Ben & Jerry's Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ben and Jerry's
Retail Associate / Scoopers (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 16, 2018
A typical day at work was organized and efficient if you understood your job. Everyone was friendly and helped each other work and move forward, help when needed. I Really enjoyed the people and company itself, it was good to know I was working for a company that worked for the community and respected me as a worker and person.
Pros
lunch break, free ice cream, discount, nice people, steady work, good pay
Great company with good leadership and a positive mission
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 13, 2018
I loved working for the company however the local management was lacking in professionalism. I was able to learn a lot and advance based on my skills.
Productive and really fun workplace
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2018
As a Ben & Jerry's employee I learned about the importance of customer service to sale high priced items, it was more about the experience we give to the customer more than the product itself and that's something I always strive for in any work environment.
Fun Productive
Ice cream scooper and janitor (Former Employee) –  Downtown PittsburghJune 1, 2018
Overall I had a great time working there but it was only temporary. I was only 17 turning 18 so it was a great work experience but I have moved on to better living because I am now to how and have responsibilities that needs to be tend to.
Stressful environment
Scooper/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cape May, NJMay 30, 2018
I worked at Ben & Jerry's for a whole summer, I worked atleast 50 hours every week which is good but eventually it got to be too much. If you work well with people you will be fine but at first its a bit crazy. Overall it was an okay job but the manager (owner) would treat me like I had no idea how to do anything even after an entire year of working here. I asked for a raise the following year after being the go to employee all summer and busting my butt and they told me they weren't doing raises therefor I left. Other employees would call out or just not show up and I would constantly pick up their slack and got no respect.
Pros
Good money, lots of hours available, ice-cream is good
Cons
Management (owner)
Ben and Jerry’s
Scooper/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAMay 29, 2018
Some days at Ben and Jerry’s were good. Some were bad. During the summer it gets stressful becuase of the lines, and it is hectic behind the line, on rainy days it’s slow and boring. There’s never really an inbetween. The managers are harsh and not very lenient, but the coworkers are nice people and good people. The policies at Ben and Jerry’s are strict, and if you like it like that then I’d suggest to work there
Pros
50% off
Cons
Short breaks
Fun co-workers, great manager, not so great owners
Scooper/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJMay 28, 2018
This job is extremely underpaid for the amount of work and labor that is required. You are paid minimum wage when you truly deserve 10$ an hour. You close around 11pm but clean until 12am on the weekends maybe even later. There were times they enforced rules where if you don't finish cleaning within 30 minutes you have to clock out and clean on your own time. If the register was short by the end of the day you would get tip taken away even though it could of been shorted from the morning shift. The owners are the most unpleasant people I have ever encountered. They are so rude and unappreciative. I wont give out a name, but specifically the husband has quite an attitude. They made the job un-enjoyable. Overall, expect to work your entire summer away and get very little time off here. I missed out on so many bonfires and beach days because I had to work. If you have nothing going on really and don't mind working late, this is the job for you.
Pros
free kids scoop of icecream, great manager
Cons
owners
My first job.
Cashier/Food service (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 17, 2018
This was my first job when I was old enough to work. It was a basic customer service job that dealt with customer service and money handling skills. I ended up working this job as well as another at the same time in order to have enough hours, but eventually left this job to focus on the other.
Fun Place to Work, Good for High Schoolers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMay 14, 2018
Just talk to people and make their ice cream dreams come true!!! Occasional marketing changes and change old flavors out for new. Very easy with an easy going staff but don't think that anyones going to do more than whats required of them. No PTO, No Vacation time, and no sick days.
Best place I have ever been employed
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 14, 2018
I have worked many jobs in my life so far and this has been by far one of the best jobs I have ever worked. I always feel valued and understood when at work. My efforts are noticed and rewarded and I am considered an important member of my team. It feels like a family at my shop in Harvard Square.
Pros
Free Ice Cream!
Cons
Short Breaks
Great atmosphere
Scooper/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 12, 2018
I loved working there while in high school. It was relaxed and the coworkers were awesome. I enjoyed the music and the laughter with customers and coworkers.
Don't get hurt you will be fired with no explaination
Slave (Former Employee) –  St. Albans, VTMay 3, 2018
The St Albans plant management sucks third shift is the worst. Have to watch over your shoulder all the time. Saw many people I know get hurt thru no fault of their own get fired. Was way better before Unilever took over.
Best place of work
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2018
The crew I worked with was the best. They were all hard working and happy individuals. I never saw an angry customer. Management was very easy to talk to. There were never any schedule or compensation issues.
Wonderful Place
Scooper/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMarch 25, 2018
I really enjoy working at Ben and Jerry's. All the staff and management are extremely helpful and cheerful to be around. The hours are very flexible with my school schedule, and the pay with tips is nice.
great to be around people,an they really help u level up.
Cross Trainee (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 25, 2018
great place to work. free ice cream, respectful workers, hard working team members.the hardest part was working in the freezer. The enjoyable part of the day was to see customer eat there ice cream peacefully.
Pros
free lunch
Love Ben and Jerry's!
Miami Lakes - Team Member (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMarch 20, 2018
Ben and Jerry's is a great company to work for. They uphold wonderful values regarding saving the environment and social equality, etc. The workplace is fun
great fun place
Ice Cream Server (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 7, 2018
typical ice cream shop
learn communication skills
handling food
and always be on top of your game
the people made the job so much fun
hardest part is when rush hour kicks in during summer thats when your running around scooping peoples orders but other than that that was one of my favorite jobs when I was younger
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 24, 2018
A very exciting place to work. I enjoyed the environment. Different people places and things. It was a different experience I loved it. Tastings all types of favor of ice cream.
Pros
Discounts on the food
Cons
Short breaks
Greta people
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 24, 2018
Loved working there, it was a very fun and happy place. I was sad I had to leave for school. If I am in the Boston area again I would love to work there.
Great place for a 16 year old
Shift Lead/Caterer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 16, 2018
I would only work here if you are looking to make decent money at a young age and willing to be flexible with working long hours in the summer time. Overall a good experience for someone who is looking for this to be their first job.