Ben & Jerry's Employee Reviews

Great first job
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 18, 2019
I've been working there for 3 years and I love my coworkers, Management is pretty good. It's perfect for high school and college students. It's super flexible.
Peace Love and Happiness
Shift Lead/Catering Captain (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTFebruary 7, 2019
This job was a great way to spend summers and part-time while in school. I got to work with amazing, fun people and serve the best ice cream on earth. I learned how to work with a team and manage a team, and was able to learn directly from the global corporate office located nearby. Lifetime friends were made at B&Js, and a strong work ethic with a healthy dose of fun was a prerequisite to success.
internship only
Ben and Jerry's Internship (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 4, 2019
I had an internship at Ben and Jerry's and did not spend a significant amount of time working there but the time I did have with this company was enjoyable overall.
Enjoyable work place but difficult owner
Scooper (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 2, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Ben & Jerry's, in regards to my coworkers and the job itself. Serving customers was a wonderful opportunity to grow as an employee. However, the owner falls short in regards to his agreement with Ben & Jerry's beliefs. While outwardly he's alright to deal with, he fails to uphold and support Ben & Jerry's beliefs on equality among minorities.
Pros
free scoop every day, great coworkers
Cons
bigoted owner
Great Place to Work
Team Manager, Scooper (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTFebruary 1, 2019
This job offers flexible hours and is a great, friendly environment. Each member of the team is kind and supportive and is willing to work to give the customers the best care no matter what it takes
Ben & Jerry's was a good first job that taught me a lot of responsibility
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 30, 2019
When working at Ben & Jerry's you are expected to work alone in the store so everyone that worked there had their own key. The person who worked the morning shift would set up the store for the whole day and the person who closed would clean everything for the next day. I have learned a lot of responsibility from this job because I was in the store alone. When costumers came in I would prepare their order for them, ring them up, and then I would clean up after them. The hardest part of the job was trying to juggle everything going on. There were lots of things you had to do throughout the day such as make waffle cones and keep everything stocked up. You also had to help all the costumers there because you are the only one working. All of the costumers are your responsibility, this helped prepare me in many ways.
Pros
Free scoop of ice cream and 50% discount
Cons
Alone in the store and we didn't have a manger that was devoted only to our store
Good money at what cost
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 23, 2019
The managers and owner are misogynistic. Plain and simple. A great fun job particularly in the summer but they will overwork you unfairly and emotionally manipulate you.
Fun and easy going
Line Worker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Watkins Glen, NYJanuary 21, 2019
The best job I ever had, Managers were great, staff was great and the pay was awesome. Perfect part time job but I would work there again in a heartbeat!
Pros
free ice cream after a shift
Fast-paced during season, slow during winter
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 13, 2019
Ben & Jerry's on Newbury Street is a decently fun part-time job. Minimum wage for scoopers. Promotion to shift leader is only a one dollar increase. Not bad, but probably could be higher since shift leaders definitely do more work than what they are paid. Lots of physical labor including loading and unloading bulks. Can be extremely tiresome. There is not much time for idle time, but if there is, there is always something that needs to be tended to. During summer, it can be very difficult as lines go out the door on the daily. During winter, most focus is put on cake orders and shop upkeep and inventory. Overall, a good experience if you are in it for the experience. Customer service is highly valued and enforced. Learn as you go, kind of thing. I'd recommend it for the experience, but not for long term.
Pros
One free ice cream per shift
Cons
Short/nonexistent breaks, sometimes severely understaffed, tiny backroom - not a lot of space to get orders done, restock ice cream, etc.
Fun atmosphere with sweet treats
General Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 3, 2019
Its a great ice cream shop with a good social awareness.
Pros
Ice cream
It was okay
Cashier/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 30, 2018
Wouldn’t work there again unless it received better management The hours I told them I could work were not always given to be unfortunately. Manager was rude
Fun & Productive Workplace
Cashier/Scooper (Current Employee) –  National Harbor, MDDecember 13, 2018
This job can be slow or fast paced depending on the seasons. Mainly around summertime is when we receive long lines out the door. This job is really fun to work at and the ice cream is amazing. The hardest part of the job can be the cleaning up process at the end of the night. The most enjoyable part of the job is the employees, eating ice cream, and
Pros
Free Lunch, Bonuses
Cons
Short breaks, air condition
Ice Cream is Fun!
Area Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 7, 2018
Being a General Manager at Ben & Jerry's is both rewarding and challenging at the same time. A typical day consisted of spending time at each of my stores, handling employee issues, motivating staff, and making sure the overall operations were followed
Pros
Seeing employees grow
Cons
Stressful
Great place to start
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 2, 2018
The managers are very helpful. The work hours is very flexible and the work environment is relaxed and casual. Free cone day is the most enjoyable day, everybody gets together and help one another to serve the greater community.
Great Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 29, 2018
Great Company with an outstanding social mission that cares deeply for employee success and happiness. The franchise are very involved in the local community.
Fun but poor management
Cashier/Scooper (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 29, 2018
Working here was lots of fun, but over the summer was very stressful with long lines going out the store. We were under staffed due to poor management. Learned to have patience and to have a good time while working.
Pros
Free Icecream
Cons
Long time to clean
Fun college job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  State College, PANovember 24, 2018
This is probably my favorite job.
I worked there in college for two years.
I was promoted to manager after just a few months.
It was loads of fun and customer service is great fun in an ice cream shop.
Good place to learn basic skills
SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WANovember 15, 2018
Great place to work for students, the Kirkland store is amazing and the GM does a great job. Definitely my favorite job I've had, just gets old after a while and can become very boring.
productive, super fun, nice employees, yummy ice cream
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 15, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Ben & Jerry's because i got to eat the ice cream and help customers decide which one they liked too! I also enjoyed working with the different types of machines they use to make the cones and smoothies. I also worked at the zoo with Ben & Jerry's which was awesome because not only did i get to see animals, I got to sell ice cream and watch animals.
Pros
discount, fun people, new learning experience every day.
Cons
high turn over, a lot to remember
Teen Job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2018
Not for adults. Catering to younger people of you are looking for a career Ben and Jerrys through this particular company is not where you need to be.