Benchcraft Company Employee Reviews

great place
saw operator (Former Employee) –  Ripley, MSJuly 6, 2018
it was a great place to work while i was there the company treats there workers with respect and loyalty only thin while the company was around which they are closed now air conditioning would have been better
Pennywise in the Gutter!!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 22, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE unless you love the thought of starring at Pennywise in the gutter!! This was the worst job I've ever worked. Management was on your back like a bad case of acne. You are literally making 100-200 calls a day to folks who avoid your call like the plague. The only thing good about the job is the hour lunch and you can escape the madness on the weekends. Other than that, it sucks!!! They also have a great parting gift for you...if you do not make a sale in a week, you are fired. They don't tell you that but I figured it out before the final bell. I watched several new hires quit after the first 4 hours....go to lunch and don't come back.

DON'T DO IT!!!! RUN THE OTHER WAY!
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Everything else
Great people
Sales marketing advertising (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 22, 2018
Loved working with the team to meet goals and competitive money making opportunities as well as hour lunch and Fridays u may get to leave early fast pace phone sales business to business
Pros
Great
Cons
Do not work here! Absolutely awful
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 13, 2018
Horrible place to work. Supervisor just micromanages you all day and you do nothing but call store owners all day who do not want to talk to you. You sell scam products all day. You spend half a day reading a script(so called training) and get right to phones. The company does not care about you and the HR guy makes it seem like you can make so much money when it’s all a scam. Please do better for yourself and do not work here.
Pros
Absolutely nothing.
Cons
Supervisor, company is terrible, scam.
Absolutely hated it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 5, 2018
First of all if you don’t want to work a sales job when you’re on the phone literally all day then DO NOT do it. I absolutely hated it. The interview on the phone and at the office was a great interview with nice people. Other than that the job literally sucks and I DONT recommend it!!! Also if you don’t make the quota the first week they WILL fire you. Oh and btw they never bother to tell you that there’s a quota...
Pros
An hour off for lunch, great pay
Cons
You’re on the phone ALL DAY long
DO. OT WORK HERE!!! The worst place ever!!
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORMarch 2, 2018
by far the worst job ever! No training whatsoever! They throw you on the phone first day and expect you to sell the scam of a product! 1st week or bye
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything would never work here again!
Cut-Throat & Bad Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORMarch 2, 2018
Working for Bench Craft will only waste your time. If you don’t make a sale in the first week, you’re fired. Apparently there’s no sick days as well (in the contract it says you get sick days), because I got the stomach flu, they fired me. Every day I would come in and there would be someone else missing for no reason. They don’t have a call list either, so you’re basically calling the same businesses as the last person that was sitting in the same chair 2 weeks ago. Customers have also been scammed by Bench Craft, taking thousands of dollars and promising advertisement which never happens. I would not recommend this company, the managers talk it up like there’s room for advancement when clearly they fire everyone they hire after the first week. They don’t help or train you to improve, so you’re basically on your own. If you’re looking for an actual career, DONT START HERE.
Pros
45 min lunches
Cons
Bad Management, No Advancement, Cut - Throat, Fast Paced
Great
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountain, MSFebruary 27, 2018
They clossd down in 2008 and it was bittersweet my husband and i both worked there for many years and we liked it but it effected the whole county when it shut down
Absolute Misery
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 27, 2018
Horrible Management that had no intent on training you. They set impossible numbers to meet and have no problem just replacing you. All they care about is number and not their employees
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Everything else
It was a good job. I liked it but it really wasn't for me. Competitive sales floor and good pay but didn't cut it for me.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 27, 2018
It was a 40-45 hour work week including cold calling all day. I was assigned a new golf course somewhere in the U.S. once a week on average. I had to reach out to local businesses to see if they would like to pay for an advertisement spot at the golf course that I was contracted to work with.
Pros
Got to talk to a lot of really nice people
Cons
One break per day. Cold calling all day as well.
Fun work enviroment, great managment, excellent co-workers.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2018
This company is a great place to work at, fast paced run work environment. Excellent managment and great coworkers. Fair pay and benefits. Branch manager was a good trainer, has patience and works with you. One hour lunch and two breaks was given for maximum relief. Great company.
Pros
Comoany outings.
Cons
pressure on sales
Waste of time and energy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 6, 2018
I was so excited to start this job. I then found that they throw you on the phone trying to sell to golf courses. If you don't sell the very week you start your fired. They all drink on the job not to mention don't plan on taking lunch or leaving on time. Save yourself the stress
Cons
Everyone
Do you love misery? Then this is the job for you.
Sales (Former Employee) –  A placeDecember 4, 2017
Horrible managers. Horrible useless product.
Obscenities and other nonsense being screamed while you are on the phone with a potential customer. It's like working in Glengary GlennRoss or Wall Street.
Stay far away from this place unless you love Ya Dudes. Also, don't apply if you are a woman.
Pros
You get paid.
Cons
Working for this company
"Just find two idiots a day..."
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 6, 2017
I suggest you look on yelp for their reviews before you even apply. They have the highest turnover rate I have ever seen. They'll threaten your job if you don't sell enough. I left because they had me lying to small business owners about what the product was. The manager told me to "find two idiots a day".
Horrible company to work for.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 6, 2017
When you are hired you are given a computer that barely functions and is riddled with viruses. Asked to fix it and work on your daily task. To outbound call prospective leads that have been called over and over for months . Your challenges to cultivate leads out of lists that have been overworked. At the end of the week your fired. It was a terrible experience. Move on...
Cons
Nothing favorable
the worst
inside sales (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 25, 2017
do your self a favor and do not work for these thieves. They con you in on BS commissions and bonus's. They expect you to never take lunch and work over time with no extra pay.
High pressure, no BS
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 6, 2017
This job is very challenging. Very high risk. If you don't make your sales, you don't have a job. You could have a bad day at work and lose your job as a result. Call out sick, you will get fired. There is no guarantee that you will show up and still have your desk. Management is very hard on employees. Yelling and swearing at employees is not off-limits. High pressure, business to business sales, no mercy. You cannot have empathy in this job. You cannot have feelings. You cannot be human. You are a machine to make them money. Period.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
Great benefits, terrible structure
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 29, 2016
Though co-workers and work environment is positive, the insecurity in the way this company is structured make it an Elitist environment where the "Good ol' Boys" make a ton of money but the average worker sits on the bottom of the food chain eating scraps. I believe it is a great concept, but the average individual would struggle to really succeed here even though it is very possible.
Pros
Great benefits (not including the mediocre/overpriced insurance package)
Cons
Job Instability (one bad week and it can all go down the drain)
Good Benefits
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 6, 2016
You must work very hard, but the chance at a great income is available. You must be a self starter and self motivated. The hours are excellent. As soon as the office makes their goal you are out of there.
Micro managed and pressure on reps
Sales/Sales Management (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 21, 2015
Prospect leads and cold call nationwide mostly, some face to face to promote golf local golf course and sell advertising on the golf courses.
I learned that it's not just a numbers game but it's about the better you hone your craft and the more positive and confident you stay through out the day along with good call back notes and orginization.
At the corporate level management is heartless and manipulative, at the satellite offices management is some of best people you will meet.
My co-workers in my office are Wonderful , 4 of them have been here over 4 years with me. I love there ideas and enthusiasm, we help each other with sales and customer service.
The hardest part of the job is getting employee's to stay focused when times are great and then making 300 contacts a day when times are tough.
Training a sales reps and then seeing them make more money then they have ever made, and lives improving because of it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No real job security unless you perform at or above there much to highly set goals.