Ben E. Keith Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work at if u have kids
Acct (Former Employee) –  North Little RockOctober 29, 2018
They have their favorites even if you work ur butt off. If you don’t kiss their butt and u stand ur ground ur out. The benefits are horrible. You pay more and get hirrible benefits.
Fast pace
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 23, 2018
I love the fast pace and hard work ,but it was very competitive and the salary was great and management was okay I feel they could have ran the operation little bit better.
Accounts Receivable
Account Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Working at Ben E Keith was one of my best experiences. The team I worked with were always willing to help and they were very professional, My day at Ben E Keith started walking in the door and greeting everyone. The most amazing part was with the General Manager would walk in and tell everyone Good morning. If you were a new employee he would call you to his office and have a conversation with you to get to know you better.
Productive Work Place
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXSeptember 19, 2018
The days were fast paced. I learned the process of moving back stock to the shelves. My manager was entirely understanding of the many days off i had to take off. Nothing about the job was difficult. I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with everone I saw daily.
Unequal opportunity employment
Management Trainee/Dock Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 16, 2018
It's not a fair company. It's about if management likes you whether you move up the ranks or not or if you keep a job! After 11yrs of employment and and 1 accident they decided to let me go. Unfair!
find another food company to work for
Manager Marketing (Former Employee) –  Elba, ALSeptember 3, 2018
90 days meet your sales plan even if you don;t currently have even one customer or your out the door. Good company to work for in other markets but not the elba office .
Ok place
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2018
It is not a bad place to be but there are some things that could change to make things better on drivers. Also, it would be a good idea if you were appreciated.
I worked the graveyard shift
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 10, 2018
It has been a really long time since I have worked here but I enjoyed my time as an employee there. It was a fast paced job but at the time they paid incentive pay so it was worth it because the faster you worked the more you got paid.
Pros
Good pay, manager cared about his crew
Cons
Odd hours
Dont apply for Nights!!!
Former order selector (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2018
If you want to work nights i feel sorry for you. They will try to brain wash you by telling you its the best company of all time. The night management dont care about you. If you Call IN they will make your life suck. They dont believe you have any excuse to call in, your kids can be dying but they expect for you to come in anyways. I've never been with a company like that in my life
The day shift is the best to work. But there fully staff. But nights never staff. Im a former order selector at night's i had a bad experience working there because of bad in rude management. Every time someone quits they say because they cant handle the work believe me its very easy i just dont like to be under bad management. I know what goes down in that warehouse believe me dont work with that team of management. Your welcome.
loved my job
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 2, 2018
Make face to face with current customers and call on new business to increase sales and growth profit. the hardest part of the job is time management. I enjoyed the ability to work remotely and only have to go to the warehouse when I need to solve a problem. (hot shot products)
Pros
work remotely
Decent pay
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 16, 2016
Decent pay for the labor. Decent benefits. Could use better Management who treats employees with respect. Great work schedule leaves time for the family. The company besides a few bad managers is a good company.
I was the account manager/salesman for Budweiser and managed around 30-35 accounts.
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 18, 2016
I got to work at 6am everyday and worked monday through friday, unless it was a weekend that we had a special event like a NASCAR race. In that case i would have to check on my accounts throughout te weekend to ensure they had plenty of product to sell to there customers. The management was all pretty nice. We had a warehouse manager that was pretty rude, but we didn't pay much attention to him. Working for the king of beers was a very fun job. You ruled every store, because you sold so much more product than any other company. I worked from six to four in the afternoon. It was a schedule that you got very use to quick. I already had plenty of experience since I had worked for Miller Lite before. I didnt have to learn much.
Pros
Had a schedule that was monday thur friday
Cons
there wasn't any really. all you had to do was take care of your accounts
Some what okay
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 5, 2016
The job is great the people are great is just management the ones that make your life impossible.

They do not know what they are doing they hire lazy people and expect you to make miracles of them.
Every week you get new people. You can make serious money there employes are nice most of them. But at the end of the day you get yelled at for no reason the managers think they know everything but when a boss from morning shift arrives they are peeing in their pants
Pros
Okay pay, good peoole in the company hard working
You earn every penny
Route Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 18, 2016
I worked for Ben E Keith as a Driver for 6 months.
Pros-
Good Pay
Dont need CDL experience to start driving
Thats it

Cons-
Extremely hard work

Routes are ALWAYS changing and you never know where you will be

Trucks are a joke ( i would say at minimum 50% wouldn't pass DOT inspection and there isnt assigned truck so most are nasty and just full of trash)

Management is ok but instead of trying to inspire their drivers they bring a decent amount of negativity and do not keep their promises

ALSO IF MANAGEMENT EVER PROMISES YOU ANYTHING GET IT IN WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lots of hours no time for anything else
Order Puller/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 5, 2016
I promise you will make ok money but your back will be hurting everyday even on days off. The long hours are a pain every worker for himself. The veterans wait to get the good pulls while new guys get the ugly pulls. Do not work there if you have high blood pressure because you will be aggravated mostly everyday. Management will not look out for you if your sick you will not be sent home even if vomiting everwhere. Beware.
Pros
Ok money
Cons
Long hours and overtime pay is worthless no life management a pain
If you dont have a life go for it
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 19, 2016
It can be a good place to work if your single with no kids. Don't plan on having a life if you work there. Half of the machines don't work and supposedly some employees have their own machine that they always use so good luck finding a descent one. Training is horrible, your supposed to get trained by an employee who knows what they are doing but they just walk around the warehouse while your breaking your head trying to stack, you only get one 15 min paid break and a 30 min unpaid lunch. It does pay well and has great benefits but think about what your giving up if you work there. It's work,sleep,shower, eat repeat
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Long hours short short breaks, no personal life
Wasn't managed properly.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXAugust 18, 2016
Good job if you wanna work a ton of hours. No time to spend with the family on holidays unless your higher up in the company which I find dumb. But they treated me good.
Decent company to work for
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2016
They allow lots of over time. Pay is decent. Lots of hours. Coworkers and management are decent as well. Be ready to put in hard work and its hot in the warehouse.
fun work place
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2016
Guys just working hard and talking trash having fun making the day go by. Good men working together as a team to get the job done.
Hard steady work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 6, 2016
Be prepared to work as if u are not human. Working here I found myself in such a hurry not only at work but in my personal life as well. There is not time to do anything but race the clock all day. Other then that the supervisors are great and will take care of u because they know your out there knocking it out for the company. Insurance is ok not to sure about the retirement was not explained well. I like the people at Ben e Keith and they are always updating their equipment I just don't like to work like a robot.
Pros
Never ending work decent pay and people
Cons
Long hours and handling case after case all day 5-6 days a week 12-16 hours a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ben E. Keith. Our community is ready to answer.