Benchmark Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Great staff.
Office Coordinator/Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 2, 2018
Fast-paced environment. Great co-workers. I loved working with the patients. I was exposed to working the front desk where I would check in patients, verify insurance, collect co-pays, and answer the phones. I also helped the patients with their exercises.
Pros
Working with the patients.
Cons
No benefits.
Poor management
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCJune 13, 2018
Unfortunately, this company had great potential. Unfortunately one of the directors provided hypocritical micromanagement and was less concerned with skilled care for the patients than for redundant, non practical notes. Visibly angry all the time in an Asperger type manner and world.

Would not recommend this company for an experienced therapist. May be ok for a rehab tech but not even sure of this
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor overbearing micromanagement straight from a new MBA grad type
Wonderful Learning Opportunity
Physical and Occupational Therapy Internship (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 11, 2018
Studied under Occupation and Physical therapist for the summer months. Worked with pediatrics and adults. Loved learning about the company and the rehabilitation services the provided.
Great hands on experience.
Floating was tough and stressful.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2018
Floating was tough and stressful. I learned a lot about physical therapy and gained a lot of invaluable experience. I worked alongside many great therapists.
great place to work
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAJune 4, 2018
great culture to work in. the therapists and patients became like family. it was a very rewarding job. the best part of the job was being able to learn about treatments and being able to help patients. the worst part was dealing with health insurance companies
Cons
pay
The best place I've ever worked
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 3, 2018
I would hands down recommend this company to anyone. They go above and beyond to further your career and see that you are family. They practice with the highest ethics and have numerous options for career and personal growth. The benefits are comparable to most companies, if not slightly better. I am only relocating because I have to move for my husband's job.
An excellent location of quality Physical Therapy
Student Physical Therapist's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNMay 21, 2018
The excellent care with exceptional customer service. Expect expert diagnosis, planning, and follow up from all the staff. You will be excited about therapy.
student intern
student intern (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAMay 16, 2018
I learned a lot while interning at this particular facility. Staff was very supportive of my learning and was always willing to help whenever i had questions.
Great place to learn and develop in Physical Therapy
Intern (Former Employee) –  Grayson, GAMay 14, 2018
A typical day at work consists of assessing a patient's injury and how to start their rehabilitation process. The hands-on experience I gained during my time there has stuck with me even until now. I learned so much about the body that had not originally been taught to me in school. The management staff was even kind enough to get me a departing gift on my last day at work and they always made me smile and laugh. The workplace culture was always a positive and encouraging setting. The hardest part of the job was simply cleaning tables, and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn about things I was interested in from people that showed they cared.
na
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 3, 2018
This was a great place to start my PT career. They do care quite a bit about each employee and do what they can to make ends meet for the patient and also the employee.
benefits
Cons
travel
Productive work environment
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALMay 2, 2018
As office coordinator I am able to communicate with patients and make sure they are getting the care they need to succeed in getting better and able to move and complete task as they would like to.
Great environment and supportive team
MOT student Intern (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 11, 2018
Benchmark has great opportunities and programs for new graduates and helps with the learning aspect of getting comfortable as a new therapist. It is one of the few companies that offer a fellowship/residency program to Occupational Therapists. All management is casual, approachable and genuinely cares about their staff.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
High productivity
Fast-paced work environment
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2018
Multi-tasking is required, however there are fun coworkers and patients, which make the environment relaxed, freedom to apply knowledge to treat patients
Meh
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 30, 2018
not absolutely terrible but not great. Company has a constant growth mindset and they do not build the infrastructure to keep up with the growth, therefore everyone has to take on more and more work for the same pay. Some of management seems to lack common sense sometimes. Pay is OK, but I have seen other places pay much more for the same thing. This is for ALL positions.
Pros
benefits are decent, hours are typical
Nice Place to Work
Technical Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNMarch 8, 2018
There are many opportunities for career advancement or just a change if you would like to try something new. Hours were pretty flexible. Pay was comparable to other employers in this line of work.
Pros
Stable Working Environment
Cons
Upper Management
great for therapy, not for employees
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2018
This company is excellent at taking care of the patient. In fact, they’re even great at taking care of their therapists. They do NOT take care of their lower level employees, though. Bottom of the pay scale, no advancement opportunities, and they are often overworked. You can actually work at a fast food restaurant and make better money and receive better benefits. If you’re looking to take this job while you finish school, it’s great for learning basic medical office skills. Otherwise, find somewhere that will pay you what you’re worth and value you as an employee.
Organized work environment
Physical Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMarch 1, 2018
I was an intern at BenchMark Physical therapy for about 4 months while still in school. I was very impressed with this company. They were very organized and professional.
OC position
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 14, 2018
Tremendous responsibility, fast paced and stressfull depending on the location you work in. No room for advancement and all OC's treated the same whether they are managing 20 patients or 120
Pros
no advancement opportunities
Cons
team I worked with were fantastic
Benchmark was okay
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 13, 2018
I started working there almost four years ago and it was great back then, however, things did start to change after the years went on. Started out that my team did way more things but the amount of people to support are way less. The team was more laid back and the management was okay. There was someone there to speak to about things but the response was sometimes not what you expected. Now we support over 3 times the amount of people previously and they finally added one more staff on the team after 3 years. Our responsibilities are less, but the workload is unmanageable most of the time. Workflow changed from a normal IT department to a call center which was not discussed with anyone but the management. Communication lacked after a while and when changes were made, they were not discussed to allow for us to prepare for the change with scenarios that we might can think of (always best to have another set of bodies to give their input). Things discussed with management were never addressed. I did enjoy helping the users, building a rapport with them, working with my team, and some days were manageable and we were able to get other things done, the building is nice, etc. Some days though were very difficult with ticket income vs. the amount of people we had to support them, we took on more job responsibilities than we could handle forcing us to push them off on others because we did not have the right tools in our job to support the user.

Needless to say, there were more positives in the beginning than there were near the end, but it is still a good place to work, these are
  more... just things that might have been going on in my department. I would recommend it if you need a job in IT for experience, but be warned that the pay is lower than standards for other places and unequal as well, there is not really any position to move up (it goes your job, manager, and then director), and the workload can get a little out of hand. But they do throw company events, the benefits are that bad, they offer other treats like gym membership discounts, phone bill discounts, etc. The people there are nice for the most part. You will get lots of experience.  less
Pros
Hour lunch, great experience in my field, worked with a great team, benefits are decent, company threw events for us occasionally, etc.
Cons
Low pay, no overtime allowed, poor management for the most part
Good company, terrible management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 31, 2018
I had a terrible experience with Benchmark's management. I did not feel comfortable speaking with management when I had issues and therefore did not feel as though I could rely on anyone at the company. It was definitely a "good ole boy" network there.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Terrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benchmark Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight