Benchmark Mortgage Employee Reviews

Productive and Great Job
Loan Production Partner (Former Employee) –  Woodstock VAJuly 16, 2018
Really enjoyed what I did. Unfortunately my job position was eliminated for the Branch I worked out of. I have over 20 plus years of experience in the mortgage industry. I loved helping clients find the best mortgage product to fit their needs.
Young company with room to learn and grow.
AP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 30, 2018
this is somewhat of a new company within about 15 years of age. While I loved working for them, there is a lot of room for growth. They are continuing to improve with age and learning.
Loved this Company
Appraisal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75024April 12, 2018
GREAT company to work for never had a complaint until the Appraisal department started laying off minorities for "Gossip"...Not sure what they consider gossip but clearly you can complain about being micr-managed because you'll be fired on grounds of GOSSIP. Wow!!
May 1, 2018

We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. At Benchmark, we strive to take complaints from employees seriously and make improvements where possible.

Our core values drive our culture, and those values include having a positive attitude. We made a decisive commitment to conduct ourselves with a positive attitude in all areas of our lives. We say it like this: When you reach the door to our office, walk in with a great attitude.

it was funny place to work getting to know clients
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2018
day at Benchmark was different each and every day , it depends if you had client to check on their credit and try and get a bank to take their loan amount . or you would have days where nothing would be happen.
Pros
lunch free, outing
Cons
bouses
Fantastic company
Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 9, 2018
Great company to work for. They really care for their employees. Lots of training offered to help loan originators grow their business. If I wanted to stay in the industry then there would be no doubt I would stay with Benchmark.
May 1, 2018

Thank you for leaving such a positive review! We do care for our employees, and when they succeed we succeed.

Lack of Leadership from Management
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2018
This is reflective of the particular branch I worked at which has since closed: poor leadership, poor management, no proper structure, terrible hiring choices.
Fast pace and great customer service
Mortgage Production Partner (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 11, 2017
We worked hard to keep up with fast turn times and keep customer service at it's highest. Weekly to daily calls with borrowers and agents to keep everyone involved in the transaction. Quick turn times allowed us to never miss closing. We were given turn time requirements and were held to specific standards.
Pros
You build a family working here
Cons
Fully staffed
Training Sold Seperately
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75024August 22, 2017
Training is a joke at this place. You are expected to just know how to do your job. Any additional training must be requested hundreds of times and will still not be given. Communication with management is also abhorrent. You have to email or call dozens of times to get any kind of response for questions, and often times management will just up and leave without telling their subordinates where they are going. So when a question arises, the client has to wait.
Unless you are personal friends with management you will not likely see any upward movement at this company. You also have to remind them about annual reviews which are usually done 3-4 months late. There are family members of various Admin and Assistants that work here as well. They are shown blatant favor, and I would imagine are better compensated financially than their peers.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Bad Management, Poor Communication, Blatant Nepotism/Favoritism
May 1, 2018

We apologize that your training requests were not appropriately addressed. We are proud of our client-first, values-based approach to business, and are committed to providing employees the training they need to succeed and provide the best service possible. In addition, we are working to improve the timeliness of our annual performance reviews.

Benchmark is a family-based business, and our management team takes seriously our practices with regards to equal opportunity in all aspects of employment.

Excellent staff level employees
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 10, 2017
While overall a good place to work, there is no chance for advancement or growth within the company. Standard benefits. The employees are the greatest asset, but company rewards and excuses poor quality for long time employees.
Pros
wonderful employees
Cons
no chance for advancement
productive and fun
Appraisal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 28, 2017
Excellent place to work for. They care about their employees . It is a company that is growing and growing and more job opportunities will become available. Giving employees a chance to grow with the company.
Pros
free lunches and bonus
Cons
lots of work
Great job with great core values
Administrative Assistant/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 8, 2016
Benchmark is a wonderful place to work for! Great benefits and fantastic values to go by. Everyone has always been caring and understanding here.
Mortgage Professional
Training Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 29, 2015
Interested in a family oriented environment that would allow me to utilize my skills and experience as well as offer personal growth opportunities.
Lots of company support
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 4, 2014
Great company to work for if you love the mortgage industry.
Best Mortgage Opportunity in America
Branch Manager/Senior Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 20, 2014
Stewart and Bryan and the greatest guys to work for in the industry and they care just as much for your success than you do.
Everyday
Sr. Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 8, 2014
My work day begins at 6AM M-Fand ends at 2:30 PM. I am a highly motivaed individual.
Great place to work, gotta find the right spot though
Appraisal Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 18, 2014
This is an amazing company to work for! They really strive to put an emphasis on maintaining a high-morale. However, in my 6+ months there I have yet to learn anything new. One drawback, is that Management has high ego's. It's really their way or the highway. Hardest part was trying to get them to communicate on a level playing field. The most enjoyable part was the atmosphere there. It's truly one-of-a-kind in the Mortgage Industry.
Pros
Atmosphere, events, staff
Cons
management, micro-managing
Mortgage Broker was difficult
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 15, 2014
Developing a network of people to refer business to me. Learning all the different mortgage company's and what loans the offer. Prospecting for new clients. Working with processors to complete the mortgage in a timely fashion.
I learned many things about the mortgage industry and how it works.
The management staff was very interesting to say the least. They were out for themselves more then for the betterment of the company.
Pros
Self employed
Cons
Self employed
Good learning experience
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSDecember 21, 2013
The mortgage industry allows you to develop customer skills and the opportunity to be creative.
Pros
open hours
Cons
closings can be delayed
Unfulfilled promises
Remote Conventional Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 8, 2013
The company promoted one form of values for those that they had in favor and another for those that were new or on the outside. Management was never readily available when needed or when decisions needed to be made.

When I was hired I was told that additional training and advancement would be available to me but once my original hiring manager was let go it was clear that the management that was left would not fulfill those promises and I would be out any way they could find possible
Pros
trip to vegas and working remote
Cons
management
January 22, 2016

Truthfully the mortgage business isn't for everyone. It requires a substantial drive and dedication to learn the business of originating loans. The builder community is quite demanding on Loan Officers, often requiring them to work on weekends in model homes, and have an aggressive follow up schedule to close loans. Those that are successful have great income potential. If someone has less than one year tenure at any job over the last 5 years, it's likely that they will not be successful here. Initiative and desire are key skills to be successful.

Fast pace and competitive work environment. Everyday brings a new experience
Mortgage Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 3, 2012
Go to the office as early as 7am, meeting on a review of the previous day and goals are agendas of the curent day. Monitoring loan officer operations, assist with hardened customers, help with loan pricing and documentation requirement list. Monitor all loans pipeline, and help clear conditions on loans for closing
Pros
everyday brings a new challenge
Cons
it is an industry that requires high ethical standards, and sometimes you just don't know where the line gets drawn

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benchmark Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

Benchmark Mortgage Reviews by Location