Benchmark Hospitality Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Benchmark is family friendly oriented.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 14, 2018
After experiencing a different hotel mamagement company I am certain Benchmark Hospitality is the superior management company on all aspects. Benchmark is focused on family and the casual luxury experience.
Pros
Advancement within the company.
Cons
Smaller company for property renovations financially. Big projects take longer.
Fast passed high expectations
caterer (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXJune 10, 2018
Sometimes free meals were included. The meals were of the highest quality food available. The meats were some of the best mouthwatering cuts. Some of the cakes had real gold dust in the icing. You have to wear uniforms. If you work part-time you don't get a locker. If you work full-time you get a locker. Full time has excellent benefits. Part-time they are flexible with your hours so good for college students.
Pros
extremely safe location, positive atmosphere, quality food
Cons
fast passed, perfection is always expected
Fun place to work depending on department
Conference Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXMay 22, 2018
Management is a serious problem here much like many other places, but it does tend to be only a select few departments. The co workers are the best part of this job hands down, everyone has a smile and a friendly greeting. Favoritism is a huge part of how this company is run, being in the hospitality business degrees aren't of great importance, it is all about how you interact with others and if the powers that be like you or not since education and experience isn't that important.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Management, Extreme favoritism
Could be great/ only good for certain departments
Employee (Former Employee) –  The Ridge NJApril 29, 2018
Can be a great place to work. Management needs a major lift. Some managers take advantage of staff and get away with so much. A lot of harassment from certain management members and no one does anything. Overall regular hourly associates are nice to work with. I would recommend this place for people who want a job not a career. No chance of moving up.
Pros
Free lunch, nice employees
Cons
Poor management, horrible communication
Unrealistic Expectations
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousApril 18, 2018
This management company has some serious issues with its top management and their expectations of property management. Managers continually break themselves to try and reach the goals and objectives of the management company, only to be told they are not succeeding. It's a really difficult company to work for and to succeed at and they are not helping their reputation and they are definitely NOT a place I would recommend to my connections and industry. And don't you dare try to correct them on anything! They take it personally and I've seen heads roll because an employee tried to correct the policies and procedures that were not compliant. God forbid you actually know what you are talking about and the management company thinks you are wrong, they just chalk it up to you not understanding something when really, they just do what they want and don't understand the repercussions of their decisions.
Pros
The CEO is actually a really awesome person
Cons
Healthcare Cost, Work-Life Balance, Unethical, Poor top management, Top management is NOT knowledgeable
Great Place to work.. if you're not ambitious
Would rather not say (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2018
Great place to work if you want to do the same thing for the rest of your life and have zero ambition.
Otherwise great people, great company, competitive benefits.
Pros
great work life balace
Cons
peers have no ambition
People are cheerful and helpfull.
Housekeeper, Maid (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXMarch 23, 2018
The hotel in Westlake has a great atmosphere and culture! Lots of supportive co-workers and managers working together each day. I really like getting up and going to work everyday.
Good work experience
Busser/Server (Current Employee) –  Weston, WVFebruary 19, 2018
Everyone is easy to get a long with and the work conditions are good. Management is flexible. The work place is clean and the majority of my co workers were easy to get along with.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great atmosphere, Free use of facilities
A work day
Assistant Golf Professional (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32836February 13, 2018
The days here are never the same. We learn how to be patient and multitask on daily basics. You might run into a former President or a Hall of Famer football player and a High School teacher, in which you show the same level of respect. That is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Meeting people of the world
Cons
Lack of cummunication
Fast paced. Over-worked. Few days off.
Public Space Attendant (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXFebruary 8, 2018
A typical day is fast paced, and rushed. Poor management. Worked most weekends, few days off. A lot of overtime, if you want it. Little family time at home. Meet all kinds of people, roll out the red carpet! But, you are over-worked.
Pros
Benefits. Free lunch in cafeteria. Meeting people.
Cons
Over-work employees. Working most weekends. Few days off. No family time. High expectations.
Management harasses and intimidates
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Jackson Hole, WYJanuary 19, 2018
There is a revolving door on this place for a reason. All positions have been replaced many times recently except for a few in management and that is exactly where the problem lies. Intimidation and harassment is normal here. Management egos are the most important, followed by maybe the guest and lower than that, the employee. The daily meeting is called the daily beating for example. Owner's assets are used for managements personal use. A terrible place to work, especially if you are a woman.
Great place to work, flexable and accomodating always makeing the employees feel supported
Supervisor of Meeting Engineer Team (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2018
The work and the people make this place an enjoyable experience. Everyone helps and provides support A true team environment.
The management team is always looking out for their employees.
Pros
flexible
Nice Property
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 9, 2018
Great place to stay and work...great leadership! Nice restaurant options as had different Dinner buffets for each day of the week as well as nice a la carte options!
Educational and enjoyable place to work
Front Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXJanuary 7, 2018
A day of work with Benchmark Hospitality is fast-paced and required constant concentration. It also involved close quarters with clients and guests of the company Deloitte. My location acted as a private corporate hotel for this auditing company.
It required an understanding and constant dialogue between those involved in the team of the front desk. We were the first people that the clients and guests came in contact with, as well as the last people that they would see and need help from as they left.
I learned how to speak to as well as guide large groups of people from a number of visiting companies through their stay at the hotel.
I was responsible for numerous deliveries and the handling of valuable possessions of the guests as well.
I thoroughly enjoyed the face time with the clients and the chance to be on my feet and doing all that I could to make their guest experience as good as it could be.
Pros
Free Lunches, involved management
Innovative, Collaborative, Supportive
SENIOR CONFERENCE SERVICES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Excellent Company to work for with great management, career advancement and leadership development. Top notch company focused on the experience of their guests not just a profit!
Good corporate culture and solid hospitality company
BANQUET MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2018
I have nothing bad to say about benchmark. They fly under the radar but if you have the chance to work at one of their properties You will be appreciated and cared for.
Can be a Good place to work
Facilities Engineer Tech ll- Mechanical (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXDecember 11, 2017
This can be a great place to work depends on management. They was perfection and they push it strongly. If you are good with details then you will be fine.
Pros
Free Lunch
Amazing family-oriented work enviornment
Conference Concierge (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXDecember 2, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Benchmark Hospitality. Unfortunately, I had other plans for my future so I decided to leave. I encourage anyone thinking about applying here to go for it.
Great Company to start your Hospitality Career
Conference Concierge (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, VANovember 8, 2017
A lot of great oppertunites that can open the door to any Hospitality position that one may be seeking. Can move up quickly if you prove yourself. Also you can relocate if your situation allows you to do so..
Family Style work environment with a passion for perfection and work/life balance.
Restaurant Supervisor and HR Facilitator Trainer (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXOctober 28, 2017
Family Style work environment. All employees and management are treated fairly with compassion and encouragement to grow. Benchmark is all about making the difference for our guests, clients, employees, and owners by giving memorable experiences that enrich the lives of all.

Here with Benchmark, we strive for excellence in everything we do. We work as one unit with a common goal. I have learned that there is not one brick on any of the Benchmark properties that has any value over any of it's employees.

The hardest part of any day can be fixed when we all work as a team. Perfection in everything we do means hard work, but when we work as a team, anything is possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benchmark Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight