Benchmark Human Services Employee Reviews

Enjoyment of working with the mentally clients
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Ellaville, GASeptember 12, 2018
I enjoy my time working at Benchmark. The job was challenging at times but overall it was a great experience. The management was easy to work for and understood everyday problems people have in their life.
Pros
Trips wih the clients to Walmart etc.
Cons
When a new client is admitted who has been off their medicine.
Challenging and fulfilling
Assistant Director/Behavior Clinician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 30, 2018
Working with the clients was a joy and very rewarding both personally and professionally. Hours were long and at times overwhelming due to staff shortages common in this field.
Benchmark
Case Manager // Hillsborough Township, NJ (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJAugust 15, 2018
Benchmark is a great company to work for. The staff is great. The benefits are great. You learn a lot when you work for this company. The benefits are
Pros
Yes free lunches
Cons
No holiday pay
Terrible place to work!
direct support professional (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAAugust 13, 2018
As a former employee at bench mark, I wouldn't recommend any one to work there! The kids are violent! I have scars to verify it! Management is very unprofessional, and they will throw you under the bus when issues occurs! I didn't get paid for my overtime,unorganized,unprofessional, no holiday pay, no week end differential pay! It is a poor company to work for!They don't support people with disabilities! I do have a disability , and I received no respect at all!Staff don't work as a team! The Staff and supervisor is very unprofessionall and incompetent!
Pros
Cons
poor management, onorganized, no holiday pay
Absolutely Loved this job!!!!! BUT, new director.......not so much!!
Mobile Crisis DSP (Former Employee) –  Kathleen, GAAugust 8, 2018
However, In the Kathleen/Ft Valley area, in which I just recently resigned from, after seven long years, alot of hours, loving every aspect of my job, including the people I worked with and for, and the consumers we served, after the past two years, under a new director, it did become quite ridiculous! You will get written up for no reason, or for a reason that was fault of the director, and if you are to go above her to report anything, you would be suspended and then fired within a short amount of time afterwards. In working many hours with no sleep, and driving quite a distance and not having time to get more than a few hours of sleep in between shifts, in which the director continuously and unfairly fires whole shifts and house staff at once, expected mobile crisis to cover it, when approached about barely making it home on the amount of sleep allowed, director was unconcerned about my own safety, and told me there was nothing they could do, and took me off mobile crisis, forcing me to take a position in the crisis home, making less money, after seven years. Overall, I absolutely loved my job with Benchmark, and hated very much to resign. But, an unprofessional, nasty director, makes it very hard to continue the job. Wish someone would look into the problems in that region. I cried the day I turned in my resignation, so did other co workers that met me at the door upon my leaving. For so long, I really thought that I would retire from this company, even with no pay raises, the job was absolutely rewarding. I would recommend this job and company for any other state  more... or region, other than Region 6 in Georgia at this time. Best of luck to anyone taking the position.  less
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 25, 2018
Overtime available
Stressful at times
Excellent Director
Competitive starting pay with no experience
A lot of good people to work with and for
Opportunity for advancement
Pros
job security
Cons
lots of overtime
Direct Care, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 21, 2018
I love being a team Leader and doing my everyday responsibilities. The hardest part of this job is working alone a lot in a home. It would be a lot easier with more staff
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Working alone alot
fun place to work
Team Leader - Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJJuly 15, 2018
When you have a great team things run smoothly. Each home runs differently depending on the management team. The best part of the job was dealing with the individuals. The hardest part of the job is the staffing; there is not enough staff. Also, developing a routine with you co-worker makes things easier.
Pros
Fun activities for the individuals
Cons
If your relief does not come in your stuck for a second shift
Fun place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 9, 2018
Assistance with ADL cooking meals going out on outing library reading and coloring dancing and singing birthdays movie day Art's and craft going to the zoo.
Not a bad place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Pittsgrove, NJJuly 6, 2018
I never had a bad experience. A typical day at work is giving medications, snacks, preparing meals, hygiene care, community integration, and completing goals and outcomes for individuals.
Great management group
assist children and adults (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 3, 2018
Very good place to work,people is friendly,i like my clients i work with for 11+ years.I recommend anyone work for them.This company is growing and helping individuals with advisability to make different to leaves.
Working at Benchmark Human Services
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 25, 2018
I have been working here for last 7yrs. I work at a residential house so it depends with how many clients you work with. Dealing with different behaviors everyday and learning how to cope in tough situations.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun Work Place.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 18, 2018
Bench Mark is a very nice company to work with, The Staffs are a great team player. I enjoy working for this company and I will recommend anyone that want to work for them.
Day to Day
Assist individuals with neurological behaviors (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 15, 2018
Everyday is different with a need to focus to assist each individual to obtain/ maintain employment, on a personal level of maintaining better individuality, and introducing the individual into society. In orientation the information conformed to persons with neurological behaviors is extensive. Shortly after starting with the company they pay for each employee to obtain their own medication technician license - with reimbursement where necessary.
Pros
overtime is abundent
Cons
no lunch times, holidays are paid straight time, revolving door, car maintenance is not accommodated by the employer - car usage is required.
Benchmark is a gre at place to work
Supported Living Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 12, 2018
Benchmark is a great place to work and grow. I had a great time working with the clients and also the staff. Working for benchmark helped me gain knowledge that I will always us throughout life.
fun and relaxed but a lot of responsibility
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 4, 2018
loved the staff, the clients, and management. they were willing to work with you as you were to work with them. they are flexible but short staffed so they were always needing overtime but was not mandatory.
Pros
relaxed and fun
Cons
no breaks, low pay
Excellent opportunities
External Nurse consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 30, 2018
I just began working as an independent consultant. This is a company that communicates well and supports their consultants. They are dedicated in supporting people with ID
Pros
work remotely at times
management
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 24, 2018
no support from upper management, do not show that they care about their employees as long as shifts are covered, dont care that managers often work 24 hours straight.
Amazing clients
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 21, 2018
It's a great company. I really enjoy working with the clients. As well as handling staff paperwork. The only problem I had with the company was the pay was not good.
Pros
clients are very nice
Cons
low pay, disorganize
Interesting work
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 20, 2018
Supporting individuals with developmental delays and their families through Benchmark was rewarding. The oncall responsibilities allowed the professional staff to respond when clients needed help the most.
Pros
Flexible hours, interesting work, teamwork
Cons
Manager not effective

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benchmark Human Services. Our community is ready to answer.