Benchmark Hospitality Employee Reviews

Pay was subpar
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2018
Similar roles in the area had a much higher rate of pay and that prevented the company from hiring people at an adequate rate. The turnover was high and because of the low base wages we were constantly understaffed.
it is a very good place to work.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZNovember 28, 2018
Working at Benchmark is a very cool experience. I would highly recommend working there, they are a little rough around the edges but once you get to know everyone they treat you like family.
Best Hospitality Group To Work For
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 6, 2018
Benchmark is the best and they truly care for their employees. No other hospitality group can ever come close to matching what Benchmark benefits offers.
Pros
Free parking, free lunch, PTO accrual days, paid holidays, employee room discounts
Cons
Not enough properties in Tennessee
The Tennessean Hotel
Duty Engineer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 3, 2018
I would never recommend anyone work there. There is huge turnover with employees and after working there I can understand why. The hotel manager is as clueless as they come. The engineering department is overstaffed and even if you do everything that is expected of you and look for more work to do, management will still give you a hard time for not going above and beyond. You can't pull work out of thin air especially when the hotel is nearly at capacity but they don't seem to grasp that. They feed you lunch and dinner, but its mostly scraps, honestly the worst food I've ever had. The final straw for me was after I was reprimanded for taking off days that were approved by them. I felt like from the day I started they were looking for any reason to make sure I wouldn't last. It's like they enjoy the turnover so they don't have to give raises.
Pros
Discount at Planet Fitness
Cons
Pay, benefits, management, high turnover
Not so great management
Line Leader & banquite cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2018
I worked there for several years. although my coworkers were amazing and the benefits were great, I felt that as time went by management wasn't exceeding expectation and so the management team and I didn't see eye to eye towards the end.
They pick and chose who they like to be supervisors even if their not qualified.
Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXOctober 28, 2018
It was a great place to work until they advance a person not from facilities but from a different department and other facilities employee tried for the same position and was qualified and did not get the position this person is not qualified for this position and got the postion by getting help through the interveiw, we all did'nt understand it but favortisim played a big part. Management will not listen to whats going on and even the HR. If the CEO only knew about this he would have stop the unfairness.
Pros
free lunch, uniforms
Enjoyed working at Benchmark Hospitality
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 22, 2018
Answering phones and getting them to the right department.

How to be a good receptionist.

Upbeat.

Excellent management.

Hardest part of the job was leaving due to relocation of my husband's work.

Enjoyed the job as it was family oriented and we were well treated.
Pros
Upbeat place to work.
Cons
No cons.
A company very focused on treating their employees well.
GUEST SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIOctober 18, 2018
Many great benefits, many great people, pleasant learning environment, focus on employees and their engagement, good work life balance, and lots of different opportunities.
Pros
Free lunches, free parking, paid holidays
Great Place to work, with a solid Culture
Laundry and Uniform Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXAugust 27, 2018
Benchmark has a great and solid culture. I have come to love and respect. I believe Benchmark has the right concept of hospitality and what it really means.
Pros
Discounts, free meals, career development
Cons
Benchmark manages hotels, does not own them.
Do not apply unless you are desperate
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLAugust 9, 2018
Horrible management
Not enough fd staff
If you got hired for one position, they make you work 10,000 other positions that you did not apply
You can't even use the hotel discounts because they only have one 1 property that's always booked.
Gm doesn't talk to anyone
Poor training (none at all)
Stressful atmosphere
You'll have no life
Do not apply there are other jobs out there...

Want to know more about Benchmark Hospitality?

Ask a question
Positive and productive work place with excellent teamwork
server (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 7, 2018
Productive work place with customers that have positive outlook in general. Wonderful team work within benchmark and with Lockheed headquarters staff and management. Helpful training and information provided regularly. Pleasant environment to work in.
Human resources personnel accommodate all employees nicely. They respond to employees needs promptly. They make it easy for individual employees to understand health and others benefits as well as help solve issues.

I am personally looking for a job with the department of motor vehicles in Maryland. My desire is to help facilitate drivers license acquisition. I would like to work using computers while providing excellent customer service.
Pros
Free meals, good health and other benefits
Bechmark
SERVER/BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 6, 2018
Working to a private conference center would be fun but not for a long term. It was nice meeting new people and be around with profesional guest. You can learn and they can also learn something from you.
A place one can advance
GUEST SERVICES AGENT (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXJuly 31, 2018
Benchmark is a great place if you want to grow in your career. The culture is very family based and everyone is always willing to help each other. The management teams put a lot of thought into job-person fit in the hiring process, and makes sure the right person gets placed into the right position.
Pros
Lunch provided, discounts, and 401k reimbursement policy.
Benchmark is family friendly oriented.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 14, 2018
After experiencing a different hotel mamagement company I am certain Benchmark Hospitality is the superior management company on all aspects. Benchmark is focused on family and the casual luxury experience.
Pros
Advancement within the company.
Cons
Smaller company for property renovations financially. Big projects take longer.
Fast passed high expectations
caterer (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXJune 10, 2018
Sometimes free meals were included. The meals were of the highest quality food available. The meats were some of the best mouthwatering cuts. Some of the cakes had real gold dust in the icing. You have to wear uniforms. If you work part-time you don't get a locker. If you work full-time you get a locker. Full time has excellent benefits. Part-time they are flexible with your hours so good for college students.
Pros
extremely safe location, positive atmosphere, quality food
Cons
fast passed, perfection is always expected
Fun place to work depending on department
Conference Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXMay 22, 2018
Management is a serious problem here much like many other places, but it does tend to be only a select few departments. The co workers are the best part of this job hands down, everyone has a smile and a friendly greeting. Favoritism is a huge part of how this company is run, being in the hospitality business degrees aren't of great importance, it is all about how you interact with others and if the powers that be like you or not since education and experience isn't that important.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Management, Extreme favoritism
Could be great/ only good for certain departments
Employee (Former Employee) –  The Ridge NJApril 29, 2018
Can be a great place to work. Management needs a major lift. Some managers take advantage of staff and get away with so much. A lot of harassment from certain management members and no one does anything. Overall regular hourly associates are nice to work with. I would recommend this place for people who want a job not a career. No chance of moving up.
Pros
Free lunch, nice employees
Cons
Poor management, horrible communication
Unrealistic Expectations
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousApril 18, 2018
This management company has some serious issues with its top management and their expectations of property management. Managers continually break themselves to try and reach the goals and objectives of the management company, only to be told they are not succeeding. It's a really difficult company to work for and to succeed at and they are not helping their reputation and they are definitely NOT a place I would recommend to my connections and industry. And don't you dare try to correct them on anything! They take it personally and I've seen heads roll because an employee tried to correct the policies and procedures that were not compliant. God forbid you actually know what you are talking about and the management company thinks you are wrong, they just chalk it up to you not understanding something when really, they just do what they want and don't understand the repercussions of their decisions.
Pros
The CEO is actually a really awesome person
Cons
Healthcare Cost, Work-Life Balance, Unethical, Poor top management, Top management is NOT knowledgeable
Great Place to work.. if you're not ambitious
Would rather not say (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2018
Great place to work if you want to do the same thing for the rest of your life and have zero ambition.
Otherwise great people, great company, competitive benefits.
Pros
great work life balace
Cons
peers have no ambition
People are cheerful and helpfull.
Housekeeper, Maid (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXMarch 23, 2018
The hotel in Westlake has a great atmosphere and culture! Lots of supportive co-workers and managers working together each day. I really like getting up and going to work everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benchmark Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight