Ben & Jerry's Employee Reviews

A fun working place
Scooper/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VA 23690September 19, 2018
It is a great place to work. Everybody is friendly and kind. You meet loads of different people and get loads of customer service experience. It’s a wonderful for a first job, part-time job, and full-time. The vibe there is just amazing.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
N/a
Small cute place to sit and have ice cream
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Ben and Jerry’s can do better as a company and stores need a little more work. Employees need benefits. Also they need to be treated better. Should have payed vacation and sick days.
Not a bad place needs better management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 14, 2018
A typical morning is making waffle cones,bowls,brownies,scooping ice cream,makn milkshakes,and ice cream cakes.It gets messy throughout the day you’re going to get sticky.
Pros
Meeting friendly customers, co-workers, and enjoying ice cream
Cons
Slow paced, barely any hours
N/a
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 4, 2018
Working here prepares you for positive attitude and great customer service. While working here I’ve learned to maintain a positive attitude and have a fun one serving customers and meeting people. Along with the business side I’ve leared how to take inventory and order materials for my job and handle my shop alone on shifts.
It was a fun friendly work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 1, 2018
I loved the other employees, they were fun and upbeat. This job is flexible with hours. It is clean and organized. Great first job for a high schooler to have!
Pros
Tips
Cons
Get off late
bdfghj
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 28, 2018
Clean and supply designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc). Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities. Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects. Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs. Make adjustments and minor repairs. Stock and maintain supply rooms. Cooperate with the rest of the staff. Follow all health and safety regulations
Great company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 26, 2018
Great company to work for. overall friendly environment. Fast paced during the busy season and a lot of down time during the off season. great morals within the company from corporate all the way through the to the franchises.
Easy mind numbing work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 22, 2018
Perfect for a high school grad or a college freshmen. This is an easy job that requires minimal effort and even less responsibility. Have fun tasting ice cram all day, just make sure not to over indulge in samples and switch up your scooping arm.
Don't work here
cashier, keyholder (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 9, 2018
Owner is a pervert and an alcoholic. Management is nonexistent. Had to work 6+ days a week and overtime was unpaid. I walked out and they begged me to come back because all of the employees were quitting.
Nice enviroment
Part-Time Employee (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 2, 2018
It is a busy enviroment, nice people and amazing ice cream. I learn a lot in the food industry and how to serve customers. Everyone fits at Ben and Jerry's.
Pros
the ice cream flavors are amazing
Cons
short breaks
took inventory of and placed orders maintaining a functional stock of supplies
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 31, 2018
one day at work it was a busy day i was the only one on my side that some of my team didnt come in so it was two of us .so we had to do everything which was make the ice cream the milkshake
we had to be really fast and not mess up on people orders.It was so hard but we made it.
Fast-paced and flexible workplace
Supervisor / Off-Premise Manager (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTJuly 30, 2018
Ben & Jerry's continues to be an outstanding company to work for as far as community involvement and valuing their staff is concerned. The location I work for is particularly busy so it makes for a quick -feeling work day. The job entails a decent amount of light lifting (Nothing over 30 lbs. usually), and involves a heavy amount of standing and walking.
Pros
30 minutes for break (paid)
Cons
Sometimes overwhelming amount of customers
Dirty and unorthodox
Scooper/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJuly 30, 2018
Managers were extremely rude and treated everyone below them inferior. I worked extremely hard and was still treated like garbage. Would not recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Free ice cream on the job
Cons
Rude managers
Fun workplace with diverse staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 21, 2018
The staff is a collection of unique individuals who create a truly inclusive and welcoming atmosphere with excellent customer service at the center of every employee's focus.
Ben and Jerry's
Retail Associate / Scoopers (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 16, 2018
A typical day at work was organized and efficient if you understood your job. Everyone was friendly and helped each other work and move forward, help when needed. I Really enjoyed the people and company itself, it was good to know I was working for a company that worked for the community and respected me as a worker and person.
Pros
lunch break, free ice cream, discount, nice people, steady work, good pay
Great company with good leadership and a positive mission
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 13, 2018
I loved working for the company however the local management was lacking in professionalism. I was able to learn a lot and advance based on my skills.
Productive and really fun workplace
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2018
As a Ben & Jerry's employee I learned about the importance of customer service to sale high priced items, it was more about the experience we give to the customer more than the product itself and that's something I always strive for in any work environment.
Fun Productive
Ice cream scooper and janitor (Former Employee) –  Downtown PittsburghJune 1, 2018
Overall I had a great time working there but it was only temporary. I was only 17 turning 18 so it was a great work experience but I have moved on to better living because I am now to how and have responsibilities that needs to be tend to.
Stressful environment
Scooper/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cape May, NJMay 30, 2018
I worked at Ben & Jerry's for a whole summer, I worked atleast 50 hours every week which is good but eventually it got to be too much. If you work well with people you will be fine but at first its a bit crazy. Overall it was an okay job but the manager (owner) would treat me like I had no idea how to do anything even after an entire year of working here. I asked for a raise the following year after being the go to employee all summer and busting my butt and they told me they weren't doing raises therefor I left. Other employees would call out or just not show up and I would constantly pick up their slack and got no respect.
Pros
Good money, lots of hours available, ice-cream is good
Cons
Management (owner)
Ben and Jerry’s
Scooper/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAMay 29, 2018
Some days at Ben and Jerry’s were good. Some were bad. During the summer it gets stressful becuase of the lines, and it is hectic behind the line, on rainy days it’s slow and boring. There’s never really an inbetween. The managers are harsh and not very lenient, but the coworkers are nice people and good people. The policies at Ben and Jerry’s are strict, and if you like it like that then I’d suggest to work there
Pros
50% off
Cons
Short breaks