BenchMark Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

average
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37421March 6, 2019
typical work day is answer phones and customer questions
Management is has its ups and downs
goals are set, but sometimes may not be realistic.
Overall it is an average work enviroment
Help Desk Technician
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNFebruary 27, 2019
Benchmark was a great place to work. I was still in college for IT during my (admittedly short) career there. The management was fantastic, the hours weren't bad, and the pay was really great considering the entry level role. Paid time off accrued quickly. There was free training in certain help desk certifications (ITIL). They were also heavy on promoting from within. They made one of their help desk technicians a junior C# developer. The help desk also got most weekends off, with rotating Saturdays of overtime. Overall, it was a great first step into the IT world.
Pros
Pay, work life balance, free training, benefits
Cons
Unable to go to school while working there
Productuctive and exciting work environment
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 20, 2019
The working atmosphere here is amazing. Tons of interaction between patients and the staff, but the pay is a little harsh for the job description and the cost of living in the area. Great place to gain experience for school.
Pros
Awesome staff and work environment
Cons
Low hourly pay
Great people and love that everyday is different!
Senior Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 21, 2019
A typical day at work is very routine with an established checklist of things you'll need to take care of including checking-in patients, taking co-pays, completing clinic orders, data entry of patient information,etc but no day is really the same as patients come in with crazy stories and fun personalities. You hear A LOT and it really helps if you're a people person. It's very rewarding work as you see patients progress, have the opportunity to create bonds with people, and can really see that you make a difference in people's lives. Your co-workers are usually all fun loving and positive people. Management has an open door policy and are positive and loving people as well. Training is two weeks long (typically) and you still have a supervisor and weekly calls to help you if you need any extra assistance. The hardest part of the job is that it is very demanding (there are standards and numbers you are expected to meet) and the pay is low (office staff start around $12). Raises are low, just as a result of how low the pay is so a 10% raise is still only about 30 cents and it will only come once a year. However, if you meet your numbers you can achieve a bonus of $100 for a two week pay period. You have opportunities to move up, but you have to be proactive, vocal and work very hard for it! The other downside is that clinic (therapists and office) staff have swing shifts that are not very mom friendly. Yes, everyone works them so they are fair, but if you're a mom that would love to see your kids off the bus or be there every night for homework this is NOT the job for you, because  more... this will not happen at least two days a week. However, to end on a positive note Saturdays and Sundays are completely yours and the company doesn't let office staff take anything home so once you leave the office, there are no calls, check-ins, at home stuff, etc. I love having lots of vacation time that we are encouraged to use to help us with work-life balance, and of course any job offering benefits is awesome!  less
Pros
Job Culture, Management, Meaningful Work, Interesting Days, Great Training :)
Cons
Pay is low for workload, swing shift has 7 PM days ( 2 days a week I can't see my kids until bedtime)
Fast-Paced Environment with Many Opportunities to Grow
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2019
The clinics at BenchMark vary between regions and management. I have had the pleasure of experiencing multiple regions and seeing how their managers run those clinics, as well as the different cultures of the clinics. Overall, the environment is fast-paced, but as a new grad/employee you are slowly introduced over a period of a few months to be sure that you are comfortable. BenchMark encourages teamwork and growth, therefore any vision you see for yourself will be met with support and collaboration from your coworkers and manager. PTO can be tough to balance between clinicians, however the company does its very best to hire as much support staff as possible.
Pros
Good benefits, teamwork, opportunities for growth
Cons
Flexibility with PTO
fun place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonJanuary 4, 2019
enjoyable place to work for someone who needs a little flexibility in their week. Management is fun and you get to work with an array of patient's and medical companies and physicians offices.
Very fast paced and stressful environment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 28, 2018
Not much training before being expected to be expected to run a medical office on a daily basis. A lot of hard work and stress without a fair ratio of pay or advancement. It was a great learning experience for dealing strictly with patients who are injured. Also, great experience learning insurance and authorization procedures to bring to a future career.
Pros
Nice clinic director
Cons
Too much stress without proper compensation
North Georgia Area is Family Oriented and Cares about their people
Regional Assistant (Current Employee) –  North GeorgiaDecember 26, 2018
Not all clinics in GA are the same. The North Georgia area clinics are by far the best area to be part of. The focus of the managers and team are different and better than the other areas by FAR. Yes, we do still focus on numbers but not to the point where it overtakes patient care. The patient's are still first and we strive to improve our customer service daily.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Family atmosphere, personable management
Cons
Pay
Great culture, supportive, good pace
Clinical Director/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GADecember 10, 2018
12 patients/day on average, varied caseload, minimal required marketing. Great, supportive management with good growth potential. Great education and clinical skill advancement opportunities.
Encouraging and supportive environment for developing clinical skills
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 2, 2018
I've been working at Benchmark for 4 months now and I am very pleased to be a physical therapist for this company.

They care about your quality of treatment and will slowly work you into the system while you learn the EMR. There is a limit on the amount of patients they will let you see your first 3 months during the learning process: 1st month (6-8 patients), 2nd month (8-10 patients) and 3rd month (10-12 patients).

Benchmark values experienced clinicians and they provide incentives for CEU's, residency program, other programs to expand your level of expertise. This company takes pride in having the most rounded clinicians and they are willing to invest in you to expand your skill set.

This company cares about your questions and concerns. There are mentor pod meetings that new clinicians attend every few months for the first year. At these meetings, we learn clinical skills and review case studies. There is also a senior therapist who is assigned to each new graduate as a mentor. You and your mentor will meet monthly to further discuss goals and how things are going!

Other: The pay is competitive. The benefits are good. They've hired excellent support staff with an enjoyable work culture.
Pros
Supportive environment, room for growth within the company, incentives to expand skill set
Benchmark makes it a priority to develop and support new grad therapists
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 29, 2018
Coming out of PT school I was offered multiple jobs. Benchmark was by far the best about making me feel valued and offered the best mentorship. They offer several mentorship opportunities including being partnered with a senior therapist, group mentor pod meetings with other new grad therapists, and offer an in-house residency program. They also offered the highest salary with competitive benefits.

Benchmark has an excellence on-boarding process for new therapists. I started with 6 patients a day for a couple weeks and slowly progressed to 10-12 at the end of 3 months making feel feel comfortable as a new therapist.

One of the best parts about the clinic I work at is the support staff and the other therapists. We are busy but always work as a team to make sure that the therapists are not overworked. With any double bookings there is a PT tech to assist making sure excellent patient care is always provided.
Pros
Excellent mentorship, supportive team
Great Company for New Grads
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 29, 2018
I was recruited by BenchMark to work in Portland, OR as a new PT grad, and I jumped at the opportunity to relocate accross the country to work for the company. I first heard about BenchMark in a career fair in grad school, and I was instantly drawn to it because of the strong emphasis placed on mentorship. I attend monthly one on one mentor meetings where we discuss any questions I have, and talk about topics such as continuing education. There are also regualar mentor pod meetings with other new grads where we enhance our clinical skills and discuss professional development.

The work culture in the BenchMark family truly makes new grads feel supported. Senior therapists regularly reach out to me to check in, and they're always happy to answer any questions I have. The clinic I work in stays very busy, but I rarely get overwhelmed because of the awesome support staff and the team dynamic of other therapists jumping in to help if one of us gets extra busy.
Pros
Team dynamic, supportive work culture, hour long lunch breaks
Cons
Documentation can add extra time to the work day
Interactive and Compassionate Company
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 28, 2018
They do make an effort to listen to their employees, even upper management. Pay could be better but if it pays the bills I would recommend working here to a friend. Some clinics are busier than others, the one I work at is a busy clinic so it can be stressful at times and you sometimes feel like no one understands how much work you are actually doing, so you can feel unappreciated, but they are proactive about asking if there is anything wrong or areas to improve in at this company.
Pros
Flexible schedule; paid time off; benefits
Cons
Low pay; over-worked
Benchmark preys on new grads
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 20, 2018
The system that I have seen at Benchmark is they try to hire new grads because they can pay them the lowest salaries. They then push these clinicians to see the maximum amount of patients. Minimum of 60 patient visits per week without support staff. They will hold yearly raises from you if you have not double booked your schedule and burned yourself out. When I finally left BM I found a much better local clinic that treats its employees better, does not demand quantity over quality, and thankfully pays me much better. New grads steer clear of this company. They are trying to expand in the pacific northwest and driving out the small locally owned clinics.
Pros
Benefits of a large company, mentorship
Cons
Low pay, high stress, extremely busy schedule
Poorly Managed
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 8, 2018
The IT department is falling apart. People are quitting because the department is understaffed and the compensation is not enough. There is no sense of escalation and there are people in positions they are not qualified for.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Too much work, Not enough pay
Great work environment but compensation doesn’t reflect the amount of work required
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 8, 2018
I love my clinic ! The therapists and tech are amazing and our patient population for the most part is great ! On the flip side, a lot is required of the OC and when things start to look bad at the clinic , majority of that comes back on you . You are required to do sooo much As in hit all the numbers they expect of you or they will threaten your job . The amount of work you have to do may be normal for this type of job , but other companies will pay you A LOT more for these same duties. If possible start at a clinic that doesn’t have such a huge case load . You will more than likely feel like everything pans out . In my case , i started at a very established location .
Pros
Great therapists, awesome gifts from patients, free lunch for meetings
Cons
Pay for work load
Productive and Relaxed Place
Externship Student (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNNovember 7, 2018
Receive mail when I first got there in the morning. Sorted letters according to whether I could enter a new address. The ones that didn't have an address I could update went into the alphabetical stack.

I learned to work Raintree in an efficient manner. Organizing was the most fun part of the job because I like keeping things in neat stacks. I also learned to rely on people more.

My boss was very understanding and explained where I went wrong when I made a mistake. I was also assigned a person that I got my daily assignments from but it was mostly organizing letters and calling people.

It was very relaxed there and I loved working with the people there. Even though it was busy there wasn't any tension in the air at all.

Hardest part of the job was calling people. Most of them were pleasant but others were difficult and/or obstinate.

Most enjoyable part was working with my coworkers and organizing the letters. I loved it when Monday came around and we got a bunch of letters. I would get a lot of them that I could update and it would take me several days to get through them.
Pros
15 minute breaks an hour. Friendly environment. On the job training.
Great Learning Experience
Technician (Former Employee) –  MissouriOctober 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at SERC as a tech for the past year. I learned so much about patient care, office duties, teamwork, communication, and myself. Even though pay was low considering everything I did, I gained valuable experience in an outpatient clinic. I often felt overwhelmed and pressured to be perfect. However, I was extremely grateful for the opportunity to work with a variety of therapists and have the clinical experience.
Pros
hour lunches on full days, PTO opportunity, meeting exceptional clinicians, learning about patient care and therapy
Cons
micromanaged, minimal training, no breaks on half days, “other tasks deemed necessary”
Depends which Benchmark location....
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
The culture of the clinics vary A LOT. I would recommend anywhere in Tennessee. Some clinics are extremely busy, some are not. Overall, 'most' allow flexibility with hours, breaks, etc. It can be an extremely fun work atmosphere depending where you land.
Growing company - desperate for training
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 17, 2018
While the company pampers clinicians and partners; executive leadership does not help develop the supporting roles. The managers and directors do not have understanding of basic company policies or procedures. Work coverage is hard to come by thus, anyone taking PTO or out for medical reasons can sometimes be discriminated against. Because they are going through a merger many things are changing so there seems to be a lot of confusion coming from the corporate office.
Pros
Good co-workers and new facilities
Cons
No flexibility, leadership not open to new ideas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BenchMark Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight