Benchmark Research

Working at Benchmark Research: 14 Reviews

United States14 reviews

Not bad but not the best .

Wasn’t bad, great stepping stone. Gave me the experience I needed to move into a different position. Enjoyed my time with the company, learned a lot..

Exciting work. Appreciative Management. Flexible work hours. Good Benefits

Benchmark does a lot of vaccine clinical trials as well as other studies. The vaccine studies are fast and furious. Attention to detail is a must. They have eReg and eSource which helps to ensure quality data and that things are not missed. Global SOPs are good as is their Study Manual. Opportunity to work hard on rewarding mission. New management put in place in 2022 which makes a HUGE difference!!!!

Pros

Good benefits for this industry: 12 holidays, 2 mental health days, 2 wk vacation, bonuses, coffee/snacks, paid health insurance (a big plus), eReg and eSource, 1 admin day a week as needed, remote off site help as well as in process QC. If one follows the process they will be successful.

Cons

Work load can go from intense to moderate requiring some overtime (especially during covid).

Benchmark Research insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Toxic work environment, mentally exhausting

Poor management Micromanaging by staff Highly stressful Never been park of such a toxic environment Management from previous directors was poor which trickled down to new management Spent most of the time fixing old employees mistakes Job not as described

I love my job. Good healthy work place. The company is well established and take care of their staff. I work with a team that are able yo work together and get things done.

Too much micro managing

Much time is wasted receiving insurmountable emails referring to the same topic. The business development team lacks interpersonal skills and emails are received with a tone of harshness instead of a being constructive. Too much time is wasted finding the needed information to complete a task. There are a handful of great people but not enough to feel as though Benchmark is home. Will be seeking other employment soon.

Pros

The end of the work day

Cons

Emphasis on making money not on employees, too many barriers caused by contracts and budgets

Fun and family oriented.

Productive and fun company. All the staff and management are good to work with. Team players, everyone cares for each other. Be ready to feel like you've got another family and support. They have a softball team and they have a lot of fun.

Pros

Relaxed, non stressful working environment. Busy but not overwhelmed with stress.

Cons

Maybe a bit more communication company wide on how the Company is doing as a whole!

It was ok

Pay was decent but it was very disorganized. No real set training program and got thrown into the deep end immediately. Co-workers were nice and helpful though

Family oriented

Love the company but moved out of state. I was able to work there PRN and contract while not working full time. Great people, great company! Pay was well, hours great! Bonus every quarter!!

Excellent company

8-5 job no weekend . Very busy sometimes and slow at others. Always challenging and something new to learn about Research. Great people to work with. They treated me like family. Great owners of the Company. Very caring and do for the employees

Pros

Good people

Cons

Clients sometimes not pleasant.

Employees are not appreciated

I am leaving due to lack of growth, compensation, appreciation, and nonprofessional upper management-including the primary investigator. There are days you are expected to work through lunch and stay after hrs. When you request to use your PTO you get the 3rd degree and made to feel like you shouldnt be asking for time off.

Pros

Working with reputable sponsors

Cons

Long hours, micro management, minimal pay raises 1-2% only

Fun and friendly environment

Staff and management was very friendly and very welcoming. On the job training. Opportunity to travel and monthly incentives are a plus. Overall, this business is one I would apply to again

Pros

Staff was friendly

Cons

There are not any.

Excellent

Worked as an Asst. Coordinator working with data entry and patient communication along with progress notes. The doctor and nurses and other staff were a pleasure to work with. It is a fast paced environment but very rewarding.

it's been a fun trip

I've been in an office dealing with finances and people for 15 years...........so, as you can see from my history that my main handicap is age (72).........lots of experience and do not plan on EVER retiring. probably have a few good years left.

Pros

all good

Cons

need a change

Productive workplace

I woked at American Red Cross as a federal work study student while attending Western/ Carrington College. I worked for the college until the job became available at American Red Cross. I really liked this job. I was able to help out in a couple of disasters. I made calls to people for volunteers and also thanked people for donations. I made flyers for First aide classes and hellped to instructors; while teaching. I filed, and copied. I was involved with data entry and bookkeeping.

Pros

i could work while in school.

Cons

long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benchmark Research. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Benchmark Research reviews by popular job title

• Benchmark Research