Benchmark Human Services Employee Reviews

Awful!! No future
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 15, 2018
Terrible place to work . Management is the worst I have ever seen. They do not care about their employees but are only driven by their selves. Its unprofessional and the worst place.
Pros
There are none
Run...Run...Not what it appears
Dsp (Former Employee) –  Kathleen, GANovember 12, 2018
Benchmark has the worst management I have ever worked for. Management comes in the home and does not acknowledge their staff and sometimes doesn't speak to the clients.The house manager play two sides with her staff causing conflict with co-workers. The social worker is unprofessional and unethical. The regional director do not talk to her staff and barely interact with the clients. The regional director needs to be trained on being a leader before anyone follows her she use her personal feelings to dictate a situation. They talk to the clients rudely and gives the clients no options or privacy. There is no room for advancement but they want you to take on new responsibilities without the pay.They do not give raises Ever. You may get an incentive if you are friends with the managers because they find a way to take it from you. There are a few hard workers that actually care and they treat them badly because they are not friends with the house manager or social worker. They bring clients in the home that you are not qualified to take care of and expect you to put your life and health in jeopardy.You do not get breaks you sometimes work 10 to 16 hours a day with no time to rest. The job would be better if management stop throwing their weight around and actually hear what the staff is suggesting that will work and make everyone jobs easier. I would not recommend this job to anyone until management go through a training on how to have a great relationship with their staff.
Pros
Free food/ Dress casual
Cons
No breaks, low wages, no advancements, BAD management
The best workplace
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTNovember 10, 2018
I loved working for Benchmark for many reasons. The director is empowering, a great role model and a mentor. The other staff has a relaxed, collaborative feeling and it's like a little family. Everyone is professional but warm, There are many training opportunities and career advancement is possible. Great compensation benefits and you get to create your own schedule.
N/a
Crisis Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GANovember 7, 2018
I will not recommended this job to anybody. Management is not people oriented. The management is not professional at all. The home is clean. The area is secluded and not enough lightning outside once it gets dark.
I wouldnt refer my friends there
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 2, 2018
the management is not fair at all . We do alot of med passing and are under paid. We are suppose to assist ppl with daily goal and its not happening.We as employees are left in the dark alot of times.
Pros
same
Cons
same
stressful and some good times with clients
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Marion, INSeptember 26, 2018
Supervised clients in their home and on outings. How to have more patients in taking care of them and how to handle problems that come up. Stressful have to be totally on alert while with clients, usually by yourself with 3 or more clients. Talking to and helping clients with their chores and on outings.
Cons
Have to use your on vehicles to transport clients, No breaks, Have to find your on coverage when needing time off.
suppport
Client Finance Coordinator/Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
This job allowed me to assist individuals with disabilities withtheir finances and their everyday needs. The hardest part if this job was the different personalites and not knowing the type of behaviors we would encounter.
Enjoyment of working with the mentally clients
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Ellaville, GASeptember 12, 2018
I enjoy my time working at Benchmark. The job was challenging at times but overall it was a great experience. The management was easy to work for and understood everyday problems people have in their life.
Pros
Trips wih the clients to Walmart etc.
Cons
When a new client is admitted who has been off their medicine.
Challenging and fulfilling
Assistant Director/Behavior Clinician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 30, 2018
Working with the clients was a joy and very rewarding both personally and professionally. Hours were long and at times overwhelming due to staff shortages common in this field.
Benchmark
Case Manager // Hillsborough Township, NJ (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJAugust 15, 2018
Benchmark is a great company to work for. The staff is great. The benefits are great. You learn a lot when you work for this company. The benefits are
Pros
Yes free lunches
Cons
No holiday pay
Terrible place to work!
direct support professional (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAAugust 13, 2018
As a former employee at bench mark, I wouldn't recommend any one to work there! The kids are violent! I have scars to verify it! Management is very unprofessional, and they will throw you under the bus when issues occurs! I didn't get paid for my overtime,unorganized,unprofessional, no holiday pay, no week end differential pay! It is a poor company to work for!They don't support people with disabilities! I do have a disability , and I received no respect at all!Staff don't work as a team! The Staff and supervisor is very unprofessionall and incompetent!
Pros
Cons
poor management, onorganized, no holiday pay
Absolutely Loved this job!!!!! BUT, new director.......not so much!!
Mobile Crisis DSP (Former Employee) –  Kathleen, GAAugust 8, 2018
However, In the Kathleen/Ft Valley area, in which I just recently resigned from, after seven long years, alot of hours, loving every aspect of my job, including the people I worked with and for, and the consumers we served, after the past two years, under a new director, it did become quite ridiculous! You will get written up for no reason, or for a reason that was fault of the director, and if you are to go above her to report anything, you would be suspended and then fired within a short amount of time afterwards. In working many hours with no sleep, and driving quite a distance and not having time to get more than a few hours of sleep in between shifts, in which the director continuously and unfairly fires whole shifts and house staff at once, expected mobile crisis to cover it, when approached about barely making it home on the amount of sleep allowed, director was unconcerned about my own safety, and told me there was nothing they could do, and took me off mobile crisis, forcing me to take a position in the crisis home, making less money, after seven years. Overall, I absolutely loved my job with Benchmark, and hated very much to resign. But, an unprofessional, nasty director, makes it very hard to continue the job. Wish someone would look into the problems in that region. I cried the day I turned in my resignation, so did other co workers that met me at the door upon my leaving. For so long, I really thought that I would retire from this company, even with no pay raises, the job was absolutely rewarding. I would recommend this job and company for any other state  more... or region, other than Region 6 in Georgia at this time. Best of luck to anyone taking the position.  less
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 25, 2018
Overtime available
Stressful at times
Excellent Director
Competitive starting pay with no experience
A lot of good people to work with and for
Opportunity for advancement
Pros
job security
Cons
lots of overtime
Direct Care, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 21, 2018
I love being a team Leader and doing my everyday responsibilities. The hardest part of this job is working alone a lot in a home. It would be a lot easier with more staff
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Working alone alot
fun place to work
Team Leader - Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJJuly 15, 2018
When you have a great team things run smoothly. Each home runs differently depending on the management team. The best part of the job was dealing with the individuals. The hardest part of the job is the staffing; there is not enough staff. Also, developing a routine with you co-worker makes things easier.
Pros
Fun activities for the individuals
Cons
If your relief does not come in your stuck for a second shift
Fun place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 9, 2018
Assistance with ADL cooking meals going out on outing library reading and coloring dancing and singing birthdays movie day Art's and craft going to the zoo.
Not a bad place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Pittsgrove, NJJuly 6, 2018
I never had a bad experience. A typical day at work is giving medications, snacks, preparing meals, hygiene care, community integration, and completing goals and outcomes for individuals.
Great management group
assist children and adults (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 3, 2018
Very good place to work,people is friendly,i like my clients i work with for 11+ years.I recommend anyone work for them.This company is growing and helping individuals with advisability to make different to leaves.
Working at Benchmark Human Services
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 25, 2018
I have been working here for last 7yrs. I work at a residential house so it depends with how many clients you work with. Dealing with different behaviors everyday and learning how to cope in tough situations.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun Work Place.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 18, 2018
Bench Mark is a very nice company to work with, The Staffs are a great team player. I enjoy working for this company and I will recommend anyone that want to work for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benchmark Human Services. Our community is ready to answer.