BenchMark Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Benchmark preys on new grads
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 20, 2018
The system that I have seen at Benchmark is they try to hire new grads because they can pay them the lowest salaries. They then push these clinicians to see the maximum amount of patients. Minimum of 60 patient visits per week without support staff. They will hold yearly raises from you if you have not double booked your schedule and burned yourself out. When I finally left BM I found a much better local clinic that treats its employees better, does not demand quantity over quality, and thankfully pays me much better. New grads steer clear of this company. They are trying to expand in the pacific northwest and driving out the small locally owned clinics.
Pros
Benefits of a large company, mentorship
Cons
Low pay, high stress, extremely busy schedule
Benchmark makes it a priority to develop and support new grad therapists
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 29, 2018
Coming out of PT school I was offered multiple jobs. Benchmark was by far the best about making me feel valued and offered the best mentorship. They offer several mentorship opportunities including being partnered with a senior therapist, group mentor pod meetings with other new grad therapists, and offer an in-house residency program. They also offered the highest salary with competitive benefits.

Benchmark has an excellence on-boarding process for new therapists. I started with 6 patients a day for a couple weeks and slowly progressed to 10-12 at the end of 3 months making feel feel comfortable as a new therapist.

One of the best parts about the clinic I work at is the support staff and the other therapists. We are busy but always work as a team to make sure that the therapists are not overworked. With any double bookings there is a PT tech to assist making sure excellent patient care is always provided.
Pros
Excellent mentorship, supportive team
Great Company for New Grads
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 29, 2018
I was recruited by BenchMark to work in Portland, OR as a new PT grad, and I jumped at the opportunity to relocate accross the country to work for the company. I first heard about BenchMark in a career fair in grad school, and I was instantly drawn to it because of the strong emphasis placed on mentorship. I attend monthly one on one mentor meetings where we discuss any questions I have, and talk about topics such as continuing education. There are also regualar mentor pod meetings with other new grads where we enhance our clinical skills and discuss professional development.

The work culture in the BenchMark family truly makes new grads feel supported. Senior therapists regularly reach out to me to check in, and they're always happy to answer any questions I have. The clinic I work in stays very busy, but I rarely get overwhelmed because of the awesome support staff and the team dynamic of other therapists jumping in to help if one of us gets extra busy.
Pros
Team dynamic, supportive work culture, hour long lunch breaks
Cons
Documentation can add extra time to the work day
Encouraging and supportive environment for developing clinical skills
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 2, 2018
I've been working at Benchmark for 4 months now and I am very pleased to be a physical therapist for this company.

They care about your quality of treatment and will slowly work you into the system while you learn the EMR. There is a limit on the amount of patients they will let you see your first 3 months during the learning process: 1st month (6-8 patients), 2nd month (8-10 patients) and 3rd month (10-12 patients).

Benchmark values experienced clinicians and they provide incentives for CEU's, residency program, other programs to expand your level of expertise. This company takes pride in having the most rounded clinicians and they are willing to invest in you to expand your skill set.

This company cares about your questions and concerns. There are mentor pod meetings that new clinicians attend every few months for the first year. At these meetings, we learn clinical skills and review case studies. There is also a senior therapist who is assigned to each new graduate as a mentor. You and your mentor will meet monthly to further discuss goals and how things are going!

Other: The pay is competitive. The benefits are good. They've hired excellent support staff with an enjoyable work culture.
Pros
Supportive environment, room for growth within the company, incentives to expand skill set
Great culture, supportive, good pace
Clinical Director/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GADecember 10, 2018
12 patients/day on average, varied caseload, minimal required marketing. Great, supportive management with good growth potential. Great education and clinical skill advancement opportunities.
Great place to learn and develop in Physical Therapy
Intern (Former Employee) –  Grayson, GAMay 14, 2018
A typical day at work consists of assessing a patient's injury and how to start their rehabilitation process. The hands-on experience I gained during my time there has stuck with me even until now. I learned so much about the body that had not originally been taught to me in school. The management staff was even kind enough to get me a departing gift on my last day at work and they always made me smile and laugh. The workplace culture was always a positive and encouraging setting. The hardest part of the job was simply cleaning tables, and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn about things I was interested in from people that showed they cared.
The best place I've ever worked
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 3, 2018
I would hands down recommend this company to anyone. They go above and beyond to further your career and see that you are family. They practice with the highest ethics and have numerous options for career and personal growth. The benefits are comparable to most companies, if not slightly better. I am only relocating because I have to move for my husband's job.
Growing company - desperate for training
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 17, 2018
While the company pampers clinicians and partners; executive leadership does not help develop the supporting roles. The managers and directors do not have understanding of basic company policies or procedures. Work coverage is hard to come by thus, anyone taking PTO or out for medical reasons can sometimes be discriminated against. Because they are going through a merger many things are changing so there seems to be a lot of confusion coming from the corporate office.
Pros
Good co-workers and new facilities
Cons
No flexibility, leadership not open to new ideas
Management needs improvement
MVA Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 11, 2018
Benchmark needs to train their managers to be more professional. They do not train their management adequate. Management is not equipped to manage. They need to offer competitive wages.
Pros
employee appreciation
Cons
management lacking
Poorly Managed
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 8, 2018
The IT department is falling apart. People are quitting because the department is understaffed and the compensation is not enough. There is no sense of escalation and there are people in positions they are not qualified for.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Too much work, Not enough pay
great for therapy, not for employees
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2018
This company is excellent at taking care of the patient. In fact, they’re even great at taking care of their therapists. They do NOT take care of their lower level employees, though. Bottom of the pay scale, no advancement opportunities, and they are often overworked. You can actually work at a fast food restaurant and make better money and receive better benefits. If you’re looking to take this job while you finish school, it’s great for learning basic medical office skills. Otherwise, find somewhere that will pay you what you’re worth and value you as an employee.
Great work environment but compensation doesn’t reflect the amount of work required
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 8, 2018
I love my clinic ! The therapists and tech are amazing and our patient population for the most part is great ! On the flip side, a lot is required of the OC and when things start to look bad at the clinic , majority of that comes back on you . You are required to do sooo much As in hit all the numbers they expect of you or they will threaten your job . The amount of work you have to do may be normal for this type of job , but other companies will pay you A LOT more for these same duties. If possible start at a clinic that doesn’t have such a huge case load . You will more than likely feel like everything pans out . In my case , i started at a very established location .
Pros
Great therapists, awesome gifts from patients, free lunch for meetings
Cons
Pay for work load
Meh
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 30, 2018
not absolutely terrible but not great. Company has a constant growth mindset and they do not build the infrastructure to keep up with the growth, therefore everyone has to take on more and more work for the same pay. Some of management seems to lack common sense sometimes. Pay is OK, but I have seen other places pay much more for the same thing. This is for ALL positions.
Pros
benefits are decent, hours are typical
Great Learning Experience
Technician (Former Employee) –  MissouriOctober 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at SERC as a tech for the past year. I learned so much about patient care, office duties, teamwork, communication, and myself. Even though pay was low considering everything I did, I gained valuable experience in an outpatient clinic. I often felt overwhelmed and pressured to be perfect. However, I was extremely grateful for the opportunity to work with a variety of therapists and have the clinical experience.
Pros
hour lunches on full days, PTO opportunity, meeting exceptional clinicians, learning about patient care and therapy
Cons
micromanaged, minimal training, no breaks on half days, “other tasks deemed necessary”
Depends which Benchmark location....
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
The culture of the clinics vary A LOT. I would recommend anywhere in Tennessee. Some clinics are extremely busy, some are not. Overall, 'most' allow flexibility with hours, breaks, etc. It can be an extremely fun work atmosphere depending where you land.
Poor management
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCJune 13, 2018
Unfortunately, this company had great potential. Unfortunately one of the directors provided hypocritical micromanagement and was less concerned with skilled care for the patients than for redundant, non practical notes. Visibly angry all the time in an Asperger type manner and world.

Would not recommend this company for an experienced therapist. May be ok for a rehab tech but not even sure of this
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor overbearing micromanagement straight from a new MBA grad type
na
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 3, 2018
This was a great place to start my PT career. They do care quite a bit about each employee and do what they can to make ends meet for the patient and also the employee.
benefits
Cons
travel
Fun place to work!
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 23, 2018
Great place to work. Management is very hands on and training was excellent! Training by a mentor during the first couple of weeks. Continued training and telephone conferences weekly thereafter.
Pros
Training
Productive and Relaxed Place
Externship Student (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNNovember 7, 2018
Receive mail when I first got there in the morning. Sorted letters according to whether I could enter a new address. The ones that didn't have an address I could update went into the alphabetical stack.

I learned to work Raintree in an efficient manner. Organizing was the most fun part of the job because I like keeping things in neat stacks. I also learned to rely on people more.

My boss was very understanding and explained where I went wrong when I made a mistake. I was also assigned a person that I got my daily assignments from but it was mostly organizing letters and calling people.

It was very relaxed there and I loved working with the people there. Even though it was busy there wasn't any tension in the air at all.

Hardest part of the job was calling people. Most of them were pleasant but others were difficult and/or obstinate.

Most enjoyable part was working with my coworkers and organizing the letters. I loved it when Monday came around and we got a bunch of letters. I would get a lot of them that I could update and it would take me several days to get through them.
Pros
15 minute breaks an hour. Friendly environment. On the job training.
Phenomenal business with great employees in every clinc
Office Coordinator/ Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Highlands, VASeptember 6, 2018
The work environment is great and there is ample opportunity to create relationships with both patients and coworkers. The aim is to make the patient have an experience that gets them better but also encourages them to continue the work outside of the clinic. The people in the company is the best part of this job. You meet so many amazing people throughout your time here. This job can become stressful if you are not on top of organization and task prioritizing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BenchMark Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight