Bench Craft Company Employee Reviews

Productive work place, great people.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORAugust 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working in this upbeat facility! The people are nice and help you out when needed. I would say that benchcraft company is more of a family then a work environment.
terrible place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 6, 2018
Zero job security, poor communication between management and sales reps. Reps were getting fired after less than a week in stead of being trained properly
Worst training
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 6, 2018
There's no training at this job they just hand you a script and tell you to use Google. They act like its no big deal if you don't get a sale at first but they don't say that you will be let go if you don't have a sale by the end of the third day. The trainer doesn't even give suggestions on how to do better.
Pros
Monday through friday
Cons
Shady management
I made 110k my 2nd year! Freedom to produce your own production. High energy. Great pay. Awesome people!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 29, 2018
I bought my first car and house working at Bench Craft. I made 110k my second year in sales. I love the freedom you have to produce your own production and sales. They pay very well. If you work hard and push yourself you WILL make great money. Atmosphere is awesome and the energy is electric. In my opinion it's the best cold call you can make. I mean... It's Golf! If you do get the job....SELL HARD!
Dont work there
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2018
Little guidance- must be self starter
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 20, 2018
You'll be given a phone and a script and told to start dialing. There is little training or guidance from the manager- you'll figure things out as you go. As someone with sales experience in similar companies, this was fine, but would be difficult for someone new to sales.
Pros
No micromanaging, consistent paycheck
Cons
Little support/training
Hard to describe
Sales (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 16, 2018
How do you answer 'would you recommend this job to a friend' when you know that your friends wouldn't cut it here? It's a cut throat environment and takes a certain type of personality to a. fit in and b. thrive in it.

I started at Bench Craft last spring and haven't looked back. Some of the horror stories are true (working late, managers yelling, high stress, higher expectations) but so are the perks (getting out early, high pay, cash). If you can sell on the phone and get a credit card quickly within one maybe 2 conversations then you can make it here.

I've more than doubled my salary since starting not even counting grabs/bonuses/extra money we get for doing our jobs. Sometimes other positions open up in recruiting or booking and they always look to sales to fill those roles so there's potential to move up in the company.
Pros
High salary, early release, relaxed dress
Cons
High pressure, late nights
Idk about this place..
Cold sales (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 6, 2018
Never took the job but they always seem desperate. TAke that into consideration if you apply. They consistently have to change their indeed post just to trick ppl into coming in. Caution!!
Pros
The hours I guess
Cons
Heard nobody has job security
Please run fast away from this job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2018
What can i say about this job. You get paid to scam small business out of their money. I had the wool over my eyes for a few years. No time off no vacation days. If you want to get talk to like dirt by someone 2000 miles away this is the job for you. If you on heavy drugs and like to beat your wife this is the job for you. If you are a scam artist this is the job for you. I had to check myself. I am not into scamming people. Best of Luck!!
Pros
1 hour lunch, if you have a sell.
Cons
no sell for 2 days find a new job
Fun people, tough job.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 31, 2018
This is cold calling sales, so it's tough especially if you aren't used to the expectations (on the phone all day, closing multiple deals a day). If you know what you're coming into, this is a good place to be. High pay, frequent raises, and laid back atmosphere. Recruiters say it's 'business casual' but jeans and a polo are the uniform here.

Bench Craft focuses on working hard and having fun-- theres an open bar after work to unwind and hang out at, but you should only go if you're selling. They do sales contests, there is so much cash thrown around. You can easily walk out of work with $100+ cash in your pocket.

The downsides are that it's a grind-- it is cold calling with ZERO leads provided and no auto dialer. They are strict on schedule- no flexibility to work from home or be in late/leave early. You do get out early or on time most days if you're selling and the office does well, but if it doesn't you sometimes work later too. It balances out.

There's a lot of stuff on the internet about the company but I haven't found much of it to be true. I've watched the product be designed and shipped out, I've seen people (and myself) get raises and cash. It's tough when customers bring up reviews but it's part of the job.
Pros
No weekends, fun staff, open bar, high pay
Cons
No schedule flexibility, cold calling
fun workplace
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountain, MSJanuary 25, 2018
Sewed arms, backs, flat work, cushions, outside backs, gathered backs, two needled, victor bagging, welted, repaired work when need, cut pieces of repair ,
Pros
good work environment
Cons
short breaks
run away as fast as you can
Advertising Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2018
Terrible place to work. They bring you in with a lot of promises because they know you won't last 90 days, 99% of hires don't. Once you've made it they will call you and scream at you if you are having a bad day, somehow thinking that this motivates you. After a year you get 1 week of paid vacation, 2 weeks after 2 years, and 3 weeks after 3 years. But good luck taking it because if you do and don't hit your monthly quota they will punish you with a pay cut or termination. Oh and by the time you've made it past three years you are incoherent and incapable of listening to what anyone else says to you in conversation because you've taken many years of abuse and negativity from a company that does not care about your work-life balance or quality of life. Run away as fast as you can. They will threaten you on a day to day basis whether it be pay cuts or job security even if you are their highest sales rep. I've seen it happen to great people.
Pros
an hour lunch break, but if the daily numbers are down get ready to take a beating for not working through your break
Cons
all of it
Good money but bad business model
Sales/ Project manager (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 13, 2017
Great co workers, great money but..... any moment you will lose your job. They set up the new people for failure. Once you get over the set up for failure curve you have some sort of job security. Don't leave your steady job to come to this job.
Pros
Good money, great atmosphere
Cons
you work there from a week to a month and expect to get a call from corporate saying your fired.
challenging
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 18, 2017
im proud being a part of that company because that company have the great management i work for very responsible for their workers and a lot if benefits
Pros
Cons
breaks
Inside Sales office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 13, 2017
Fantastic compensation, however as an hourly employee even if you stay past 5 or come in early to do work, you DO NOT get paid for it. Management is rough seen as how its based from out of state.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Absolutely no overtime or compensation for extra hours worked
Stressful work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 26, 2017
Very stressful work place.
Very demanding and must sell on a daily basis.
Management was good but Higher up is where the heat
came from. Verbally and mentally.
Pros
Great pay when you sell
Cons
Long hours, Must produce
High Pressure
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAMay 17, 2017
Good job if you're good under pressure and can truly sell. If you can't sell don't expect to stay long. Money was good got daily spiffs and i could sell so it was a good job just high pressure.
Pros
Spiffs
Cons
High pressure
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 9, 2017
I worked in sales at Bench craft. Over all, this is a good job if your able to sell. If not, they'll tell you quickly that it will not work.
Positives: starting pay is good and you get money for each sale you do. Once you hit 'your number' for the month, you get a bonus check and usualyl a raise. Management is approachable and hands-on in the sales department. Bench craft has a fun atmosphere and theres a lot of joking around between deals.
Bad: If the number hasn't been hit you have to stay late to try to get to it. Not unusual in sales, but they advertise it as no overtime. Sometimes there is overtime but also sometimes you get out early so it balances out. Job security isnt great if you cant sell. But if you can sell you will stay around and make good money.
Pros
High pay, fun enivornment, fun co workers
Cons
High pressure
Great company, good pay and perks!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 20, 2017
I had absolutely no sales experience before I started working here. I was honest in the interview and told the recruiter that all my experience was in the construction field. He assured me that their paid training program would help me hone my skills as long as I brought my personality and work ethic. I have only worked here for a couple months but have already hit my first sales goal which produced me a HUGE raise and all the daily cash I got too! The other reviews must be people who couldn't sell with the wrong attitude. I'm writing this in particular because this is a great company to work and would highly recommend working here if you want to make good money and have career growth potential.
Pros
Pay, cash incentives, cash contests, free box suites at the Moda, set schedule M-F
Fast paced and rewarding sales job
former sales rep (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 9, 2017
I would highly recommend this position who enjoys the thrill of a fast paced sale and likes working for a company that is well-established and who helps more than 50,000 small businesses grow and get more exposure. The company has a great pay structure where one can really control their own income. The free box suites at the Moda center along with company sponsored events are nice perks too. The cash daily incentives are also a nice daily motivator!!!
Pros
Company culture, great pay, room for growth, set hours
Cons
pressure just like any other sales position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bench Craft Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.8Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss