Benchmark Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Growing company - desperate for training
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 17, 2018
While the company pampers clinicians and partners; executive leadership does not help develop the supporting roles. The managers and directors do not have understanding of basic company policies or procedures. Work coverage is hard to come by thus, anyone taking PTO or out for medical reasons can sometimes be discriminated against. Because they are going through a merger many things are changing so there seems to be a lot of confusion coming from the corporate office.
Pros
Good co-workers and new facilities
Cons
No flexibility, leadership not open to new ideas
Phenomenal business with great employees in every clinc
Office Coordinator/ Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Highlands, VASeptember 6, 2018
The work environment is great and there is ample opportunity to create relationships with both patients and coworkers. The aim is to make the patient have an experience that gets them better but also encourages them to continue the work outside of the clinic. The people in the company is the best part of this job. You meet so many amazing people throughout your time here. This job can become stressful if you are not on top of organization and task prioritizing.
Wonderful Intern opportunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNSeptember 3, 2018
As an intern at Benchmark Physical Therapy I experienced many aspects of clinical outpatient therapy. Not only did I maintain clean linens and equipment, I was afforded the opportunity to work with patients, young and old, guiding them through their exercises prescribed by the therapist. At the end of treatment, I assisted in applying electrical stimulation, along with heat/ice packs, to the area worked to facilitate in keeping down inflammation and promote healing.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Not enough hands to assist the number of patients
Fun place to work!
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 23, 2018
Great place to work. Management is very hands on and training was excellent! Training by a mentor during the first couple of weeks. Continued training and telephone conferences weekly thereafter.
Pros
Training
good intern job
Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, GAAugust 16, 2018
thumbs up, good job for intern since i did a bunch of chores and setting up area for patience. Only downside is they do not allow the sale of exotic animals in their parking lot.
Disappointed
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Reidsville, NCJuly 26, 2018
Benchmark is one of the few companies that allows for partnerships. Sadly the partnerships heard tough to come by and you only get 5 to 10% of reference for whichever clinic your a partner in.
Management needs improvement
MVA Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 11, 2018
Benchmark needs to train their managers to be more professional. They do not train their management adequate. Management is not equipped to manage. They need to offer competitive wages.
Pros
employee appreciation
Cons
management lacking
Great staff.
Office Coordinator/Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 2, 2018
Fast-paced environment. Great co-workers. I loved working with the patients. I was exposed to working the front desk where I would check in patients, verify insurance, collect co-pays, and answer the phones. I also helped the patients with their exercises.
Pros
Working with the patients.
Cons
No benefits.
Poor management
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCJune 13, 2018
Unfortunately, this company had great potential. Unfortunately one of the directors provided hypocritical micromanagement and was less concerned with skilled care for the patients than for redundant, non practical notes. Visibly angry all the time in an Asperger type manner and world.

Would not recommend this company for an experienced therapist. May be ok for a rehab tech but not even sure of this
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor overbearing micromanagement straight from a new MBA grad type
Wonderful Learning Opportunity
Physical and Occupational Therapy Internship (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 11, 2018
Studied under Occupation and Physical therapist for the summer months. Worked with pediatrics and adults. Loved learning about the company and the rehabilitation services the provided.
Great hands on experience.
Floating was tough and stressful.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2018
Floating was tough and stressful. I learned a lot about physical therapy and gained a lot of invaluable experience. I worked alongside many great therapists.
great place to work
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAJune 4, 2018
great culture to work in. the therapists and patients became like family. it was a very rewarding job. the best part of the job was being able to learn about treatments and being able to help patients. the worst part was dealing with health insurance companies
Cons
pay
The best place I've ever worked
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 3, 2018
I would hands down recommend this company to anyone. They go above and beyond to further your career and see that you are family. They practice with the highest ethics and have numerous options for career and personal growth. The benefits are comparable to most companies, if not slightly better. I am only relocating because I have to move for my husband's job.
An excellent location of quality Physical Therapy
Student Physical Therapist's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNMay 21, 2018
The excellent care with exceptional customer service. Expect expert diagnosis, planning, and follow up from all the staff. You will be excited about therapy.
student intern
student intern (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAMay 16, 2018
I learned a lot while interning at this particular facility. Staff was very supportive of my learning and was always willing to help whenever i had questions.
Great place to learn and develop in Physical Therapy
Intern (Former Employee) –  Grayson, GAMay 14, 2018
A typical day at work consists of assessing a patient's injury and how to start their rehabilitation process. The hands-on experience I gained during my time there has stuck with me even until now. I learned so much about the body that had not originally been taught to me in school. The management staff was even kind enough to get me a departing gift on my last day at work and they always made me smile and laugh. The workplace culture was always a positive and encouraging setting. The hardest part of the job was simply cleaning tables, and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn about things I was interested in from people that showed they cared.
na
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 3, 2018
This was a great place to start my PT career. They do care quite a bit about each employee and do what they can to make ends meet for the patient and also the employee.
benefits
Cons
travel
Productive work environment
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALMay 2, 2018
As office coordinator I am able to communicate with patients and make sure they are getting the care they need to succeed in getting better and able to move and complete task as they would like to.
Great environment and supportive team
MOT student Intern (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 11, 2018
Benchmark has great opportunities and programs for new graduates and helps with the learning aspect of getting comfortable as a new therapist. It is one of the few companies that offer a fellowship/residency program to Occupational Therapists. All management is casual, approachable and genuinely cares about their staff.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
High productivity
Fast-paced work environment
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2018
Multi-tasking is required, however there are fun coworkers and patients, which make the environment relaxed, freedom to apply knowledge to treat patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benchmark Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight